Found Safe TN - MCET, 15, Abducted by Teacher, in Maury County, 13 March 2017 #17 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a doubt in my mind that JC was compensated for her Inside Edition interview. But, whether or not it helps how people perceive her, maybe JC just plain needs the money.

TC won't be contributing in any way toward raising the kids anytime soon. He most likely cleaned out the bank accounts in addition to taking out the cash for car title loan.

It takes money to keep food on the table and the lights on. I don't know what kind of credit card or loan balances JC and TC have but JC is going to be the one who will pay them off.

Which means JC probably has to divorce TC so she won't be liable for any of the bills he racks up in legal expenses. So TC's whiny calls probably won't get him anywhere.

Lawyers, if JC divorces TC at what point is she no longer responsible for TC's bills?

But other people react differently because we are not all the same. I would lash out too if in pain, it's quite normal to do so when hurting badly.

Let's say you and a neighbor are driving in a car together. And you get hit by a drunk driver and both sustain injuries. Do you lash out at the driver or at your neighbor?

Sure. I've lashed out in pain before...at the person who caused me the pain. Not another victim of that person.

Exactly! I dont think we should be bashing JC for her comments or ET in this case. TC is the one who is responsible. We can share our opinions and speculate but none of us know how JC and ET are feeling. ET probably hasnt seen the interview and hopefully will have alot of therapy under her belt before having to deal with things other than her own healing.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yes. TC is responsible for what he did to ET and his family. But JC is responsible for her comments about ET.

It's like you're saying we can't be upset at someone for doing something wrong because over here, someone else did another thing wrong that is vastly worse.

TC is the perp in this case. Anyone else who further harms his victim through neglect, exploitation, or blame, is doing wrong as well.

Not a doubt in my mind that JC was compensated for her Inside Edition interview. But, whether or not it helps how people perceive her, maybe JC just plain needs the money.

TC won't be contributing in any way toward raising the kids anytime soon. He most likely cleaned out the bank accounts in addition to taking out the cash for car title loan.

It takes money to keep food on the table and the lights on. I don't know what kind of credit card or loan balances JC and TC have but JC is going to be the one who will pay them off.

Which means JC probably has to divorce TC so she won't be liable for any of the bills he racks up in legal expenses. So TC's whiny calls probably won't get him anywhere.

Lawyers, if JC divorces TC at what point is she no longer responsible for TC's bills?

Someone noted on FB, and I think I agree, many people are being supportive of JC accepting money for interviews while being critical of ET's family accepting money for interviews (I'm not saying they have, but I wouldn't care if they did).

I don't get it.

Agree. It is nothing unusual either for teens to be having intimate relationships, that has been going on forever. They seem to be starting even younger these days. I think i was around 16 when i had my first boyfriend. I was 19 when i first got married and pregnant. Most mothers put their daughter on the pill by age 16 as a precaution nowadays, or at least i know of some that have. I am in no way saying it is okay what TC did. He used ET's vulnerabities against her, and triple shame on him for that.
But i wonder what we would be saying if ET had runaway with a 18 yr. old instead? I think the whole issue here boils down to her going off with a man old enough to be her grandfather. It's really very disgusting IMO. Even her friends on IG were telling her it was messed up.

If she went with an 18 year old who is not her teacher, for God's sake, the massively illegal imbalance of power would not exist. So yes. The outrage would understandably be much less.

Just from reading around on the net. and this student/teacher stuff is really an eye opener. From what i'm reading there seem to be a lot of male students compared to female students as victims to their perps. female teachers. For example:
(quote)
Florida Epidemic: Teachers Sleeping with Students
It doesn't help that society already brings a double standard to these cases, the notion that somehow it isn't as harmful for a boy to be seduced by a woman as it is for a girl to have sex with a man. In fact, it's not uncommon in the wake of news like Hernandez's arrest to hear morning-radio jocks in Florida declare congratulatory high-fives for the boys.
http://content.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1901762,00.html
What on earth is wrong with this world? It just gets crazier by the day IMO.

If she went with an 18 year old who is not her teacher, for God's sake, the massively illegal imbalance of power would not exist. So yes. The outrage would understandably be much less.

I guess my point was really what the heck did she see in that old goat? Ewwww.

Someone noted on FB, and I think I agree, many people are being supportive of JC accepting money for interviews while being critical of ET's family accepting money for interviews (I'm not saying they have, but I wouldn't care if they did).

I don't get it.

Who says anyone got any money out of this fiasco? I haven't seen that anywhere?

Who says anyone got any money out of this fiasco? I haven't seen that anywhere?

I was responding to someone who has the opinion JC got compensated for her interview. No one knows for sure.

I really don't understand why the rules of this forum are being thrown out the window where Jill Cummins is concerned. If members were bashing anyone in the Thomas family for anything they said in an interview, our mods would step in and put a stop to that in an instant. But another innocent family member in this case is just fair game for outrageous speculation and insult ? Who's next ? The Cummins' daughters ? Afterall, let's not forget that they had the nerve to go on TV and say that they still loved their father and forgive him.

I don't believe it is "victim bashing" to express disgust at victim bashing.

I empathize with JC for what she has gone through at the hands of that man. I am appalled that she is further damaging the child victim of her husband and blaming her for what a 50 year old predator manipulated her into doing.

It would be like if a wife finds out her beloved husband is a rapist, after years of a happy marriage and no indications he was anything but and upstanding citizen and loving family man, and she then says, "I'm appalled by what my husband did. He destroyed our family. Oh and that woman he raped should not have worn such a short skirt."

At the date of separation she ceases to be responsible for bills incurred by him after that date. At least in family court. But technically, creditors aren't bound by family court laws. They can hound her.

However, unless their joint "estate" is large, they're unlikely to get anything from her due to debt incurred by him alone after date of separation.

Certainly, he alone is responsible for any legal contract (retainer agreement) he enters into after separation. But a creditor can go after his portion of any joint property they have unless she takes measures to divide it or make it in her name alone.

There are other variables in the law that might impact this issue depending on the state.

I would advise her to open a separate bank account at a different bank
and put any money left from a joint account in that. And to file for divorce immediately after that.

But it does not appear that these people had much to begin with.

The commune may get Internet after this...

"The electricity-free Siskiyou County commune where 15-year-old Elizabeth Thomas stayed with alleged captor Tad Cummins may join the digital age so that it doesn't unknowingly harbor a fugitive again."

"Greenberg, who doesn't live at the property but did meet Thomas and Cummins while visiting, said the duo seemed "a bit uncomfortable" with the Black Bear Ranch lifestyle, including social norms there that encourage residents help out with chores and foster a sense of community with each other. "

"While there are Christians among the half-dozen residents at the commune near Cecilville, Goldberg said Thomas and Cummins were "very clear" about their own Christian faith, which may have led to clashes with some. "

http://www.redding.com/story/news/c...-internet-after-missing-teen-snafu/101044098/

Would JC feel the same if it was someone of the same age as ET, but someone she did not know?
Perhaps she feels slighted and upset because she is taking it personally because she does know the victim?
I offer no opinion, as I have none. I, however, am trying to figure out why she thinks the way she does.
The future is not set in stone, and who knows, she could have a revelation later and feel differently. Now that is my opinion. :)

IMOO.

Let's say you and a neighbor are driving in a car together. And you get hit by a drunk driver and both sustain injuries. Do you lash out at the driver or at your neighbor?

Sure. I've lashed out in pain before...at the person who caused me the pain. Not another victim of that person.

Yes. TC is responsible for what he did to ET and his family. But JC is responsible for her comments about ET.

It's like you're saying we can't be upset at someone for doing something wrong because over here, someone else did another thing wrong that is vastly worse.

TC is the perp in this case. Anyone else who further harms his victim through neglect, exploitation, or blame, is doing wrong as well.

I wonder if she does not see it exactly that way yet. She may feel that she was in the car with her neighbor, and not only did she get hit with a drunk driver, but she may feel that there was a co-pilot, both drunk, with one steering the wheel and the other person with the foot on the gas. It doesn't make it right, but it could be how she perceives what she felt happened to her.

IMOO.

I guess my point was really what the heck did she see in that old goat? Ewwww.

It is gross. I think we all had that initial reaction. But the facts of this case explain her "bond" to her abuser. And they've been repeated so many times by so many people on this forum:

ET was a lonely, isolated child who had been previously abused and was thus vulnerable to further abuse, as studies show.

She also had to suddenly adapt to a public school setting, trying to socialize with kids her age for the first time, trying to catch up on a neglected education, feeling insecure and alone.

As one child in a large family that suddenly became a single parent home, a parent who had to deal with working to provide for the economic needs of his kids, while coping with the CPS case and the abuse charges against his wife, and trying to be there for everyone at the same time, it is probable that ET and her specific needs got lost in the shuffle.

So here she was, vulnerable due to abuse. Vulnerable due to insecurity. Vulnerable due to loneliness and unmet needs. Vulnerable due to not belonging and fitting in with her peers.

And here comes a sneaking predator. But one who wrapped up its claws and fangs in a benign, friendly, engaging, fatherly, Christian, concerned, attentive, flattering, understanding disguise.

Over a period of several months, that predator made his victim feel safe. Secure. Understood. Heard. Special. Pretty. Important. Needed. Loved.

So she became ensnared. She finally began receiving the "medicine" she needed to heal her sad, lonely and broken heart. That the medicine had a bitter aftertaste set off a small alarm bell deep in her subconscious. In her gut. But the healing affects of the "medicine" were so good that she ignored the slight sense of fear that came with each gulp.

It was too late by the time she realized the medicine had just been a nicely wrapped poison all along and her savior, her rescuer, was actually her poisoner, in artful disguise.

That's what happened to ET. That's what she "saw" in him.

ET's life has been a series of affronts and assaults and neglect. Her life has been a tragedy. I don't know how a kid comes from such sadness and betrayal and can learn to trust anyone ever again.

And I don't know how anyone who knows her tragic circumstances can try to compare her with, or question her thinking in relation to, the average person.

There is sadly nothing average about this kid at all.

:goodpost:

It is gross. I think we all had that initial reaction. But the facts of this case explain her "bond" to her abuser. And they've been repeated so many times by so many people on this forum:

ET was a lonely, isolated child who had been previously abused and was thus vulnerable to further abuse, as studies show.

She also had to suddenly adapt to a public school setting, trying to socialize with kids her age for the first time, trying to catch up on a neglected education, feeling insecure and alone.

As one child in a large family that suddenly became a single parent home, a parent who had to deal with working to provide for the economic needs of his kids, while coping with the CPS case and the abuse charges against his wife, and trying to be here for everyone at the same time, it is probable that ET and her specific needs got lost in the shuffle.

So here she was, vulnerable due to abuse. Vulnerable due to insecurity. Vulnerable due to loneliness and unmet needs. Vulnerable due to not belonging and fitting in with her peers.

And here comes a sneaking predator. But one who wrapped up its claws and fangs in a benign, friendly, engaging, fatherly, Christian, concerned, attentive, flattering, understanding disguise.

Over a period of several months, that predator made his victim feel safe. Secure. Understood. Heard. Special. Pretty. Important. Needed. Loved.

So she became ensnared. She finally began receiving the "medicine" she needed to heal her sad, lonely and broken heart. That the medicine had a bitter aftertaste set off a small alarm bell deep in her subconscious. In her gut. But the healing affects of the "medicine" were so good that she ignored the slight sense of fear that came with each gulp.

It was too late by the time she realized the medicine had just been a nicely wrapped poison all along and her savior, her rescuer, was actually her poisoner, in artful disguise.

ET's life has been a series of affronts and assaults and neglect. Her life has been a tragedy. I don't know how a kid comes from such sadness and betrayal and can learn to trust anyone ever again.

And I don't know how anyone who knows her tragic circumstances can try to compare her with, or question her thinking in relation to, the average person.

I wish this post was required reading for every person in Maury County.

Gitana, if only you could prosecute.

IMO, Justice in this case requires the jury to see all of the points in your post and then some.

ET is not responsible for the crime. She is not the cause of the crime.

As far as JC, she holds no responsibility for the crime either. Many relatives, however, have gone on national TV to apologize for the crimes of their brother, father, husband, wife, etc. just the same. As a mother figure to ET one might have hoped such words were spoken.

Waiting for justice now......

As one child in a large family that suddenly became a single parent home, a parent who had to deal with working to provide for the economic needs of his kids, while coping with the CPS case and the abuse charges against his wife, and trying to be there for everyone at the same time, it is probable that ET and her specific needs got lost in the shuffle.

Perfect opening statement! Explains his motive and process, her vulnerability and the sad, sad, sad outcome that has marked her forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member