Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No argument from me. I know that LE has a lot more surveillance from that same store as well. All of the checkout counters have them, the majority of the parking lots have them. Not only that, but there would be many other businesses close to that Walmart that would also have cameras.

It seems like to me the most important thing to try and establish right now is direction of travel. These shots at Walmart were daytime shots, so it appears. That means that LE should be able to pull video tapes from nearby businesses and simply hop-scotch across town and follow the rogue as it travels. Of course, with this tip being over two weeks old, there's no telling how many cameras may have recorded over the previous footage by now. Many of the newer camera setups will record a full 30 days before the DVR fills up and starts recording over previous stuff. They might get lucky.
Exactly steelman---And notifying the public in nearby states was crucial so we can get a sighting--16 days later they can be anywhere in the country (or world)--This is basically useless information now---Anyhow, I just get upset over this, because I am worried about ET as we all are, and with my background, I know there is a way to expediate tips faster than 16 days.

I agree with those who say time is (was) of the essence here.
All the other details can be worked out later, finding her ASAP is (should be) main priority and focus.
As With most cases, I believe LE may know a little more then they are letting on.

Exactly steelman---And notifying the public in nearby states was crucial so we can get a sighting--16 days later they can be anywhere in the country (or world)--This is basically useless information now---Anyhow, I just get upset over this, because I am worried about ET as we all are, and with my background, I know there is a way to expediate tips faster than 16 days.

There has been conflicting reporting, some saying LE had this tip on 15th, some saying they had it only yesterday.

Personally, them having it on the 15th seems unlikely to me. The AA only went out late on the 14th IIRC, and even then it was only to TN and AL initially. Very unlikely that most people in OKC had heard about this case by then. Our first thread for ET wasn't started until around 7:30 on the 14th.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-abductor-tad-cummins-seen-new-photos-n741241
[FONT=&amp]TBI reported on Friday that their investigators had obtained and confirmed surveillance images of Thomas with the former teacher at a Wal-Mart located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, on Thursday night. The sighting came via an anonymous tip reported on March 15.
So according to this,the tip was reported on March 15 and TBI confirmed it yesterday. So 16 days to confirm a sighting,and now they are long gone. Unbelievable. Losing faith in TBI[/FONT]

But maybe they purposefully did not report it?

If you pause the video in certain areas, ET is talking, TC smirks a little, and so does ET.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Yep. Although I can't blame them as I would do the same thing. They released the creepiest still frame from the video.

Filing for divorce doesn't mean they are able to marry other people right now. Divorces can take a while. It will take at least 60 days after filing before she can get a default judgment. But it's going to be pretty hard for a fugitive and his victim to get a valid marriage license in the US, even if he is divorced.

Now south of the border, that may be a different story. But again, I think they would stand out big time in Mexico. And without parental consent, the marriage age there is 18. In Panama, it is 18, no exceptions. Do they have forged documents?

Yeah, a divorce isn't going to stop him. He obviously takes what he wants

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also think poor journalism is at fault for some of these inconsistencies in various reports.
Journalism isn't what it used to be!

I'm wondering about his cash supply. He knows it's limited and he intends to stay hidden for a long time if not forever....

Could he be looking into jobs/gigs to make quick bucks along the way?

Where could he possibly work that won't do background checks or give a crap who you are?

Thoughts on ET's unkept appearance...

IT could be that they had to back track/ re-route after entering Alabama. What better way to throw off LE by literally going back the opposite direction? It's very possible they slept in the car and made almost a straight shot from Alabama to Oklahoma.

I'd look like that after 24+ hours in a car...
I agree on the way she looks. It's definitely a road trip just here for comfort look. My problem when I first looked at the picture is the contrast of the 2 of them. His jeans and shirt aren't even wrinkled, as far as I can tell anyhow. You'd think if you were sleeping in the car and no time to change, you'd have some baggy wrinkled jeans by day 2.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

There has been conflicting reporting, some saying LE had this tip on 15th, some saying they had it only yesterday.

Personally, them having it on the 15th seems unlikely to me. The AA only went out late on the 14th IIRC, and even then it was only to TN and AL initially. Very unlikely that most people in OKC had heard about this case by then. Our first thread for ET wasn't started until around 7:30 on the 14th.

It's baffling to me that anyone would believe media over LE. (Especially NBC, who had a headline the other day with Elizabeth's name WRONG!) :facepalm:

Some people just like to bash LE every chance they get, I guess. WS has always been an LE friendly forum, and that's why I choose to be here. It's frustrating sometimes when people think they actually know what a real investigation like this is all about. It's not a TV show or movie. It's real.

I'll take LE's word for it...for now. If they come out and say the tip came in on the 15th and they're just now getting around to it, I'll be deeply disappointed. (and shocked)

I agree on the way she looks. It's definitely a road trip just here for comfort look. My problem when I first looked at the picture is the contrast of the 2 of them. His jeans and shirt aren't even wrinkled, as far as I can tell anyhow. You'd think if you were sleeping in the car and no time to change, you'd have some baggy wrinkled jeans by day 2.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

This stuff is amazing!
556ad32c-f981-44ad-8647-b531cde82836_1.74b175518e094bfd0ecb7b2e08dce9d3.jpeg

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nehemiah...49851&wl11=online&wl12=44054706&wl13=&veh=sem

If he is headed for California then I wonder if he is planning to cross the border into Mexico at Tijuana. That is a very busy crossing and things may be different now but several years ago I drove right through to Mexico without any border stop. Now going the other way is different though. There are also a lot of beaches that they could park at and use the facilities to clean up at. Many beaches also have fire pits right on the beach.

I think they both could use just one box. I use one box and my hair is twice as long as ET's.

Also if her hair is thin she could use less. I can use half on my very thick, though shorter hair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's baffling to me that anyone would believe media over LE. (Especially NBC, who had a headline the other day with Elizabeth's name WRONG!) :facepalm:

Some people just like to bash LE every chance they get, I guess. WS has always been an LE friendly forum, and that's why I choose to be here. It's frustrating sometimes when people think they actually know what a real investigation like this is all about. It's not a TV show or movie. It's real.

I'll take LE's word for it...for now. If they come out and say the tip came in on the 15th and they're just now getting around to it, I'll be deeply disappointed. (and shocked)

Like I said before, my husband is a cop and I'm usually willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. But they're also human, and if it turns out they did screw up, there's nothing we can do at this point except try to move past it.

When Ted Bundy escaped from jail and fled to Florida he made the FBI's Most Wanted list...but the FBI couldn't find him. He ended up getting nailed by a small town patrol officer who had no idea who he was at first. If TBI screwed up, let's just hope the men and women in blue across the country can pick up the slack for them.

TC ET 1.jpg

TC ET 2.jpg

TC ET 3.jpg

TC ET 4.jpg

TC ET 5 .jpg

The TBI says based on a tip received on Thursday, they recovered surveillance footage which showed Cummins and Thomas at a Walmart on East I-240 Service Road in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma on March 15, 2017. The video was taken two days after Thomas disappeared on March 13, 2017. The TBI says Cummins appears to have darkened his hair. The images show Thomas may currently have red hair.

Frame by fame stills of the moving video as they get closer to you......First 5

5 more to follow

I can't imagine what her father feels like. Especially with yesterdays false alarm. I feel terrible for him and her siblings. Heck I even feel bad for Jill Cummins. She reported Tad missing before the child was even reported so she did what she had to do in the end.
Fwiw I'm not at all bashing the family for their reporting time. I'm just stating that Jill Cummins called tad Cummins in as missing first. I think the families both did great.

Can say our local news is reporting TBI received the top yesterday.I agree with you about LE As a I have said before the TBI is an excellent division of LE. I wouldn't live here if I didn't feel confident in their abilities. WSMV Nashville and Newschannel 5 are both saying they received the top yesterday FWIW

💘 💘Love always wins 💘 💘

I definitely feel like Elizabeth looks unkept in the images. It actually brought tears to my eyes seeing them and that says a lot because I'm usually unemotional on these cases.
When compared to the photos her family released, I believe the Walmart photos show that she looks unkept. Her hair is clumpy looking and that flannel must be his because it's way too large.
If I had to guess, I'd say at that point they may have spent the night in a hotel ​and dyed their hair then continued on.
He looks like more of a creeper with the facial hair dyed six shades darker then the hair on his head. SMH.
IMO.

And his bangs are all messed up. In pretty much all of his previous pictures they are really plastered down. He looks stressed. Maybe life on the run with a 15 year old is wearing Gramps down?

Thank you steelman for the frame by frame! I'm on my cell phone sitting in an airport waiting on a delayed flight so couldn't do that myself but was very curious to see the frame by frame!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro