Found Safe TN - MCET, 15, Abducted by Teacher, in Maury County, 13 March 2017 #17 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't be too hard on JC right now even though her statement is wrong. If she still feels that way in six months I'll think differently. But honestly right now, she doesn't seem to be thinking - just reacting to this traumatic chain of events that have hit her wave after wave since January. She needs time and a good therapist to help her process all of this.

Not a doubt in my mind that JC was compensated for her Inside Edition interview. But, whether or not it helps how people perceive her, maybe JC just plain needs the money.

TC won't be contributing in any way toward raising the kids anytime soon. He most likely cleaned out the bank accounts in addition to taking out the cash for car title loan.

It takes money to keep food on the table and the lights on. I don't know what kind of credit card or loan balances JC and TC have but JC is going to be the one who will pay them off.

Which means JC probably has to divorce TC so she won't be liable for any of the bills he racks up in legal expenses. So TC's whiny calls probably won't get him anywhere.

Lawyers, if JC divorces TC at what point is she no longer responsible for TC's bills?
Technically, in Tennessee, debts acquired before the Final Decree of Divorce is entered as an order are "marital debts" subject to equitable division. However, equitable doesn't have to mean equal. In dividing debts, the court will look at who incurred the debt, the purpose of the debt, who benefited from the debt, and who has the ability to pay the debt. If the debt is in her name, the creditors could still come after her even if he's ordered to pay it. With that said, if I were JC (maybe even if I were TC), I would have bankruptcy in my back pocket as an option. TC has a public defender, which means he was preliminarily determined to be indigent if California works like Tennessee.

Gitana, if only you could prosecute.

IMO, Justice in this case requires the jury to see all of the points in your post and then some.

ET is not responsible for the crime. She is not the cause of the crime.

As far as JC, she holds no responsibility for the crime either. Many relatives, however, have gone on national TV to apologize for the crimes of their brother, father, husband, wife, etc. just the same. As a mother figure to ET one might have hoped such words were spoken.

Waiting for justice now......

Yes! This!

I watched this show last night on Investigation Discovery (ID) It's worth reading the full article which I believe is the full transcript of the show.
Here are a few alarming key parts.

"KILLER APP"

"Steve" spent 10 years in jail and he showed how easy it is to get a teen to trust you over apps like Kik.

“Years ago, you had to worry about your kid getting snatched. Parents don’t realize that essentially your kid could get snatched -- their life taken by somebody they meet in their own bedroom,” said Casey"

"Steve,” 38, said he used the Internet to groom kids and spent 10 years in prison for molestation. He told “48 Hours” he now feels a new urge to sound the alarm about anonymous chat apps like Kik."

"We created -- and later deleted -- a Kik account for the demonstration. “Steve” showed how Kik can be used as a gateway.
My message is: ‘I’m sad and lonely,’” said “Steve”."

"After hitting send, it took just 44 seconds for the first response to arrive."

"In two days max, I could have her sending me nude pictures,” “Steve” said."

“Once you make ‘em happy, you got their heart, once you got their heart, everything else follows.”

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbsn...murder-killer-app-smartphone-stranger-danger/

***NOW CONSIDER A TRUSTED TEACHER HAVING MONTHS TO MANIPULATE HIS STUDENT/VICTIM...😔

Here is a link to watch the show that aired for anyone interested.

https://youtu.be/nbkMX0ATzBA
MOO

Technically, in Tennessee, debts acquired before the Final Decree of Divorce is entered as an order are "marital debts" subject to equitable division. However, equitable doesn't have to mean equal. In dividing debts, the court will look at who incurred the debt, the purpose of the debt, who benefited from the debt, and who has the ability to pay the debt. If the debt is in her name, the creditors could still come after her even if he's ordered to pay it. With that said, if I were JC (maybe even if I were TC), I would have bankruptcy in my back pocket as an option. TC has a public defender, which means he was preliminarily determined to be indigent if California works like Tennessee.

Does TN law allow her to keep her home if she files for bankruptcy? If ever there was a legitimate reason to declare bankruptcy, this is it. She can rebuild her credit after she rids herself this monster.

Any bets on how many letters JC and family have gotten this week? I bet he's even writing her a song. All those weeks and total silence UNTIL he's arrested and then he's blowing up his families phones. To the Cummins family, please realize that the energy he spent grooming ET and on the run he's now spending on all of you because he needs you. He doesn't need ET anymore.

Any bets on how many letters JC and family have gotten this week? I bet he's even writing her a song. All those weeks and total silence UNTIL he's arrested and then he's blowing up his families phones. To the Cummins family, please realize that the energy he spent grooming ET and on the run he's now spending on all of you because he needs you. He doesn't need ET anymore.

And THIS is why I will not participate in the stoning of JC. She has spent her life, since she was slightly older than ET, with this manipulative predator. She, too, was a CHILD when TC entered her life.

I am not going to pick apart everything she says. ET has had family members who made some comments that gave me a big ole WTF?. They also opened themselves up to the public by giving interviews. We cannot pick THEM apart, however. Nor should we. :(

My heart breaks for EVERYONE this predator has hurt. All of them. And I think they are reeling from what damage TC hath wrought.

I know we have been given the green light on JC, so I will absent myself and will wait for updates and developments.

I want this guy prosecuted to the fullest for all the lives he has impacted. You just suck, TC. :mad:

Does TN law allow her to keep her home if she files for bankruptcy? If ever there was a legitimate reason to declare bankruptcy, this is it. She can rebuild her credit after she rids herself this monster.

I would assume yes because they declared bankruptcy in 1999 and according to a state website, they've owned their home since 1985. How a divorce plays into that, I don't know but a bankruptcy doesn't automatically equal losing the house.

It is gross. I think we all had that initial reaction. But the facts of this case explain her "bond" to her abuser. And they've been repeated so many times by so many people on this forum:

ET was a lonely, isolated child who had been previously abused and was thus vulnerable to further abuse, as studies show.

She also had to suddenly adapt to a public school setting, trying to socialize with kids her age for the first time, trying to catch up on a neglected education, feeling insecure and alone.

As one child in a large family that suddenly became a single parent home, a parent who had to deal with working to provide for the economic needs of his kids, while coping with the CPS case and the abuse charges against his wife, and trying to be there for everyone at the same time, it is probable that ET and her specific needs got lost in the shuffle.

So here she was, vulnerable due to abuse. Vulnerable due to insecurity. Vulnerable due to loneliness and unmet needs. Vulnerable due to not belonging and fitting in with her peers.

And here comes a sneaking predator. But one who wrapped up its claws and fangs in a benign, friendly, engaging, fatherly, Christian, concerned, attentive, flattering, understanding disguise.

Over a period of several months, that predator made his victim feel safe. Secure. Understood. Heard. Special. Pretty. Important. Needed. Loved.

So she became ensnared. She finally began receiving the "medicine" she needed to heal her sad, lonely and broken heart. That the medicine had a bitter aftertaste set off a small alarm bell deep in her subconscious. In her gut. But the healing affects of the "medicine" were so good that she ignored the slight sense of fear that came with each gulp.

It was too late by the time she realized the medicine had just been a nicely wrapped poison all along and her savior, her rescuer, was actually her poisoner, in artful disguise.

That's what happened to ET. That's what she "saw" in him.

ET's life has been a series of affronts and assaults and neglect. Her life has been a tragedy. I don't know how a kid comes from such sadness and betrayal and can learn to trust anyone ever again.

And I don't know how anyone who knows her tragic circumstances can try to compare her with, or question her thinking in relation to, the average person.

There is sadly nothing average about this kid at all.

Yep, to just simply call it "gross" like that is victim shaming IMO

Thank you for the considered reply.

This is in response to BIC from a few threads back (these are piling up rather quickly).

Not sure what picture you're talking about.

The link I was talking about no longer has the same pics on it. I'm talking about the one on the right looking somewhat altered or Photoshopped.

girl that ran away with teacher.jpg

He can just re-purpose the songs he wrote for ET, DP and all the other girls he was grooming.

The main issue I have w JC's comments is how she said ET knew her and knew what she and TC had. She knew what she was destroying. Really? Really JC? You think any 15 year old truly understands the depth of marriage and all it entails? And then throw in the abuse ET had endured she is far from an average teen who has a clear grasp of relationships and boundaries.
I have no doubt she is reeling, but I think she is displacing blame and looking at this like ET is just another adult. She has the mind of an immature and abused child. Forget the fact that TC was most likely feeding ET lines about his marriage as well and how JC just didn't get him the way she did. I hope she realizes how poorly that sounded and thinks about who is truly to blame here.

He can just re-purpose the songs he wrote for ET, DP and all the other girls he was grooming.

I think TC has arrested development and wonder what happened in his youth that's lead to this? He's very immature for a grown man who's soon going to be a senior citizen. It's hard to imagine a 50 year old man calling a 15 year old his best friend. That should have been a red flag everywhere!

I don't think the comments are doing more than disagreeing with JC blaming ET in any way for the end of her marriage. Cummins' family and ETs family have all been hurt, and it may be tremendous hurt, but there is really only one victim in all this, ET. She was the most vulnerable, and she had her mind fxxxxx for over a year before she was taken by him. She was targeted and taken. She will have the hardest time of anyone recovering from all this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I respectfully disagree; I feel that JC is indeed a victim. I can't bring myself to berate or bash her for her choice of words. She obviously hasn't fully processed everything and she's speaking of her own feelings. I just hope she doesn't do any more interviews for the time being. It's not healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think TC has arrested development and wonder what happened in his youth that's lead to this? He's very immature for a grown man who's soon going to be a senior citizen. It's hard to imagine a 50 year old man calling a 15 year old his best friend. That should have been a red flag everywhere!

Noteworthy, IMO, that middle aged grandparents chose to befriend and attempt to "church" a 15 year old girl outside of her family's acknowledged religion. What prompted this? Simultaneously, ET was preparing for Confirmation in the Catholic faith. ????

Another tell with a predator who is grooming a minor is that they drag "God" into their scheme. Often a red flag - JMO.
Don't have to say more!

And THIS is why I will not participate in the stoning of JC. She has spent her life, since she was slightly older than ET, with this manipulative predator. She, too, was a CHILD when TC entered her life.

I am not going to pick apart everything she says. ET has had family members who made some comments that gave me a big ole WTF?. They also opened themselves up to the public by giving interviews. We cannot pick THEM apart, however. Nor should we. :(

My heart breaks for EVERYONE this predator has hurt. All of them. And I think they are reeling from what damage TC hath wrought.

I know we have been given the green light on JC, so I will absent myself and will wait for updates and developments.

I want this guy prosecuted to the fullest for all the lives he has impacted. You just suck, TC. :mad:
Well said. If I were ET reading some things said about JT, I would think she said alot more about me and my character than she even said. Some of the JC bashing contains very negative insinuations about ET that weren't even in the interview. What is the purpose exactly of tearing JT apart and adding words to her mouth? I will be watching quietly for justice to be served.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member