Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think those were her first thoughts because she was in denial/shock and she may have thought the kidnapping would be explained away and Tad would emerge the hero.

As the facts are coming out, she has to know this is NOT the case. But if she surrounds herself with others in denial (because IMO they can't accept they were conned etc.), it will be harder for her to accept the reality check.

Some misguided people may be telling her that he must have had a 'noble' reason and to keep up the 'faith' because they think that is the supportive thing to do. Additionally, IMO there is sometimes a kind of blind or automatic misconception that if religion encourages forgiveness, that implies, and also includes the baggage, of enduring more abuse or staying in a hostile/dangerous situation.

IMO if there are people in that community that really care about her, they will be brutally honest and encourage her to cooperate with LE and move on with her life - without the predator.
You see it all the time in the public arena. Women stay married and support their unfaithful partners. Right or wrong? I guess if they can't face being alone.... BUT some do move on. A good move especially if he doesn't (not gonna) change, but it takes a whole lot of courage. I guess it's up to the woman.

Wish I could see that picture. :/ Did you check out his shoes to compare to the surveillance video?

I think media and TBI needs to ramp up coverage in Texas. I've had a feeling they'd come down here when I mentioned I'm thinking beach, lakes etc. Also they really need to emphasize any details that suggest she wasn't completely willing to go with this man. Unfortunately many people upon hearing this story probably think sick man, naive girl and carry on. The detail of her wanting the friend to take her home needs to be repeated every single time this story is told. I'm in Texas and though I've been very busy and somewhat disconnected lately, I've not seen much coverage of this *crime* at all.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

This discussion moves too quickly for me to keep up :D but I do try to read here a couple of times daily even if I don't participate. I watched the news conference via live stream yesterday and have watched case coverage on Inside Edition. IE has featured several updates on the case. Here's the link to yesterday's report:

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...-lyrics-to-another-student-in-unearthed-audio

IMO, he has had designs on young girls for a long time. I hope other girls soon come out with their stories.

Wish I could see that picture. :/ Did you check out his shoes to compare to the surveillance video?

I think media and TBI needs to ramp up coverage in Texas. I've had a feeling they'd come down here when I mentioned I'm thinking beach, lakes etc. Also they really need to emphasize any details that suggest she wasn't completely willing to go with this man. Unfortunately many people upon hearing this story probably think sick man, naive girl and carry on. The detail of her wanting the friend to take her home needs to be repeated every single time this story is told. I'm in Texas and though I've been very busy and somewhat disconnected lately, I've not seen much coverage of this *crime* at all.

I'm sorry I must have missed something. Can you point me in the direction of a source about her wanting her friend to take her home? Was this when she was dropped off at Shoneys?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I'm sorry I must have missed something. Can you point me in the direction of a source about her wanting her friend to take her home? Was this when she was dropped off at Shoneys?

The link may not be allowed her but it's in the podcast and her sister confirmed it's true. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, though.

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/03/...o-with-pervy-teacher-forces-her-with-threats/

We really need to have a thread with sources, not your fault, but it makes it so unwieldy to read posts here when half of them are the same sources over and over to sift through or people asking for a source. So I'm going to compile sources with details and then we'll have it. Give me a minute to compile them all.

So we have no news this morning? [emoji53]

I just wish short of finding them we could at least get a confirmed sighting.

Just a friendly reminder, if your in box is full you cannot receive messages. [emoji172][emoji41]✌️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't help but to feel angry at the school.
Ultimately this is all Tads fault but they really could've done better with this situation.
I feel like Elizabeth was failed by the school. They punished her for going into his class after the kissing incident, they should have done more. I'd be outraged if I was her parent ( I'm sure he is!)

Like I said though, ultimately this is all Tads fault. He knew better. He absolutely knew better. He groomed this vulnerable young girl and has caused all this hurt and pain.
For Elizabeth, it will take years and years of ongoing treatment and support to work past this. She may have not realized what was going on ( she's a child, her brain isn't fully developed and she was also abused and neglected)

He absolutely had a gun. I could tell the way he was walking. Never took his hands out of his pockets. Walked just like that to and from the restroom. Never even turned his neck to the side. And super creepy that he's looking dead at me while I'm pretending to be on the phone while snapping pics

Did you post the pic to the thread? I must have missed something :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is going to run out of money fairly soon. One or both will have to find a job. That would be her opportunity to escape. If somebody steals money, they will be busted. If she does not drive, she probably has no ID other than her devices......so not easy to get a job. JMO

I can't help but to feel angry at the school.
Ultimately this is all Tads fault but they really could've done better with this situation.
I feel like Elizabeth was failed by the school. They punished her for going into his class after the kissing incident, they should have done more. I'd be outraged if I was her parent ( I'm sure he is!)

Like I said though, ultimately this is all Tads fault. He knew better. He absolutely knew better. He groomed this vulnerable young girl and has caused all this hurt and pain.
For Elizabeth, it will take years and years of ongoing treatment and support to work past this. She may have not realized what was going on ( she's a child, her brain isn't fully developed and she was also abused and neglected)
The school completely dropped the ball, especially after the kiss was reported.

The link may not be allowed her but it's in the podcast and her sister confirmed it's true. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, though.

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/03/...o-with-pervy-teacher-forces-her-with-threats/

This part of the story seemed strange to me. How does the sister or lawyer know ET said that?. There would have been only two people in the car, ET and the friend? ET certainly hasn't reported saying this. Then why would the friend be motivated to report this, remorse? This is the same friend that is reported not cooperating and said ET was safe?
This comment only makes sense if there was another in the car IMO.

This part of the story seemed strange to me. How does the sister or lawyer know ET said that?. There would have been only two people in the car, ET and the friend? ET certainly hasn't reported saying this. Then why would the friend be motivated to report this, remorse? This is the same friend that is reported not cooperating and said ET was safe?
This comment only makes sense if there was another in the car IMO.

My guess is that the friend who dropped her off said this, before she stopped cooperating. Just a guess.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/28/us/tennessee-teacher-manhunt-state-kidnapping-law/

The way it's written now, the statute lets children older than 12 decide whether to leave their families, unless their removal or confinement "is accomplished by force, threat or fraud."

Well I think there easily could be reason to believe that all three, force, threat, fraud, exist in this kidnapping! Changing the law should be something they can consider AFTER they prosecute Cummins IMO. That they are focusing on this makes me wonder if they are not going to put forth their best effort to validate that Cummins used threats, force and fraud in the course of his grooming ET. I'm not feeling confident that this DA is up to this task based on the CNN report and this has me very concerned. First his verbage re: romantic and now this. Is he spending his time looking at ways he CAN'T successfully prosecute? Maybe I'm being hyper-critical but this feels really wrong.

Edited for spelling.

Cummins is 50 years old
Cummins married his wife in 1985
Cummins told students he was a millionaire and a CIA operative that traveled on secret missions
On January 23 a female schoolmate saw TC kiss ET on the lips in the classroom with TC's grandchild in the room
January 24th the female student confronted TC about the kiss. TC told the student he was a father figure to ET and she was a "close and best friend".
January 30th school concluded investigation, found no evidence since both ET and TC denied the kiss but ET was removed from class.
January 31 ET's father found out about kiss from Sheriff who was investigating the issue.
February 3 TC is reprimanded for having ET in his room. Another teacher said she was in the classroom for over 30mins.
February 6 TC is suspended for insubordination
March 13 ET tells her sister to call 911 if she isn't home by 6pm
http://abcnews.go.com/US/timeline-a...ee-student-elizabeth-thomas/story?id=46273578
Other details:
School never informed ET's father of inappropriate contact or of any investigation
http://abcnews.go.com/US/timeline-a...ee-student-elizabeth-thomas/story?id=46273578
ET was dropped off by friend at Shoney's on March 13th, ET asked friend to instead take her back home, friend refused.
Friend who dropped ET off is not cooperating with LE

"Employees at the Shoney's in Columbia said Thomas was waiting with her bags inside the restaurant on March 13. They said when Tad Cummins pulled up, the teen ran outside leaving her back pack behind."
http://whnt.com/2017/03/24/da-eliza...intentionally-left-clue-before-dissapearance/

School and students refuse to wear green ribbons in support of ET and ET has been called a harlot (per Sister)

TC has two guns (unknown what type)

ET's phone pinged in Decatur AL March 13 at 3:06pm

ET was originally reported as a runaway, although her father early on maintained she had been abducted by TC
TC's wife reported him missing.

LE concluded 24 hours after both reported missing that TC and ET were together, so they had a 24 headstart before the Amber Alert was issued.

Amber Alert has not been issued nationwide.

LE believe they may be in Mexico or Central America posing as missionaries

TC took a loan for 4,500. "TBI said Cummins secured a title loan for a personal vehicle and other personal effects several days before his disappearance, netting $4,500 in cash."
http://fox17.com/news/local/tbi-releases-new-photos-details-in-amber-alert-of-elizabeth-thomas

TC searched teen marriages

TC searched disabling GPS on automobile

TC took Nissan Rogue, leaving wife with his Jeep which she is unable to drive

TC told his wife on the morning he disappeared he was going out for a job interview.

TC has an associates degree, was a respiratory therapist, taught forensics, had an alternative certification to teach

TC's former colleague states TC was a bully and narcissist

TC's former colleague is offering a 5,000 reward

LE is offering a 1,000 reward

There have been no credible sightings of TC or ET since March 13

ET left a bag behind at Shoney's, but it was later gone. The story goes that it was left outside and picked up by someone.
Shoney's had no working surveillance camera (per Sister) and ""We believe for one reason or another she left one of these bags behind and it disappeared later that day," said DA Brent Cooper.Cooper said someone either took the bag or Elizabeth may have come back for it" http://whnt.com/2017/03/24/da-eliza...intentionally-left-clue-before-dissapearance/

ET has wheat and tomato allergies and needs an epi pen.(per Sister)

ET took her sister's bathing suit with her (per Sister)

ET hid from TC when he tried to see her at work. "One of Thomas family lawyers told WKRN that, at some point before the March 13 disappearance, Cummins came into Elizabeth's work place. The teen hid in a bathroom and urged a co-worker to tell the teacher that she wasn't there." http://patch.com/tennessee/nashville/elizabeth-thomas-once-hid-teacher-tad-cummins-family-says (this was also confirmed by Sister)

ET had been taken from her mother's custody and her father has custody of her. ET had formerly been homeschooled, was a freshman in high school and had just started public school. TC was her teacher. ET's mother was charged with abuse and lost custody.
ET's mother gave an interview.

TC was looking for work in Decatur

TC and ET may have stayed in a motel in Decatur the first night

TC watched shows about living off the grid

I'll be editing this post with sources and such, but is there anything I missed?

Destany Parrish is a former student who TC may have groomed prior to ET, made alone time for the two of them and sang her a love song he'd written. He told us all one day that the office had gotten on to him and that we all had to go back to the lunch room because that's where we're supposed to be anyway," Parrish recalled. "Everybody left and I got my bag and got ready to leave, and he said the office hadn't said anything to him, he just didn't want that many kids in his room. It just ended up being he and I chilling in there. I would go there after school.”
Parrish said she would go to Cummins’ room after school and he would often take her to services at the Destiny Church in Columbia Parrish was 15 at the time, in 2011 she was his student.
http://www.wsmv.com/story/34977042/...udent-discusses-close-friendship-with-teacher

"One day, Parrish said Cummins arranged for them to be alone and he sang the lyrics he had written.
One of the lyrics read, "I could swim for a thousand miles in the oceans inside your eyes and never reach the side."
"It was just me and tad. We were in the music room. It was right next to his classroom, and I had learned a new song on the piano," said Parrish. "I was gonna go show him, but he sat down first and played that song, and I started recording a little bit in.
When asked if she felt the song was for her, Parrish said she didn't assume, but looking back, things seem different."
http://www.newschannel5.com/news/former-student-claims-tad-cummins-wrote-her-a-love-song

Interview with Thomas family attorneys by Nancy Grace: https://www.podcastchart.com/podcas...cher-gave-kidnap-girl-back-rubs-at-school/pop

When did Destany Parrish have him as a teacher? He had been in that position since 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay