Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marking my place!! Good night all! Praying tomorrow is the day sweet Elizabeth comes home!

As far as gaslighting goes, Tina Swithin's books about recovering from this type of relationship are excellent. They are inexpensive, simple reads. Tina's situation was a bit different, but still useful for understanding gaslighting. I bet if some of the local folks who don't have an understanding of these issues read them, they would start to get it. And I'm not saying that Maury County is somehow different than anywhere else. I didn't get it either until it happened to me.
I dated a narcissist once, and when it was over it was 'What happened here!' Everyone probably knows a narcisstic but don't realize It.
The guy love bombed me but quickly grew less and less loving as I refused to marry him because he treated my grandson mean to the point I wouldn't let my grandson be with him. He kept asking for money and said if i didn't marry him he was dumping me. It hurt unreal, but I didn't marry him. I found out he married someone a couple months later. The woman bought him a truck, trailer, etc. They moved away from her family to FLA. Her family was against it because they could see he was a con artist, but she couldn't. But anyways, people dont know about these personality types, unfortunately. I got a book about it and watched videos on line. I just typed in a description of my situation and BINGO!
I try to tell my story so people will know that these personality types exist. Wolf in sheep's clothing.

Those of us who have had to listen to him sing. :wink:
I just haven't been able to bring myself to listen to the song, I mean inquiring minds want to know...but I would like to keep the little sanity I have. ..but I will most likely cave...

exactly my point pages and threads ago. we have no idea what was going on in the home hence LE and the school's hesitation to intervene.

which doesn't matter now. what matters is finding Elizabeth. IMO.

I dated a narcissist once, and when it was over it was 'What happened here!' Everyone probably knows a narcisstic but don't realize It.
The guy love bombed me but quickly grew less and less loving as I refused to marry him because he treated my grandson mean to the point I wouldn't let my grandson be with him. He kept asking for money and said if i didn't marry him he was dumping me. It hurt unreal, but I didn't marry him. I found out he married someone a couple months later. The woman bought him a truck, trailer, etc. They moved away from her family to FLA. Her family was against it because they could see he was a con artist, but she couldn't. But anyways, people dont know about these personality types, unfortunately. I got a book about it and watched videos on line. I just typed in a description of my situation and BINGO!
I try to tell my story so people will know about these personality types exist. Wolf in sheep's clothing.
There are more of them than people realize. My sister was married to a man that was finally diagnosed with NPD a couple years after they were married.

It was constant hell, everything was about him, even when my sister got pregnant and then diagnosed with her cancer returning the next week. It was all about him. It was maddening for our family until she finally left him.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

welcome to the board and yes this town seems to be living in the 1950's IMO

Agree. I don't believe elizabeth went willingly with a rational mind. I don't feel that she's living in an exotic paradise. I feel that she went with him apprehensivly, with falsely inflated hope. I feel that by now that's a distant memory and she's being held against her will. I pray that she can break free.

exactly my point pages and threads ago. we have no idea what was going on in the home hence LE and the school's hesitation to intervene.

which doesn't matter now. what matters is finding Elizabeth. IMO.
All of that was not going on in the home. I don't know what you don't get about that. The mother was removed from the home and charged by police long before this. The father was given sole custody of all the kids and the mom could have no contact with her kids.

IF the school thought there was a problem in her home, they legally MUST, NO OPTION TO NOT DO IT, contact child protective services immediately.

They would take over the case immediately and decide about the home because that is their job, not the school.

Also there is nothing at all to indicate that the school or the cops thought anything was wrong in the home. If the cops thought something was wrong, they also would have immediately contacted CPS.

This is how this works, I know this, I have had numerous foster children for years.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

You're not alone! In no way can i hear him sing...

Idk IMO everyone is entitled to grieve their own losses when they are feeling the grief. It doesn't take away from others grieving for ET. Maybe you are misdirecting your anger at TC onto others that he hurt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Beautifully stated.

I just haven't been able to bring myself to listen to the song, I mean inquiring minds want to know...but I would like to keep the little sanity I have. ..but I will most likely cave...
Wailing cat comes to mind or a screeching banchie

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Pretty much a lurker ...saying prayers for her safe return

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics