Found Safe TN - MCET, 15, Abducted by Teacher, in Maury County, 13 March 2017 #17 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO it is patronizing to criticize the family and their attorney for their actions.

Some folks are just out there when it comes to their lives. They will tell whatever.

There is nothing for them to be ashamed about. What happened happened and they are probably in a better place now with more help and professional support than they would have had had this not happened.

It’s too late to shut the barn door so since they probably have more support out of town than they do at home why not soak in the help and attention maybe then they can get their heads above water and get Tad some opposition.

I find their candor refreshing.

Hiding abuse and problems hides the information that may enlighten and strengthen another.

All IMO

I'm thinking my post was taken wrong. My intent was not intended to place shame, blame, etc., so I want to clear a few things up.

You are absolutely 100% correct. This is not something any victim should ever be ashamed of and I don't think what happened should be hidden either. However, since ET is a minor I don't think certain details should continue to be announced publicly. Divulging certain details and naming a child victim on a national level over and over again isn't going to provide any more professional support. Child victims need to be able to trust that their privacy will be protected as much as possible by those whom they have turned to for help. ET is at a hard age the way it is and she is still developing how she views herself. This will add a heighten risk for more distress and the possibility to be targeted and re-victimized. I also worry that fewer victims will come forward to get help at all. Victims are very concerned about the possibility that their private trauma may be broadcast publicly.

This is JMO.....I don't have the answer on how matters such as this should be handled, but I feel the way it's being handled needs to be re-visited. Maybe it would be beneficial for ET if there was less publicity at this point. Again, this is just MO.

My God. We knew this in theory but it's a whole other level of horror to read those words as they were relayed in court today. "Multiple sex acts". I think I'm going to cry all over again.

Wow it's almost like TC is bragging or something for him to open the floodgates like that. This new attorney will make him shut his trap. You know he's going to advise TC to plead not guilty. He gets more money by the hour dragging this case through the courts as long as he can.

I mean no disrespect, but anyone can plead not guilty hoping to get off, regardless of witnesses, smoking gun or signed confession.

Yes, it can be standard operating procedure for many trials I have followed. Don't know what his state of mind is, and if he really wants all this dragged out for his family to see. If he does go to court, boy, will there be a lot of victim shaming and outing? (Think Jodi Arias case.. she knew she was going down, so she took everyone with her that she chose.. knowing that the murder was pretty much a slam dunk) smh.

He hadn't 't even been assigned a lawyer yet - so plea was not expected today by many... :moo: :cow:

I've been reading social media posts mentioning the same things that the Daily Mail article says.

I'd love to know their source and how much they got paid. This is infuriating.

Same. She's only able to see her FAMILY in small doses right?! How do these "friends" have access to her? Another dailymail article I can't fully believe.

Same. She's only able to see her FAMILY in small doses right?! How do these "friends" have access to her? Another dailymail article I can't fully believe.

The only good thing about this article is it will steel the resolve of JC.

You have to love when sensationalized bombs are dropped courtesy of sources, unnamed "friends" (where at the facility?) and those bomb drops are
labelled as "Dished"

Just MOO, I don't care if it's ABC/CBS or the DM, when a story is peppered with the following:

[we] can reveal
told friends (unnamed ones)
[we] can reveal
with friends saying
dished a source
[we] can reveal
has also told friends
our source added

I can't accept it as credible. They lost me at the first "can reveal"

uggh the gossipy tone of the whole unsourced article is distasteful :cow:

Other's mileage may very but I intend to give this "news" not one more minute of my time.

I know none of you are going to like this but I regularly listen to CNN, a reputable reporter from there was saying he is very surprised how Daily mail manages to get their stories as most of the time the stories are accurate.

I've been reading social media posts mentioning the same things that the Daily Mail article says.

Exactly, bingo, perhaps that is their "source" for the article. This is mirroring what was seen on that movie "Trust" that someone posted upthread and is free to watch on youtube.

I know none of you are going to like this but I regularly listen to CNN, a reputable reporter from there was saying he is very surprised how Daily mail manages to get their stories as most of the time the stories are accurate.

Wait.

You just used CNN and reputable in the same sentence:lol:

Perhaps he researched Tenn laws and thought such... and never considered the federal charges?

But you're thinking with logic. He's delusional. In his mind he's the savior. Blechhhhhhhhhhh

Interesting...Wikipedia doesn't even allow sources from the daily mail because it's so unreliable.

Daily mail trash not withstanding, ET could go to the White House and deliver an address live from the Oval Office proclaiming her undying love for TC, and at the end of the day, she is still a groomed, minor, sexual abuse victim and he is still a sleazy sexual predator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member