Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is weird but when I was in high school in the late 90s, I had a physics teacher who told us he was former CIA (or FBI, some government thing, super secret). I wasn't particularly naive and certainly not dumb (honors physics yo!), but I believed him. I'm sure it was crap and looking back I have no idea why he'd say that to us, there was no funny business going on. Maybe he was former government and decided to randomly teach honors physics to high schoolers :) Who knows why people say the things they say, but kids will believe even crazy things sometimes!

Or he said it to impress the girls in class.

Years ago, someone (a mom to a pre-teen girl) told me she believed that all schools including public should be single-gender, and that only teachers of that particular gender be allowed to teach in those schools (Ex., female teachers only at girls schools, male teachers only at boys schools).

I have NO idea if she was that naive since that sort of "solution" would never solve any teacher-students relationships.

IMO it is better for want-to-be teachers to be completely and fully screened, multiple background checks if necessary, to weed out the weirdos who stop at nothing to gain access to children or try to emotionally manipulate children.

Welcome, Kat. :grouphug:
I pray for your sister every day and hope that this is the day that she comes home.

This ^ is the thing I wanted to know about your sister. At her age, I would definitely not been OK with an extended camping trip with limited facilities. I feel that she is somewhere more comfortable - in a cabin at the very least.

I googled Alabama cabins (based on the Decatur, AL phone ping) and the campground ones without bathrooms start at $30 per night. The cabins with their own bathrooms start at $50 per night.

That is assuming that he isn't holding her against her will now. It may have turned into her wanting to leave, and him not allowing it. :( also, what teenage girl has the will power to refrain from being on her phone?

If so, it would be VERY important to see Shoney phone record to see if they used a burner phone! JMO

So the Local police told us Shoney's put it outside because they didn't know what else to do about it. I'm asking them if we could pull phones records.

I've read through a number of pages and on Facebook. There phones are turned off, so they are not monitoring the internet, lots of post in the U.S. but not much south of the border. knowing TC and his planning (from what I've seen and read), he is already in Mexico on his way to some country without extradition to the U.S.. The car is gone, along with the license plates. they are probably traveling in a group bus. the only way they will be located is by someone on vacation from here, going there and spotting them. Make sure any friends going on vacation to Mexico and south know about them.

If so, it would be VERY important to see Shoney phone record to see if they used a burner phone! JMO

I wonder if it's possible that the phone ping is them calling Shoneys about the bag.

View attachment 113552

Aimed right at the front entrance. I found a view from January this year and it's still in the exact same spot. Maybe LE need to speak to the folks at Shoney's again?

Someone may want to contact Shoney's corporate offices. (Moderators have asked that no one contact Shoney's and to let the authorities handle it) It may not be a good business practice for them not appear as not cooperative in the investigation of a missing child.

I wonder if it's possible that the phone ping is them calling Shoneys about the bag.

Decatur is an hour away. It wouldn't be worth it at that point to come back for the bag. Both phones were on Decatur towers at 3:06pm. LE hasn't given us anymore infor except that those phones aren't likely in their possession anymore

Someone may want to contact Shoney's corporate offices. It may not be a good business practice for them not appear as not cooperative in the investigation of a missing child. Just sayin............

Or the local news needs to show up and start asking questions on camera. The public should know they aren't helping. There has to be some way to force their cooperation! :(

There is a instagram post for ET dated 2-21. She stated that she had just finished Spanish 1 with a 98. The picture in the post is of a couple and the guy is wearing a long shirt with writing at the bottom. Toward end of IG posts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

There is a instagram post for ET dated 2-21. She stated that she had just finished Spanish 1 with a 98. The picture in the post is of a couple and the guy is wearing a long shirt with writing at the bottom. Toward end of IG posts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Yes. My 18yr sister corrected me on this.

They sure do according to the street view. It's mounted just to the left of the entrance - plain as day. Now granted that image was taken in 2013 but what business these days DOESN'T have security cams?

What is the address of the Shoneys?

TIA

Decatur is an hour away. It wouldn't be worth it at that point to come back for the bag. Both phones were on Decatur towers at 3:06pm. LE hasn't given us anymore infor except that those phones aren't likely in their possession anymore

Thank you for your response. I had forgotten about the distance and the time the phones pinged.

I just want to say that your sister has really touched my heart. I work with abused children and minors. I know how vulnerable they are to the manipulation of predators. I'm so sorry your family is going though this. I pray all day, every day that this is the day she is found. You have the virtual love and support of everyone here.

Someone may want to contact Shoney's corporate offices. It may not be a good business practice for them not appear as not cooperative in the investigation of a missing child. Just sayin............

Absolutely!!! Just outrageous! Possibly, if no one actually saw them go back to pick up the bag.....maybe someone stole it or threw it away????........and is afraid now, that they have obstructed an investigation???? JMO

Bentleys mom I forgot to quote you sorry

I'm central got the alert that Monday at 6pm it was not AA the first alert i received

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

JMO

This is interesting and I think this could be the reason why there is some confusion about the dates and times when people first got notified. Some news reports may have been just notifications on Monday to be on the lookout and may have not been the actual amber alert.

What I think may have happened is when the wife first reported to the LE investigator about her husband being missing then she may have told LE some things that made them get concerned he left with the girl. This could have happened even before Elizabeth was officially reported as missing a little later that Monday.

Below is the TBI links which has some times and dates stated if they are accurate. The first link is the first one that has more info. The second link has all the amber alerts with hers included with dates of other updates.

Some quotes from the first link that I found important.

"Since issuing the AMBER Alert at approximately 6:00 CST Tuesday,"

"Thomas was last seen on Monday morning at approximately 8:00 AM at the Shoney’s in Columbia, Tennessee,"

"Her parents reported her as missing later in the day."

https://tbinewsroom.com/2017/03/15/amber-alert-update-1-elizabeth-thomas/

https://www.tn.gov/tbi/topic/active-amber-alerts

JMO

This is interesting and I think this could be the reason why there is some confusion about the dates and times when people first got notified. Some news reports may have been just notifications on Monday to be on the lookout and may have not been the actual amber alert.

What I think may have happened is when the wife first reported to the LE investigator about her husband being missing then she may have told LE some things that made them get concerned he left with the girl. This could have happened even before Elizabeth was officially reported as missing a little later that Monday.

Below is the TBI links which has some times and dates stated if they are accurate. The first link is the first one that has more info. The second link has all the amber alerts with hers included with dates of other updates.

Some quotes from the first link that I found important.

"Since issuing the AMBER Alert at approximately 6:00 CST Tuesday,"

"Thomas was last seen on Monday morning at approximately 8:00 AM at the Shoney’s in Columbia, Tennessee,"

"Her parents reported her as missing later in the day."

https://tbinewsroom.com/2017/03/15/amber-alert-update-1-elizabeth-thomas/

https://www.tn.gov/tbi/topic/active-amber-alerts

Yes. Thank you. The TBI info is correct. Media isn't

Even if she was fluent in Spanish, they'd still stuck out like a sore thumb in any residential​areas in Mexico.
Workers in the tourist areas usually speak English to accommodate their guests.
It would take a significant amount of money for them to stay in a tourist area for an extended time period. We don't know how much cash he had on him except for the 4500$.
If they tried to join any missionary groups, they'd still look very out of place. Imagine a 50 yr old man showing up on a mission with his 15 yr old traveling companion ( we don't know if she's posing as a daughter or granddaughter but it would still look very odd ) and nobody else on the mission would know them from church? They would instantly think "where did this guy come from?" It wouldn't add up. Imagine being on a mission and some guy that isn't from your church and nobody knows? It just wouldn't add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member