Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the discussion of "hunkering down" or "on the run", I hope they are "on the run".

Staying put has a defined end, waiting to be caught. One the run gives hope for another day.

After what Tad has thrown away, I hope he has hope for another day. If not, he will want to control how this ends.

If you think about the planning, it was a plan to escape to a "better" life.

Maybe I have fallen for the idea that he wants that fantasy life but instead he just wanted to end his life after days of sex with a minor.

I hope I am right that they are still on the run and that they both feel like they are living the dream life. That gives LE a much better chance of finding them alive.

The above is my opinion only.

Although I shouldn't be, I'm extremely surprise and appalled by how brainwashed it appears colleague's and people who are close to Tad are.

I'm​ trying to put myself in their position...Even if I knew someone who I thought to be a great person, went and KIDNAPPED someone, you better believe I would try to rack my brain for ANYTHING that could help bring that victim home.

Yet, people who are close to TD hasn't even bothered to share the missing persons photo.

Shameful.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

At the very least, don't the people close to him want HIM found? Don't they want to know why he left his family? Even if it was possible for a 15 year old child to "seduce" him and be the bad guy (which she obviously is not, but for the sake of argument from these nuts' POV), he still left with her.

But nothing surprises me. People believe things that aren't true ALL the time, they don't listen to facts or they deny facts and things that are right in front of their faces. It's easier to believe what you want to believe and ignore all evidence to the contrary than to admit you are wrong.

He could have still got a loan on the suv and still left the suv home?

True...I am thinking he took the suv because it offered more room for sleeping, hauling crap than the jeep. Also? We used to own a jeep with a soft top (not sure if his was a soft top or hard top). They are not really comfortable at all. They don't ride super well, and I would not want to be stuck in a bad storm in a jeep. The Nissan would be much more comfortable and safe.

At the very least, don't the people close to him want HIM found? Don't they want to know why he left his family?

For all we know, he might have communicated with them that he was ok. I am not convinced others did not know this was about to happen. (I am not implying his wife....I think she really was in the dark about it all).

True...I am thinking he took the suv because it offered more room for sleeping, hauling crap than the jeep. Also? We used to own a jeep with a soft top (not sure if his was a soft top or hard top). They are not really comfortable at all. They don't ride super well, and I would not want to be stuck in a bad storm in a jeep. The Nissan would be much more comfortable and safe.

I very much agree with you. I especially wouldn't want to be caught in a hail storm with a soft top jeep!

That Nissan rogue was the wrong choice if he was thinking about pulling a camper or trailer! It could be done but those Nissan rogues lack power( without googling it, I think he would have to have had the hitch installed. I don't think it comes standard on those models. I'll edit this post later if I'm wrong)

http://www.jackingramnissan.com/blog/much-nissan-rogue-able-tow/

I was correct that this model isn't going to tow very much at all. Even less then I expected

I know there was much discussion last night about Tad "supporters".

I don't think we really know what that means and, instead, have created many scenarios in our minds.

Whatever their level of "support" for Tad, I doubt many support his actions of this case.

Whether they do or not, they should not have their constitutional rights trampled on. As someone suggested last night, it is a good idea for LE to touch base with them and continue to ask questions.

I think there is a reasonable possibility, if this last very long, that one of those friends will get a surprise call from Tad indicating either that both are fine and, thus, he can justify his actions or that he has come to his senses but does not know what to do next.

I very much agree with you. I especially wouldn't want to be caught in a hail storm with a soft top jeep!

OT but I can tell you from last night in Columbia, even small hail on a Jeep soft top sounds like you are inside a drum during a rock concert.

That Nissan rogue was the wrong choice if he was thinking about pulling a camper or trailer! It could be done but those Nissan rogues lack power( without googling it, I think he would have to have had the hitch installed. I don't think it comes standard on those models. I'll edit this post later if I'm wrong)

http://www.jackingramnissan.com/blog/much-nissan-rogue-able-tow/

I was correct that this model isn't going to tow very much at all. Even less then I expected

My husband said that you can definitely install a hitch and carry a pop-up camper easily with any year Nissan Rogue.

Exactly. And if you are storing food in a vehicle in a remote location, you DO NOT want a soft top vehicle. 20 years ago, when Hubby and I first started camping, we made the mistake of storing our food in the back of a pickup truck with a camper shell. Seemed bear-proof to novice campers. Wrong. Went to sleep in our tent, woke up the next morning with the door to the camper shell ripped up and stuff scattered everywhere. That camper shell and door was metal. Imagine what bears would have done to a fabric roof. We learned REAL quick how to use a bear bag and cable to hang our food in trees.

I know there was much discussion last night about Tad "supporters".

I don't think we really know what that means and, instead, have created many scenarios in our minds.

Whatever their level of "support" for Tad, I doubt many support his actions of this case.

Whether they do or not, they should not have their constitutional rights trampled on. As someone suggested last night, it is a good idea for LE to touch base with them and continue to ask questions.

I think there is a reasonable possibility, if this last very long, that one of those friends will get a surprise call from Tad indicating either that both are fine and, thus, he can justify his actions or that he has come to his senses but does not know what to do next.

Agreed
I also think that people should not sleuth or bother with these "supporters "
I don't believe LE would break any laws like unlawful search and seizure like what was suggested here last night. I'm sure they know better.

Wow, still a very low reward amount?

The teachers and school administration should be ashamed.

My husband said that you can definitely install a hitch and carry a pop-up camper easily with any year Nissan Rogue.

I am not sure where they would have bought a camper without the seller coming forward by now.

Fwiw
I wasn't saying it can't be done. I was saying that it can't pull very much weight. I'm sure it can be done. I've seen a Honda Civic pull a camper. Anything is possible . But I don't think they'd be going cross country or anything in that situation.

Exactly. And if you are storing food in a vehicle in a remote location, you DO NOT want a soft top vehicle. 20 years ago, when Hubby and I first started camping, we made the mistake of storing our food in the back of a pickup truck with a camper shell. Seemed bear-proof to novice campers. Wrong. Went to sleep in our tent, woke up the next morning with the door to the camper shell ripped up and stuff scattered everywhere. That camper shell and door was metal. Imagine what bears would have done to a fabric roof. We learned REAL quick how to use a bear bag and cable to hang our food in trees.

If you are not in bear country, you need to watch out for raccoons. We camped in the Florida Keys and had to put all our food in the SUV, including the cooler! At night, those critters raid campsites and if you don't lock up your cooler (or put that in the vehicle too), they'll feast on raw eggs and anything else they can get their paws on!

Although I shouldn't be, I'm extremely surprise and appalled by how brainwashed it appears colleague's and people who are close to Tad are.

I'm​ trying to put myself in their position...Even if I knew someone who I thought to be a great person, went and KIDNAPPED someone, you better believe I would try to rack my brain for ANYTHING that could help bring that victim home.

Yet, people who are close to TD hasn't even bothered to share the missing persons photo.

Shameful.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

The husband of a woman in my social circle was convicted of molesting two teens about ET's age - his stepdaughter and niece. We all struggled to reconcile the person we thought we knew with the person who did such heinous things. So I understand their struggle, if not their denial.

I also served on a jury trial late last year; similar situation.

Both men were convicted. The husband of my friend served only 5 years.

I'd be willing to bet my farm that he is NOT hauling around a camper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomada701