Found Deceased TN - Riley Strain, 22, missing after leaving bar, Nashville, 8 March 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Extremely curious to find out what time the body cam video is from - does anyone have a 911 map of the area that shows what time the burglary call came in on Gay St?

moo, he could still be black out drunk and respond to the officer the way he did - it was a very short interaction. You usually can't tell if someone is blacked out just from looking at them.

This is what I was wondering too. Even if he was intoxicated, he's 22. It's not illegal and there's no real reason to be afraid of the cop. But I also understand the perspective/mentality of not wanting the cop to know you're intoxicated esp for someone that young. I still wish he had asked for directions!
In some jurisdictions, public intoxication is still grounds for arrest and most people will try to avoid it (though sadly, it might have saved his life).

We also don't hear his foot steps like we did on the approach after he continued past the LE. I would think he would've picked up the pace again leading to more of the sounds we heard in the beginning . Could he have maybe deviated towards the right into the grass?

JMO
I'm not up-to-date in young mens footwear, but do you think he was becoming more and more exhausted from the walking, falling and running? Those boots and his footsteps sound so sluggish.

Extremely curious to find out what time the body cam video is from - does anyone have a 911 map of the area that shows what time the burglary call came in on Gay St?

moo, he could still be black out drunk and respond to the officer the way he did - it was a very short interaction. You usually can't tell if someone is blacked out just from looking at them.
Some articles state it was at 9:50 pm.

I'm not up-to-date in young mens footwear, but do you think he was becoming more and more exhausted from the walking, falling and running? Those boots and his footsteps sound so sluggish.
No doubt. He should have at that point already been back at the hotel, crashed into a comfy bed to sleep it off. A horrible twist of fate.

I said the same thing when the family friend talked about his friends not being allowed to leave the bar with him, or Riley being roofied. Right or wrong, it’s really common to want to pass the responsibility away from the victim.

That’s one reason why I found those claims to be dubious.

Now we’re at the stage where the family really wants to hold out hope, so they’ll do anything to believe he’s not in the river. I think this is overwhelmingly the case in events like this.

When and if his body is eventually recovered from the river, the first behavior will apply again. Blame will go back to the bar, and a scenario that involves foul play will be where they wind up mentally.
Much like the families of the 3 men who died by overdose in KC... They all seem to go through the same phases don't they.

View attachment 491303
Chris Whiteid said his stepson, who he said is 6-foot-7 and weighs 155-160 pounds with blond hair and blue eyes, “stands out in a crowd.”

“Riley was the guy that knew no strangers,” Chris Whiteid continued, adding that Strain “would walk up to people, talk to them, full of life,” and is “energetic, had charisma.”

“Everybody loved Riley just because he didn’t care who you were, what group you were with. He was Riley, and you were whoever you were,” Chris Whiteid said.

Michelle Whiteid said her son is “very involved with family” and would often pay visits to aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents when he was visiting from school on the weekends.

Sounds like a lovely young man.
The world needs more people like this, not less.
Thoughts and prayers for his family and friends xx

Moo

Was Riley dealing with any mental or addiction issues? That time between being about to graduate from Uni and joining the workforce is really stressful for most. One chapter ending another one beginning. I also see on his facebook page that it says he was "In a Relationship". Did he have a girlfriend or did they recently break up? Perhaps it hasn't been updated in years for all I know.

Could there be any motive for him wanting to get away from it all or end his own life? He had his phone he could of looked at a map on, he had a police officer right there he could of asked questions to if he felt he was lost, he texted and had a last phone conversation with one of his fraternity brothers before his phone went off so there's no reason to think he was actually lost.

Was Riley dealing with any mental or addiction issues? That time between being about to graduate from Uni and joining the workforce is really stressful for most. One chapter ending another one beginning. I also see on his facebook page that it says he was "In a Relationship". Did he have a girlfriend or did they recently break up? Perhaps it hasn't been updated in years for all I know.

Could there be any motive for him wanting to get away from it all or end his own life? He had his phone he could of looked at a map on, he had a police officer right there he could of asked questions to if he felt he was lost, he texted and had a last phone conversation with one of his fraternity brothers before his phone went off so there's no reason to think he was actually lost.
Do we know anything about that last phone call?

On Sunday, police confirmed that a bank card belonging to Strain was found on the embankment near Gay Street, which is a three-minute walk from the Downtown Smoke & Vape Shop on Church Street where he was last seen on video.

'We heard a commotion. We looked back up. He almost fell over. The last bush right there caught him,' an unidentified man who lives in the camp told WZTV.

'He was very, very, very intoxicated. I never seen anybody stumble that hard before,' the man said. 'I yelled get up. They said, "He's just drunk. He's okay."'

Nashville's Office of Emergency Management used a dive team for the first time in their water searches on Saturday, but nothing conclusive was found.

True. Just speculation and hypothetical: He seems like the kind of sweet, gentle soul that would not want to burden family or friends if he were in fact experiencing some kind of psychological crisis. MOO.
Further speculation only: I have read so many accounts of suicides where the person was laughing and seemingly enjoying themselves hours prior to ending it all. Family later says, Oh, we now see that he/she didn’t want to burden us.

I was getting ready to ask the same question! If anyone in the homeless camp saw Riley fall into the bush, and not get up, or perhaps fall further down the embankment, why did no one help, especially after someone in the homeless camp heard yelling? When the homeless person stated he heard a commotion and looked, he was going to get up but someone “was already there” so he said he’s ok, just drunk”. Who was there with Riley?

Nashville Woman Claims She Saw Homeless Man Wearing What Appeared To Be Missing Missouri Student Riley Strain’s Shirt​

This if true , bothers me

When I first saw the videos, the one that got my eye was the one where Riley was clearly struggling and a guy went by on a bike. I was thinking, hopefully they are able to interview the cyclist.

Then the shirt story came out and it reportedly involved a man on a bicycle. Hmmm.

The fact that the card was found amongst some trash, tells me someone put it there. First, people normally keep cards in a wallet. Even if it was kept in a pocket, it would be highly unlikely that the card somehow got out of his pocket by accident. Under the theory that he accidentally fell in the water, what are the odds, his bank card became separated from him and fairly quickly found?

I keep my bank/credit cards in my purse, but the younger folk in my family that are of an age similar to Riley, tend to keep their cards in their phone covers. Maybe that's what Riley did?

Moo

Based on the video with the officer, I have pinpointed the officer to have been standing by the red truck in the video where the pin is in my screenshot. Riley's last known phone ping was at Gay St/James Robertson Pkwy (circled area). Is this also where the credit card was found, below the James Robertson Pkwy bridge? It was not a far distance from his interaction with the officer if that is where he entered the water.

Screenshot_20240318_155253_Maps~2.jpg

You're right. And the sound of his footsteps slows down a bit, I think, as he gets closer to the officer, like he had been walking fairly quickly initially.

The foot steps sounded very heavy/clumpy?
Um trying to find the right description and failing!
Thought I heard Riley say "I'm alright Sir, are you?" :(

moo

I said the same thing when the family friend talked about his friends not being allowed to leave the bar with him, or Riley being roofied. Right or wrong, it’s really common to want to pass the responsibility away from the victim.

That’s one reason why I found those claims to be dubious.

Now we’re at the stage where the family really wants to hold out hope, so they’ll do anything to believe he’s not in the river. I think this is overwhelmingly the case in events like this.

When and if his body is eventually recovered from the river, the first behavior will apply again. Blame will go back to the bar, and a scenario that involves foul play will be where they wind up mentally.

It's difficult isn't it?
We all like a "reason" for something to happen, because it's easier to deal with maybe? Something or someone else to blame in a situation like this? Someone else to be hurt and angry at.

Really feel for them.

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads