Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point, Stockholm Syndrome could have kicked in. He's managed to isolate her completely from friends and family and she has no access to social media that we're aware of. She's completely dependent on him, which I'm guessing was exactly what he wanted the entire time. LE will have to keep that in mind if they do catch up with them...she may try to defend him at first because she's completely under his influence.

Glad you mentioned this, I was just about to. Taking it a step farther (from an outsider to this case before today) I heard IMO that he had "groomed" her. That type of mind control...over time...can result in her thinking not as a prisoner but a teammate now.

MOO

I do not think they traveled out of the country by air. Did she have a driver's license? No. A passport? Unlikely.

Can one drive to Costa Rica? Yes. If you can avoid the pitfalls that await you on the road and at customs. I think 'fled the country' is not the answer.

They may be dead. He may have killed her and himself in a national or state park somewhere off the beaten path. He is unstable, is the subject of a nation-wide manhunt for kidnapping and is armed with 2 guns.

Just saying, MOO.

The thing to remember though is unlocking the phone, most people don't do that. Phone techy people do. There is also a request through your phone carrier and usually the account holder or a person with the account info has to do it. You can pay to unlock phones, but that also leaves some trails.

There is also nothing that stopped him from buying two burner phones before they left.

Now with getting a SIM.. You have to refill that before the minutes run out or within a certain time, IIRC to keep the same number. Someone with a prepaid phone would know better. You can refill it online and in stores. Unless he bought a lot of minutes, both are risky.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Oh boy I was doing a quick search on burner phones and found there is an app that acts like a burner
"Unlimited numbers for calling, texting & picture messaging"
Just put those words in the stores search.

Hoping this does not turn our to be like the teacher Mary Kay Letourneau case where she had an affair with one of her students while married. to th. She did time but got married to the former student and they raised a family. Update was on TV recently.

I just read a book on that case...it was definitely interesting. I'm hoping that once LE finally has TC in custody and can get ET away from him she'll be able to break free from the spell he's got her under.

Glad you mentioned this, I was just about to. Taking it a step farther (from an outsider to this case before today) I heard IMO that he had "groomed" her. That type of mind control...over time...can result in her thinking not as a prisoner but a teammate now.

MOO

I completely agree with you there...he most likely has her thinking that they're in this together, just them against the world, and there's nothing she can do to change it.

I do not think they traveled out of the country by air. Did she have a driver's license? No. A passport? Unlikely.

Can one drive to Costa Rica? Yes. If you can avoid the pitfalls that await you on the road and at customs. I think 'fled the country' is not the answer.

They may be dead. He may have killed her and himself in a national or state park somewhere off the beaten path. He is unstable, is the subject of a nation-wide manhunt for kidnapping and is armed with 2 guns.

Just saying, MOO.
I go back and forth on the two guns. There are reasons they don't concern me as much.

First it is the South, they are common.

If you plan to be off the grid in the woods in the South, especially this time of year, you better have a gun.

Here we have various venomous snakes, there are mountain lions, coyotes and bears, big bears.

So if his plan was to hide out in the woods, guns would be necessary for protection. Then there is also hunting for food.

Nothing. The only thing is still the phone ping in Decatur.

If the Decatur ping was after it has just been turned on, is it reported when that morning the phone was off in TN after meeting?

Oh boy I was doing a quick search on burner phones and found there is an app that acts like a burner
"Unlimited numbers for calling, texting & picture messaging"
Just put those words in the stores search.
Got a link? That sounds just like for caller ID and not for tracing on the phone service the phone is attached to.

i dont' think they are overseas either, nor did they take a boat to the Bahamas or Cuba. Someone would have come forward I am sure. They'd stick out like a sore thumb in both those places.

I thought that they would cross the border in Mexico and maybe be in one of the beach areas on either the east or west coast. Not as far south as Puerto Valarta or Cancun, but something within an hour or two from the border. But then I keep thinking of him as the manipulator, and perhaps all those warm water and palm tree pictures were to lure her away and now she's somewhere in the woods all this time.

If they were "renting" some place in the USA I don't think they could afford to stay somewhere for almost 3 weeks now.

I go back and forth on the two guns. There are reasons they don't concern me as much.

First it is the South, they are common.

If you plan to be off the grid in the woods in the South, especially this time of year, you better have a gun.

Here we have various venomous snakes, there are mountain lions, coyotes and bears, big bears.

So if his plan was to hide out in the woods, guns would be necessary for protection. Then there is also hunting for food.

This might be a stupid question, but I have no experience with guns at all...have they said what kind of guns he has? If he has handguns, can you use them on a bear? Or would you need a rifle? I'm totally in the dark on the subject of guns.

Just saying, MOO.

I don't believe they have fled the country. I don't believe TC ever intended to take her to any of the places he posted. That was just part of the grooming. IMO. Also, I really don't believe he will allow her to have a phone of any kind. He may have a burner. I don't think he is going to want her to know about the $10,000 reward if she escapes. JMO

If the Decatur ping was after it has just been turned on, is it reported when that morning the phone was off in TN after meeting?
It doesn't report being turned off or on, it reports when it connects to a tower. If you are driving through the state it will have a ping on the towers as you pass through places.

This might be a stupid question, but I have no experience with guns at all...have they said what kind of guns he has? If he has handguns, can you use them on a bear? Or would you need a rifle? I'm totally in the dark on the subject of guns.
I haven't seen yet what type of guns he has. Handgun or rifle can be used on a bear just like on a human.

Both can be used on a snake also. Rifles are generally used for hunting but a good marksman can use a handgun.

Got a link? That sounds just like for caller ID and not for tracing on the phone service the phone is attached to.

Don't know if the mods want me to put the link up, but the site is the combination of those two words. It's easy to find on the two popular online stores also, just use those words. It's a paid app with free trial.
If a mod reads this and gives the OK I'll post the link.

It doesn't report being turned off or on, it reports when it connects to a tower. If you are driving through the state it will have a ping on the towers as you pass through places.

Right, and no pings until Decatur, an hour away?

Exactly. So many adults with much more real life experience fall victim to abusers like TC. The gaslighting is what they do and they are good at it. They can make people doubt what they see with their very own eyes. They are also pretty good at picking out people they can manipulate like that. Very few adults, much less children, recognize it when it is happening to them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

Yes so true. I suffered with a Narcissistic mother and went on to marry Narcissistic men. Mother was married 7 times. Myself, 4 times (the last one though I married, divorced, remarried and divorced) -so 3 men. I have been single now for 4 years. I have had counseling and read many books on this topic. There are different types of Narcissistic people. Very toxic.

Don't know if the mods want me to put the link up, but the site is the combination of those two words. It's easy to find on the two popular online stores also, just use those words. It's a paid app with free trial.
If a mod reads this and gives the OK I'll post the link.
Well I'll say this much, without a different SIM, the phone can be traced by the phone company. So that should answer your question on that.

Remember, the "phone" is really the SIM. That is what companies use to allow your phone to connect to their towers and tells your phone What towers to connect to.

I'll clarify my question. If there is only one ping that has been reported then the phone was off before that. So the question is has it been reported anywhere when the phone was switched off prior to that- or the last ping prior.

I seriously feel they are on a missionary trip in another country. He's done a couple before. It's on his resume. One was a medical missionary. I googled them online and there are hundreds many are from two weeks to three years. There was some that started in March and go all year round for signups. Depending what mission you choose children all the way up to seniors can sign up. They provide you with shelter, transportation, food, and clothing. People from all over the world sign up to do these where chances are no one would recognize them. Most of these are poor countries in need of help. He could have friends from the last two missions that he attended help them. sign up missionary. There are so many categories and countries to choose from, Belize, Mexico, Panama and so many others. Since he's done these before he would be quite familiar. He could have sold that vehicle for cash. JMO

I believe LE had mentioned this was a possibility in the last news briefing as well.

I'll clarify my question. If there is only one ping that has been reported then the phone was off before that. So the question is has it been reported anywhere when the phone was switched off - or the last ping prior.
It doesn't tell you where it was turned off, the phone company can tell where the last ping was before that. No one is reporting on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member