Found Safe TN - Sandra Watkins, 35, dropped off kids to husband, phone pinged in MS, Murfreesboro, 29 Apr 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
MURFREESBORO, Tenn. (WZTV) — The Murfreesboro Police Department announced the search for a missing mother Thursday.

Sandra Watkins was last seen on April 29 when she dropped her kids off to her husband in Murfreesboro. Police say family members last heard from her on April 30 via text message.

Her vehicle, a 2011 black Chrysler 200 with TN plate CVL429, was spotted in Gwinnett County, Georgia, on May 6. The next day her cell phone pinged in Gautier, Mississippi. Authorities believe she has no known connections to Mississippi.

The Murfreesboro Police Department said Watkins has a history of mental illness, suicide attempts, drug use and may have recently been diagnosed with cancer.

Anyone with information on her whereabouts is urged to call Detective Cody Thomas at 629-201-5537.

13840511-0d1d-4f1c-83d3-1eeff16443d3-large16x9_MurfreesboroPolicesearchingformissingmotherSandraWatkinslastspottedinGeorgia.MurfreesboroPolicephoto.png

Murfreesboro Police searching for missing mother last seen dropping her kids off

The Murfreesboro Police Department says 35-year-old Sandra Kay Watkins was last seen on April 29 when she dropped her kids off to her husband in Murfreesboro. She last communicated with family and friends via text message on April 30.

Police searching for missing Mufreesboro woman

upload_2020-5-8_12-46-46.jpeg
So this would be the map of her route (I’m sure we’re missing some stops etc) first point is April 29 when dropping off boys to dad. then next point (the pin) her car is seen in Georgia on May 6? (Who spotted her car? Is there video/photo evidence?) the VERY next day her phone pings so much further away down in MS, close to New Orleans. Which means she spent several days in TN/Georgia, and then in one day hightailed it down to the Gulf. The route makes no sense to me. Also, an impromptu road trip during the virus?? Hard to believe she’s doing okay but let’s just hope she is alive. While at first I always think of the estranged ex, this would only be a possible scenario if he had a friend driving her car around and using her cell phone in different places. Which has happened on several occasions but it’s less likely, Moo!

This is probably not something that applies here but it has been bugging me since I started reading this thread and especially now that I see that the phone was in "airplane" mode. Several weeks ago, there was an episode of "Good Girls" where, in part of an effort to cover up the murder of a character in the show, someone used the victim's phone to send a break-up text then shipped the phone to another state so that when pinged or searched for on "find my phone", the phone would make it seem like the person had just flown out of state so that their loved one would not go looking for them. I know it is a HUGE long shot but it is not unheard of for perpetrators of crimes to use ideas from shows or movies they've watched. This may be something to keep in consideration when a person has an unexpected disappearance and their cell phone pings states away within a day or two..

Last edited:
@ConcernedFamilyMember thanks so much for your post! welcome, and so sorry its under these circumstances. unfortunately, anyone claiming to have insight needs to become a Verified Insider in order to post inside knowledge.. its to keep Websleuths a trustworthy resource, and not rumor fodder like facebook, so please understand we don't mean to be exclusive of some of the MOST valuable posting that this site sees.
Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters
<modsnip: removed reference to inside info that is pending VI status>and I hate the way this makes me feel about this case.
So I would assume at this point that the children are not with him? or they are and he lied and said that she dropped them off (when in reality he..got them from the hotel she left them at?) I hope her sons are in a safe place.
I'm baffled by this case, I keep thinking foul play but.. how are her belongings moving around the way they have seemed to be.. ?

Oh wow @RememberingRyan that's so... disturbing. people definitely get their ideas from TV and movies and I hadn't thought of that... if this is foul play, finding her car in Georgia would point to that theory being quite possible..
I wonder, given the amount of travel, if the FBI will be introduced to this case sometime soon..

Last edited by a moderator:
This is probably not something that applies here but it has been bugging me since I started reading this thread and especially now that I see that the phone was in "airplane" mode. Several weeks ago, there was an episode of "Good Girls" where, in part of an effort to cover up the murder of a character in the show, someone used the victim's phone to send a break-up text then shipped the phone to another state so that when pinged or searched for on "find my phone", the phone would make it seem like the person had just flown out of state so that their loved one would not go looking for them. I know it is a HUGE long shot but it is not unheard of for perpetrators of crimes to use ideas from shows or movies they've watched. This may be something to keep in consideration when a person has an unexpected disappearance and their cell phone pings states away within a day or two..

Jeez, I can't even imagine if this is the case; HOPEFULLY now after meeting with the detective, he's on the same page as before it seemed like the only possible scenario was she went off on vacation and didn't want to be disturbed(and they didn't see any other way anything else could have happened... wtf)

so glad you came to websleuths, and your family is lucky that you flew in for support. That all sounds like its so stressful.. but im so glad to hear the boys are in a safe place, indeed heartwrenching on his birthday.. We are here for you, @ConcernedFamilyMember, we're rooting for news of Sandra's safe return as soon as possible!

Could she have possibly meet a person online and went to visit them?

However this is all sounding very strange, it doesn't appear this lady would leave her children with this man, so it had to be an emergency or a mental break down.

Or she never voluntarily left them there.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back