Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lurker..but this school system and community is a hot mess. This is a child missing. Taken against her rational will...unreal!
The whole state of Tennessee school system is a mess IMO. But also this whole state I feel would love nothing more than to bring ET home and help her rebuild her life in a healthy positive way MOO

:Welcome:
SC

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

i'm so sorry and at a loss for words regarding this situation. and as others have stated, thank you so much for being here.

this furthers my point about how LE and the school handled the situation...gingerly and with time to process.

as her sister, what about her belongings when she disappeared...why did she have to "borrow" another's bathing suit? any answer or none is acceptable. thank you again...
The school system failed. All abuse cases IMO should be handled as a positive until it can be determined the situation. I would rather act and protect the child then protect the abuser. If it's not true an investigation will clear them. All MOO of course

What I am wondering is if she uses an OTC inhaler or a prescription inhaler. That can make a big difference if she needs an Rx inhaler and he has to make do with cranberry infusions or some such natural remedy!
My hubby has had severe asthma that required multiple hospitalizations and still needs inhalers. Believe me, that look of pure panic when he could not catch his breath---or forgot his inhaler---was one of the only things that really scared me in this life.

I understand. My daughter has to have prescription inhalers. In fact she has two - a daily one (Breo) and her PRN one (albuterol). In fact, her asthma is worse when she has a respiratory infection and when she over exerts herself. If ET's symptoms are anything of this nature, OTC remedies absolutely will not help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting..

"She left things behind she'd need, if she knew she was going to be gone long-term she would have taken," Anthony Thomas said. "Her EpiPens, she's got really bad allergies, and she wouldn't have taken those if thought she was going to be gone any length of time."

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
And she had future plans.

He says Elizabeth worked at Chick-Fil-A and was finishing classes at church for her confirmation - even checking repeatedly with her brother James that he would be there as her sponsor when she received the sacrament.

And she bad future plans.

He says Elizabeth worked at Chick-Fil-A and was finishing classes at church for her confirmation - even checking repeatedly with her brother James that he would be there as her sponsor when she received the sacrament.

Yes :(

O/T......My daughter and I went through almost the same exact thing. I was her advocate with all the doctors, teachers, counselors, etc. I can only imagine if a child had no one they felt would "stick up" for them.

Sent from my CT9223W97 using Tapatalk

I fought tooth and nail, not just because this was my daughter, but also because I am formally educated in psychology and knew what I was talking about to a certain degree. I gave the healthcare professionals every chance in the world because I thought not only they but the school teachers and administrators as well would have her best interest at heart. I couldn't have been more wrong and was completely disgusted by a field of medicine I believed in completely. Our battle lasted 7 years and only ended when I took matters away from the mental health professionals and into my own hands. My daughter is now a senior about to graduate and has been accepted into college. Her life completely turned around when I stopped trusting the mental health professionals and school teachers and administrators. I will never again blindly trust a teacher, anyone in school administration, or anyone in the mental health field.

I just had a thought, the Nissan Rouge was the wife's car. Is it possible that the tag on the license plate will expire anytime soon?
Does anyone know?
That would get him caught faster than about anything thing else in a city that isn't aware of the Amber Alert.
If his wife has a recent birthday then he'd have almost a year.
He probably has changed plates or cars, but that could be what gets him caught.
Unless TN does tags differently.
MOO

Beside her ears. They are from fingers being dug into her face while getting her head slammed into objects.

In one photo I saw of her (the one that looks like a school ID photo with the blue camo collared button up shirt), it looks like she may have a pretty noticeable freckle on her right chin area. I didn't notice it in any other pictures, so it might just be small cut or acne or something, but it looks like a random dark freckle in that one image. Can you let us know about that, please? She doesn't appear I have any other noticeable facial freckles or beauty marks, so if there is indeed one random one right there on her right chin/cheek area, it might be something for folks to look for.

I just had a thought, the Nissan Rouge was the wife's car. Is it possible that the tag on the license plate will expire anytime soon?
Does anyone know?
That would get him caught faster than about anything thing else in a city that isn't aware of the Amber Alert.
If his wife has a recent birthday then he'd have almost a year.
He probably has changed plates or cars, but that could be what gets him caught.
Unless TN does tags differently.
MOO
Tags don't go by birthday's here. It's the month you buy and register the car that they renew

Interesting..

"She left things behind she'd need, if she knew she was going to be gone long-term she would have taken," Anthony Thomas said. "Her EpiPens, she's got really bad allergies, and she wouldn't have taken those if thought she was going to be gone any length of time."

I think the article has a typo. Shouldn't it read:

"and she WOULD have taken those if she thought she was going to be gone for any length of time".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the article has a typo. Shouldn't it read:

"and she WOULD have taken those if she thought she was going to be gone for any length of time".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah looks like it, I didn't notice that and I usually notice typos.

Has anyone else seen the article where TC was seen in a Walmart buying hair dye?

A couple things.

I wonder if TC has any serious allergies? If he does, he might have a stock of epi-pens.

I get the feeling that the father is fairly strict - and that perhaps the mother in some respects at least was less so (for example, the mention of never opening books). Perhaps ET was rebelling a bit against the tighter control, and TC led her to believe he would be less restrictive?

As to local reaction.... If I recall correctly, TC is a local, whereas ET's sister mentioned that they're originally from Indiana. I'm guessing that some of the community reaction might be "born here" vs. "came here" - especially if they're viewing the family that "came" as bringing problems with them (such as the mother breaking the restraining order.)

Did I miss something with the allergy thought?

Do you think this other student that just came forward is truthful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cases