Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its all so weird. I understand hindsight is 20/20 but he was doing any number of things for years. And I grew up in rural TN you best bet the students were gossiping among themselves probably even the parents IMO

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

I guess he created this sort of untouchable persona...church-going, family-oriented teacher. It's sickening that he was able to pull it off for as long as did. And then to just run off with a teenager and leave his wife to try to pick up the pieces...just terrible.

Can someone confirm this is the most recent picture of the (modsnip)?

tad cummins

fd94b56c9d2e135d5a68d2d91ec27ac1.jpg

The shape he's in I don't think he can run fast.

?
No pic
6e33c90878216f2874416765c5e47e1b.jpg

41d31368a1aaf3c386185ca954880a7f.jpg

Top is from Jan IIRC I can dig up more for you

This one I believe is the most recent
86774d6118408d0cd5bfa5c252f2ddb1.jpg

The one on the flyer is from many years ago. It's on his DL in his personal file. I don't know why they would use such an old picture.

Hello I am new to this thread and hope the victim is released safely if she is being held against her will. I am also encouraged knowing that so many young girls are incredibly smart and have the power to recognize that they are being coerced and I do hope this young girl knows its OK to leave if she is able and that none of this is her fault at all, no matter what.. This caught my attention because I work with teens and about two years ago found myself in a situation where I became aware of an older man having a relationship with a 15 year old that I was working with. A couple things I learned:
1. He was teaching her to use a program that hid all internet activity so that her parents would not know they were chatting at night
2. He often showed up to see her at places uninvited, or contacted her with long letters pleading for "friendship" after she ended it.
3. She would often feel very sorry for him and was CONVINCED that the entire situation was her fault and that he was not manipulating her.
4. What ultimately helped her was understanding that she need not feel shame.

MOO, JMO, IMO Always

This is an overweight, gray beard, hair 50yr old beast who will be laying around belching, snoring and blowing air around her like he probably does at home.

This, I agree with.

This will get old to her real fast and she will wake up from this fantasy land nasty old beast and want to get the heck out of there.

This, I'm not sure, for a few reasons. ET has had a tough upbringing. ET had only just recently entered public schooling...social interaction outside of family and (fundamentalist Christian) church is still new to her. ET is very hormonal--read through her Instagram and there's no question on that. All these things make me thing she may just decide this is her lot in life. She found someone who cares about her and she'll take what comes with it. (Please don't quote this to argue that at 15 she "can't" make that decision. I get that, and I agree. She is a child, she does not have the mental capacity to, and what's happening here is criminal. That doesn't mean SHE agrees with that. SHE feels she's in love. We as adults get what's going on. She as a child doesn't, but feels she does. So let's stop arguing that she couldn't have decided and realize that at several points along the way she did, and no one stopped/protected her from her own self, and her decisions were driven by not being equipped to make them, so they were poor. And now we're here, all of us trying to figure out how to get her back so she can grow up like we've all had the opportunity to do.)

As someone who was just as hormonal growing up, I feel so much for her. I only had the last factor, but I remember 13-16 vividly like it was yesterday (I'm in my early 30's now). Minor slights from those that I thought were friends, or "attacks" from those I thought were competitors, or being "ignored" by someone I was invested in (ignored meaning an hour lapse in conversation when I wanted to be having it) could throw me into a complete irrational tirade one moment, only to level out the next because of a nice gesture or glimpse of hope provided by someone else, or someone especially important to me. If you read ET's Instagram, it's the same story. Extreme highs and lows every single day.

I'm incredibly lucky no one preyed on that vulnerability and desperate need to just be loved and catered to in my hormonal state. Or, was I "lucky" in that regard, or just lucky I had incredible parents who made sure I wasn't? ET didn't get the latter until recently (I know people will debate me on this, but we have to assume she was placed with her Dad because he is a good person for her, until reasons to believe otherwise emerge). And lucky to have teachers who didn't take advantage? The hormones leveled out, and I grew up to realize that most of the qualities people harped on that threw me into irrational states made me beautiful. And my low self esteem slowly grew into self confidence. But it couldn't easily have gone in the other direction. EASILY.

We need to get this girl home so she has the same opportunity to grow up and realize how beautiful and special she is. It's going to take a bit more for her to do so at this point than your average hormonal girl, however. Between having to recover from this and having to ensure her home life gets in order, this girl deserves some major attention and nuturing when she's finally found.

Hello I am new to this thread and hope the victim is released safely if she is being held against her will. I am also encouraged knowing that so many young girls are incredibly smart and have the power to recognize that they are being coerced and I do hope this young girl knows its OK to leave if she is able and that none of this is her fault at all, no matter what.. This caught my attention because I work with teens and about two years ago found myself in a situation where I became aware of an older man having a relationship with a 15 year old that I was working with. A couple things I learned:
1. He was teaching her to use a program that hid all internet activity so that her parents would not know they were chatting at night
2. He often showed up to see her at places uninvited, or contacted her with long letters pleading for "friendship" after she ended it.
3. She would often feel very sorry for him and was CONVINCED that the entire situation was her fault and that he was not manipulating her.

MOO, JMO, IMO Always

Welcome and thanks for sharing. I'm glad it was a good outcome.

I hate the fact if you Google his name her pictures come up

ADMIN NOTE:

STOP the name calling and cheap pot shots. It's not allowed on WS, and will not be tolerated.

FINAL WARNING

Bessie
WS ADMINISTRATOR

(modsnip)

I don't want to give him an excuse and I'm not but with the sudden weight gain I wonder if he's got thyroid issues in my Psychiatry office this is the 1st thing we would check because your thyroid can greatly impact your mental health. Either way he should still no better though

She's in this romantic beauty and the beast fantasy stage. Like her post on IG. This is an overweight, gray beard, hair 50yr old beast who will be laying around belching, snoring and blowing air around her like he probably does at home. He's 50 he's not going to be like a Justin Bieber. This will get old to her real fast and she will wake up from this fantasy land nasty old beast and want to get the heck out of there.

Her realization that he is a beast and will not be turning into a prince like the movie cannot come soon enough! I wonder what his health was like. Does anyone know if there is any possibility that he might have any health conditions that could help reveal where they are? Maybe being in a car for days with a 15 year old will be enough to push his old ticker over the edge and karma will end this abduction?

I'm sure the person ET was around before the kidnapping was TC on his best behavior and not at all the person he really is. She's probably getting a really heavy dose of who he really is now that he's abducted her and doesn't have to coerce and con her anymore. Hopefully finally meeting the real TC (the control freak his former coworkers talked about) will push her to run for her life the first chance she gets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S. THOMAS: I felt like it was kind of weird because when they were in the classroom together, he would pay her to be good. He would, like, give her*

20 bucks. And you know, every -- in a few days, he would look at it and say, you know -- he would want her to sit next to him, and you know, if she*

was good for a few days, she would get $20. And I thought that was weird. And he would always claim that he seen her as a kid. And I`m, like, I*

don`t think that if you seen her as a kid, you would pay her to be good.

( )
How did this school not notice all these things?

"How did this school not notice all these things?"... I'll expect we shall hear that in a closing argument.

Is it a possibility that TC took the Nissan because it was automatic so ET could drive? Everyone is expecting because of her age that he would be the one to drive. Maybe he took the automatic so she could drive in an attempt to be less noticeable.

MOO, JMO, IMO Always

I did some volunteer work with victims of sexual abuse when I was in law school, and while I'm not making any accusations about what may have happened to ET, I think there are some similarities. The young girls that we dealt with tended to believe that everything that happened to them was their own fault. Their abuser (usually a much older male) would manage to convince them that everything that went on was because it was what the victim wanted, etc. It can take them years to get over this. TC probably has ET convinced of the same thing, and that he's the one doing her a favor by "rescuing" her. It'll probably take her some time to realize that she is not at fault at all.

I read tonight that he took the automatic shift car and left the manual that his wife can't even drive. I guess she will have to learn to do that along with a long list of other new things since TC won't be coming home. But this means he can drive both, but I'm wondering if by taking the automatic he is making the victim drive. Does ET have a drivers license or learners permit? This might be interesting to know.

This, I agree with.

This, I'm not sure, for a few reasons. ET has had a tough upbringing. ET had only just recently entered public schooling...social interaction outside of family and (fundamentalist Christian) church is still new to her. ET is very hormonal--read through her Instagram and there's no question on that. All these things make me thing she may just decide this is her lot in life. She found someone who cares about her and she'll take what comes with it. (Please don't quote this to argue that at 15 she "can't" make that decision. I get that, and I agree. She is a child, she does not have the mental capacity to, and what's happening here is criminal. That doesn't mean SHE agrees with that. SHE feels she's in love. We as adults get what's going on. She as a child doesn't, but feels she does. So let's stop arguing that she couldn't have decided and realize that at several points along the way she did, and no one stopped/protected her from her own self, and her decisions were driven by not being equipped to make them, so they were poor. And now we're here, all of us trying to figure out how to get her back so she can grow up like we've all had the opportunity to do.)

As someone who was just as hormonal growing up, I feel so much for her. I only had the last factor, but I remember 13-16 vividly like it was yesterday (I'm in my early 30's now). Minor slights from those that I thought were friends, or "attacks" from those I thought were competitors, or being "ignored" by someone I was invested in (ignored meaning an hour lapse in conversation when I wanted to be having it) could throw me into a complete irrational tirade one moment, only to level out the next because of a nice gesture or glimpse of hope provided by someone else, or someone especially important to me. If you read ET's Instagram, it's the same story. Extreme highs and lows every single day.

I'm incredibly lucky no one preyed on that vulnerability and desperate need to just be loved and catered to in my hormonal state. Or, was I "lucky" in that regard, or just lucky I had incredible parents who made sure I wasn't? ET didn't get the latter until recently (I know people will debate me on this, but we have to assume she was placed with her Dad because he is a good person for her, until reasons to believe otherwise emerge). And lucky to have teachers who didn't take advantage? The hormones leveled out, and I grew up to realize that most of the qualities people harped on that threw me into irrational states made me beautiful. And my low self esteem slowly grew into self confidence. But it couldn't easily have gone in the other direction. EASILY.

We need to get this girl home so she has the same opportunity to grow up and realize how beautiful and special she is. It's going to take a bit more for her to do so at this point than your average hormonal girl, however. Between having to recover from this and having to ensure her home life gets in order, this girl deserves some major attention and nuturing when she's finally found.
Believe it or not.. plenty ARE married at 15 in TN. She may as well as others close consider this rather normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper