Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: suicide pact. Although I don't put anything past TC and we can't rule this out as a possibility, I think the probability is low. If a suicide pact was the goal, then why wouldn't it be accomplished in Columbia and why all the trip planning and marriage search info?

That being said, suicide or a murder-suicide is what TC may have in mind if they are ever surrounded which is why I agree with what was already stated by others previously - the second best way for this to end is catching TC unawares (the first being of course, that he turns himself in and returns ET unharmed). A drawn-out hostage type scenario should be avoided at all costs.

He was only suspended. And the school didn't suspend him until after the kissing incident 'investigation' was over with. The two were told to stay away from one another. He was suspended after ET was caught in his classroom. He was terminated by the school system the day after they disappeared. Wife is on the schoolboard.

All true, except wife is not on the school board. She is an administrative assistant for the school district.

For those that believe she was taken by force and not a willing participant- why did she bring bags to shoneys then? If she hadn't planned on leaving, why bring bags?

Fwiw- she's still a victim regardless if she went willingly or not. It changes nothing really because she's 15.

I've been wondering if maybe she did plan to run away with him, hence the IG posts and all, but then day of maybe she had second thoughts so she told the sibling to call the cops, then she goes to break it off with him and he either takes her anyway or convinces her to come along. Fits what I think we know at this point.

I'm twice her age, so it's been a long time since I was a teenage girl, but I do remember some of the emotional ups and downs. I think ET was very vulnerable, and at first she probably was very flattered when TC started paying so much attention to her. He was saying all the things she needed to hear. As time went on, she probably started feeling that there was something off about the whole thing, but he was in control by then and he wasn't going to let her go. He's been filling her head with lies since the beginning, and I don't think she realized that she was a victim.

All true, except wife is not on the school board. She is an administrative assistant for the school district.

After reading the recent comments about her being a victim it occurred to me the special treatment might not have been her willingly protecting him. Perhaps he was manipulating her as well and she was afraid of what he would do if she didn't help him. Or she might have fallen for his lies.

I tend to think they had time to refill their gas before anyone even noticed they were missing, but I acknowledge--absent of any information--the theory that they're closer to home is as valid as any. I added it to the list.

From my former post: While, yes, theoretically they could be "anywhere," it would be human nature to go somewhere where Tad had been previously and understood the lay of the land.

So far, people have offered these connections, but I bet we can discover more:

The immediate radius surrounding Columbia, based on how far they could get on one tank of gas without refilling.
See pic from another sleuther:
5977abd80b243cdfdc7af1f9759a0cbe.jpg

Mexico or Central America - He's done previous medical volunteer work in Panama and has ties to churches who have done trips to other CA countries (we don't yet know if Tad went on any of his churches' mission trips).

New Orleans - site of Tad's volunteer work in helping Hurricane Katrina victims

Knoxville - Relief areas post fire

Orange Beach, FL - apparent site of Tad's previous travels

Canada - A lesser # of people have suggested they went for the Canadian border

Remote NC - Some have suggested he may have went north from Decatur

As you're reading, would you let me know if you run across any info about Tad or Elizabeth's previous travels? Where did they go on family vacations? On school trips? On church trips? Where do they mention they have family? Where did Tad travel during his childhood? Where did they hunt or know someone with a cabin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I posted his ba k in the first thread. I really felt like it was a really possibility, but unfortunately he could be anywhere.[emoji31]

If I was TC I would run for the hills.... literally. I know everyone is speculating them to head towards the coast or to try and get out of the country, but the mountains would be a perfect place to hide. From SM it certainly gives the appearance of wanting to be somewhere tropical, but that very well could be to throw everyone off. I lived in the foothills of MO for awhile and it was as close to living off the grid as I would ever wanna be. There are so many small, abandoned places and back roads up in northern AR and southern MO. Also, people are friendly, but mind their own business, so if appearances were changed it very well could go unrecognized. I think as close as this is to where they lived it would definitely be in ET's best interest to at least run a small segment on local news stations up there.

Sent from my CT9223W97 using Tapatalk

I've been wondering if maybe she did plan to run away with him, hence the IG posts and all, but then day of maybe she had second thoughts so she told the sibling to call the cops, then she goes to break it off with him and he either takes her anyway or convinces her to come along. Fits what I think we know at this point.

Here's the thing that doesn't fit. She had told her coworker to tell him she wasn't there and hid in a bathroom when he attempted to visit her at work. Most likely she was beginning to make friends at her school (she had only started there this fall, her first time ever in public school). She was beginning to get her bedroom set up, buying a comforter, settling in at her new home with her father. And she left her bag behind at Shoney's, perhaps purposely. I worry that he'd become increasingly desperate. lost his job, his family was going to find out, he knew he might be facing charges, he'd never work again with those lovely girls he liked so much, he took what cash he could get, grabbed his vehicle and then took off taking his obsession with him, putting her in a position where she can't avoid him. He was losing everything else, but he wasn't going to lose the one thing that mattered, the one thing he was willing to risk everything else for and this time he'd gone too far to hide, this time he got caught. The worry I have is that it's harder to travel with her than without. He may have started out, realized she left the bag behind, went back and got it and has left her somewhere along the way to Decatur. There have been no sightings of her, just of him. That really frightens me. He's not coming back and she's a child who would quickly tire of living in a tent. I think if her community doesn't start to realize this situation and how much danger this child is in and start helping, they'll be regretting their actions later. If it isn't already too late.

After reading the recent comments about her being a victim it occurred to me the special treatment might not have been her willingly protecting him. Perhaps he was manipulating her as well and she was afraid of what he would do if she didn't help him. Or she might have fallen for his lies.

I think that TC had his wife convinced that he was the victim, that he was only trying to help ET and that the school was taking it the wrong way and making it out to be something that it wasn't. I'm sure he told her it was all a mistake and he would get it worked out and soon be back in the classroom.

We've spent several days debating over whether the school was negligent or not...whether Tad was always a predator or did he always push the limits and finally break and go too far...also whether he would kill her or not.

I start to feel like we are going in circles, underlining the problem without getting at a solution. Anyone else feel a little that way? My heart just keeps coming back to the fact there's a vulnerable teenaged girl missing that needs to be found, regardless of who is to blame or what kind of behavior/sickness we attribute to TC.

Does anyone else have any ideas for what other data/information we could look for that could help lead to clues to their destination? Obviously their social media profiles...

I am trying to focus on evidence that links them to specific destinations, but I'd be willing to try to dig up additional information about other leads if anyone has any ideas? Just asking.

For those that believe she was taken by force and not a willing participant- why did she bring bags to shoneys then? If she hadn't planned on leaving, why bring bags?

Fwiw- she's still a victim regardless if she went willingly or not. It changes nothing really because she's 15.

She may have planned a sleepover at a friends, for all we know. Or she may have had to work that day so she brought a change of clothes. Teen girls often have extra clothes in their bags, especially if it's "that time of the month". The fact that LE stated she may be wearing the same clothes she left in leads me to believe she didn't have much clothing in that bag.

Here's the thing that doesn't fit. She had told her coworker to tell him she wasn't there and hid in a bathroom when he attempted to visit her at work. Most likely she was beginning to make friends at her school (she had only started there this fall, her first time ever in public school). She was beginning to get her bedroom set up, buying a comforter, settling in at her new home with her father. And she left her bag behind at Shoney's, perhaps purposely. I worry that he'd become increasingly desperate. lost his job, his family was going to find out, he knew he might be facing charges, he'd never work again with those lovely girls he liked so much, he took what cash he could get, grabbed his vehicle and then took off taking his obsession with him, putting her in a position where she can't avoid him. He was losing everything else, but he wasn't going to lose the one thing that mattered, the one thing he was willing to risk everything else for and this time he'd gone too far to hide, this time he got caught. The worry I have is that it's harder to travel with her than without. He may have started out, realized she left the bag behind, went back and got it and has left her somewhere along the way to Decatur. There have been no sightings of her, just of him. That really frightens me. He's not coming back and she's a child who would quickly tire of living in a tent. I think if her community doesn't start to realize this situation and how much danger this child is in and start helping, they'll be regretting their actions later. If it isn't already too late.

Good post my fear is he might get so desperate and crazy he starts blaming her for all this and he has those darn guns with him.

Time line from Maury County School District
Below is the list of events, all confirmed by school officials:

Jan. 24: School officials say they were first notified by another student that Cummins and Thomas were kissing in the classroom. Both of them denied the accusation. Cummins allegedly told students he's a father figure to Thomas and that they had both suffered from an abusive home life.
Jan. 25: The next day, an investigation begins within the school system.
Jan. 26-30: School officials interview students, staff and administrators about the kissing incident.
Jan. 27: Thomas is removed from Cummins' class.
Jan. 31: Maury County Schools learns Cummins is under criminal investigation. They turn over all information they have on him to police.
Feb. 3: Maury County school officials receive a tip that Cummins and Elizabeth were back in the classroom together even after he was told to stay away.
Feb. 6: Cummins is suspended from teaching at Culleoka Unit School.
March 13: Both Thomas and Cummins disappear. Cummins is fired by the school district.
March 14: Termination documents are finalized by the school district.

This new timeline contradicts*school officials' original response*when they said they suspended Cummins when they found out about the allegations.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

expanded timeline:

Mon. Jan. 23, 2017 Cummins and Thomas were caught kissing

Tues., Jan. 24, 2017: Culleoka Unit School administration was notified by a student concerning an allegation of contact witnessed between Cummins and a student. The complaint stated, “It wasn’t like a make out kiss, just a peck on the lips.” Culleoka Unit School Administration gathered all information that day from the student who was said to have witnessed the alleged inappropriate contact.

Wed., Jan. 25, 2017: MCPS Chief of Staff, Dr. Amanda Hargrove, was contacted by Culleoka Unit School administration, and Dr. Hargrove immediately began an investigation.

Thurs., Jan. 26 – Mon., Jan. 30, 2017: As per Board policy 5.500 and 6.305, Dr. Hargrove and staff investigated the allegations by interviewing all pertinent parties, including students, staff and administration.

Fri., Jan. 27, 2017: The student named in the alleged concern was removed from Cummins’ class and schedule by Culleoka Unit School Administration.

Tues., Jan. 31, 2017: MCPS administration was notified by law enforcement that Cummins was the subject of a criminal investigation. MCPS turned over all known information and documentation to law enforcement about the recent allegations against Cummins at Culleoka Unit School, which were still under investigation by MCPS.

Tues. Jan. 31, 2017 Thomas' father was just now informed about the investigation and that the school found nothing to substantiate the claim.

Fri., Feb. 3, 2017: Late Friday afternoon, MCPS received an allegation that Cummins had been in contact with the same student, despite explicit directives from his supervisor not to interact.

Thomas was given in-school suspension for showing up in his classroom.

Mon., Feb. 6, 2017: At 8 a.m., Dr. Hargrove met with Cummins and suspended him from his duties at Culleoka Unit School.

March 13 - both Cummins and Thomas disappear together.

March 14 - Cummins’ final termination from MCPS was prompted by his allegedly fleeing the area on March 13, reported to MCPS by law enforcement. A termination document was finalized by MCPS.

We've spent several days debating over whether the school was negligent or not...whether Tad was always a predator or did he always push the limits and finally break and go too far...also whether he would kill her or not.

I start to feel like we are going in circles, underlining the problem without getting at a solution. Anyone else feel a little that way? My heart just keeps coming back to the fact there's a vulnerable teenaged girl missing that needs to be found, regardless of who is to blame or what kind of behavior/sickness we attribute to TC.

Does anyone else have any ideas for what other data/information we could look for that could help lead to clues to their destination? Obviously their social media profiles...

I am trying to focus on evidence that links them to specific destinations, but I'd be willing to try to dig up additional information about other leads if anyone has any ideas? Just asking.

My posts today have been a roundabout way of suggesting that she's probably between Decatur, AL and Columbia, TN. I don't think she's with him any longer. If she is, they're in Decatur area somewhere.

His wife is the other victim, and I totally agree, he was playing the role of concerned teacher. And who thinks her husband is going to lose his mind over a 15-year-old? She must be going through it right now. I hope she is being comforted by friends and family daily.

Couldn't agree more! His adult children and grandchildren are victims as well. So so sad.

My posts today have been a roundabout way of suggesting that she's probably between Decatur, AL and Columbia, TN. I don't think she's with him any longer. If she is, they're in Decatur area somewhere.

I think they're still in that area as well. I know we can't sleuth family members or friends, but maybe LE has been able to determine if any of TC's relatives or people he knew from church own or rent out any property around there that might be somewhat isolated. I don't think he just got her in the car and started driving. He knew ahead of time where they were going to end up, and he may have even stocked the place with food and necessities ahead of time.

The 4 days before LE contacted them they did nothing? Sounds like the 12 yr old who reported it and ET were the only ones punished. Unbelievable[emoji36]

If she's not with him who would she be with?

Hey Bess, can you do a zoom in on the Decatur area? Maybe we can sift through and pinpoint some parking garages? Also, I had been looking at some abandoned homes in the area. There's a number of homes in that area that are abandoned but still very structurally sound. I remember staying in an abandoned home in that area many years ago with boy for a couple of days when I was a teen.

expanded timeline:

Mon. Jan. 23, 2017 Cummins and Thomas were caught kissing

Tues., Jan. 24, 2017: Culleoka Unit School administration was notified by a student concerning an allegation of contact witnessed between Cummins and a student. The complaint stated, “It wasn’t like a make out kiss, just a peck on the lips.” Culleoka Unit School Administration gathered all information that day from the student who was said to have witnessed the alleged inappropriate contact.

Wed., Jan. 25, 2017: MCPS Chief of Staff, Dr. Amanda Hargrove, was contacted by Culleoka Unit School administration, and Dr. Hargrove immediately began an investigation.

Thurs., Jan. 26 – Mon., Jan. 30, 2017: As per Board policy 5.500 and 6.305, Dr. Hargrove and staff investigated the allegations by interviewing all pertinent parties, including students, staff and administration.

Fri., Jan. 27, 2017: The student named in the alleged concern was removed from Cummins’ class and schedule by Culleoka Unit School Administration.

Tues., Jan. 31, 2017: MCPS administration was notified by law enforcement that Cummins was the subject of a criminal investigation. MCPS turned over all known information and documentation to law enforcement about the recent allegations against Cummins at Culleoka Unit School, which were still under investigation by MCPS.

Tues. Jan. 31, 2017 Thomas' father was just now informed about the investigation and that the school found nothing to substantiate the claim.

Fri., Feb. 3, 2017: Late Friday afternoon, MCPS received an allegation that Cummins had been in contact with the same student, despite explicit directives from his supervisor not to interact.

Thomas was given in-school suspension for showing up in his classroom.

Mon., Feb. 6, 2017: At 8 a.m., Dr. Hargrove met with Cummins and suspended him from his duties at Culleoka Unit School.

March 13 - both Cummins and Thomas disappear together.

March 14 - Cummins’ final termination from MCPS was prompted by his allegedly fleeing the area on March 13, reported to MCPS by law enforcement. A termination document was finalized by MCPS.
I'm still unclear of who notified the MCSO if the school counselor d the kissing allegations were unfounded? Did I miss that somewhere?

Sent from my CT9223W97 using Tapatalk

If she's not with him who would she be with?

I'm increasingly worried a desperate man with an unhealthy obsession and a gun is travelling alone because it's faster and easier, especially if she was pulling away and avoiding him. In other words, he may have either left her in a remote area to find her own way back and she needs to be found quickly or he killed her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamagoldman