Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In repsonse to Laffy Taffy's post in Thread #7, post #771:

I think this is a very distinct possibility. If they are living in a vehicle like this it would explain why there have been no sightings. Where would they park to sleep? KOA campgrounds? Truck stops? Camping sites? Roadside rest areas? I really want to see the pictures Laffy Taffy took, I wish they hadn't been removed.
Truck stops, rest stops, RV campgrounds are everywhere, some right on the beach and even a night in a parking lot as long as the generator is going and you have enough potable water in the tank, you can do that.

Flying J is also a truck stop that has RV accommodations to empty tanks, etc.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I got all that. The issue is on the school's report they say in the last page an email from TC is attached. I haven't seen an email TC wrote in response to the school investigation.

I'm assuming that the school withheld all of their investigation materials (other than the report).

According to the document list, there should be: Student 1's written statement; Interview Notes; Email sent from Tad Cummins

https://mgtvwkrn.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/thomas-packet-to-media.pdf

Having a child that was labeled by school administration, I feel somewhat personally connected to ET. My daughter was misdiagnosed with ADHD when she was in kindergarten. By 4th grade she was having serious problems acting out at school because of the medications for ADHD she had been on for so long and that she never should have been taking. She was extremely petite and weighed only about 50 pounds at the time, but was on the strongest dose of every ADHD medication on the market (not all at once and not Ritalin - but every single other drug for ADHD).

Despite these efforts she was increasingly combative at school and at home - certainly not the age for teenage defiance when she was only at only 8 or 9 years old. Instead of getting help from her school's administration and counselor she and I both constantly got blamed for her behavior. I even had a vice principal from her elementary school call me and counsel me on how I to need to put my child in medication if she has ADHD. I counseled him on how it is a violation of state law for him to even hint at that suggestion and then reported him to the school principal the very next day. Her response, "Well, I know he's a problem, but he's retiring at the end of the school year". I minored in psychology in college and even studied child psychology, but my repeated request asking that my daughter's psychiatrist and therapist do additional testing fell on deaf ears.

By the time she was in 8th grade I grew disgusted that no one would listen to what I had to say (I personally believe they, the psychiatrist and therapist, believed what I had to say about additional testing but didn't want to lose the money they had coming in from twice a week therapy sessions and once a week psychiatrist sessions), so I eventually took it upon myself to ween her off of the cocktail of drugs they had her on (about 4 drugs that included ADHD meds, anti-psychotics, mood stabilizers, and ability - just for starters). In a matter of a month her behavior improved substantially. By the end of that semester her behavior problems at school completely stopped. The next year her grades improved from nearly flunking out of school to being an A, B, and occasional C student.

The point of the story is she and I (especially her) were in desperately need of help. We went though a list of doctors so long it's hard to recall exactly how many there were (my best recollection was 6). We even begged for help with the school counselor, but they deemed it all my daughter's problem. My point is, in my experience the school administration could care less about helping a child in need. They want the kids that act right and therefore make the lives of the teachers and administrators easier and the kids that don't fit this mold get labeled, sometimes permanently, and are never given the attention they need to figure out what the real underlying problem is to give them the opportunity to succeed in life.

My daughter got extremely lucky with the middle school counselor she had. This woman had done specialized studies and research into adolescents and teens with ADHD and knew from the first session with my daughter that she didn't have ADHD. She said that the medications my daughter had been prescribed were entirely too strong for my child, who was extremely small for her age and only weighed about 70 pounds at the time causing the behaviors of ADHD, a classic sign of someone who doesn't have ADHD (if you have ADHD the drugs calm the hyperactivity, if you don't have it the drugs cause behaviors that are similar to ADHD).

Even though the specifics are different, I get the impression there are similarities to what happened with ET and is now what is happening to her siblings. The school knew there were problems with ET's home life, but instead of giving her the help and support she truly needed they instead labeled her as a problem. And then TC came into the picture and took advantage of a young girl with a bad home life and family problems. He took advantage of a kid in need who no one else would listen to or lend support to and she was so grateful for someone in a position of power (in her eyes) to listen to her story and treat her with respect that she probably didn't even notice or care when things started to move in the wrong direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for sharing you story and I'm sorry that you and your daughter had to go through all that just to get a correct diagnosis. Shameful.

I'm assuming that the school withheld all of their investigation materials (other than the report).

According to the document list, there should be: Student 1's written statement; Interview Notes; Email sent from Tad Cummins
Yeah that's what I saw also. I wonder why they withheld that. The attorney might want request that email.

Also to me all that stuff should be included because listing it makes it part of the report. I don't know if it legally makes it part of the report or not though.

While the goal is most definitely to find ET, by whatever means necessary, I think it's very important to remember to take some of these stories with a grain of salt. IE and others may be sensationalizing things and putting them out there out of context for ratings and/or fame. We all know how sometimes these stories pull people out of the woodwork for their 15 minutes and for MONEY! Lets just keep that in mind. I know i take EVERYTHING Nancy Grace says with a few grains, as she jumps the gun and puts her own spin on things. and that can point people in the wrong direction for finding this girl. Just as paid interviews will pull out people that exaggerate and add to a 2 minute conversation into a full blown 'affair'.

I really really wish the girl who dropped ET off at Shoneys would talk to police. I think if ANYONE has more information on her mindset that day, its her. And if she is worried about protecting her from someone, or herself from getting into more trouble, that needs to be relayed to her that she is NOT at fault for dropping her friend of. THAT is where we need info to come from. I fully believe she knows more than she is saying. I don't think she is frightened of TC, and honestly i don't think he is dangerous in that type of way. Even for the past coworker who said he was a bully, it sounds more like arrogance and attitude than physical violence. He seems to me to be the type that if you push back, he would back down. Guns don't mean a thing, imo. WAY too many people have them, and whether it is for personal protection or to sell down the road, I do not believe he intends to hurt ET. We haven't heard a LOT about his personality, or how he would react in certain situations, except by people who say they can't imagine him ever doing this. So we DON'T know what he will do if cornered. But when people are backed in a corner, most do come out fighting. I'd much rather see him drop her off, or her get tired of this and leave voluntarily.

Friend may not be cooperating now because of earlier statements, not necessarily supporting TC.
She is the last one to see ET and would know her state.MMO

BINGO!

And let's remember, we have no idea what TC or ET (or anyone else for that matter) told the school during the initial investigation of the kissing incident. It is entirely possible that the school felt they WERE putting this child first by involving LE and having them visit the child's home to talk to the father. People keep saying the father wasn't informed until a week later, which is technically true, but again, 2 of those days were on the weekend when school officials wouldn't have been working.

I disagree- No matter what,the father should have been told immediately. The child was living with him,he is the legal parent of the child,and has a right to know what happened immediately. Not 7 days later,thats just plain wrong and cannot be justified. As far as the school officials not working because it was a weekend,thats absurd in a situation like this. As a former LE officer,just because I was off on a certain day, I still had a duty to protect people,its not like these" school officials " punch a time clock.. JMO

BBM Tried to say this upthread you said it better.
There are two parts to that first statement - that ET wanted to turn around and the friend could not because she would be late for work. Why say any of that?

Although she's not cooperating with LE now, it seems on day one (possibly before she realized how big a deal this is) she told LE about the second thoughts and having to get to work on time.

Although she's not cooperating with LE now, it seems on day one (possibly before she realized how big a deal this is) she told LE about the second thoughts and having to get to work on time.

We don't know for sure if it's her wishes or someone else's either. Her parents may be consulting lawyers who advise her not to volunteer information (in order to protect their daughter). LE could have asked her not to share whatever she reported to them in confidentiality too.

I try not to be too judgmental about teens in these circumstances. In some ways, she is an additional victim who now has to live with the role she played in this intentionally or not. The person who holds the bill on all of this is Tad.

That said, if the girl knows anything she hasn't disclosed, I hope the parents forward it to LE even if they want to keep her off the radar.

She could likely have a device that she is connecting to wifi with, but even if she has a device she can use, what good is it to a teen who can't text, email or message anyone or go and share social media posts and Snapchats with her friends? Giving that up cold turkey for teens, who studies show are addicted to the validation they receive when someone likes or comments on their posts, could be very difficult for a teen today.

She could have internet with a burner phone or prepaid cell. I'm on Tmobile prepaid I pay month to month then there's pay as you go. They don't do credit checks or anything. You can pay cash for refill cards. If they have a laptop they can tether from the phone if they have data.

She could have internet with a burner phone or prepaid cell. I'm on Tmobile prepaid I pay month to month then there's pay as you go. They don't do credit checks or anything. You can pay cash for refill cards. If they have a laptop they can tether from the phone if they have data.

You can do just about anything on an iPod Touch...mine has the Facebook app, Instagram, and Twitter; I use it a lot when I'm traveling. Once it's connected to Wifi, it's almost as good as a phone.

Oh she very likely could have a device. I was just saying to a teen, who can't contact anyone or post on social media (and based on her Instagram activity, she liked to post a lot), what good would it be anyway?

You can do just about anything on an iPod Touch...mine has the Facebook app, Instagram, and Twitter; I use it a lot when I'm traveling. Once it's connected to Wifi, it's almost as good as a phone.

But she is unable to be on social media for fear of getting caught. It's risky to even contact friends she thinks she can trust. So even if she has a device, she isn't able to do much with it. Maybe they'll get caught for logging into his family's Netflix account.

Also you can or at least used to be able to, get a number through Google. A phone without a SIM and connected to the Internet via WiFi and you can make and receive calls from an Internet number.

Oh she very likely could have a device. I was just saying to a teen, who can't contact anyone or post on social media (and based on her Instagram activity, she liked to post a lot), what good would it be anyway?
She could be chatting with someone. They could all have duplicate and triplicate social media accounts that no one knows about.

There could also be a Gmail account that several have the log in info that no one knows about, and be communicating through draft emails.

I disagree- No matter what,the father should have been told immediately. The child was living with him,he is the legal parent of the child,and has a right to know what happened immediately. Not 7 days later,thats just plain wrong and cannot be justified. As far as the school officials not working because it was a weekend,thats absurd in a situation like this. As a former LE officer,just because I was off on a certain day, I still had a duty to protect people,its not like these" school officials " punch a time clock.. JMO

I can sort of see both sides of this. For a moment let's assume the student who reported the kiss didn't get along with ET. And perhaps she'd gotten a bad grade from TC. Both TC and ET claim nothing happened, and perhaps the grandchild who was in the room also claimed it didn't happen (either they had their back turned and didn't see it, or maybe they lied.) They take a look at TC's emails and see nothing suspicious (I never have heard or would have thought of this "draft" trick, so I don't imagine most people would have, either.) And, TC is a popular teacher with both students and other faculty.

Now - do you really want to drag TC through the mud based on the statement of one person who might have a grudge against both of them? I can see why the school might have been reluctant to pursue it.

Truck stops, rest stops, RV campgrounds are everywhere, some right on the beach and even a night in a parking lot as long as the generator is going and you have enough potable water in the tank, you can do that.

Flying J is also a truck stop that has RV accommodations to empty tanks, etc.
I wish we could have learned what her swim suit looks like. Baytown is right on the water.

Also you can or at least used to be able to, get a number through Google. A phone without a SIM and connected to the Internet via WiFi and you can make and receive calls from an Internet number.

I have one of these but had to verify it through a text sent to my cell. If he had a Google Voice # verified it on his old cell or his wife's, they could still discover it to be his.

In my mind, tho, he doesn't need a number so to speak bc he doesn't want to talk to anyone. He wants to avoid everyone he knows at risk of his life and freedom. He only wants devices for the purpose of tracking LE efforts and perhaps seeing what their hometown is saying online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member