Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted a link to a transcript a few pages back.
In it, a lawyer explained ET's mom posted bond or bail in 2016 but also said there's going to be a trial. He did not give a trial date.

Adding a link -
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ounty-13-March-2017-3&p=13255609#post13255609

Wow. That link has so much detail I wasn't aware of. Ugh.

So is it now ok to blame the mother of the victim? While I agree that the allegations against her are bad - she has not been convicted of anything.

Oh I think it's okay:

"GALANOS: All right. So those allegations come from November of 2014 to November of 2015. You mentioned it, five counts, four misdemeanor counts

of child abuse and neglect, one felony count because one of the children was under 8 at the time.

But specifically, what are the allegations? What could have happened to Elizabeth here? Here are the allegations, Ashleigh, that she was told to

get naked in front of several people, that at the orders of her mother. Also, she was beaten by her mom until she was bleeding. Spring of 2015,

allegedly, her mom bangs her head into the washing machine. Another alleged incident, that Elizabeth was thrown down the basement stairs by

Mom, and locked down there.

Other allegations concerning the other children, also to undress. One of the children was knocked cold, allegedly, by a wooden board. And the

little one, under 8 at the time, accidentally injected herself with an Epipen, and then got a shot to the head for that, just some horrific

allegations there. Trial pending as Mom ended up bonding out in 2016." http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1703/22/ptab.01.html

Oh, I'm glad I saw this post.
I didn't mean to sound snarky. I was confused.
When I was reading back, I found a post that answered the questions about a bag that was apparently left behind by ET.

I didn't know why the poster linked to my post (but I wasn't mad, just confused) since I did not post about a missing bag or anything having to do with ET going willingly with TC or not.

Whoever the poster is (can't remember now but will recognize when I see handle again), sorry if I sounded snarky.
I'm a smart arse sometimes but rarely snarky (I think). Can be crabby tho - lol!

It was me! I edited my post. I didn't even realize I quoted you! Haha I was so confused why you asked me about the show. Then I went back and was catching up and realize what I did. Whoops!

Oh I think it's okay:

"GALANOS: All right. So those allegations come from November of 2014 to November of 2015. You mentioned it, five counts, four misdemeanor counts

of child abuse and neglect, one felony count because one of the children was under 8 at the time.

But specifically, what are the allegations? What could have happened to Elizabeth here? Here are the allegations, Ashleigh, that she was told to

get naked in front of several people, that at the orders of her mother. Also, she was beaten by her mom until she was bleeding. Spring of 2015,

allegedly, her mom bangs her head into the washing machine. Another alleged incident, that Elizabeth was thrown down the basement stairs by

Other allegations concerning the other children, also to undress. One of the children was knocked cold, allegedly, by a wooden board. And the

little one, under 8 at the time, accidentally injected herself with an Epipen, and then got a shot to the head for that, just some horrific

allegations there. Trial pending as Mom ended up bonding out in 2016." http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1703/22/ptab.01.html
I hope she goes to jail. Ugh [emoji35]

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

What city is the Shoney's in that the bag was found?

Allegations of abuse both sexual and physical are as common in domestic disputes, custody, divorce, etc as feathers in a hen house. And yes, the children do lie. I've got probably 700 lbs of transcripts of just that at one office alone.

These resulted in actual, criminal charges though. And I have seen nothing to indicate that there was a custody battle going on at the time of the charges. I do family law and this seems different from the typical types of false accusations I see in my practice. Multiple victims, giving statements. Plus, I've seen social media posts on public sites that indicate family members concur this was going on.

1st.. let's see the wording of the so called injunction.You won't see it as I'll wager one does not exist.
It would be unheard of for a court to enter an "injunction" in a manner such as alleged as well as a violation of the rights of the Defendant as well as the rules of court/ procedure. Normally in a criminal proceeding there would be a simple order of no contact with complaining party.

2nd. It would not be an injunction.. any order would be a temporary restraining order. or TRO. This is typically done ex parte'. Later, the Defendant appears with counsel at a set date and defends the TRO at which time the judge or chancellor decides to make it permanent by INJUNCTION or to dismiss it.Are the court files online in the state and county where filed? BTW The only person I heard her address by name was Tad Cummins.

Class dismissed
RULE 65.04: TEMPORARY INJUNCTION.

(1) Notice. No temporary injunction shall be issued without notice to the adverse party.
(2) When Authorized. A temporary injunction may be granted during the pendency of an action if it is clearly shown by verified complaint, affidavit or other evidence that the movant's rights are being or will be violated by an adverse party and the movant will suffer immediate and irreparable injury, loss or damage pending a final judgment in the action, or that the acts or omissions of the adverse party will tend to render such final judgment ineffectual.
(3) Officers Who May Grant, Modify or Dissolve. A temporary injunction may be granted, modified or dissolved on motion by a judge of the court in which the action is pending, or if this judge is disqualified, disabled or absent from the county, by a judge of a court having comparable jurisdiction.
(4) Issuance, Filing and Entry. Every temporary injunction shall be indorsed with the date and hour of issuance, shall be signed by the judge granting it and shall forthwith be filed in the clerk's office and entered.
(5) Binding Effect and Duration. A temporary injunction becomes effective and binding on the party enjoined when the order is entered. It shall remain in force until modified or dissolved on motion or until a permanent injunction is granted or denied.
(6) Findings of Fact and Conclusions of Law. In granting, denying or modifying a temporary injunction, the court shall set forth findings of fact and conclusions of law which constitute the grounds of its action as required by Rule 52.01.
(7) Consolidation of Hearing with Trial on Merits. Before or after the commencement of the hearing of an application for a preliminary injunction, the court may order the trial of the action on the merits to be advanced and consolidated with the hearing of the application. Even when this consolidation is not ordered, any evidence received upon an application for a preliminary injunction which would be admissible upon the trial on the merits becomes part of the record on the trial and need not be repeated upon the trial. This subdivision [65.04(7)] shall be so construed and applied as to save to the parties any rights they may have to trial by a jury. [As amended July 1, 1979.]

I'm assuming Bloodshoteye meant a restraining order of some sort against contact between that woman and her kids. No harm no foul. Most people don't have legal backgrounds here. But I think you're right that just discussing the case won't amount to a violation of any orders though.

She repulses me, however.

These resulted in actual, criminal charges though. And I have seen nothing to indicate that there was a custody battle going on at the time of the charges. I do family law and this seems different from the typical types of false accusations I see in my practice. Multiple victims, giving statements. Plus, I've seen social media posts on public sites that indicate family members concur this was going on.

Gitana - I see what you are saying about the charges and agree - whats she is being charged with is horrible. But I also know Websleuths is pretty adamant about not blaming any family publicly. I think its fine that 'everyone' knows whats going on with the abuse as the info is out there. But I also think this is one of those things that should be handled with care as she hasn't been found guilty of anything yet. I just think there is a fine line that needs to be tiptoed.

Again, this is just my thoughts.

She's in this romantic beauty and the beast fantasy stage. Like her post on IG. This is an overweight, gray beard, hair 50yr old beast who will be laying around belching, snoring and blowing air around her like he probably does at home. He's 50 he's not going to be like a Justin Bieber. This will get old to her real fast and she will wake up from this fantasy land nasty old beast and want to get the heck out of there.

She's in this romantic beauty and the beast fantasy stage. Like her post on IG. This is an overweight, gray beard, hair 50yr old beast who will be laying around belching, snoring and blowing air around her like he's probably does at home. He's 50 he's not going to be like a Justin Bieber. This will get old to her real fast and she will wake up from this fantasy land nasty old beast and want to get the heck out of there.
He is ridden with stress too. I wonder if he's the kind of guy with a short fuse, or if he makes facial expressions. How long before she is grossed out by this creepy nasty pig!

S. THOMAS: I felt like it was kind of weird because when they were in the classroom together, he would pay her to be good. He would, like, give her*

20 bucks. And you know, every -- in a few days, he would look at it and say, you know -- he would want her to sit next to him, and you know, if she*

was good for a few days, she would get $20. And I thought that was weird. And he would always claim that he seen her as a kid. And I`m, like, I*

don`t think that if you seen her as a kid, you would pay her to be good.

( )
How did this school not notice all these things?

Thanks. It has been rough.

I'm not sure how using the technically correct term on a post or two on websleuths throws off the search. People know what is meant by "pedophile". Every news article or missing person alert and the Amber Alert give an image of her and her correct age. I feel the criticism was kind of unnecessarily scolding.

I will demonize the bad guys because they ARE demons. They are monsters. Normal human beings, no matter what they look like, do not act this way.

And yeah, the dude would not be hideous looking if he wasn't a predator. Not to most people. not to middle aged women. But it is not normal for a teen girl who has the ability to date young, cute teens, to be into an old man. And I'm sorry, but I don't care what they look like or how old they are, Alcala, Bundy, etc. -they all look creepy and repulsive to me. Why? Because they lack something in their psyches or souls, or whatever you want to call it, that makes them the same as other people.

These are bad human beings. Not right. And very creepy. They are "otherized" because they are the other. It's why perceptive people often get their hackles raised around these creeps, before they even know who they are: http://jezebel.com/5909162/creeps-actually-give-us-the-chills

I wondered if that's what you were thinking. Makes a lot of sense. Her background indeed makes her more of a target and more vulnerable to exploitation. Poor baby.

Amen sister!!! I always look forward to what you have to say.

Oh I think it's okay:

add that TC paid ET $20 bills for "being good". wow.

S. THOMAS: I felt like it was kind of weird because when they were in the classroom together, he would pay her to be good. He would, like, give her*

20 bucks. And you know, every -- in a few days, he would look at it and say, you know -- he would want her to sit next to him, and you know, if she*

was good for a few days, she would get $20. And I thought that was weird. And he would always claim that he seen her as a kid. And I`m, like, I*

don`t think that if you seen her as a kid, you would pay her to be good.

( )
How did this school not notice all these things?

What the heck...I don't know even know what to say about that. That is just so far beyond anything that should happen in a school. Paying someone to be good?? Ugh. Unreal.

Gitana - I see what you are saying about the charges and agree - whats she is being charged with is horrible. But I also know Websleuths is pretty adamant about not blaming any family publicly. I think its fine that 'everyone' knows whats going on with the abuse as the info is out there. But I also think this is one of those things that should be handled with care as she hasn't been found guilty of anything yet. I just think there is a fine line that needs to be tiptoed.

Again, this is just my thoughts.
She chose not to deny it though. In her interview she states she's not guilty of banging her head into the washing machine IMO I would not ignore it she also saw ET and TC at Christmas together and told no one. Not even the police so she's failed her again

What the heck...I don't know even know what to say about that. That is just so far beyond anything that should happen in a school. Paying someone to be good?? Ugh. Unreal.
Its all so weird. I understand hindsight is 20/20 but he was doing any number of things for years. And I grew up in rural TN you best bet the students were gossiping among themselves probably even the parents IMO

I heard them state that they would not charge him to the full extent of the law if he released her unharmed.

Aside from that, here is what he can be charged with:

1. Harboring a runaway - a misdemeanor, in TN. Tennessee Code Annotated § 39-15-0414. Up to 11 months in jail.
http://search.mleesmith.com/tca/39-15-0400.html
2. Aggravated sexual exploitation of a minor - a class B felony in TN. Tennessee Code Annotated § 39-17-1005. 8-30 years in prison.
https://www.tn.gov/assets/entities/...xual Offenses and Violent Sexual Offenses.pdf
3. Aggravated kidnapping - a class B felony in TN. Tennessee Code Annotated § 39-13-304. 8-30 years in prison. I think this applies ( i could be wrong) because he physically removed the child from her home by fraud (if it can be shown that he convinced her they could get married, for example), with the intent to commit sexual assault on her. http://www.helpingclients.com/Criminal-Defense/State-Crimes/Kidnapping-False-Imprisonment.shtml
4. Kidnapping - federal charge.18 U.S. Code section 1201. 20 years to life sentence. This occurs if someone "unlawfully seizes, confines, inveigles, decoys, kidnaps, abducts, or carries away and holds for ransom or reward or otherwise any person, except in the case of a minor by the parent thereof, when—(1)the person is willfully transported in interstate or foreign commerce, regardless of whether the person was alive when transported across a State boundary, or the offender travels in interstate or foreign commerce or uses the mail or any means, facility, or instrumentality of interstate or foreign commerce in committing or in furtherance of the commission of the offense".Inveigles means persuades, so if he persuades a minor to cross state lines, he can be charged federally for kidnapping.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1201
5. Transportation of a minor - 18 U.S. Code section 2423 - Up to 30 years or 10 years to life.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2423
6. Coercion and enticement - 18 U.S. Code section 2422 - up to 20 years.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2422

I get what you mean but I just don't think the term "in this together" is appropriate when we are talking about a child and an adult. She lacks the capacity to be in this, really, because she is being coerced by an adult who is older and has more experience and knowledge.

The bottom line is the authorities know, and the public should by now, that she may appear to be compliant or actually assist him in concealing this crime and remaining hidden, whether she feels like staying with him at this point, or whether she doesn't. Even kids who are being held totally against their will can obey and follow instructions of their captor.

My brain is fried trying to read all this much less trying to interpret it gah. In your opinion ... what do you think he's looking at if he gets minimum sentencing? Mid/Max sentencing? Would he be eligible to cut some kind of deal?

I'm assuming Bloodshoteye meant a restraining order of some sort against contact between that woman and her kids. No harm no foul. Most people don't have legal backgrounds here. But I think you're right that just discussing the case won't amount to a violation of any orders though.

She repulses me, however.

That was on my shoulders. I originally used the term injunction. According to SIL there is a restraining order restricting third party contact. While it might ride the fine line, I felt it was poor form for the news station to air the interview. It allowed the mother access to her children. Just really poor form and I again got buggered. :)

Its all so weird. I understand hindsight is 20/20 but he was doing any number of things for years. And I grew up in rural TN you best bet the students were gossiping among themselves probably even the parents IMO

He thought he was some hottie with all those young girls hanging around him. It built up his ego. We had a science teacher who was cool like that in my HS when young. We used to hang around in his class on breaks and in between class guys hung around him too. As far as I know he never did anything like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay