Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True. No one is accepting that a 15 yo leaving with a 50 yo under any circumstances is right,
That said all of the statements leading up to the event have to be evaluated if they are true, plausible, or false. Comments are just comments, opinions (I mark mine as such) are informed opinions. Actions speak louder than words. It was reported (by family) what she took with her and what she left. The statements, including that she asked to return home, are only from the driving "friend" whose stories are changing and called into question. That's it, unless someone else was present. that would have had to occur between ET and the "friend" in the car and no one else present, right?

I do want to know how it is known what she was taking with her? Did the family present in the house then know what was packed?

And we actually don't know that her backpack wasn't stolen. We assume they returned to pick it up.

A quote from ET's father's lawyer that I haven't seen before:

During school hours, Elizabeth dealt with other kids calling her vicious names, such as “sl**” and “wh***,” likely because in their minds, she got the “cool teacher” in trouble. According to the father’s attorney, even staff members reportedly joined in, allegedly calling the young girl, words to the effect a “tramp.”

“The picture we’re getting from these students is there began to be a lot of students who took the side of Tad Cummins in the alleged kissing incident. And the cryptic, strange response was to ridicule her for being a sl** and a who** and this and that. And those are the kid of words, the exact words, we were told were used. And unfortunately, allegedly – this is all allegations we haven’t confirmed – but there were also similar statements, according to these sources, overheard from some teachers talking about this incident where words along those lines were used,” Whatley said.

“Let’s be clear. We don’t know which teachers. We haven’t confirmed. I know a lot of these teachers and we pray that’s not true. But that’s the report coming out. The report is also that Elizabeth heard some of these comments,” Whatley said.

“We didn’t know firsthand the nature of what was being said. That’s coming from students,” he said.

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/03/...-girl-elizabeth-thomas-for-her-own-abduction/

Great school (sad) If true that was a bad environment, only months in from home school, she was in and under tremendous pressure that this A hole took advantage of

And we actually don't know that her backpack wasn't stolen. We assume they returned to pick it up.

Is it possible that the friend who dropped her off picked it up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it possible that the friend who dropped her off picked it up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As far as we know, even the cops don't know who picked it up.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Wow--So with him being a popular teacher and his wife being on the school board,the students sided with TC. I can understand the kids view,but the staff should have known better after the kiss was reported. At least investigate it properly before coming to judgement. A lot I have read about this town doesn't add up to me. Teachers and the scholl board members are supposed to be professionals and it appears the adults acted like teenagers themselves.

I may respond with a comment that would either get me banned from the board or a job writing on Saturday Nigh Live.
How bad does it have to get to get fired there? He's popular, grooming students and faculty?
He's scene kissing (OK maybe someone said a peck but I'm thinking makeout), reprimanded and ET still goes to his class? Really? If it were my kid he would have had him fired or I pull my kid. (OK I union work rules apply here). Bad that the Dad didn't know and could not have done anything by then

One thing I try to be very careful of while posting about situations that are happening in real time, is that every word I say here is put out there for anyone to read. I don't share every thought or opinion I might have for exactly that reason. If my opinion isn't really helpful, or can actually be harmful, I try to shut my mouth. That is why, apart from his lousy singing, you don't see me sharing my every thought when it comes to Tad Cummins. He could very well be reading here. I'm not inclined to help push anyone over the edge simply because I think the whole world has to know what I think about someone or something.

I take that same approach with the innocent people in every case I involve myself with here. If I think the mother of a missing child dresses like a hussy, I keep that kind of thing to myself, because commenting on that is NOT helpful. If I think the wife of a serial killer is a blazing , I generally don't say so, because it is not helpful. Etc. Etc. In this particular case, where a child's life might depend on everyone keeping a cool head and NOT driving anyone to do anything rash, I think that's a good rule of thumb for all of us. But, I only control my own words here.

All JMO.

Very good advice.

Now where is that . :) Just kidding.

There were also reports of back and shoulder rubs in front of teachers and students.

Even people that are normally touchy feely and mean nothing by it, can't be doing that as teacher to students.

I'm sorry for her shock and humiliation, but we are looking at a serious crime against a CHILD here. She can grieve her losses LATER. JMO
Idk IMO everyone is entitled to grieve their own losses when they are feeling the grief. It doesn't take away from others grieving for ET. Maybe you are misdirecting your anger at TC onto others that he hurt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

True. No one is accepting that a 15 yo leaving with a 50 yo under any circumstances is right,
That said all of the statements leading up to the event have to be evaluated if they are true, plausible, or false. Comments are just comments, opinions (I mark mine as such) are informed opinions. Actions speak louder than words. It was reported (by family) what she took with her and what she left. The statements, including that she asked to return home, are only from the driving "friend" whose stories are changing and called into question. That's it, unless someone else was present. that would have had to occur between ET and the "friend" in the car and no one else present, right?

I do want to know how it is known what she was taking with her? Did the family present in the house then know what was packed?
I stated in #438 above why the constant questioning of whether she left willingly or not sounds like victim blaming. I ll rewrite it here in a few seconds. I need to go check in on April. :) Of course you may be new here, and just asking.

When people keep insisting that they want to know if she was willing to go on this 'adventure' or not, it does sound like victim blaming. No it is not blaming, itt is trying to understand the events leading to the abduction, that is what I will call it, and undertand the rrue events not the opinions or comments
We all know they had a relationship of some sort. Yes IG and school e-mails
We know she wasn't dragged into the car. We don't know this, just presumed and not otherwise observed.
And there is no way to know exactly what she was thinking when she was preparing to go with him, or what she thought when she got into his car, and we don't know what she's thinking now. True
All we can know is she is in danger.
Her thinking processes are going to probably be very conflicted, anyways.
Teens are often not very logical.[/ Not in this case
QUOTE]

If ET did NOT got willingly and she was kidnapped... I believe that changes things.
I believe he has her confined to a designated space and is bound unable to move freely.
IMO he is obsessed with her and is keeping her all to himself.

If she went willingly then they could be moving along. Not having to worry about her running Or getting him caught.

And the truth of it is, if she went willingly, she only thinks she did. TC has manipulated her so much that he could make her think it was willing.

No one here is victim blaming at all. Everyone knows if ET made the decision to go, she is still a victim, she has been manipulated and is in no way responsible for her situation, she is a child, he is the adult.

No one here is victim blaming at all. Everyone knows of ET made the decision to go, she is still a victim, she has been manipulated and is in no way responsible for her situation, she is a child, he is the adult.

Stated perfectly.

No one here is victim blaming at all. Everyone knows if ET made the decision to go, she is still a victim, she has been manipulated and is in no way responsible for her situation, she is a child, he is the adult.

Thousands of grown women are victims of narcissists like TC every year...they're good at what they do and can manipulate anyone. A 15-year-old girl never had a chance.

Man she was under a lot of pressure for losing a stupid key. Wow

You really don't understand the safety issue at the house. The mother kept breaking the restraining order. We were struggling to get anything done because it was so frequent. The cops were actually getting irritated about how often it was going on. So yes her losing a key could have possibly put her in danger in her own home.

So agree!

I stated in #438 above why the constant questioning of whether she left willingly or not sounds like victim blaming. I ll rewrite it here in a few seconds. I need to go check in on April. :) Of course you may be new here, and just asking.

Disagree that it it is victim blaming. She apparently was a victim all her life, and with this creep may be for the rest of her life.
That's sad
The events leading to the decision to leave at the house, in car, at the restaurant, are governed by law that she can;t voluntarily do that. But she did do it.
With no parental supervision. It is important to understand what she was doing, if not legal, but that is the context she was operating under.
That was her decision environment, right or wrong.

KAT...you mentioned that Elizabeth has facial scars. That really isn't obvious to me from any pictures that I've seen. Can you describe them in terms of where they are...cheek, forehead, chin ?

Beside her ears. They are from fingers being dug into her face while getting her head slammed into objects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBMonsterFighter