Found Deceased TN - Noah Chamberlin, 2, Pinson, 14 Jan 2016 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is true . I just don't think Sheriff Blair Weaver would like it or he would have told us. It seems to that his shoe and hand print and footprint were found Saturday from a searcher. So he must have had the other one on still.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

He didn't make any mistakes. He is fully capable of making decisions and telling the press what he wants to tell them. If the shoes were the evidence found, LE knows he was there and which direction he was headed.

You dont think he should defer to the person actually running the investigation/search regarding what is to be released to the public?

Do you think any police chief's from surrounding communities who volunteer to join the search should be at liberty to release any information they choose to the public?

This is true . I just don't think Sheriff Blair Weaver would like it or he would have told us. It seems to that his shoe and hand print and footprint were found Saturday from a searcher. So he must have had the other one on still.

This was mentioned in a mainstream news story?

Then it gives them something solid to go on. This isn't shaping up to be a criminal investigation so holding things back isn't as important or even necessary. Holding back the exact location so civilian searchers don't rush there to look would be expected though. They are trying to keep from saving searchers during their search.

He may have run back to the property . Then hid in the house or yard .
Under porch?In something ? He may have gone into something else .
A tractor,car,truck?
The weather has been rather cold,if he is deceased the decomposition
Probably will be much slower than on a very hot day?
I have been praying for his safe recovery.

I'm in agreement with you .
No food,water,warm clothing . Possibly no shelter.
I am an adult,and I don't think I could survive in the wild with nothing but
my clothing in wilderness for that long.

You dont think he would defer to the person actually running the investigation/search regarding what is to be released to the public?

Do you think any police chief's from surrounding communities who volunteer to join the search should be at liberty to release any information they choose to the public?
There is a certain privilege being a Chief or a Sheriff. A person in that position can make decisions on what he or she chooses to release unless it was expressed to him not to say anything. Frankly, I am surprised at anyone being upset by him mentioning it. Again, this doesn't appear to be a criminal investigation and the evidence found doesn't compromise the search or the case.

He may have run back to the property . Then hid in the house or yard .
Under porch?In something ? He may have gone into something else .
A tractor,car,truck?
The weather has been rather cold,if he is deceased the decomposition
Probably will be much slower than on a very hot day?
I have been praying for his safe recovery.
The cold will preserve the body indefinitely. There will be tissue damage from the frostbite on the outer skin, but it does preserve the body overall.

There is a certain privilege being a Chief or a Sheriff. A person in that position can make decisions on what he or she chooses to release unless it was expressed to him not to say anything. Frankly, I am surprised at anyone being upset by him mentioning it. Again, this doesn't appear to be a criminal investigation and the evidence found doesn't compromise the search or the case.

I have not seen anyone upset about it, just people discussing it.

The Sheriff running the search clearly does not want that information getting out right now, why I have no idea. I think it is reasonable to think he would not have wanted other LE that volunteered to come assist in the search to be releasing information that he himself has repeatedly chosen not to release.

At this point, I think the shoes are a moot point in the discussion about him being alive or not. Shoes or not, it seems impossible for anybody (especially a toddler) to survive those extreme conditions unsheltered and without food/water.

http://whnt.com/2016/01/21/rogersville-first-responders-aid-in-search-for-noah-chamberlin/

“We’ve had some cold nights,” added Holden. “There’s a two-year-old with no shoes on and a t-shirt. Unless he fell in a deep hole the chances of finding him alive are slim.”

Wow

No shoes on. Was this evidence they found?

<Snipped from msm link above>

The pursuit to find little Noah Chamberlin is greatly impacted by winter weather. The frigid temperatures are creating even more urgency to locate the toddler.

&#8220;The only benefit of snow is if you can see tracks. And in this situation I don&#8217;t believe we&#8217;ll find tracks,&#8221; explained Holden.

A week into the search and rescue, the effort has been laced with unforgiving temperatures no first responder can ignore.

&#8220;We&#8217;ve had some cold nights,&#8221; added Holden. &#8220;There&#8217;s a two-year-old with no shoes on and a t-shirt. Unless he fell in a deep hole the chances of finding him alive are slim.&#8221;

Unless Noah was barefooted when he vanished, this info is very revealing, imo. Seems, someone may have just let the cat out of the bag.. If this info is true, it seems logical or reasonable to conclude that unless the shoe/s were found in a sinkhole, or he ran out of his shoes, then he did not leave the area by his own free will.. It would be interesting to know the distance from where Noah's shoe/s were found from his last known location, as well as the direction of travel. all jmo

I'm not sure what we can deduce based on the possibility that a shoe or shoes were recovered.

A 2 1/2 year old can not be assumed to have acted logically in his best interest as an adult would.

He may have had a rock get in his shoe so he took it off and then just wandered off without it. His feet may have hurt from the cold so he took his shoes off thinking it would help.

Well if that was his shoe and they indeed found it, it may rule out some kind of scenario where he was abducted, or a scenario where he was never in the forest. These were ideas that I didn't believe in, but a lot of rumours were going around, and speculation. So if his shoe was there, it seems likely the original story holds true, and he wandered off just as the grandmother said.

But sadly, if this situation was exactly as it appeared at face value, then this means he's probably not with us any longer and hasn't been for some time. :(

Has there ever been confirmation that he did in fact have shoes? I never had clarity on that. That said, this is not the first time I have heard about a shoe being recovered so it makes me wonder. I also thought Noah was in a long sleeve shirt? Did he have a tshirt underneath? Maybe I just never had clarity on the long sleeve/short sleeve thing.

The below, one of the first reports, might be helpful regarding what he was reported as wearing and also what happened prior to Noah going missing.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/local/2016/01/14/search-missing-toddler-near-pinson/78809882/

Mapes said that Noah, his grandmother and his sister, had stopped in the woods before he went missing.

"They sat down to talk and she was paying attention to the granddaughter, and when she turned around he was gone," said Tom Mapes, the spokesman for the Madison County Sheriff's Office. "She immediately went to look for him."

Noah's grandmother notified the Chester County Sheriff's Office at 1:19 p.m. of her missing grandson. Mapes said the Madison County Sheriff's Office was then called to assist in the search. The search was still ongoing after 10 p.m. Thursday.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation issued an endangered child alert for Noah, who is described as white, about 2 feet tall and 25 pounds, with blond hair and blue eyes. He was last seen wearing a long-sleeved gray shirt and blue jeans. Noah was last seen going into the woods behind his house in the 1800 block of Short Road in Pinson. If you have seen Noah call the Chester County Sheriff’s Office at (731) 989-2787 or the TBI at 1-800-TBI-FIND.

Well if that was his shoe and they indeed found it, it may rule out some kind of scenario where he was abducted, or a scenario where he was never in the forest. These were ideas that I didn't believe in, but a lot of rumours were going around, and speculation. So if his shoe was there, it seems likely the original story holds true, and he wandered off just as the grandmother said.

But sadly, if this situation was exactly as it appeared at face value, then this means he's probably not with us any longer and hasn't been for some time. :(

I agree that finding the shoes can add weight to the scenario of him wandering off from his grandmother, I would also say that finding a shoe in the forest doesn't, at this moment, prove he was in the forest the entire time or at all. It just proves that his shoe was taken to the forest, whether on his foot originally or not.

I'm not suggesting it was planted there, just thinking that, until he is found, the shoe doesn't "prove" Noah is there.

An urgent cry for aid from trained first responders. Wednesday afternoon four Rogersville police and firemen arrived to help in the massive search and rescue effort.

&#8220;They checked into the command center and went straight to searching,&#8221; said Holden.

&#8220;The only benefit of snow is if you can see tracks. And in this situation, I don&#8217;t believe we&#8217;ll find tracks,&#8221; explained Holden.

A week in, and the effort has been laced with unforgiving temperatures no first responder can ignore.

&#8220;We&#8217;ve had some cold nights,&#8221; added Holden. &#8220;There&#8217;s a two-year-old with no shoes on and a t-shirt. Unless he fell in a deep hole the chances of finding him alive are slim.&#8221;

It&#8217;s a grim reality many are logically thinking through. But the spirit, faith and love shown in the search to find Noah is abundant. A true testament to the determination each first responder has to find and return little Noah to his family.

Chief Holden says his men will stay Wednesday night and search Thursday as well. If more help is needed, they plan to send another crew up to relieve the others.

http://whnt.com/2016/01/21/rogersville-first-responders-aid-in-search-for-noah-chamberlin/

I just read this morning about the outsider police chief commenting about Noah not having any shoes on, which is most likely a slip-of-the-tongue on his part. It sounds as if the police chief and his crew were briefed on the facts of the case and were unaware that this information had not been released publicly.
It appears as if they just arrived on scene to help search yesterday and today.

Where his shoes were found could have a HUGE impact on this search effort. If they found his shoes on the outer perimeter of the search zone, or outside of the search zone, then this would indicate that he went a lot further out in the woods than LE initially thought. I'm pretty sure he would have started out with shoes on, the big question is where did he take them off and how far was it from where he was last seen ?

I suspect he would have taken his shoes off after they got soaking wet, which would have been sometime early Friday morning when the rains went through that area. The shoes may have become uncomfortable to walk in or they were hurting his feet. They may have been hurting his feet because he had walked so damn far, just like what happens to adults when they are walking on uneven trails for great distances.

Finding the shoes would be a huge kickstart in the search for him, because it would be the equivalent of having a new starting point. Forget about where he was last seen, the shoes would be a sure indicator that at one point or another Noah was standing right where they found them.

Of course on the downside of this, if they found his shoes a few hundred yards away from where he was last seen, then it hasn't made much of a difference due to hundreds of searchers scouring that area and finding nothing else.

Hopefully the media will pressure them for more information now and get them to divulge when and where his shoes were found, and at what point in the search timeline. If this statement was a mistaken assumption on the part of the police chief, then that too should be clarified by LE.

This is just so depressing. What a horrible horrible accident. I hate the thought of him stumbling around in the woods by himself trying to find someone he knows. :( I just wish the outcome could be a positive one so so badly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missingjustice89
Back