Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can sort of see both sides of this. For a moment let's assume the student who reported the kiss didn't get along with ET. And perhaps she'd gotten a bad grade from TC. Both TC and ET claim nothing happened, and perhaps the grandchild who was in the room also claimed it didn't happen (either they had their back turned and didn't see it, or maybe they lied.) They take a look at TC's emails and see nothing suspicious (I never have heard or would have thought of this "draft" trick, so I don't imagine most people would have, either.) And, TC is a popular teacher with both students and other faculty.

Now - do you really want to drag TC through the mud based on the statement of one person who might have a grudge against both of them? I can see why the school might have been reluctant to pursue it.
You contact the parent, also teachers and schools are held to the same law as medical professionals.. They must report or they can face charges and loss of license.

Also in cases of children and adults, if you have to err, you err on the side of the child, always.

But the child that reported was close with TC considered him a friend and he was likely trying to groom her also.
Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

But she is unable to be on social media for fear of getting caught. It's risky to even contact friends she thinks she can trust. So even if she has a device, she isn't able to do much with it. Maybe they'll get caught for logging into his family's Netflix account.
Most of the kids I know, have more than one of each social media account.

I have one of these but had to verify it through a text sent to my cell. If he had a Google Voice # verified it on his old cell or his wife's, they could still discover it to be his.

In my mind, tho, he doesn't need a number so to speak bc he doesn't want to talk to anyone. He wants to avoid everyone he knows at risk of his life and freedom. He only wants devices for the purpose of tracking LE efforts and perhaps seeing what their hometown is saying online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can voice verify also and you can do that from any phone that will receive incoming calls, even a pay phone.

TC probably sang the exact same song to Elizabeth that he sang to Destiny (I think I spelt her name wrong).

I also doubt he let's Elizabeth connect to wifi. He's too much of a control freak IMO.

I think that if Elizabeth went willingly that she is still living the fantasy he sold to her. I think if she were to find out the truth of this master manipulator and the things that have been revealed about TC that she would want to come home. I don't think TC will ever give her the opportunity to see what things are being said or to return home even if she wanted... he's probably manipulator her into thinking that's what's "best for her" or "to protect her from the mean things people are saying"...

ON ANOTHER NOTE - I listened to the Vanished podcast of Mimi Lewis, it was a special episode where Halo Investigations was interviewed. They discussed how they are trying to take legal action to get rid of the "runaway" label because of the damage it can do to a case. They discussed how many "runaways" that leave willingly are actually groomed and manipulated by the predator. And labeling them as a runaway takes away the urgency of the situation from the public. The case example was Mimi Lewis (14yo) who was labeled as a runaway but actually brutally murdered. Her father had recently passed away and she was emotionally vulnerable and preyed upon.

This episode made me think of Elizabeth in the sense that the AA went 24 hours after they disappeared. And I believe the label "runaway" severely hurt Elizabeth's situation. Regardless of whether or not Elizabeth left willingly, this was a kidnapping.

If I see one more MSM article stating "alleged" kidnaping I'm going to puke.

Hoping for her safe return. My heart is hurting for Elizabeth and her family. Kat, I can't image what you're going through. Thank you for all your insights into our efforts to bring Elizabeth home.

She could be chatting with someone. They could all have duplicate and triplicate social media accounts that no one knows about.

There could also be a Gmail account that several have the log in info that no one knows about, and be communicating through draft emails.

Agreed. And I hope she is doing this because it is a way they could possibly track her. I doubt he would be letting her use these methods though but who knows. This whole case is a bunch of who knows. :thinking:

Most of the kids I know, have more than one of each social media account.

I haven't been a kid in a long time but I have 2 Facebook and 2 Instagram accounts.

Agreed. And I hope she is doing this because it is a way they could possibly track her. I doubt he would be letting her use these methods though but who knows. This whole case is a bunch of who knows. :thinking:
Well to track her someone has to tell the cops what the secret social media accounts are.

I can sort of see both sides of this. For a moment let's assume the student who reported the kiss didn't get along with ET. And perhaps she'd gotten a bad grade from TC. Both TC and ET claim nothing happened, and perhaps the grandchild who was in the room also claimed it didn't happen (either they had their back turned and didn't see it, or maybe they lied.) They take a look at TC's emails and see nothing suspicious (I never have heard or would have thought of this "draft" trick, so I don't imagine most people would have, either.) And, TC is a popular teacher with both students and other faculty.

Now - do you really want to drag TC through the mud based on the statement of one person who might have a grudge against both of them? I can see why the school might have been reluctant to pursue it.

Also in cases of children and adults, if you have to err, you err on the side of the child, always.
Exactly--You notify the father of the allegations going on,making him aware of the situation. If later,it is proven that it was a false accusation,what have you lost? Nothing as to compare as to what DID actually happen. You err on the side of caution and the child must come first. If the accusation WAS false, you explain that to the teacher and its over. The real life situation now is much worse than a teacher being falsely accused by a student who was mad at him.

Well to track her someone has to tell the cops what the secret social media accounts are.

Hopefully some of her friends aren't the best secret keepers then.:)

But honestly, I don't think TC and Elizabeth are contacting anyone back home. It's too risky for TC.

I know. It's just risky in general for her because you never know who would tell and who wouldn't. And if one kid tells her best friend that she talked to ET, the original person ET contacted may not say anything but the friend's confidant might. Again, I doubt he is letting her access wifi because of this very reason but ya never know.

I remember seeing in a couple threads back that her instagram was being edited. The post had a screenshot of the edited post. Have we heard anymore about this yet?

I know. It's just risky in general for her because you never know who would tell and who wouldn't. And if one kid tells her best friend that she talked to ET, the original person ET contacted may not say anything but the friend's confidant might. Again, I doubt he is letting her access wifi because of this very reason but ya never know.
But these are 15 year olds also. Remember, kids think they can always keep secrets and their friends believe they will.

She won't be happy not contacting someone besides him. She can't even really understand what he is facing if caught.

Even some people that have been in witness protection, to protect their lives, have eventually risked it and contacted someone. Those adults understand the danger and they still do it.

I remember seeing in a couple threads back that her instagram was being edited. The post had a screenshot of the edited post. Have we heard anymore about this yet?

I believe it was determined to not be true.

Bit these are 15 year olds also. Remember, kids think they can always keep secrets and their friends believe they will.

She won't be happy not contacting someone besides him. She can't even really understand what he is facing if caught.

Even some people that have been in witness protection, to protect their lives, have eventually risked it and contacted someone. Those adults understand the danger and they still do it.

That's what I mean. She has to be going through major major withdrawal if she has no device access and thereby can't contact anyone and talk to anyone besides him. And if she is contacting someone, hopefully it will come out because it's high school, and everyone sucks at keeping a secret. Everyone always has someone they tell who tells someone who tells someone and before you know it the whole school knows who made out behind the stage last week.

It's definitely way too risky, but I have to admit I'm a little surprised that TC has been able to refrain from going online and gloating. Looking through his Instagram account is like looking through a 13-year-old boy's account. I half expected him to find a way to get online and start posting about how he was able to outsmart everyone. I'm sure he knows how risky he is, but he's such a narcissist and believes he's smarter than everyone else.

It's definitely way too risky, but I have to admit I'm a little surprised that TC has been able to refrain from going online and gloating. Looking through his Instagram account is like looking through a 13-year-old boy's account. I half expected him to find a way to get online and start posting about how he was able to outsmart everyone. I'm sure he knows how risky he is, but he's such a narcissist and believes he's smarter than everyone else.
Well he is immature enough also to end up reaching out to someone.

I know I looked at some instances of suspected changes and was not able to find any.

Her following/follower numbers did fluctuate but that is a regular occurrence on Instagram as other people go on and offline or accept your friend requests or unfriend you.

Well he is immature enough also to end up teaching out to someone.

Let's hope this is the case. Imagine only talking to a teenager for two weeks. Even though he clearly enjoys conversations with teenagers, it has to get old after awhile.

Agree and that will be his undoing.
Look how he flaunted the school authorities and had ET back in his class after being told not to.
He acted like he was passing secret notes in class out in the open. Something will give.

Let's hope this is the case. Imagine only talking to a teenager for two weeks. Even though he clearly enjoys conversations with teenagers, it has to get old after awhile.
I don't think she will continue giving him the adoration he needs. Adoration seems more important to him than air and blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member