Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If ET did NOT got willingly and she was kidnapped... I believe that changes things.
I believe he has her confined to a designated space and is bound unable to move freely.
IMO he is obsessed with her and is keeping her all to himself.

If she went willingly then they could be moving along. Not having to worry about her running Or getting him caught.

<modsnip>

Even if she went willingly, she may have thought it would be a short trip. We don't know. And it doesn't matter because she was groomed, lured and tricked. Nonetheless, I'd venture to guess she isn't staying willingly now. I have no doubt she has asked to go home, but he won't let her. It started off as a kidnapping, and it continues as one.

Good morning. I so hope that today will be the day Elizabeth goes home to her dad and siblings.

Right now it makes no difference if she went willingly or not, it's all about bringing her home.
She's 15 and he's 50. She isn't old enough to make the decision. She was abused and neglected. She was then lured and groomed. So even if she willingly got in the car, she still needs to be located ASAP.
My point is that the focus should be on locating her .
The rest of the details can wait until later because the most important thing is bringing her home right now.

Another thing she does, in listening to a recent podcast, is to ask a question of the guest, and not listen to the answer. When they are in the process of answering, usually providing some key bit of information pertinent to her question, she will interrupt them -- mid-sentence -- going off on some tangent, and blathering on about it -- then will ask the very same question of them again, as if they had ignored her question.

Here's an example in this case: She asked one of the attorneys (for the family of ET) why ET's "little friend" (as "NG" called her) who drove her to the Shoney's where she was to meet with TC, would not turn back around and take ET home after she had changed her mind and DIDN'T want to meet TC. The attorney stated that it was because the friend didn't have time, as she needed to report to her job. I was concentrating on his answer, or I would not have been able to hear it because once Nancy Grace heard him utter the phrase: "The friend wouldn't take her back to her house . . ." , she went off!

"WHY???!!! WHY wouldn't the friend give her a ride back after she changed her mind?!!!," she raged. "Why!????!! What could possibly have been the reason why she would allow her friend to be in grave jeopardy for her safety . . . ?!!! What in the WORLD would have prevented her from taking ET back to her house?!!!"

I waited for the attorney to reiterate that the friend had a job to get to, time was wasting. But, instead, he just opted for: "I ..... we .... really don't know that answer" Like he just gave up, figuring that it was better not to waste his breath on a futile effort trying to get through to this airhead.
sorry. Love NG. She is a pioneer in bringing awareness about crime to the general public. Her passion comes from her fiancé being murdered many years ago.

I am not sure if this was posted yet. (I had to bypass a few pages yesterday.) I am only quoting what I had not seen reported previously.

Sister of Missing Teen Allegedly Abducted by Teacher on Last Time She Saw Her: Something Was Wrong

In another instance, Sarah says, Elizabeth declared she had to break up with her well-liked boyfriend because she &#8220;wasn&#8217;t allowed to be with him anymore.&#8221;

http://people.com/crime/elizabeth-thomas-missing-sister-day-of-abduction/

So true! I have a couple in the extended family. They can be the most cunning and evil one minute and the next they are completely charming. Normal people don't behave that way and that ability to keep normal people off balance is one of the narcissists greatest tools.

I've read a lot on the subject and according to what I've read, the narcissist cannot be rehabilitated. They are resistant to any attempts at counseling and are considered pretty hopeless cases. It reminds me of people born without a conscience or the ability to feel empathy. Once that window of opportunity to gain these necessary traits has passed it is something they will never really have. They can mimic the traits but the real feeling is not present and they cannot relate to what people who have the real feelings are going through.

So true! I have a couple in the extended family. They can be the most cunning and evil one minute and the next they are completely charming. Normal people don't behave that way and that ability to keep normal people off balance is one of the narcissists greatest tools.

I've read a lot on the subject and according to what I've read, the narcissist cannot be rehabilitated. They are resistant to any attempts at counseling and are considered pretty hopeless cases. It reminds me of people born without a conscience or the ability to feel empathy. Once that window of opportunity to gain these necessary traits has passed it is something they will never really have. They can mimic the traits but the real feeling is not present and they cannot relate to what people who have the real feelings are going through.
You have done a great job explaining this! You hit the nail on the head!

I just haven't been able to bring myself to listen to the song, I mean inquiring minds want to know...but I would like to keep the little sanity I have. ..but I will most likely cave...

No! Save yourself! The man sounds like a cat in a vacuum cleaner!

[BBM]

Now, I'm sorry, but DID HE REALLY say that? Think, think long and hard, and re-read that sentence. Does it make sense to you?
I copied straight from the article, as someone noticed later, wouldn't probably was a typo and should have been would.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

So TC taught forensics and had Beth remove her toothbrush and hairbrush from her home. :notgood:
Creepy vibe being had.
Twice on his twitter after the school blood drive he posted the same photo of spilled blood on the floor. He is creepy.
Just an observation. Probably an overreaction too.

I don't understand. If he wanted her DNA, he has HER he doesn't need those things. If he wanted to take things that have her DNA out of her home, well everything in there is going to have her DNA on it, not just her toothbrush and hair brush. I don't think this is really creepy.

I just played the video of Elizabeth teaching her brother how to sew to several co-workers. Everyone gathered around the table and I explained that I was going to play them a video of a girl from Tennessee who was kidnapped by an older man who groomed her.
I asked them to tell me what stuck out about her in the video and how they could identify her if they happened to see her walking down the street later on.
(I cropped out the media headline about the lisp and also purposely neglected to tell them her exact age )
They had the same reaction that I did. They said that she really looks and sounds and acts just like any of our daughters. Nobody heard an accent or the lisp that the media headline mentioned. ( We're in Jersey)
Because Many feel like Elizabeth could blend in with a crowd so easily, I feel like it's extremely important that we really study her images and voice. We must really concentrate on it so we could recognize her . Law enforcement said they could be anywhere by now so it's imperative that we all keep our eyes out!
While I believe Tad Cummins will keep Elizabeth hidden away from the public eye, you never really know! Stranger things have happened so I think we should all take just a minute to embed Elizabeth's image in our minds!

I don't understand. If he wanted her DNA, he has HER he doesn't need those things. If he wanted to take things that have her DNA out of her home, well everything in there is going to have her DNA on it, not just her toothbrush and hair brush. I don't think this is really creepy.

I don't see any "creepiness" about it either. I think he told her to do that just so she would make sure to have those things with her since he knew she wouldn't be going home any time soon.

Exactly
Any educated person would know that her DNA would be on a lot of other things so taking her brush and toothbrush wouldn't really make a difference. They could get her DNA from tons of other sources in the home.
I don't think him asking her to possibly bring these items was for any other reason other than him wanting to keep Elizabeth.

Just thinking that maybe they aren't heading to a warm climate. The pictures of the beaches on IG and her taking a bathing suit could be a ruse.

Right now it makes no difference if she went willingly or not, it's all about bringing her home.
She's 15 and he's 50. She isn't old enough to make the decision. She was abused and neglected. She was then lured and groomed. So even if she willingly got in the car, she still needs to be located ASAP.
The rest of the details can wait until later because the most important thing is bringing her home right now.
One of the things pointed out last night, it was unwilling even if she made the choice to go, because TC manipulated her thinking, she wasn't making her choices.

A couple of important things about that.. If she said "yes I want to go" if someone sees them in public, there could be a girl that looks like she is with her father having a great time. People might not give them a second thought if they think ET was forced against her will and miss a chance to spot them or come up with an idea where they could be. If she decided to go with him, there is more if a chance they will end up some place they want to go and even a place to have fun.

For me if ET said "I want to leave with you" that could be better because when she does tire of a life on the run, and she will, TC won't be suspicious of her and she will have an easy chance to get away and get help.

Whenever cops are investigating, they always try to get into the mind of the perp and victim to try and come up with ideas of what they might do based on their thinking and views, to help find them or solve a case.

The mindset of both people is a great tool in coming up with ideas of things to check.

With all that said, even if ET said "yes" we all know that wasn't really HER choice, that was TC's decision and he made her think it was her decision and it makes her no less a victim than if he grabbed her off the street and took off with her. Personally, I hope he convinced her she wanted to go with him, to me that means she is safer for a longer time and her chances to be recognized, seen or escape, increase a tremendous amount.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Another thing she does, in listening to a recent podcast, is to ask a question of the guest, and not listen to the answer. When they are in the process of answering, usually providing some key bit of information pertinent to her question, she will interrupt them -- mid-sentence -- going off on some tangent, and blathering on about it -- then will ask the very same question of them again, as if they had ignored her question.

Here's an example in this case: She asked one of the attorneys (for the family of ET) why ET's "little friend" (as "NG" called her) who drove her to the Shoney's where she was to meet with TC, would not turn back around and take ET home after she had changed her mind and DIDN'T want to meet TC. The attorney stated that it was because the friend didn't have time, as she needed to report to her job. I was concentrating on his answer, or I would not have been able to hear it because once Nancy Grace heard him utter the phrase: "The friend wouldn't take her back to her house . . ." , she went off!

"WHY???!!! WHY wouldn't the friend give her a ride back after she changed her mind?!!!," she raged. "Why!????!! What could possibly have been the reason why she would allow her friend to be in grave jeopardy for her safety . . . ?!!! What in the WORLD would have prevented her from taking ET back to her house?!!!"

I waited for the attorney to reiterate that the friend had a job to get to, time was wasting. But, instead, he just opted for: "I ..... we .... really don't know that answer" Like he just gave up, figuring that it was better not to waste his breath on a futile effort trying to get through to this airhead.

I'm not crazy about NG in general. However, the one thing that she does that may be very beneficial in cases like this is to very forcefully address issues about 'willingness' 'consent' etc. It sounds like the community ET is in was in danger of going down the slippery slope of victim blamingj and just plain ignorance and that leads to complacency. The TC supporters in the community need a reality check and if NG's 'in your face' style gives any of them that then I'm all in favor of it.

well said.

I have to agree. When I taught homeschool forensics to my high schoolers we did testing on hair, blood and saliva too. It was part of a kit curriculum. Pretty standard experiment stuff. I bet the other students were asked to contribute as well.

I don't see any "creepiness" about it either. I think he told her to do that just so she would make sure to have those things with her since he knew she wouldn't be going home any time soon.
If I was 15 and my forensics teacher told me that I had brought my best DNA with me from a crowded house on those 2 items I would believe him. I'm thinking how easily he could ******** her if she bought he was ex-CIA etc

I am not sure if this was posted yet. (I had to bypass a few pages yesterday.) I am only quoting what I had not seen reported previously.

Sister of Missing Teen Allegedly Abducted by Teacher on Last Time She Saw Her: Something Was Wrong

http://people.com/crime/elizabeth-thomas-missing-sister-day-of-abduction/
Great article. The only thing I noticed amiss was the news is still saying she's 5'5. Authorities have been trying to change that, because she's actually 5'.
im short at 5'2 but she is really short. Since I wouldn't want to be even 1 inch shorter (for work purposes), I noticed that important detail about her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop