Found Safe TN - MCET, 15, Abducted by Teacher, in Maury County, 13 March 2017 #16 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
TC's latest excuse that he was trying to "help" ET is absurd. The federal charges are pretty broad and don't really depend on ET's feelings. You can't transport minors across state lines for the purpose of raping them. Based on the sister's interview, TC wants to paint them as 2 young lovers (15 and 16) running away. Well, that's not what happened. I'm not really worried about the Tennessee law when the Federal law applies. The Feds have jurisdiction once you cross state lines.

I usually not one for making predictions but I think ultimately TC will plead to Federal charges in exchange for dropping some of the state ones. He may be trying to drum up mitigation now, but if I were his lawyer, I'd know at the end of the day the facts are the facts and you can't mitigate yourself out of statutory rape. JMO!

The primary take-away from the sisters interview was showing/projecting what his defense will be against fed charges. His "intent" was to save her from harm/help her, vs. the charge he has against him which is sexual, and would label him forever also as a SO status wherever he goes for the rest of his life.

If nothing more, the sister's interview was a projection (first to the world sort of information) that told the world what he intends for his defense against the federal charges.

:moo: :cow:

The legal system doesn't give a rat's rear whether you think you broke the law or not.

" Well, Your Honor, yes I did point a gun at my grandmother's head and pull the trigger, but I didn't think I was committing murder."

" I see. Well then, case dismissed."

Riiiight.

I'm not criticizing his sister for doing the interview, to me, it actually supports what many on here have been saying for weeks that he targeted ET and now he's using her to justify his actions. Is it unusual, since he's incarcerated, to be able to talk to his sister three times over the weekend?

Thank you for posting this. I have seen a lot of posts calling TC sister dumb, etc. I think it maybe was not a great idea for her to relay his 'take' that he has given her as to why he did what he did, because now many people seem to be taking that as though she agrees. I didn't think it seemed like that at all. She said what he did is a horrible thing, and that he has to understand his family won't take him back, etc (paraphrasing), and implied that even though he did horrible things he's still her brother and she loves him. Maybe she could have also left the latter out, but sometimes it is hard to see family for what they really are. My uncle had an inappropriate relationship with his stepdaughter. No one realized it until years after he and her mother divorced. A switch flipped and step daughter called police on him (she was about 26 at the time, but claimed that their sexual relationship started when she was 17). We were never close with my uncle because he led a different lifestyle than the rest of the family, but it was still shocking to hear some of the details unfold. My mom was so disgusted with him, but still accepted his phone calls for about a year because she said well he's still my brother what can I do (both of their parents were dead). After about a year, probably less but I can't remember, my mom decided to stop taking his phone calls because she realized that even though biologically he was still her brother, he still had no remorse, and that's the amount of time it took for her to fully realize he was not the same person anymore that he once was; that he never would be; it was in a way like grieving a loss. Maybe he's not dead physically, but the decent person he once was sure is. Maybe it will just take TC sister time to grieve that loss. Maybe she too is in shock that he turned out to do such horrible things. It sure does seem like he led a 'double life' before he left TN. I just feel like at this time she, too, is a victim in the situation, and we should tread lightly as far as calling her dumb etc. I don't think she supports what TC has done in the least bit. All JMO Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for this post. I, too, believe that a family member relating what TC told her is not the same as her "defending" his choices - especially since she seems well-aware that those choices were seriously wrong and that he is going to be facing the equally serious consequences. I think you (and tlcya) have stated this well.Throwing out something else here (and I'm sure it won't be stated quite so well): while I understand the triggering rage behind some of the posts in here in response to TC's sister's interview, I personally am uncomfortable with posts adamantly psychoanalyzing the presumed "co-dependent" dynamics of his family based on the sister's relay of what he told her. I have family members who are professional counselors, and have been in counseling myself (as I suspect several others in here have, as a result of stress, trauma, etc.) so am familiar with all the terminology. But, honestly...it's a projecting leap for those on the outside (that would be all of us except for the verified insiders) to claim to have any actual knowledge of TC's family dynamics based on this one interview. Making inferences based on no actual historic presence in that family dynamic is, in essence, making inferences based on one's own experience in an assumed-to-be similar situation. In my opinion (and I know this won't be popular), TC's family are also victims in this mess--though certainly to a lesser degree. It doesn't take away from my support for ET one iota to acknowledge how many others are also dealing with the painful fallout of this man's actions.

Humm ... "silly hormone stuff..." What is that? Does Mr. Tad Cummins have some silly hormone stuff, possibly?
His "plumbing" only works with the assistance of medication, hormones aren't enough. To actually fill the meds be fore "helping" the girl escape proves what his real intentions were.
As far as the vacuum "filters", please, please don't let that be related to any type of pump these men with "issues" use. No child should ever have to see one of those! Sadly, that is exactly where my mind went. MOO

Sent from my DL1008M using Tapatalk

Well i think she definitely needs some healing time from this fiasco initially, and guess everything else will fall into place in due course IMO.

I have found, that it seems no matter what the human mind goes through (trauma wise - grief, betrayal, victimization, etc.) finding little, normal, everyday kinds of things to distract yourself from, helps you get back into a "normal" state of mind. Of course she's going to need a boatload of supports, but it's entirely possible doing something as mundane as school work will be a big help to her.

moo

The legal system doesn't give a rat's rear whether you think you broke the law or not.

" Well, Your Honor, yes I did point a gun at my grandmother's head and pull the trigger, but I didn't think I was committing murder."

" I see. Well then, case dismissed."

Riiiight.
You watch famous lawyers will crawl out of the muddy sludge to create a team to defend this dirty old man.

Thanks for this post. I, too, believe that a family member relating what TC told her is not the same as her "defending" his choices - especially since she seems well-aware that those choices were seriously wrong and that he is going to be facing the equally serious consequences. I think you (and tlcya) have stated this well.Throwing out something else here (and I'm sure it won't be stated quite so well): while I understand the triggering rage behind some of the posts in here in response to TC's sister's interview, I personally am uncomfortable with posts adamantly psychoanalyzing the presumed "co-dependent" dynamics of his family based on the sister's relay of what he told her. I have family members who are professional counselors, and have been in counseling myself (as I suspect several others in here have, as a result of stress, trauma, etc.) so am familiar with all the terminology. But, honestly...it's a projecting leap for those on the outside (that would be all of us except for the verified insiders) to claim to have any actual knowledge of TC's family dynamics based on this one interview. Making inferences based on no actual historic presence in that family dynamic is, in essence, making inferences based on one's own experience in an assumed-to-be similar situation. In my opinion (and I know this won't be popular), TC's family are also victims in this mess--though certainly to a lesser degree. It doesn't take away from my support for ET one iota to acknowledge how many others are also dealing with the painful fallout of this man's actions.

Posts are generally followed by IMO or JMO. It's an opinion, not a diagnosis

His "plumbing" only works with the assistance of medication, hormones aren't enough. To actually fill the meds be fore "helping" the girl escape proves what his real intentions were.
As far as the vacuum "filters", please, please don't let that be related to any type of pump these men with "issues" use. No child should ever have to see one of those! Sadly, that is exactly where my mind went. MOO

Sent from my DL1008M using Tapatalk

BBM - Would those filters have numbers? I am not familiar with them and really hadn't thought of that either.

I have found, that it seems no matter what the human mind goes through (trauma wise - grief, betrayal, victimization, etc.) finding little, normal, everyday kinds of things to distract yourself from, helps you get back into a "normal" state of mind. Of course she's going to need a boatload of supports, but it's entirely possible doing something as mundane as school work will be a big help to her.

moo

I totally agree and was going to post the same thought. Getting back into a daily routine (work, school/studies, sports, hobbies) may be very helpful. IMHO.

:cow:

No I cannot bring myself to name this thread after him - but I can redact the victim name to initials in the thread title right now. As the days progress it is my hope that more media will follow suit and then we will require her name be redacted to initials in member posts (including snips from articles which may still name her). A heads up, members redacting now in their posts will save me and others quite a bit of work later.

Thanks tlcya. I understand not wanting to name the thread after him. I guess my thinking is that from now on it's all about what this creep did, not so much about ET. But keeping her initials on the thread does remind us that she is the victim.

moo

Yes i agree. There is comfort in some of the normal familiar things at times of great stress, IMO

If I'm understanding the following article correctly, it is not uncommon to plead "not guilty" at arraignment then change to "guilty" down the line. "Not guilty" seems to be the norm at arraignments, in fact. (Basically, I now know that I don't have to punch a hole in a wall if TC pleads NG as this is apparently standard procedure.)

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/how-should-i-plead-arraignment.html

Since he is incarcerated and has already spoken to his sister 3 times, is he already getting special privileges?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

You watch famous lawyers will crawl out of the muddy sludge to create a team to defend this dirty old man.

A local attorney already did. He put a statement out before TC was even found. It was so repulsive, he retracted it. My guess, he was hoping to make a name for himself and lighten the C family savings in the process, but he made it quite well known he's available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabrinalyyn