Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is situations like this that re affirms my decision to add teen safe to my children's phones so as to be able to see everything they do and say right down to GPS

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

I don't really think it matters what he might have promised her. For example, a warm beach. I think it's pretty clear that TC has no integrity.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Students can be immature, so I can see how some who don't know ET but who consider TC their favorite teacher could make some pretty mean comments. It's not right, but they're just kids and kids don't always react in a logical manner. But the faculty? I can't understand that at all.
Its a phenomenon in our society that women oftentimes get all 'lovey dovey' feelings for predators/narcissistic men with no mercy whatsoever for the women/girls involved. It stems from a lack of wisdom imo.
He's 50. He's not a child. He knows exactly what he's doing.

Advocating to stay within the confines of the law and advocating to monitor and seize information from individuals who merely support a suspected criminal are competing concepts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No it is about investigating to see if any supporting him actually know something. From what the father said, it sounds like this girl might have an idea of where they are or more info. We know she isn't cooperating. It is also very likely this child is talking to some supporters because that is a large burden for the child to carry. It is also a chance that some of these adult supporters have been in touch with him or helped him have a place to hide out and aren't telling the cops.

It is situations like this that re affirms my decision to add teen safe to my children's phones so as to be able to see everything they do and say right down to GPS

Absolutely! I am struggling not to lock mine up!

Advocating to stay within the confines of the law and advocating to monitor and seize information from individuals who merely support a suspected criminal are competing concepts.

They can't monitor their phone activities or whatnot but they can absolutely keep an eye on their daily activities without running afoul. If one of those "Tad supporters" (ew) hits up a payphone a few times a week or publicly posts something questionable on social media, for example, those cops will be able to jump on it without triggering any slippery slope issues. If the friend who dropped her off isn't cooperating with LE and also belongs to that group, you can bet they've already got someone looking into what else she's been up to lately.

You never think it will happen to your child, but the parent of every child it has happened to, also thought that at one time.

I'm all for tracking kids cig for no other reason, on case something happens and info is needed. You don't get a secret password on your phone and your cloud if you are on my account, I'm paying for it and you aren't an adult.

They can't monitor their phone activities or whatnot but they can absolutely keep an eye on their daily activities without running afoul. If one of those "Tad supporters" (ew) hits up a payphone a few times a week or publicly posts something questionable on social media, for example, those cops will be able to jump on it without triggering any slippery slope issues. If the friend who dropped her off isn't cooperating with LE and also belongs to that group, you can bet they've already got someone looking into what else she's been up to lately.

I'm not from rural Tennessee, but nonetheless a rural town. Even here, everyone has cell phones. I haven't seen a functional pay phone in a decade.

However, what's public is public but you'd still need some sort of reasonable suspicion that they have or are withholding information in order to do anything more than merely observe them from a distance.

What did her post say?
It was a photo of text. Basically saying that a teacher didn't show up to class and one of the boys held social time instead.
She related the post to her school and said "we all know who's class this is".
The post was February 28th 2017.
MOO

If she was still with her mom and being abused and had no one and an adult got her away from that (remembering in TN she can legally decide to leave with an adult at her age) they would be doing the right thing and helping her, if there was no romantic interest there.

For all we know, he has convinced them that she was in that type of situation. A person like him can manipulate because he can be very convincing. His wife could even think that ET developed a crush on him, which wouldn't be abnormal, but he doesn't have those feelings. Now everyone has the wrong idea.. The cops think he had other plans, etc.

I could see people that have known and liked him for a long time believing that and also even his wife at this point. It is easier to believe your husband, whom you have never known to have issues, be hiding now because "cops and her family have the wrong idea" than to think your husband, who you should know better than anyone, has done something this horrendous.

Your heart can convince your head of just about anything, especially when the truth is as sick as this is.

The important phrase is "legally decide" and it seems like the "friend" did not take her home as the "friend" suggested ET said. Seems like ET decided not to if the "friend" is to be believed/

Nope and with that comment from you, we are done. I explained exactly what I was thinking in my post. I didn't say bug their phones because they supported him.

You are thinking they should pull their phone records. That's a search and seizure protected by the 4th Amendment. It's no different than bugging their phones.

Ok this may have been asked already but my though on teen safe above piped something in to my mind does ET have a Google account I ask because I know Google stores a lot of information from your phone places you have been serches you have deleted and can be accessed as long as you have her Google password can also look up same things on home computer she used where she may have done a Google search
c9a968edc26bc4f3d73236940022f20a.jpg
5fde15f9cd11370388a4689bc5c4d875.jpg

No it is about investigating to see if any supporting him actually know something. From what the father said, it sounds like this girl might have an idea of where they are or more info. We know she isn't cooperating. It is also very likely this child is talking to some supporters because that is a large burden for the child to carry. It is also a chance that some of these adult supporters have been in touch with him or helped him have a place to hide out and aren't telling the cops.

Police can interview them all they want, but if they're claiming that they have no knowledge about the situation, there isn't much police can do about it. You can't tap someone phone's line or start monitoring their private social media accounts just because you think they might know something.

It's frustrating, and emotions run high in cases like this, especially when there are minors involved. They didn't make me turn over my humanity the day they handed me my law license, so I get it, I really do. But we're still bound by the law, whether we like it or not.

I know it's very difficult but I wish his wife or children would be more forthcoming with info about him such as what kind of clothes he likes to wear and what color jackets he took.

Does he like camping, fishing etc? and gear he took from home. other then just the guns. Does he know how to drive or paddle a boat or canoe. Does he like to swim?

What kind of food his likes, maybe where he like to eat out.

What kind of temperament does he have at home.

Believe it or not some of these things could be helpful in finding him.

The important phrase is "legally decide" and it seems like the "friend" did not take her home as the "friend" suggested ET said. Seems like ET decided not to if the "friend" is to be believed/
I don't know, that law in TN about a child being able to decide to leave, seems so odd to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay