Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't think this situation is about shared interests, etc., like many relationships are. This is a minor being manipulated by someone who is an authority figure in her life.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

But now he has Her he has to find some common ground to stave off the cabin fever

This might sound brash but if Elizabeth had already started her period....what 15 year old wants to walk around dripping blood?? Did he stock up on those supplies too? I feel she's gonna make a break for it and he's not going to let her leave.
I feel like as a (poor excuse for) husband and father, he likely prepared for that.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

But now he has Her he has to find some common ground to stave off the cabin fever

I just really hope that he does have himself convinced he's in love with her and is still trying to "protect" her...it doesn't make what he's done any less reprehensible, but I would hate to think that now that he's got her he's gone completely psychotic and is yelling at her or hitting her if she isn't reacting in the way he wants her to.

OK the abuse charges against ET's mother are from a year ago, still pending as has not gone to court yet.
So she is no longer in the house with her mother, she is in home with father as head of household
I still don't know if mom & dad were together when charges against her were filed.
Then she is moved into public school for the first time
TC starts paying attention to her.
She is sleeping on the couch at her home
She ends up getting a new bed.
She gets a job.
These are a lot of changes in a 14 or 15 year old girls life. I hope she can get away to a phone and call home and come home safe.
I think TC is a sick sick man, who was in a position to help shape a lot of young lives, and blew it
Many campgrounds for Corp of Engineers or Forestry Service are free or have a little drop box with envelopes to put your money and info in, drop it in the box. No person to check you in

Here's the info on the case if interested. I followed the whole trial on court tv. It was heartbreaking. Family man and a grandfather. They found child *advertiser censored* on his PC. I wonder if that's what LE found on TC's PC that the family couldn't post because it would enrage him and not safe for ET

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Danielle_van_Dam

It was absolutely heart breaking!!! (Then again, most murder cases are, especially those involving children).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last time I ask this because it's bugging me so much. Why would he bring two guns?

My guesses:

1. Because he had them. They don't take up much room.

2. Maybe each one takes different ammo and didn't want to risk running out of bullets and need to go buy more.

3. Didn't want to take the chance than one gun might jam or break.

My guesses:

1. Because he had them. They don't take up much room.

2. Maybe each one takes different ammo and didn't want to risk running out of bullets and need to go buy more.

3. Didn't want to take the chance than one gun might jam or break.

4. One is for her.

Panama City Beach - could be.
What about New Smyrna?
Less populated. Off the grid sorta?
MOO
New Smyrna Beach residents and visitors may enjoy nine parks on the city’s ‘island.’ Whether you’re looking for a river view, an ocean view or a park that offers both, you can find it on the beachside. There’s even a park where dogs are as popular as their human counterparts.
*http://www.cityofnsb.com/766/Beachside-Parks

A couple thoughts -

Bag left behind at restaurant could have been stolen, rather than her returning for it.

With a change of hair and some makeup, could she pass for 18? If she's with him willingly and could pass for 18, he could send her into stores, etc, because nobody is looking for an 18 year old who appears to be by herself.

If he made preparations ahead of time, might he have gotten his hands on fake ids for the both of them? Especially if she appeared older, that would make travel much easier.

At 15 I assume she couldn't get a driver's license - but she might know how to drive/he may be teaching her.

If his vehicle is relatively common, stealing a set of plates from whatever state they're in and putting them on his SUV would seem like a smart move - preferably plates off of a vehicle that's not running or is parked in some sort of long term storage where the owner wouldn't notice the missing plates.

Oh gosh, one more thing about Decatur I don't think anyone has mentioned (sorry if you did and I missed it). Decatur sits right on the Tennessee River. There is a marina with lots of boats. I know there are nearby areas on the river that are secluded because a few years ago a UAH professor killed his wife and dumped her in the river in Decatur. I am sure LE is investigating those areas, but this is another possible place they are hiding.

Oh gosh, one more thing about Decatur I don't think anyone has mentioned (sorry if you did and I missed it). Decatur sits right on the Tennessee River. There is a marina with lots of boats. I know there are nearby areas on the river that are secluded because a few years ago a UAH professor killed his wife and dumped her in the river in Decatur. I am sure LE is investigating those areas, but this is another possible place they are hiding.

I know someone earlier said that they could easily hide on a boat that had been winterized...we used to have our boat pulled out the water in October to be winterized and we wouldn't go anywhere near it again until late April or May. Our boat wasn't huge but could sleep six...if they found something that they, they could be living in relative comfort right now. I hope LE hit up some marinas and storage places.

There's a couple of things to keep in mind about spring break destinations and the potential for them to hide amongst the masses of drunk teenagers and young adults - because it would be a good place to hide in plain sight if they could pull it off. However, the first problem is TC obviously has limited cash and even the grungiest of dive motels/hotels won't be cheap during spring break. The second big problem with spring break destinations is it's nearly impossible to find a vacant room at the last minute on any southern beach during spring break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me trying to hide in a not populated area would be risky my grandpa lived in a town like that and new people stuck out like a sore thumb because everyone knows everyone if I wanted to hide the best place is in plain sight with lots of people because think about it on a daily bases how many faces do you remember you have seen can u rembering the face of a person walking by you with a jug of milk or the guy on the next pump pumping gas in a small town you would because you see them all the time so someone new would stand out

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

This is a 50 year old guy who thought running away from his own life with a 15 year old was a good solution to having been caught kissing her and losing his job. And he took only $4,500 with him? They will run out of money - fast. Then what? Panhandling?

Great plan.

She is 15. Her brain is that of a 15 year old and not even fully developed yet.

When he pimps her out to keep them in money, she will get sick of it all and leave, if he doesn't kill her and if she is still alive. Does she have anywhere to run back too?

All this 'love' couldn't wait until she was of age? What, he just couldn't to the honorable thing by divorcing his wife and preparing for a life in a couple of years with his 'love'?

He knows by the time she is 17-18, she isn't going to be interested in his old, beat up, broke, criminal AZZ or so easily manipulated.

BBM He's got to be in TN. Think about it, he's driving a car with TN license plates. If he's outside the state, in FL for example, he'd stick out more in his typical vehicle. Easier to hide out in the vehicle in TN than in another state, unless he's changed the plates. So he goes to Decatur, pings the cell tower, drops the phone and goes back to TN. That's when they pick up her dropped bag and head to the woods. KISS (keep it simple stupid).
Not true an out of state plate here would not stand out we have so many snow birds right now and it is spring break some days it seams like there are more out of state tags than there are FL tags

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

BTW, Mary Catherine - you have committed no crime. You can run to any police officer, you can write a note to a cashier, you can leave a note in the ladies' room. You can ask the cashier at the convenience store to lock the doors and call the police. You can save yourself and must.

This guy is a creep of the worst kind. Get away from him before he goes completely postal. You aren't safe with him. Look what he did to his wife and he made a commitment to her before his friends and God! You think he is going to 'do right' by you? Never. He has already proven that he doesn't give a dang about your well-being. If he did, he would never take you on the run. It isn't romantic, it is insanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela