Found Safe TN - MCET, 15, Abducted by Teacher, in Maury County, 13 March 2017 #17 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had family members commit crimes that made the news.
Never would I be interviewed! Even if I was 110% supportive of them. I would not add to the media attention.
I never understand those that do.

Trying to put myself in her shoes. She's only known adult life with him. She's probably deferred every decision she's made to him. Now she's abandoned, broke and humiliated along with devastated by losing her husband - who should be her protector and provider. To me, the big slap in her face was for TC to leave her stranded at work and with NO way to drive herself anywhere knowing she didn't drive a stick. That's a real a$$hole.

I don't want to :deadhorse: but I totally agree with you.

JC has invested 30 years in this man and he didn't just leave her, he left her holding the bag. He left her with very little money and he stole HER car. He left her to deal with the divorce, the loan he took out, probably the car payments on the car he stole, he left her to explain to the police and to the media that he left her a note and she had no idea what was going on. Now she has to survive on less than half the income they used to have, and they were struggling with two incomes. People are judging her, 'how could she not know', 'why is she talking to the media'; photographers snapped a picture of her walking her dog a week or so ago. She was still in love with him and he threw her away like an old shoe, like she meant absolutely nothing to him. She has to be suffering unimaginable pain. I just truly hope that she has some real, true friends who will support her through this nightmare.

:cow:

I have had family members commit crimes that made the news.
Never would I be interviewed! Even if I was 110% supportive of them. I would not add to the media attention.
I never understand those that do.

The motivation of the family for being in the video is only known by them, of course. But guessing....maybe to persuade others of TC's innocence or of jc's lack of knowledge/responsibility.
What stood out to me was the 'no problems' in the marriage statement. Really? Also, I like JC, but I do get more of a resentment vibe towards mcet then I do towards her husband, when they talked about helpin mcet by talking her to church.

was ET a diabetic ? the tv show says she left her medicine behind ? That is dangerous and you feel so bad when you sugar is high

The motivation of the family for being in the video is only known by them, of course. But guessing....maybe to persuade others of TC's innocence or of jc's lack of knowledge/responsibility.
What stood out to me was the 'no problems' in the marriage statement. Really? Also, I like JC, but I do get more of a resentment vibe towards mcet then I do towards her husband, when they talked about helpin mcet by talking her to church.

ywah I caught that too the " im a little angry" are whatever it was she said about ET and what their family had, " she was aware of what we had" Are you kidding me ? warped to say the least

was ET a diabetic ? the tv show says she left her medicine behind ? That is dangerous and you feel so bad when you sugar is high

She had food allergies and needed an EpiPen which she left behind.

I don't want to :deadhorse: but I totally agree with you.

JC has invested 30 years in this man and he didn't just leave her, he left her holding the bag. He left her with very little money and he stole HER car. He left her to deal with the divorce, the loan he took out, probably the car payments on the car he stole, he left her to explain to the police and to the media that he left her a note and she had no idea what was going on. Now she has to survive on less than half the income they used to have, and they were struggling with two incomes. People are judging her, 'how could she not know', 'why is she talking to the media'; photographers snapped a picture of her walking her dog a week or so ago. She was still in love with him and he threw her away like an old shoe, like she meant absolutely nothing to him. She has to be suffering unimaginable pain. I just truly hope that she has some real, true friends who will support her through this nightmare.

:cow:

Beautifully said. Thanks button wasn't enough.

Yeah, that stood out to me. I don't know anyone who has had a spouse go through multiple job changes including a large paycut and who has gone through a bankruptcy who can say that they have "no problems" in their marriage. I think her saying that is an indication that she doesn't realize how badly TC has been hurting her for their entire marriage.

Oh man! Just watching the 20/20 special and they talked about the "boat" Cummins was going to use to go from CA into Mexico. It wasn't a boat it was a kayak! An experienced sport fishing captain was interviewed and said that to cross those waters you need a special boat and skills. The swells in the open sea area are 4 to 8 foot as soon as you clear the channel. What an idiot that man was!

Oh man! Just watching the 20/20 special and they talked about the "boat" Cummins was going to use to go from CA into Mexico. It wasn't a boat it was a kayak! An experienced sport fishing captain was interviewed and said that to cross those waters you need a special boat and skills. The swells in the open sea area are 4 to 8 foot as soon as you clear the channel. What an idiot that man was!

I just finished watching it now. Good piece, very comprehensive summary of what we know. I'd recommend it for anyone who hasn't followed closely. The new parts were the interviews with MCET's sisters, new interviews with April Showers at the commune, Griffin Barry at the cabin in Cecilville, and the boat captain in San Diego, and the footage of MCET leaving the house and her room. Nothing else we haven't heard.

Link in case you missed it:
[video=youtube;ciyhd7nmZ5U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciyhd7nmZ5U[/video]

I also checked prices on kayaks...
https://www.walmart.com/c/kp/2-person-kayaks

For the record, people kayak in the ocean all the time. I don't think there is any doubt that a kayak is more than adequate to travel from the US to Mexico on the ocean. Many people have done that by swimming. Kayaking would be easier. I believe the biggest danger would be sharks, not the waves.

[video=youtube;UA3I1rXq8l0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA3I1rXq8l0[/video]

For the record, people kayak in the ocean all the time. I don't think there is any doubt that a kayak is more than adequate to travel from the US to Mexico on the ocean. Many people have done that by swimming. Kayaking would be easier. I believe the biggest danger would be sharks, not the waves.

I got a little lost. Did he decide not to kayak, or was he still planning on kayaking? Did they say? I missed it.
Fine if he wants to do it BY HIMSELF. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AMAZED AT THE RISK TC PUT MCET IN
Part 4 of the video was posted by abc today. It contains the kayak part. Did I understand right that he gave up on his kayaking plan??
Or was he planning on doing it yet at some point. A man, obviously an expert at boating (missed his name) said that to cross to Mexico you'd have to have the right boat, the right weather, the right skills as well as navigation skills. (Quoting loosely)
I'm just amazed at the risk tc put mcet in!

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/video/tad-cummins-elizabeth-thomas-stayed-run-part-47240807
If you can't click on this. You can google it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where is parts two and three?

I got a little lost. Did he decide not to kayak, or was he still planning on kayaking? Did they say? I missed it.
Fine if he wants to do it BY HIMSELF. :)

The court papers say he took a test run, and apparently decided against it. Details are lacking.

The defendant had plans to attempt to escape across the United States border to Mexico. He then planned to seek passage to countries further south of Mexico. In furtherance of this plan, the defendant procured a small watercraft and conducted a test run to cross into Mexico across the water from San Diego. The defendant also considered the feasibility of a land crossing into Mexico.

IIRC from the 20/20 Special the Captain of that boat stated all conditions need to be right to navigate the waters. Given Tad's inexperience I think kayaking would have been a death wish. Also he likely had no device to check marine/weather conditions to even make this attempt. A kayak in an Ocean???? What was he thinking??? Thankfully he didn't or this case may have had a very different ending. IMO. If any one else has ever kayaked against the current and winds it's extremely exhausting. I have done it near shore in the Caribbean. Not fun.

Where do you think he got the experience to be able to do this?

Where do you think he got the experience to be able to do this?

Apparently he didn't have enough experience to do it. Since he gave up on the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member