GUILTY TN - Maurice Brown, 3, Memphis, 1 July 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Reminds me so much of Bianca Jones' "disappearance"...

I have always been quickly suspicious of parent(s) who "knew" right away who 'kidnapped' their child...

Maurice deserves to have top billing...up you go.

So very sad to read the latest commercial appeal article that IMO pretty much describeslittle Maurice's murder scene.. blood spatter.. drops and pools of blood. Combined with neighbor seeing Maurice draped over dads shoulder when leaving in the 7:00 hour.. that gives him 3+ hours to have hidden/disposed of little Maurice's body...

Hope they are able to find his little body..."dad" not being the brightest bulb makes me have great hope that they'll be able to find him...this poor momma...

When will it ever stop?

I want to point out ,that Shelby county's last 200 arrest only includes 17 white people which leads me question how that is ..

This doesn't surprise, Soulmagent. I spent about 13 years in Memphis; it is about 70% black , so that high number of them arrested is pretty common.

I get so angry as we see this scene repeated over and over again. How could anyone be opposed to the death penalty in these violent cases?

Poor Maurice....I pray he is found today.

Potty training....??? Parents harm their children because they have a potty accident? Wow. The fact this may have happened to this child is horriffic, and I never realized such things could cause a parent to harm their child. I just don't get it.

Happens all the time, sadly.

In fact, it's one of the theories in JonBenet's death. :(

He was arrested for neglect and endangerment? Are they just looking for a way to hold him while waiting for forensics on the car and the bath towel?

Yes. Very common. Not enough proof yet that he actually killed the child, but trust me... it's coming.

Hate to quote myself above , but here it is:

"He told officers his son wet his pants, and that he threatened to spank him. Instead, the father told police, he made his son change his clothes, then sat him down in front of the television."

Sorry but I think that tells the story. Dad got mad because his toddler wet his pants. How many times have we seen this trigger violence? What is it about potty training that makes some parents lose their freakin minds?

It's not just potty accidents, anything can trigger this violence towards kids, and most of them try to shift the blame to the child. They wet their pants, they woke him up while he was napping, they were playing too loud while he was watching t.v., they sassed or talked back or didn't do what they were told to do. It happens far too often.
You can blame the mothers because they shouldn't have trusted the guy but in some cases, if there are no family members close by and the mom has to go to work, and can't pay a daycare or a reliable babysitter, they think they have no other choice.
ETA: In this case, though, the child was visiting his dad, so the above sentence wouldn't apply but it does in so many other cases.

http://www.waff.com/story/18939907/father-of-missing-3-year-old-in-court-today-after-evidence-is-found-in-his-home

The father of a missing Mid-South child is scheduled to appear in court Tuesday on charges of aggravated child neglect or endangerment.

Memphis Police Director Toney Armstrong said there has been a significant amount of evidence collected at the scene, and the evidence led police to believe it was necessary to charge the child's father.

And while there seems to be evidence that something likely happened in the bathroom, Armstrong said he does not want to speculate as to the child's condition.

So sad. So unnecessary.

Are they going to search for the baby or just wait on dad to spill the story?

I wonder if the witness saw Sr get into his vehicle when he left. I assume it's been thoroughly checked, but I see on Google maps that there is a dumpster in the parking lot.

Does anyone know where the 1 year old was when the dad "allegedly" carried the older son over his shoulder and left?

I feel for the mom (especially if she was court ordered to let dad have visitation).

Does anyone know where the 1 year old was when the dad "allegedly" carried the older son over his shoulder and left?

Nobody has said yet. I guess we can assume the 1 y/o was left alone or someone else is involved at some level. Either is possible.

I'm suprised he didn't try to clean up the blood all over the bathroom before he called LE...? If he was carrying him Dad's clothes would have been covered in blood too. I wonder if they found blood on his clothes?

I don't understand why this keeps happening. These precious children do not deserve this. Maurice you have a beautiful smile and I pray you didn't suffer to much. So sorry little man.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiyasofya
Back