Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree and that will be his undoing.
Look how he flaunted the school authorities and had ET back in his class after being told not to.
He acted like he was passing secret notes in class out in the open. Something will give.
Well he also used his school account to pass notes, right under their nose, something they could have been monitoring.

That is quite arrogant.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I just don't believe she is having a good time and wants to be there, wherever she is.

Perhaps he is manipulating her by saying he will turn her in too if she outs him for an inappropriate moment between the two. She doesn't want to get in trouble, so she goes with him for what she thinks is a day trip and instead finds that she is being abducted. Since the school was genius enough to give her a suspension because of the situation with TC, it would be easy for her to believe him when he says she would be in trouble for other things, too.

Or perhaps he convinced her that her family doesn't care about her and that he does, so she sees him occasionally because she believes him and can confide in him, but she is also hesitant because he is older and it can be seen as creepy.

He may also have placed a significant weight on her, like telling her if she leaves him he would commit suicide or something. She doesn't have the experience in relationships to be empowered to break away if he is manipulating her emotionally or psychologically. She wouldn't want to "kill him" by leaving him. So she tries to detach herself slowly, but not slowly enough. This is why she hides from him at her work and asks her friend to take her back home.

These are all just guesses... thinking out loud.

I cannot believe that a 15 year old girl would be so romanced by a 50 year old man (yuck) that she would run away with him thinking they will live happily ever after. She may have been swept off of her feet at the beginning and then realized it was kinda gross and she wanted to leave, but he won't let go. And now he has kidnapped her so she can't get away.

Let's hope this is the case. Imagine only talking to a teenager for two weeks. Even though he clearly enjoys conversations with teenagers, it has to get old after awhile.

For sure. Talking to only ONE person for two weeks would get old no matter who the person is.:) That's why my husband goes for runs alone and I read by the pool alone when we go on vacation...so we stay married.;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's hope this is the case. Imagine only talking to a teenager for two weeks. Even though he clearly enjoys conversations with teenagers, it has to get old after awhile.

As a wilderness hiker/camper, I can tell you that being out there for 2 weeks with only the sound of my husband's voice has made me want to punch him in the face. Well, not really, but you know what I mean. Most teenagers I know feel the need to fill every silence with the sound of their own voices. In a wilderness setting, that kind of constant chatter would give me a complete meltdown. But, TC almost seems more immature to me than ET. If anything, I think maybe the sound of HIS voice after 2 weeks would be driving HER insane. (Especially if he's singing. UGH!)

Most of the kids I know, have more than one of each social media account.

Agreed. Insta and Finsta come to mind. Basically Instagram and their "fake" Instagram. (I do not get the purpose of the fake IG bc it's not fake at all)

I think the pressure is on him to keep her feeling safe, and entertained/busy. I can see this "you deserve the world and I'm going to give it to you" build up and now, Tad has to perform. Be a 15 year old girl wooed by lies and undying attention you so desperately need. Now throw in uncomfortable living situation, always looking over your shoulder and an every second reminder that you are in deep with a 50 year old man, that surely has been too much for her at some point. It's my opinion this girl is so broken she soaked up the attention but didn't actually think she'd find herself where she is today. She is a child. I don't care how grown up teenagers act these days, this is TOO much. A person like this, with personal troubles that equate to low self worth very often go with something they don't want to because they have no personal boundaries and feel a "yes" is owed to the person that makes them feel okay.

Reality should be setting in any day now, Hopefully.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

For sure. Talking to only ONE person for two weeks would get old no matter who the person is.:) That's why my husband goes for runs alone and I read by the pool alone when we go on vacation...so we stay married.;)

I absolutely adore spending time with my husband, but if he was the only person I had contact with for more than two weeks I really don't think our marriage would survive! Hopefully TC will reach the breaking point soon and screw up by reaching out to someone. It may be the best chance we have to find out where he is.

Agreed. Insta and Finsta come to mind. Basically Instagram and their "fake" Instagram. (I do not get the purpose of the fake IG bc it's not fake at all)
And Snapchat and there are a few encrypted chatting apps also.

Why would she leave behind an uncashed paycheck? I would think that she would have at least cashed the check and took it with her?

http://www.waynecountynow.net/single-post/2017/03/29/Keys-in-the-Elizabeth-Thomas-Disappearance-Case
Well.. She might have thought she was only going to be gone for the day, until 6 pm.

Maybe he asked her to leave for good and she said no and he then said just for the day because he was going to have to leave. She could have been uncomfortable, agreed to go for the day before he left, told her sister to tell the cops if she wasn't home by 6 pm and he didn't let her come back.

Why would she leave behind an uncashed paycheck? I would think that she would have at least cashed the check and took it with her?

http://www.waynecountynow.net/single-post/2017/03/29/Keys-in-the-Elizabeth-Thomas-Disappearance-Case

TC had her convinced he was a millionaire, so the amount of her paycheck was probably insignificant at that point. But was the check dated before she disappeared or just for hours she worked prior to disappearing? My job paid on Fridays, so if I went missing on a Monday, there would be an uncashed paycheck for me the Friday after that for hours worked the previous week.

Do we know where ET was working?

Did she work at Shoneys?

http://law.justia.com/codes/tennessee/2010/title-39/chapter-13/part-5/39-13-506/
In response to Kaa Boom from previous thread. The laws are even stricter than I knew about for this age range

A Class E Felony ≠ particularly strict. That's similar to a drunk driving charge. In other words if someone was so inclined they could commit the offense over and over, and only spend a small amount of time in the county jail, each time.

Class E Felony

Class E felonies, the least serious felonies in Tennessee, are punishable by one to six years in prison, as well as a fine of up to $3,000. (Tenn. Ann. Code § 40-35-111.)
Theft of property worth more than $500 but less than $1,000 is a class E felony. (For more information on theft penalties, see Tennessee Petty Theft and Other Theft Laws.)

I think the pressure is on him to keep her feeling safe, and entertained/busy. I can see this "you deserve the world and I'm going to give it to you" build up and now, Tad has to perform. Be a 15 year old girl wooed by lies and undying attention you so desperately need. Now throw in uncomfortable living situation, always looking over your shoulder and an every second reminder that you are in deep with a 50 year old man, that surely has been too much for her at some point. It's my opinion this girl is so broken she soaked up the attention but didn't actually think she'd find herself where she is today. She is a child. I don't care how grown up teenagers act these days, this is TOO much. A person like this, with personal troubles that equate to low self worth very often go with something they don't want to because they have no personal boundaries and feel a "yes" is owed to the person that makes them feel okay.

Reality should be setting in any day now, Hopefully.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

This is dead on, imo. And, if she is having doubts (which I can't imagine she isn't), how can she possibly express them to a man who (in his mind or her mind) has given up everything to be with her ? And if he's ever expressed the idea that he'd rather die than live without her...ugh ! What adult would know how to respond under that kind of pressure, much less a 15 year old girl?

Having a good time ? I seriously doubt that.

I just hope that if ET is having respiratory problems from seasonal allergies that TC will actually get her the help she needs and not be an egomaniac who thinks he can handle this himself. Didn't TC have previous medical experience as a respiratory therapist? Even if he did, my daughter has asthma and I know from personal experience that you can't do a whole lot of respiratory therapy if you don't have the medications for the treatment.

What I am wondering is if she uses an OTC inhaler or a prescription inhaler. That can make a big difference if she needs an Rx inhaler and he has to make do with cranberry infusions or some such natural remedy!
My hubby has had severe asthma that required multiple hospitalizations and still needs inhalers. Believe me, that look of pure panic when he could not catch his breath---or forgot his inhaler---was one of the only things that really scared me in this life.

I just don't believe she is having a good time and wants to be there, wherever she is.

Perhaps he is manipulating her by saying he will turn her in too if she outs him for an inappropriate moment between the two. She doesn't want to get in trouble, so she goes with him for what she thinks is a day trip and instead finds that she is being abducted. Since the school was genius enough to give her a suspension because of the situation with TC, it would be easy for her to believe him when he says she would be in trouble for other things, too.

Or perhaps he convinced her that her family doesn't care about her and that he does, so she sees him occasionally because she believes him and can confide in him, but she is also hesitant because he is older and it can be seen as creepy.

He may also have placed a significant weight on her, like telling her if she leaves him he would commit suicide or something. She doesn't have the experience in relationships to be empowered to break away if he is manipulating her emotionally or psychologically. She wouldn't want to "kill him" by leaving him. So she tries to detach herself slowly, but not slowly enough. This is why she hides from him at her work and asks her friend to take her back home.

These are all just guesses... thinking out loud.

I cannot believe that a 15 year old girl would be so romanced by a 50 year old man (yuck) that she would run away with him thinking they will live happily ever after. She may have been swept off of her feet at the beginning and then realized it was kinda gross and she wanted to leave, but he won't let go. And now he has kidnapped her so she can't get away.

if they are located so rural that there is not much around she may not have much around so she is staying to survive. That's part of his control.
Also it was stated she would go to his classroom to "calm down" during the stresses, so he has that influence over her. She has no way of supporting herself so right now is trying to survive if she wanted to leave but possibly is calmed by him also.

What I am wondering is if she uses an OTC inhaler or a prescription inhaler. That can make a big difference if she needs an Rx inhaler and he has to make do with cranberry infusions or some such natural remedy!
My hubby has had severe asthma that required multiple hospitalizations and still needs inhalers. Believe me, that look of pure panic when he could not catch his breath---or forgot his inhaler---was one of the only things that really scared me in this life.

She has an epi-pen her sister said but they don't know if she took it. She likely has a couple, I would guess one at the school also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member