Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, looked up license requirements for TN. There are three levels of teacher licenses for the state of TN: Practitioner license, Practitioner Occupational License and JROTC license. In other words, there are three methods an individual can use to become a licensed teacher in the state of TN. The Practitioner license requires a BS/BA and they have to be enrolled or have completed the approved educator preparation program, in other words the traditional method of becoming a teacher. The Practitioner Occupational License only requires that the person be a high school graduate and either be enrolled or have completed an approved educator preparation program and meet certification requirements specific to content they will be teaching. For Health Sciences they must hold an associate or higher degree that is related to their health care license. and completed one year of full or part time employment in that field within the prior 5 years. TC was legally qualified to teach Health Sciences under the Practitioner Occupational License route. This information from https://www.tn.gov/education/article/apply-for-a-new-teacher-license Just thought I'd clear that confusion up.

Since this isn't posted in this thread #3, here is his personnel file:

https://mgtvwkrn.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/thomas-packet-to-media.pdf

You'll find his application, his resume, his community college (2 years) transcript with an AAS degree in respiratory and a very few other classes that he took at Tennessee State in 2014, AFTER he was employed (since 2011).

He has NO background in formal school teaching, he claims his background in teaching is through the church. His experience is many years in respiratory therapy and car salesman.

But but but, he was a great teacher and everyone loved him! :snark:
BBM
What, teaching teens how to kiss? This monster is very unstable and I will not be surprised if he tries to talk her into doing the unthinkable with him and his guns. I cannot even type it here.

Okay, looked up license requirements for TN. There are three levels of teacher licenses for the state of TN: Practitioner license, Practitioner Occupational License and JROTC license. In other words, there are three methods an individual can use to become a licensed teacher in the state of TN. The Practitioner license requires a BS/BA and they have to be enrolled or have completed the approved educator preparation program, in other words the traditional method of becoming a teacher. The Practitioner Occupational License only requires that the person be a high school graduate and either be enrolled or have completed an approved educator preparation program and meet certification requirements specific to content they will be teaching. For Health Sciences they must hold an associate or higher degree that is related to their health care license. and completed one year of full or part time employment in that field within the prior 5 years. TC was legally qualified to teach Health Sciences under the Practitioner Occupational License route. This information from https://www.tn.gov/education/article/apply-for-a-new-teacher-license Just thought I'd clear that confusion up.

yes, he was hired as a Health Sciences teacher but it appears that now he is teaching a Forensics class.

What are the qualifications of a teacher in Forensics and/or is he qualified to teach Forensics?

Parrish maintains things never got inappropriate with Cummins.

Yes, things were inappropriate. I worked in education for many years and your teacher should be your teacher, not your "close friend."

"He told us all one day that the office had gotten on to him and that we all had to go back to the lunch room because that's where we're supposed to be anyway," Parrish recalled. "Everybody left and I got my bag and got ready to leave, and he said the office hadn't said anything to him, he just didn't want that many kids in his room. It just ended up being he and I chilling in there. I would go there after school.”

"As a parent, it's terrifying because he could've started grooming with her," said Parrish's mother, Ronni Edwards.

He was grooming her. He apparently was not successful, but that is exactly what Cummins was doing.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/34977042/...udent-discusses-close-friendship-with-teacher

This is a video of the former FBI, CIA, and master spy, more commonly known as Tad Cummins, giving a lesson in CPR to a bunch of his high school students. Although his face is mainly out of view for most of the video, you can hear his voice and watch his mannerisms along with seeing how he dresses. At around the 3:00 mark, he bends down within camera view and gives a side profile of himself. For some reason, his shoes appear to fit his feet oddly, as if they're too long and oversized..........but that's just me........... I normally wear cowboy boots and Wrangler jeans, and know virtually nothing about trendy sports wear or how to look "cool".

ETA--- He's the one in the purple shirt with white stripes.

What's also interesting in the video is how hands on he is with the females while completely ignoring the boys.

BBM
What, teaching teens how to kiss? This monster is very unstable and I will not be surprised if he tries to talk her into doing the unthinkable with him and his guns. I cannot even type it here.

He actually DID have a teaching license issued by the TN Dept of Ed. I posted his license # and a link on post #281 of thread 2.

As someone in the field of education, I have tried to clarify that a teaching certificate is separate from coursework done for a degree in a subject specific area. Most states require like 20 classes of education-related college coursework, passing standardized teaching tests, and student teaching. However there are alternative paths to licensure for some positions, like those considered votech (I explained this more previously in this thread). While I can't say which path he took to licensure, I can say he was able to meet the criteria through the Dept of Ed to qualify for a license. He wasn't just promoted off the street, he had the license.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes, he was hired as a Health Sciences teacher but it appears that now he is teaching a Forensics class.

What are the qualifications of a teacher in Forensics and/or is he qualified to teach Forensics?

Maybe once you get in, you're able to transfer around if there is an unfilled opening?

jmo

EDITED TO ADD: I see in a post above that he did have a teaching cert.

I'm hoping all it takes for them to come out of hiding, is her starting her monthly. I could imagine him not being able to handle that at his age. And I imagine, from the looks of her IG page, she would be very emotional and possibly... how can I say this respectfully, um easily irritable I guess? I know it's a long shot but here's hoping for something like that to drive them out of hiding. I mean I love camping but not when I'm on my monthly, just saying.

My fear is that that WON'T happen, because she may be pregnant.....which may help explain the runaway "wife" thing.JMO

Maybe once you get in, you're able to transfer around if there is an unfilled opening?

jmo

EDITED TO ADD: I see in a post above that he did have a teaching cert.

Because Forensics is an elective (not required class), there are usually not stringent requirements for who can teach it. The school would be able to assign someone from a science or health related field to do so. In one school I worked in, a science teacher offered this class.

Yes, things were inappropriate. I worked in education for many years and your teacher should be your teacher, not your "close friend."

He was grooming her. He apparently was not successful, but that is exactly what Cummins was doing.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/34977042/...udent-discusses-close-friendship-with-teacher

Exactly. He was indeed grooming her, and she didn't recognize it because it felt good. Not all predators are mean and scary. Some lure their victims by being attentive and appearing to be a friend, but they are in fact manipulating the relationship to their own benefit and pleasure.

jmo

This voice, *shudders*, it's going to be in my nightmares. I knew I shouldn't have turned the sound on...

I wish they would release a video like this in the Abby and Libby double homicide...........if they did, they'd have the guy in cuffs and sitting in a cell before dinner tonight. Matter of fact, if they're ever going to catch him, they will almost have to release more than they already have. It simply wasn't enough to I.D. him.

I'm hoping all it takes for them to come out of hiding, is her starting her monthly. I could imagine him not being able to handle that at his age. And I imagine, from the looks of her IG page, she would be very emotional and possibly... how can I say this respectfully, um easily irritable I guess? I know it's a long shot but here's hoping for something like that to drive them out of hiding. I mean I love camping but not when I'm on my monthly, just saying.

I had thought some time back that she will need feminine hygiene products for that inevitability and that might drive them to come out and shop, if neither of them thought of that ahead of time. I am hoping that they'll be spotted on a shopping trip. I don't see them living off fish and squirrels. They'll come out and buy groceries sooner or later.

Yes he is qualified to teach Forensics. Forensics is under the umbrella of Health Sciences in the state of TN. In TN they have the Health Science field include Biotechnology Research, which includes Forensics. http://www.tennessee.gov/education/article/cte-cluster-health-science

He actually DID have a teaching license issued by the TN Dept of Ed. I posted his license # and a link on post #281 of thread 2.

As someone in the field of education, I have tried to clarify that a teaching certificate is separate from coursework done for a degree in a subject specific area. Most states require like 20 classes of education-related college coursework, passing standardized teaching tests, and student teaching. However there are alternative paths to licensure for some positions, like those considered votech (I explained this more previously in this thread). While I can't say which path he took to licensure, I can say he was able to meet the criteria through the Dept of Ed to qualify for a license. He wasn't just promoted off the street, he had the license.

Exactly. All states have alternative methods to licensure. The state of TN has the traditional route of the four year degree, student teaching and recommendation by the prospective teacher's accredited school. Then they have the alternative route, which for some fields only requires a high school diploma. For the Health Science field, which includes Forensics, the alternative route is to have an Assoc. Degree and work for one year and be enrolled in a teaching preparation program.

I was always under the impression that a "teacher" needed AT LEAST a BS degree, not an AAS.

Maybe that's the way they do things in Tennessee.

wishing they would release details of what HE took with him. after interviewing JC and searching the house, they must've come up with at least a shred of evidence as to what direction to take...by direction i mean, did he take a pup tent from the garage? hiking boots? a suit & tie? a blanket or beach towel? something that would indicate perhaps a destination?

they have only revealed the handguns. that doesn't help anyone in figuring out where they intended to go.

wishing they would release details of what HE took with him. after interviewing JC and searching the house, they must've come up with at least a shred of evidence as to what direction to take...by direction i mean, did he take a pup tent from the garage? hiking boots? a suit & tie? a blanket or beach towel? something that would indicate perhaps a destination?

they have only revealed the handguns. that doesn't help anyone in figuring out where they intended to go.

I read that once the FBI gets involved, NO information is released to the public.

SC, need your take: how can we be sure, that this photograph was not taken by a student, with cell phone? Are students not allowed to take out a phone, while inside the school? Thanks in advance.
You can have and use phones in school while you have free time. It could be from a student.Most schools don't have the cell signal blocker in them like say Miami for Example IMO

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member