Found Deceased TN - Noah Chamberlin, 2, Pinson, 14 Jan 2016 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:please: Still praying for a miracle for Noah and family. We all need one right about now :grouphug:

To the poster above who asked if I thought the sister was lying in regard to them being out in the woods:

I truly don't have an answer! Is she a shy child who could be threatened to tell a story this way or to answer questions with certain answers? From what I have experienced, siblings usually keep an eye out on their younger one and are good at reporting/tattling if they do something wrong - like getting too far away from you.

I have not tried to build a scenario, my intuition just says Noah is not in these woods. There is more to this story than we've heard. IMO.

Tyler Whetstone ‏@tyler_whetstone 18m18 minutes ago Pinson, TN
Madison Co. PIO Tom Mapes says he doesn't expect new information tonight unless they find Noah.
#FindNoah

Tyler Whetstone ‏@tyler_whetstone 13m13 minutes ago Pinson, TN
Just spoke with Mapes - night search shifts will last 1 hour. Then another party will go out for 1 hour.

Tonight it's supposed to get down to 17 degrees - coldest night of the season there. They're cutting search group shifts to one hour. Some sources are saying they're quitting searches at midnight while others say all night long. Reporters trying to clarify...

Bethany Thompson ‏@WBBJ7Bethany 2m2 minutes ago
Mapes says they will be sending volunteers out throughout the night.#FindNoah

Tyler Whetstone
‏@tyler_whetstone

Guys, bare with us. We're getting info from 1 source. 1 source is giving several different pieces of info.

Such a heartbreaking scenario for little Noah.

One thing I haven't seen discussed is if he had anything with him. At 2.5, my kids were rarely without something in their hands: sippy cup, lovey, toy, matchbox car, blankie. If we were taking a nature walk, they might have carried a bag to collect treasures like rocks or sticks.

It sounds like LE is saying they've found no trace of him (publicly anyway) and I'm beginning to doubt he is in the woods and hasn't been since shortly after he went missing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think it is wrong to conclude that because the dogs did not find him and all the searchers did not find him he's not in the woods. Our SAR expert sarx said above that there's no way this large of an area can be thoroughly searched in 3-4 days. The keyword is thoroughly. Noah is a small guy with clothing that won't make him stand out.

I firmly believe he is in the woods and has not yet been found.

Of course the chances that he's still alive are close to zero by now :(

Sorry to be so glum. But I think it's the only realistic way to look at this sad situation.

Tyler Whetstone ‏@tyler_whetstone 7m7 minutes ago Pinson, TN
Lot of misinformation, but latest Mapes has said is volunteers needed ALL night.
Ppl will search in 1 hour increments due to frigid temps.

Such a heartbreaking scenario for little Noah.

One thing I haven't seen discussed is if he had anything with him. At 2.5, my kids were rarely without something in their hands: sippy cup, lovey, toy, matchbox car, blankie. If we were taking a nature walk, they might have carried a bag to collect treasures like rocks or sticks.

It sounds like LE is saying they've found no trace of him (publicly anyway) and I'm beginning to doubt he is in the woods and hasn't been since shortly after he went missing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My kid is almost 2.5 and he doesn't carry anything around.

Was this baby ever even in those woods?

I just can't wrap my head around these toddlers who can get far enough away to disappear forever.

Is there a chance someone took him while gma was tending to sister? But then, surely his scent would be there.

I wish I had a better gut feeling about this. Poor little mite.

I don't think he is in the woods unless someone carried him dead there.But I pray I am wrong and this sweet little boy is found safe. Very sad.

My head is where yours is. And I do pray we are both wrong.

Here's a good question for all you Mammas and Grandmothers.

This is the second child who has walked/run away already in 2016. What should we be teaching our 2-4 years old to do if they get separated from us outside? Go to the first house or store they see, stay in the spot they are, or what? Some 2-3 year olds may understand what you say, but may not remember when they are scared.

Your thought and ideas, please as we wait for news on Noah.

I always taught my children to "freeze" if they were scared or couldn't see me. We would practice "standing like a snowman" until I came to get them. As they grew older the advice included finding a safe place to wait and who to trust for help, but for toddlers it needs to be a simple instruction.

wouldn't Noah be so hungry, thirsty, cold and weak by now? I doubt he would travel very much in the last 12 hours. JMOO
The searchers would gain pace on him?
I just don't think he is there.
Rainn was found in the opposite direction of her home, IIRC

Exactly I keep thinking of that one too. They were searching in the wrong direction..I hope that is not the case here but thats what I fear.

Although the conditions are obviously different and it hadn't been as many days, just wanted to add these three cases to the thread of young toddler age kids who got incredible distances away from where they were last seen and/or into situations they couldn't get out, but who were found.

For some reason I can't find Amber's thread, but it's a case I remember each time we have a missing toddler case because people on WS were floored at the distance she went and thought surely something else had gone on, but nope...just a feisty 2 year old with a lot of energy!

2 year old Amber Rose Smith was found nearly 2 miles from her home in northern Michigan in October of 2013 after going missing the day before.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2013/10/police_conversation_with_2-yea.html

In Canada about 18 months ago, 2 year old Brooklyn was missing overnight, lost in a tall cornfield near her home.

Police said she was found about 24 metres into cornfield – and about one kilometre away from where she was last seen.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Brooklyn-Honderich-2-Norwich-ON-28-Sept-2014

And about 5 years ago, 4 year old Zoey was found only 1/3 mile from her home, but the distance it took them to get to where she actually was on foot was over 3 miles away.

Zoe was found a third of a mile from her home – as the crow flies – but rescuers had to travel more than three miles on a twisted logging road to reach her.

So an example, perhaps, of why ruling out a child ending up going the more difficult route as had been done by some searching for Noah might have meant a child like Zoey may not have been found.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?98112-OR-Zoey-Dorsey-4-Brookings-17-March-2010

It's amazing. No matter how many kids are found in the searched area, several times after it had been combed over, people still hang on to all sort of far fetched kidnapping stories. Noah is there. I wouldn't be surprised if he was bypassed a couple of times already. They will find him.

We need to remember that there's been a lot of rain in that area and a lot of the photos show searchers trudging through the mud. The water makes it harder for the scent dogs. His clothing is also not bright so he'd be harder to see.

I guess there is a possibility that Noah was taken out of the woods by someone but I think it's probably a very small possibility. I think that Noah probably fell into either a sinkhole or one of the holes made by uprooted trees on the first day he went missing. Maybe he was even injured when he fell but after 3 days it's a certainty that he is tired, hungry, dehydrated and very weak. Unfortunately, I think if he is still alive it's because of a miracle or an answer to the families' prayers. If he is conscious or (sorry to even type this) dead and he's covered by leaves it may take a while to find Noah. I wonder if LE will eventually try cadaver dogs to find his little body?

Even though I really feel like Noah won't be found alive, I'm going to continue to pray for a miracle

It's amazing. No matter how many kids are found in the searched area, several times after it had been combed over, people still hang on to all sort of far fetched kidnapping stories. Noah is there. I wouldn't be surprised if he was bypassed a couple of times already. They will find him.

The Thanks button wasn't enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member