TN - RV Explosion, Nashville, 25 Dec 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I often tinker with my antennas on the roof too.

I don't get the 5G thing because it seemed more like a marketing need to shoehorn new any new wireless technologies into something they could market as a new generation. The things they picked were ways to support ever-growing numbers of users in limited available spectrum. So it seems like a nothing burger to me. It's hard to see how it could be part of a conspiracy.
Personally I think 5G is more of a marketing gimmick by the big providers. I get that there are some technical advantages in terms of speed and bandwidth but I see that as the big providers being able to squeeze more revenue out of what is a space limited by fundamental physics. But I don't think it is harmful.

I personally know people who have some really crazy ideas about 5G and I have tried to discuss with them where it comes from. Most of these people have wifi in their homes that they will not give up (pretty much the same technology) so the fear seems to be based on ignorance. I find it hard to believe that an IT guy would have such misguided ideas about 5G.

I think it's all just a continuation of a modern dialogue about grievance and protest and what are and are not acceptable methods for communicating and addressing one's grievances.
We can't know whether or not AQW was even paying attention to any of these arguments, let alone if he was swayed by any of them.
People are saying he wasn't into politics. If that's true, he probably hardly knew about those issues you mention.

He reminds me of the guy who shot up the concert in Vegas a few years ago. His neighbor had commented in passing after the 2016 election that it was surprising that Trump won. He said he didn't care. It's weird that someone motivated to commit a ghastly act wouldn't care about something that even mentally healthy people get worked up about.

People are saying he wasn't into politics. If that's true, he probably hardly knew about those issues you mention.

He reminds me of the guy who shot up the concert in Vegas a few years ago. His neighbor had commented in passing after the 2016 election that it was surprising that Trump won. He said he didn't care. It's weird that someone motivated to commit a ghastly act wouldn't care about something that even mentally healthy people get worked up about.

I was thinking of the Vegas man too for some reason. Warner don’t seem to be a firearms fanatic tho. Warner doesn’t seem to fit in any of the boxes that most of these others do.

I often tinker with my antennas on the roof too.

I don't get the 5G thing because it seemed more like a marketing need to shoehorn new any new wireless technologies into something they could market as a new generation. The things they picked were ways to support ever-growing numbers of users in limited available spectrum. So it seems like a nothing burger to me. It's hard to see how it could be part of a conspiracy.

Even though 5G shouldn't be part of conspiracy theories, it is in fact part of several such widely believed theories, as are discussed in this article that I also posted upthread. Conspiracy theories aren't rational, but are currently very popular among some people. Some conspiracy movements such as QAnon incorporate many such theories into a sort of toxic stew.

5G Towers | Is 5G Safe? - 5G Conspiracy Theories, Debunked

JMO

Last edited:
I keep thinking about how the neighbors said he was so good to his dogs, even building them the ramp so they didn't have to struggle with climbing stairs.

What prompted this guy who was so kind and considerate of his animals to do such a thing so potentially destructive to his own species?

He might not have been. Or it might come out later that he had some strong beliefs and kept them to himself. A lot of mentally healthy people get worked up about it exactly because they care. Of course, unhealthy people can get worked up and care about it too! But I also know some pretty healthy people who just aren't all that political.

Most bombers I can think of are pretty political. Examples I mentioned earlier like the IRA, McVeigh, Boston Bombers, etc. But the mafia did car bombings too and that wasn't political in the sense we usually think of it, I guess it maybe was if you consider them as kind of a micro-culture with its own internal politics. Or maybe for them it was just score settling. If it's true he targeted AT&T there's likely either some political and/or score settling component.

I wonder if he blamed 5G for the cancer (if a diagnosis of cancer is true).
The article below quotes an unnamed source close to the investigation:

‘We are waiting on the digital footprint that should finally provide us with some answers,’ the source explained.

‘The unofficial motive thus far is the suspect believed 5G was the root of all deaths in the region and he’d be hailed a hero.’

Death of Nashville Christmas bomber's father fueled 5G conspiracy theory | Daily Mail Online

Feds investigate whether Nashville bomber motivated by ‘paranoia over 5G technology’ | WKRN News 2

Federal investigators are “looking seriously” at whether “paranoia over 5G technology” led an Antioch man to detonate a bomb inside of an RV in downtown Nashville Christmas morning, killing himself, injuring three others and damaging more than 40 buildings, according to law enforcement sources.

The sources told ABC News that Anthony Quinn Warner, 63, may have been motivated, at least in part, by that paranoia, which also possibly extended to “a range of things, including the existence of life in outer space.

This is a strange one for sure. I find it interesting how he went out of his way to treat his dogs with such care. If he built a ramp for the dogs, he was probably taking very, very, very good care of them.

And then, he just gave his stuff away... the houses, the car. Why? I know he planned to do this and that involved him dying, but still. I don’t think even in suicide cases we get a lot of people just giving stuff away, let alone big things like houses and cars.

I’m not trying to sleuth anyone besides Warner, but the younger person that got the house recently might have been the closest thing to a daughter that he might have had.

I also don’t think he had a bad relationship with his mother by the way she described him as being a good man, he probably just wanted to do things his way and they disagreed on who should keep the house. I feel terrible for his mother who is obviously suffering and for this other person who ended up getting dragged into this and who might be suffering too.

The article below quotes an unnamed source close to the investigation:

‘We are waiting on the digital footprint that should finally provide us with some answers,’ the source explained.

‘The unofficial motive thus far is the suspect believed 5G was the root of all deaths in the region and he’d be hailed a hero.’

Death of Nashville Christmas bomber's father fueled 5G conspiracy theory | Daily Mail Online

And now comes the time where MSM is picking up their stories from social media posts as in the recent past for their stories? (as to "unofficial motive")

This is a strange one for sure. I find it interesting how he went out of his way to treat his dogs with such care. If he built a ramp for the dogs, he was probably taking very, very, very good care of them.

And then, he just gave his stuff away... the houses, the car. Why? I know he planned to do this and that involved him dying, but still. I don’t think even in suicide cases we get a lot of people just giving stuff away, let alone big things like houses and cars.

I’m not trying to sleuth anyone besides Warner, but the younger person that got the house recently might have been the closest thing to a daughter that he might have had.

I also don’t think he had a bad relationship with his mother by the way she described him as being a good man, he probably just wanted to do things his way and they disagreed on who should keep the house. I feel terrible for his mother who is obviously suffering and for this other person who ended up getting dragged into this and who might be suffering too.

I have asked on the thread a couple of times, who pays taxes when a house is given in a quit claim deed.

Yep... I finally went down that rabbit hole. Quit claim for a house falls under the gift restrictions of $15,000 maximum. It's like winning a bunch of cr*p on a game show worth $15,000! Yoo hoo... you pay taxes on it. (With gift, the giver can pay taxes on it, but if not, the person who receives it has too as far as I can find)

So.... who paid taxes for gift on the 2019 house? It's said that the 2020 quit claim wasn't known about by the receiver.

I have asked on the thread a couple of times, who pays taxes when a house is given in a quit claim deed.

Yep... I finally went down that rabbit hole. Quit claim for a house falls under the gift restrictions of $15,000 maximum. It's like winning a bunch of cr*p on a game show worth $15,000! Yoo hoo... you pay taxes on it. (With gift, the giver can pay taxes on it, but if not, the person who receives it has too as far as I can find)

So.... who paid taxes for gift on the 2019 house? It's said that the 2020 quit claim wasn't known about by the receiver.
I mean, a house is a house. And it doesn’t really look like those houses were in bad shape whatsoever.

Yeah, whoever got it would have to pay taxes sure. They could sell the house, or rent it. I’m sure renting would end up being beneficial. Can someone donate a house to a non-profit for example?

I don't think "source close to the investigation" means SM.

Agree, that is totally separate from your new quote and not what I said in my quote re 5G (not LE ) that is why I did the quote from

And now comes the time where MSM is picking up their stories from social media posts as in the recent past for their stories? (as to "unofficial motive")

"The unofficial motive thus far is the suspect believed 5G was the root of all deaths in the region and he’d be hailed a hero.’"

Long article so differentiated from other stuff in the article which was "close to the investigation" in another part of the article. Thanks for pointing out many sources to delineate at Death of Nashville Christmas bomber's father fueled 5G conspiracy theory | Daily Mail Online

"The unofficial motive thus far is the suspect believed 5G was the root of all deaths in the region and he’d be hailed a hero.’"

Long article so differentiated from other stuff in the article which was "close to the investigation" in another part of the article. Thanks for pointing out many sources to delineate at Death of Nashville Christmas bomber's father fueled 5G conspiracy theory | Daily Mail Online
The article is direct quoting only one unnamed source (that supposedly has ties to the investigation). The quotes I posted by that person (called "the source") are in consecutive paragraphs, including the quote about the unofficial motive. The word quote is key here.

The grantor pays gift taxes when he or she gives away more than $13,000 in any year. So theoretically AQW would have to pay gift tax on transfers made. However, this is all self reported. You have to voluntarily tell the IRS you made large gifts. So I doubt anyone paid anything related to the quitclaim deeds.

ETA: Quitclaim transfers ownership of a piece of property but it doesn’t transfer any liabilities or past tax debt. The grantee DOES have to pay property tax going forward unless it is otherwise arranged.

Even without immediate tax implications there are plenty of reasons you wouldn’t want to own random property. There’s future property taxes, insurance, you’re liable for what happens on the property. There could be something wrong with it and you may not be able to sell it without significant repairs. I mean we own some undeveloped forest land and I’m always worried about a tree falling down on the street and me being responsible.

Unless someone was gifting me a brand new fully rented office building or a mansion with low property taxes I don’t think I’d want their property either!

Last edited:
This might explain a lot if it turns out to be true. Maybe it really wasn’t rage, but a misguided belief that we were all being killed by 5G (AT&T) & his intent was to save us.

I don’t mean to minimize what he did, but I agree with @SharonNeedles that it might not have come from rage. I’m seeing a very mentally ill man, and I’m really wondering about the cancer he told an ex that he had. If he wasn’t actually diagnosed, I think he might have been having obsessive, intrusive thoughts and all his actions don’t make any sense to us because they were completely irrational.

It’s a sad story for everyone affected. I’m so glad no one else was killed and I soooooooo hope everyone found their pets. People’s homes are destroyed. This man did a lot of damage, but I’m not sure his intent was malicious. We’ll see as more comes out of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper