Found Deceased TN - Noah Chamberlin, 2, Pinson, 14 Jan 2016 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This was a Denver Dog that was amazing....I watched as this occurred, and he was on a mission, walking up the roadside with his handler....What an amazing dog....so yes they can find and track, even when taken in a car ten miles away....
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_18878018

Re: the usefulness of search dogs...

I think part of the confusion was/is the lack of understanding by the general public what they are, and are not capable of. In some ways I think crime based tv shows gives people a very misleading idea on all kinds of things. Search dogs, the use of luminol, how phone pings work (I've seen that one at least 14 million times, and the same questions are always asked), polygraph tests, etc.

So then when folks start discussing a legitimate investigation like the one into Noah's disappearance, they bring with them misinfo (and expectations of it) that they don't even realize is. If that makes sense?

moo.

Well, I know what SAR dogs are, and I know SAR people and I have long been pulled to actually participate in that myself.

My surprise is, how few successes there are in cases I see in the media. If I knew nothing about SAR dogs myself, I'd think they were absolutely and completely useless based on the last 15 years of missing persons cases in the news. Because in those cases, the dogs have been useless.

Heartbreaking. I believe this search was led and conducted by the best of the best. Just a very unfortunate outcome. May peace, love, strength and healing be plentiful in that dear community in the coming days. :rose:

The topic of this thread is. Noah Chamberlain and not SAR dogs. Knock it off.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

tlcya - do you remember any specifics of the dimensions of the search area? did they ever speak about specific diameters, how far they had gone out from the spot he was last seen? thank you.

R.I.P. sweetheart.

12540698_223905287945073_8201451393670324052_n.jpg

Attachments

• 12509373_1495000953851757_5796240397711532369_n.jpg
    12509373_1495000953851757_5796240397711532369_n.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 356
I am so glad he was found, although not the way I had hoped. My heart goes out to the family, especially grandma as I am the grandma of a 4 year old girl, and a 2 year old boy.

I was always vigilant with my children, but now even more so with my grandchildren. I guess it's a "not on my watch" mentality. I don't know if I could ever forgive myself if something happened under my watch, and I only hope that his grandma is surrounded by love, and does not beat herself up for the rest of her life. (It's hard to express what I wish for her.)

R.I.P. Noah and know that you were (are) loved.

Are you saying the dogs do not alert until they are close to the subject they are searching for?

Does this mean the dogs picked up his scent at the last place he was with Grandmother or at the beginning of the woods then followed the scent to where he was found?

Why did one of the previous dogs not pick up this scent and follow it? If the dog was following a scent, the dog would not know to stop at a specified distance. The scent would have been stronger on Monday when the specialized dogs from Florida were on the hunt. I believe it was Monday, correct me if I am wrong. Had those dogs picked up on a scent, there is no doubt in my mind that they wHould have left the next day.

I am confused on how this late in the search a scent was picked up when immediately after he was reported missing, and before any rain, dew, or frost, dogs did not find any scent.

Perhaps this is what happened. As we've been told, small children leave little scent. These dogs are given items belonging to Noah to get his scent but were unable to locate his scent until they actually were near him. Does that make sense?

Hurts my heart to write this... But, perhaps it was cadaver dogs that picked up his scent that lead to him being found?

That is beautiful. Did you put that together?

No, I did not put it together. But I thought whoever did put it together did a wonderful job. I had mixed emotions watching it but thought as much as this little guy touched all of us everyone here might want to see. I saw a happy little boy with his happy and loving family. And now I picture his beautiful light shining bright above us all...https://www.facebook.com/misty.gantt1/videos/1023336244375444/

For the ones who didn't catch the earlier link. Here is a link to a video of Noah and his family. As I said before, I hope it's ok to share this here. If not mods please delete.

I just seen the news that little Noah has been found. So very sad. My heart goes out to all those that are grieving right now, and may they find peace in all the wonderful memories they have had of Noah. He will always be with you in your hearts. A mammoth search effort IMO, and what terrific support in the community to find the little boy, and everyone involved many thanks to you all. It warms my heart to know there are so many good people out there.

I'm both sad and relieved that the little boy have been found, sad that he was found dead, and relieved for his family as they now know what has happened.

I saw that there have been post about why not search from the outer end of a circle and inwards to find someone, and I wonder if anyone have thought about how many searchers such a search would need. I did a quick calculation, and with a circle of a half mile radius the outer perimeter would be a little more than 3 miles, and a circle with 1½ mile radius the perimeter would be close to 10 miles. If spacing the searchers 15 feet from each-others (too far apart if searching for a child in my opinion), they would need 1000 searchers for the smaller circle, and 3000 for the larger circle, and if being 15 feet apart in the beginning they would most likely miss seeing a small child hidden somewhere, especially in such a terrain where Noah went missing. Wasn't there a post that said that it was during the second search in the area where he was found that they found him?

Jumping off the post above...how many searchers were there?

My prayers go out to everyone involved. I have a two-year old granddaughter and I cannot even fathom the pain this family must be in. I'm thankful they are of strong faith. Hopefully, even though it seems impossible, that faith will get them through this tragedy.
RIP Sweet Noah.

I'm both sad and relieved that the little boy have been found, sad that he was found dead, and relieved for his family as they now know what has happened.

I saw that there have been post about why not search from the outer end of a circle and inwards to find someone, and I wonder if anyone have thought about how many searchers such a search would need. I did a quick calculation, and with a circle of a half mile radius the outer perimeter would be a little more than 3 miles, and a circle with 1½ mile radius the perimeter would be close to 10 miles. If spacing the searchers 15 feet from each-others (too far apart if searching for a child in my opinion), they would need 1000 searchers for the smaller circle, and 3000 for the larger circle, and if being 15 feet apart in the beginning they would most likely miss seeing a small child hidden somewhere, especially in such a terrain where Noah went missing. Wasn't there a post that said that it was during the second search in the area where he was found that they found him?

The sad thing is he wasn't hidden. They found him in a clearing right outside the perimeter they had been searching. They were doing a second search in that area. They expanded the search, as they had been doing, when they found him. If they hadn't found him then they were probably going to have to pull out because of weather conditions supposed to be coming in after midnight. I feel like it was going to be a while before the weather cleared up enough for them to go back in searching again. With that being said, I'm relieved they found him before they had to stop the search. They said it was weighing on them heavily that they might have to leave him out there until they could get back in. I'm sure it was breaking their hearts more and more as time was getting closer. It is amazing the amount of people this little boy has touched over the last week. Not just here in West Tn, or across the country, but in other countries as well. I hope seeing that helps his family in their grieving process.

I'm not sure if this has been posted or not, but it is a video of the Press Conference.

[video=youtube;7Yj14spjOcs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Yj14spjOcs[/video]

Thank you for posting this, tbum, I hadn't been able to see it elsewhere. Saddest presser ever, those men are broken :(

Jumping off the post above...how many searchers were there?

My prayers go out to everyone involved. I have a two-year old granddaughter and I cannot even fathom the pain this family must be in. I'm thankful they are of strong faith. Hopefully, even though it seems impossible, that faith will get them through this tragedy.
RIP Sweet Noah.

I'm not sure of a count of how many searchers there were. I do know that people from all over West Tn and even from other states came to help in the search. That's how they were able to keep the search going day and night since he went missing.

Noah has touched my heart so much that even though they've found him I'm still having trouble leaving him here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back