Found Deceased TN - Noah Chamberlin, 2, Pinson, 14 Jan 2016 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zAAmDUXJe_aE.kSSafOD9fxNQ

Looking at this map did they cross the road and go to the larger part of the forrest?

Why not just stay close to the house there is plenty of exploring to do there.
not to mention a few retention ponds.

Because when one is on their own property and taking a walk, I don't think they tend to think in terms of boundaries.

These children were with an adult who was caring for them. It wasn't as though she sent them out into the woods alone, or even the yard alone and said, "Don't go past the treeline."

Honestly, I think it's a blessing to children to have grandparents who will take them out on a walk in the woods rather than just sitting them in front of the tv or the iPad. I can't bring myself to offer up condemnation for anything she did. It sounds to me like it was an unforeseeable event.

Like others here, I guess I don't really understand sinkholes. When you see them in populated areas (highways, cities, etc.) they are usually attributed to manmade things causing erosion (both above and below ground) to occur in an atypical way, which creates an empty space (no dirt) underneath the ground and the ground then caves in.

I can see how in the forest perhaps the root system of a long-dead tree might create space that dirt would collapse into, but I can't imagine that it would be a hole deep enough for a child to go unseen. And if a such a hole opened up, would there not be evidence of it remaining above ground? Disturbed leaves, an open hole, etc?

Honestly not much to catch up on. Very little info has been given to the public.

The official word is that grandma was tending to the 4 year old sister and lost sight of him. We don't know for how long or anything like that. We don't know if she called 911 from the house or her cell phone (at least not that I've seen.)

It is possible he fell into a sink hole or something and that is why he hasn't been found. I know next to nothing about sink holes. But I do remember a news story a couple years ago about a sink hole opening up in Florida and basically swallowing a man. As far as I know, his body was never found.

I'm in Florida and remember the man dying in the sink hole and he was never found but that was a HUGE deep sinkhole. He was asleep and it took his entire bedroom. The searchers would know if
there was a sinkhole... you can tell if its new or old.

Eileen, I share your skepticism...but thinking maybe they meant the wooded property not on the walking trail, or atv track if one exists. So the grandmother logically would stay on one of these trails, where sinkholes and/or wildlife generally don't exist...and noah would logically be off whatever trail they had been on.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story...or-missing-2-year-old-to-be-announced-at-4-pm

"Weaver said the wooded area where Noah disappeared is filled with sink holes, which have water in them and that could possibly be how Noah vanished so quickly."

And I agree with you reba, so looking into hunting season would be prudent. Turns out it had been from November through early January.

https://www.tn.gov/twra/article/deer-seasons

So another question is, were they all big hunters? if so, then most definitely they'd be familiar with their properties AND most likely would have deer cams or the sort among the acreage.

If not, then this post is kinda sorta...moot. lol.

I too am beginning to wonder if Noah is in the woods, however, I fully believe the GM's story. Someone posted that maybe he ran for the house, we are all thinking he headed into the woods, but I think that is very possible. I am the mother of five kids. I am ashamed to say my one child got away from me twice, both times we were very lucky. I am a very very paranoid Mom, but he still managed it. One time was at a mall with a miscommunication with my DH when I went to the bathroom. Once was when I went to the bathroom in my own apt. he woke up from nap in his bed and headed out the door unknown to me. When asked (he was two and in diapers) he said he was going to find me at the store. Luckily a lady picked him up walking along a busy road headed to Safeway and came back to the nearest apt building, and I was sitting on phone in my living room thinking I had two babies in bed napping in their room, and he had been gone without my knowledge. It does happen. Now with that being said, when Mom went to the store and left Noah, did Noah put up a fuss. Because if he did, he would know the way to the store and might have ran/toddled his butt to the house, to the road and headed for the store. Just playing off a post from someone else earlier. Are they checking along the roadside or ditches just in case? I am sick over this and CANNOT imagine how that Grandmother feels, my heart goes out to her. Prayers for the family....IMHO

Tennessee and Kentucky both, have numerous underground caverns, There is a slight chance that Noah has found one of these. The temperature in caves tends to stay the same year-round, If he was lucky enough to find one of these with water, then there's a slim chance that he might still be alive.

Or if he's like my kids were at that age and just doesn't cry.

Mine only cried out loud (after the infant stage) if they were hurt badly (in their opinion badly ;) ). Which didn't happen often at all - I can probably count it on one hand for each of them. They were 'silent' criers. Not totally without sound, but you'd have to be very close to them to hear anything.

I never thought about that until now. Certainly they can't be the only ones?

Hi JanetElaine,

Yours are not the only ones. My daughter just turned 3 and she cries exactly the way you described. For her to cry really loudly it has to be, like you said, because she thinks she really got hurt. (Thankfully she hasn't gotten really hurt.) She cries loudly if something happens that she has not experienced...like the other day when she sat on one of her large birthday balloons and it popped loudly and scared her. Just wanted to let you know there are other toddlers out here like yours.

Something that has continued to bug me . . . . My grandparents owned an 80 acre farm in Missouri. Much of their acreage was heavily wooded and the properties around that acreage was heavily wooded. It seems to me that my Granddad knew his property, every little creek, every downed tree, every hole, every possible danger. If GM was taking the children into the woods, she must have felt very comfortable in knowing the dangers on their own property. Or maybe my Grandpa Jack was just uber diligent in knowing every danger that could befall us when they took us out to explore . . . I know 80 acres is a lot of property, but here in West TN (where I live), there are a lot of properties that size. IMO, I have a hard time believing little Noah is on that property.

Forgive me for not recalling exactly, but when did the grandparents purchase this property? Somewhere in this long thread is a link to a Zillow page showing when it was last bought and sold and if memory serves, they've only owned it for a year or two or three. I don't think it's property that they are apt to know like the back of their hand because they grew up playing in those woods themselves.

That said, if you own it and are an adult, I think it's perfectly reasonable to assume that you'll feel comfortable hiking around and exploring your own property in the middle of a nice day. Kids love adventures and grandparents love to take children on adventures. My grandmothers both lived on farms and both took me out on long walks into the pasture and to creeks and such many times. It's just part of grandparenting and life in the country.

We have no information to know if she did this regularly, if the kids begged to go on a walk or if they were getting restless and she decided they'd all be happier outside than in... we just don't know what led up to the walk in the woods. I can't ascribe a lack of judgment to her unless there is good reason to do so.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zAAmDUXJe_aE.kSSafOD9fxNQ

Looking at this map did they cross the road and go to the larger part of the forrest?

Why not just stay close to the house there is plenty of exploring to do there.
not to mention a few retention ponds.

Interesting about the retention ponds. I distinctly recall mention of a "strike team" but not specifically divers going out. We don't have much to go on here. Any small body of water near the point where Noah was last seen would be a high area of interest.

Don't get me wrong, cold water searches are grueling, difficult work. It also implies that the search has transitioned - something the Sheriff has been unwilling to say. This may be something we don't hear about until later.

:sigh:

Sorry, I am rambling.

:cry:

#FindNoah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.tennessean.com/story/spo.../?hootPostID=188030d9a450353d08fc3b8c5f660f2a

Cougars confirmed in Tennessee 11:28 a.m. CST January 20, 2016
Mike Organ, morgan@tennessean.com

The debate is over. Cougars have returned to Tennessee.

The sleek, powerful cats disappeared from the state in the early 1900s. Sightings started popping up again in the 1980s, but none could be confirmed by the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency until recently.

The TWRA recently launched a page “Cougars in Tennessee” on its website www.tnwildlife.org to educate the public on cougars.

<snipped - read more>

Forgive me for not recalling exactly, but when did the grandparents purchase this property? Somewhere in this long thread is a link to a Zillow page showing when it was last bought and sold and if memory serves, they've only owned it for a year or two or three. I don't think it's property that they are apt to know like the back of their hand because they grew up playing in those woods themselves.

That said, if you own it and are an adult, I think it's perfectly reasonable to assume that you'll feel comfortable hiking around and exploring your own property in the middle of a nice day. Kids love adventures and grandparents love to take children on adventures. My grandmothers both lived on farms and both took me out on long walks into the pasture and to creeks and such many times. It's just part of grandparenting and life in the country.

We have no information to know if she did this regularly, if the kids begged to go on a walk or if they were getting restless and she decided they'd all be happier outside than in... we just don't know what led up to the walk in the woods. I can't ascribe a lack of judgment to her unless there is good reason to do so.

Do I remember reading that they've owned the property since 2010? I could totally be making that up in my head.

Because when one is on their own property and taking a walk, I don't think they tend to think in terms of boundaries.

These children were with an adult who was caring for them. It wasn't as though she sent them out into the woods alone, or even the yard alone and said, "Don't go past the treeline."

Honestly, I think it's a blessing to children to have grandparents who will take them out on a walk in the woods rather than just sitting them in front of the tv or the iPad. I can't bring myself to offer up condemnation for anything she did. It sounds to me like it was an unforeseeable event.

Like others here, I guess I don't really understand sinkholes. When you see them in populated areas (highways, cities, etc.) they are usually attributed to manmade things causing erosion (both above and below ground) to occur in an atypical way, which creates an empty space (no dirt) underneath the ground and the ground then caves in.

I can see how in the forest perhaps the root system of a long-dead tree might create space that dirt would collapse into, but I can't imagine that it would be a hole deep enough for a child to go unseen. And if a such a hole opened up, would there not be evidence of it remaining above ground? Disturbed leaves, an open hole, etc?

I'm just wondering why cross the road.
These are babies 2 and 4 not 6 8 or 10.
I don't think she did anything wrong..Never said s?he did.
Not yet anyway! But
Why cross over the road? There is a lot of forrest right there out her door,

Sinkholes are often caused by water running underground..
some are huge can swallow a car

But u will see where the sinkhole is. I don't think its a sinkhole

Something that has continued to bug me . . . . My grandparents owned an 80 acre farm in Missouri. Much of their acreage was heavily wooded and the properties around that acreage was heavily wooded. It seems to me that my Granddad knew his property, every little creek, every downed tree, every hole, every possible danger. If GM was taking the children into the woods, she must have felt very comfortable in knowing the dangers on their own property. Or maybe my Grandpa Jack was just uber diligent in knowing every danger that could befall us when they took us out to explore . . . I know 80 acres is a lot of property, but here in West TN (where I live), there are a lot of properties that size. IMO, I have a hard time believing little Noah is on that property.

Reba, I just posted a story about Two Boys and a Tennessee Sinkhole from the TN Farm Bureau. Did you know sinkholes often appear overnight? Did your Grandpa ever talk about sinkholes on his property? I believe the grandma's home is on 80 acres.

My understanding - which may be incorrect - is that they were on their own property.

When people talk of 'trail cams' my mental picture is of security cameras like you'd find in Walmart or a hotel elevator. I've spent a bit of time at the state parks near Pinson (Pinson Mounds and Chickasaw State Park) and was never aware of any cameras on the state-maintained trails at those places, so I think it's highly unlikely there would be trail cams on private property.

Hunters do put motion sensitive and timed cameras out so they can have a sense of the wildlife activity on property they hunt. I don't know if there were hunters who hunted the family's woods or how many acres of woods they owned, but for us to assume that there were definitely cameras out there is perhaps a stretch.

Thank you. I was about to say the same thing. I keep seeing folks asking about trailcams or hunting cams but this is private property - not a hunting area or state park. Grandma's property that backs up to the woods.

Interesting about the retention ponds. I distinctly recall mention of a "strike team" but not specifically divers going out. We don't have much to go on here. Any small body of water near the point where Noah was last seen would be a high area of interest.

Don't get me wrong, cold water searches are grueling, difficult work. It also implies that the search has transitioned - something the Sheriff has been unwilling to say. This may be something we don't hear about until later.

:sigh:

Sorry, I am rambling.

:cry:

#FindNoah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just at a quick glance there are 2 very close to the house.
Cant miss them!

I'm just wondering why cross the road.
These are babies 2 and 4 not 6 8 or 10.
I don't think she did anything wrong..Never said s?he did.
Not yet anyway! But
Why cross over the road? There is a lot of forrest right there out her door,

Sinkholes are often caused by water running underground..
some are huge can swallow a car

But u will see where the sinkhole is. I don't think its a sinkhole

I don't know why the age of the children would be relevant as to whether or not they took their walk across the road or behind their house. I was actually under the impression that they were in fact behind the house in the woods outside her back door, not across the road, but again... I don't think it matters.

I assume she just took them to whatever area was the best place to take a walk. For all we know she chose one area of the woods over another precisely because the trail was better or it was a new place and the little girl had already been the other direction many times.

The sinkhole theory doesn't seem that plausible to me, either. We hear that they exist there, but I don't think we've heard that they are taking in equipment so they can see deep into one or anything like that. I think if there were any that looked suspicious we'd hear from volunteers or someone that checking into the depths of sinkholes was part of what they were doing out there.

Can't speak for their property of course, but many hunters use game/trail cameras. ETA: You can put them pretty much anywhere on a tree etc.

I don't know why the age of the children would be relevant as to whether or not they took their walk across the road or behind their house. I was actually under the impression that they were in fact behind the house in the woods outside her back door, not across the road, but again... I don't think it matters.

I assume she just took them to whatever area was the best place to take a walk. For all we know she chose one area of the woods over another precisely because the trail was better or it was a new place and the little girl had already been the other direction many times.

The sinkhole theory doesn't seem that plausible to me, either. We hear that they exist there, but I don't think we've heard that they are taking in equipment so they can see deep into one or anything like that. I think if there were any that looked suspicious we'd hear from volunteers or someone that checking into the depths of sinkholes was part of what they were doing out there.

That's what I ASKED?

Did they cross the road???? because it seem the searches are across that road.
To me it would be odd to cross the road. But that's just me and MVOO

Maranda Faris &#8207;@MarandaFaris now34 seconds ago
LIVE on #Periscope: Local resident shows woods near #FindNoah search https://www.periscope.tv/w/aW_W_jE1...KdyTrTcskZWl2LqxRjy0_8AhzuodEMNt8SyRTz8q6Dsqs &#8230;

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1MYxNaRnaDNJw

Reporter interviewing a local. Take it for what it's worth, he's giving his own opinion on Noah's disappearance but you can see some views of the area - it's not where Noah went missing, it's about two miles away. The reporter is also trying to show a sinkhole for example. It's live now and should be available for watching for a while today. Cell reception's not great but IMO worth watching. Reception keeps dropping so some patience is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3