Found Safe TN - MCET, 15, Abducted by Teacher, in Maury County, 13 March 2017 #17 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record, people kayak in the ocean all the time. I don't think there is any doubt that a kayak is more than adequate to travel from the US to Mexico on the ocean. Many people have done that by swimming. Kayaking would be easier. I believe the biggest danger would be sharks, not the waves.

[video=youtube;UA3I1rXq8l0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA3I1rXq8l0[/video]

Oh my gosh!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apparently he didn't have enough experience to do it. Since he gave up on the idea.
He told the folks at Black Bear he was an instructor. Maybe he had lessons in the past. According to his resume he appeared to dabble in many things. Singing, volunteering, etc. He's a man of many talents including grooming and kidnapping young girls.

Seems ole Tad had Delusions Of Grandeur. Like they were going to sail off into the sunset. To a new life. Thankfully they were found. He has ruined his life and his Family's. Thankfully ET has a chance. I wish her well as she navigates thru this difficult time.

He told the folks at Black Bear he was an instructor. Maybe he had lessons in the past. According to his resume he appeared to dabble in many things. Singing, volunteering, etc. He's a man of many talents including grooming and kidnapping young girls.

iirc his wife (on the abc show) said he did it a couple times.... yikes!!!!

IIRC from the 20/20 Special the Captain of that boat stated all conditions need to be right to navigate the waters. Given Tad's inexperience I think kayaking would have been a death wish. Also he likely had no device to check marine/weather conditions to even make this attempt. A kayak in an Ocean???? What was he thinking??? Thankfully he didn't or this case may have had a very different ending. IMO. If any one else has ever kayaked against the current and winds it's extremely exhausting. I have done it near shore in the Caribbean. Not fun.
He is a "fantasical" thinker.
Smh

MOO

JC was so young when she and TC married that she probably had few experiences with other guys. TC's charm and grooming ways were already in play with JC.

JC was totally head over heels in love with the guy she married and was easily blinded and swayed by TC. As the years went by, JC was continuously infatuated by her controlling manipulative husband. The girls were told by TC and JC what a wonderful father they had. They leaned early not to dispute what Daddy said, afterall, he was "perfect".

TC had his family right where he wanted them - under his thumb for control!

From comments she has made, it seems JC was becoming a bit suspicious/questioning of TC's relationship with ET. After 30 years of marriage, it was about time for her to wake up from the trance TC had cast upon her and see the real world.

IMO the couple had few friends outside of work and church, they didn't socialize often. The reason being TC did not want JC to see how other couples interacted with each other to realize how dysfunctional their marriage was.

TC is a man who must have a woman in his life! One he can control! On the other hand, JC is in a jungle now with the lawyer telling her all the reasons it is to her benefit to divorce this rascal. Again, IMO, she is not certain if divorcing him is the right step SHE wants to take.

Time will tell.

My opinions only.

See it in its entirety on #796. Someone upthread posted it. I just bumped it up.

Thanks! I finally was able to watch it.

I hadn't intended to watch it because I feel like this kid has been exploited enough.

It felt like a careful defense of her though. And sad to say, it seems like she needs to be defended in order for the full force of justice to come down on TC.

Things that stuck out to me:

1. She sleeps on unicorn sheets.
2. She still carried around a blanky for security.
3. She left her makeup and medicine behind.
4. She collected souvenirs for family as if she expected to come home.
5. Divorce filing notwithstanding, JC seems to still be standing by her man. I sense an almost defiant defense of him and his status as a "good man".

I guess I can understand that to a point. See I can defend someone who has done something wrong to me. I can excuse them and see past the bad deed to who they are. I can rationalize how they were able to hurt me and still be a good human being.

But when someone knowingly and intentionally harms and abuses a kid, that's where I feel my defense stops cold.

TC allegedly took a 15-year-old girl from Tennessee who'd never SEEN the ocean, much less kayaked in it out on the rough ocean. :notgood: Poor MCET must have been terrified!!

How did someone in San Diego or Berkeley not notice and report these two? It's so bizarre to me that they were found in Nowheresville. But then, this whole case is bizarre.

Thanks! I finally was able to watch it.

I hadn't intended to watch it because I feel like this kid has been exploited enough.

It felt like a careful defense of her though. And sad to say, it seems like she needs to be defended in order for the full force of justice to come down on TC.

Things that stuck out to me:

1. She sleeps on unicorn sheets.
2. She still carried around a blanky for security.
3. She left her makeup and medicine behind.
4. She collected souvenirs for family as if she expected to come home.
5. Divorce filing notwithstanding, JC seems to still be standing by her man. I sense an almost defiant defense of him and his status as a "good man".

I guess I can understand that to a point. See I can defend someone who has done something wrong to me. I can excuse them and see past the bad deed to who they are. I can rationalize how they were able to hurt me and still be a good human being.

But when someone knowingly and intentionally harms and abuses a kid, that's where I feel my defense stops cold.

I know very sad. I noticed most of her photographs was when she was younger. Was ET aware her family had a cctv camera and that it would record her leaving that day?

JC was so young when she and TC married that she probably had few experiences with other guys. TC's charm and grooming ways were already in play with JC.

JC was totally head over heels in love with the guy she married and was easily blinded and swayed by TC. As the years went by, JC was continuously infatuated by her controlling manipulative husband. The girls were told by TC and JC what a wonderful father they had. They leaned early not to dispute what Daddy said, afterall, he was "perfect".

TC had his family right where he wanted them - under his thumb for control!

From comments she has made, it seems JC was becoming a bit suspicious/questioning of TC's relationship with ET. After 30 years of marriage, it was about time for her to wake up from the trance TC had cast upon her and see the real world.

IMO the couple had few friends outside of work and church, they didn't socialize often. The reason being TC did not want JC to see how other couples interacted with each other to realize how dysfunctional their marriage was.

TC is a man who must have a woman in his life! One he can control! On the other hand, JC is in a jungle now with the lawyer telling her all the reasons it is to her benefit to divorce this rascal. Again, IMO, she is not certain if divorcing him is the right step SHE wants to take.

Time will tell.

My opinions only.

I was surprised he made her coffee every night and the one night he showed her how to make it she picked up something was wrong. I wonder if she questioned him about it.

I was surprised he made her coffee every night and the one night he showed her how to make it she picked up something was wrong. I wonder if she questioned him about it.

I cant remember if she did or assumed. I remember her stating she was thinking along the lines that her husband feared he may do time for the accusation.

The court papers say he took a test run, and apparently decided against it. Details are lacking.

I think kayaking to Mexico could be ok for someone who knew how to do it. I seriously doubt that Tad Cummins had a clue. He gave up the idea quickly after the test run, that says a lot. His audacity to even attempt that and risk ET's life is infuriating. Of course pretty much everything that sorry excuse has done is infuriating.

I think kayaking to Mexico could be ok for someone who knew how to do it. I seriously doubt that Tad Cummins had a clue. He gave up the idea quickly after the test run, that says a lot. His audacity to even attempt that and risk ET's life is infuriating. Of course pretty much everything that sorry excuse has done is infuriating.

Actually, we've not been told that ET was in the kayak with him when he did the test run (nor how long that 'test run' was--though I'm inclined to agree it was likely pretty short). Only bringing this up as I think another poster also commented on this (previous page). Not to make light of it; just to differentiate between facts we know and don't know.

One fact we do know (from the 20/20 video I just viewed onYoutube), is that she was not pasted to his side 24/7. One clip of him shopping in Walmart shows him repeatedly cycling back to the hair color aisle with his cart; she was not in that video clip. So there is no reason to assume he did his 'test run' with her in the kayak, IMO.

I chose not to watch 20/20 last evening. Was anything new covered? Any "bombshells"? [emoji41]

It was a comprehensive piece tht gave us more info as to who ET is, what life was like for her before she left, why she may have been targeted by TC, etc.

It was a worthwhile view for me.

“There were only a small number of residents and their fear of Tad Cummins made them wait until more people came so they could confront him. They didn't want to confront him when they only had a few people there.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/did-tv-survival-shows-help-215700856.html

I wish the reason for their fear had been explained.

For the record, people kayak in the ocean all the time. I don't think there is any doubt that a kayak is more than adequate to travel from the US to Mexico on the ocean. Many people have done that by swimming. Kayaking would be easier. I believe the biggest danger would be sharks, not the waves.

[video=youtube;UA3I1rXq8l0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA3I1rXq8l0[/video]

Many people have not swam across the border. And while people kayak in the ocean do most of them typically kayak that far out into the ocean or typically into rougher, heavier waters? I'm kind of remembering something about not kayaking out frther than you can swim back.

Also, how much experience could TC have had in ocean kayaking. Tennessee doesn't border an ocean.

In order to get around border patrol and border guards it seems they were saying they would have had to paddle too far out for it to be feasible.

Possible? People survive on surfboards and lifeboats in rough waters. But the risk would've been very high and I'm getting the sense that any experienced kayaker would've known quickly how dangerous it was, I think.

I could be wrong.

iirc his wife (on the abc show) said he did it a couple times.... yikes!!!!

Rough water sea kayaking? How much experience could he possibly have? These people don't seem to have the kind of money necessary for him to be travelling to ocean locales that often.

Actually, we've not been told that ET was in the kayak with him when he did the test run (nor how long that 'test run' was--though I'm inclined to agree it was likely pretty short). Only bringing this up as I think another poster also commented on this (previous page). Not to make light of it; just to differentiate between facts we know and don't know.

One fact we do know (from the 20/20 video I just viewed onYoutube), is that she was not pasted to his side 24/7. One clip of him shopping in Walmart shows him repeatedly cycling back to the hair color aisle with his cart; she was not in that video clip. So there is no reason to assume he did his 'test run' with her in the kayak, IMO.

Yes we have. The family attorney said ET was in "Mexican waters" with TC.

And the WM video was from before they left

I know very sad. I noticed most of her photographs was when she was younger. Was ET aware her family had a cctv camera and that it would record her leaving that day?

How do you know the photographs were from when she was younger? By all accounts, this is a teenager who looks young. Now. Today. She is only 15.

The hair color aisle video was before he took her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ragnimom