TN TN - Shelley Mook, 24, Shelbyville, 28 Feb 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That is a bunch of BS!!!! And I dont know how they'd be able to keep the 6 year old from her Grandmother. They would have visitation rights there since she's a grandparent. And how stupid they can't bring up that Shelley is missing.

Above BBM.. Unfortunately here in Tennessee as of the time of my divorce proceedings(4 excruciatingly long years 2000-2004).. As of that time I can attest that IN THE STATE OF TENNESSEE GRANDPARENTS HAVE NO RIGHTS TO NOT ONLY CUSTODY, BUT NO RIGHTS TO EVEN VISITATION AS WELL.. We found this out first hand as my mother, therefor my only son's maternal grandmother(and coincidentally my mother's ONLY grandchild) throughout our long and purposefully drawn out divorce proceedings by my ex.. During this time my mom, as the grandmother hired her own atty about 1 yr into the proceedings(extremely highly regarded family law atty) upon seeing the craziness that my ex was stooping to in attempts to hurt me for leaving him by using our only son as a pawn with which to inflict the most pain and heartache for me(sadly my case is not unusual at all but rather has become the "norm" for which some parents exact their revenge on their soon to be ex spouse for daring to leave them)..

Extremely long story short is that unfortunately things got really ugly and dangerous with threats made on me to the point that my mom was actually having to look at avenues with her atty for what would be her rights, as the maternal grandmother should I somehow no longer be in the picture at all(iow deceased).. This is exactly how we found out that in the state of Tennessee a grandparent has zero rights to custody.. And as hard as some may find it to believe that they have zero rights even to having a visitation schedule with their grandchild.. If the father is the primary custodial parent(as would have been the case had I become deceased and his found to have no responsibility in my death).. And put it this way my moms fear was that with his strong and deep LE ties, she feared that he could possibly get away with something.. And with dad having primary custody then it is at his sole discretion as to when or how or even IF he "chooses" to "allow" the grandparent to see and/or havie any access to the child.. Grandparents do not even have the right to have phone access to the child.. Again the full discretion is with the primary custodial parent, period..

So, I can personally attest as to when I was involved and went through divorce proceedings here in the state of Tennessee that at that time GRANDPARENTS HAD NO RIGHTS WHATSOEVER..

A year of tears, hopes

snip

Today marks a milestone for the family of a popular eighth grade reading teacher at Harris Middle School who disappeared last year.

Friends and family will gather this evening for a simple candlelit remembrance ceremony at a playground at Billings Park in Edinboro, Shelley's home town.

According to Kristen Helm, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation spokesperson, the case remains open and active.

http://www.t-g.com/story/1820354.html

Wow, I can't believe it's been a year since Shelley went missing. My prayers for her family.

Shelley still has not been found. :(

At least her ex does NOT have full custody of their precious child.

Here is an update:

http://www.wsmv.com/story/15153441/judge-rules-on-custody-of-missing-teachers-child#

SHELBYVILLE, TN (WSMV) - Tyler Mook is the last known person to have seen Shelley Mook alive and, according to Judge Lee Russell, "some troubling inconsistencies developed in Tyler Mook's testimony about his final encounter with Shelley Mook and the time period immediately after the disappearance."

Mook will now have to take anger management classes. He'll be subject to random drug tests and, when it comes to his 6-year-old daughter, he'll only have supervised visits.

The ruling also had a difficult task for Shelley Mook's mother, Debrah Sikora.

Russell said Sikora will have to get along with Tyler Mook and his family for the sake of the child.

Happy Birthday Shelley!! I hope that you are found soon and justice is served.

Tales of loss lead annual top story list

Two stories that touched the hearts of local readers top this year's list of the top 10 local stories as determined by a poll of the Times-Gazette staff.

[snip]

Shelbyville teacher Shelley Mook has not been seen since late February, and authorities fear the worst.

The search for Mook helped bring attention to two earlier missing-persons cases, involving Bobby Smelcer, who disappeared in late 2010, and Antonio Taylor, who has been missing since 1999.

More: http://www.t-g.com/story/1799582.html

Shelley is once again mentioned in this local newspaper article, where sadly, the skull of Mr. Smelcer was found down by our local river. Link to story is here:
http://www.t-g.com/story/1843822.html

I have lived here for 22 years now, and we are generally a quiet little town. Shelley has not been forgotten here, and there are occasional activities planned to remember and even search for the missing.

I don't know if it has been brought up on this thread, but there is another lady who disappeared just a few miles up the road "as the crow flies" from where Shelley disappeared. Marcie Smith disappeared on Dec. 6, 2007 from Murfreesboro. She is the mother-in law of a popular dentist here in Shelbyville where Shelley was last seen. I don't think there is any relation to the cases, other than the facts that both husbands were the last to see the missing wives, both cars they were driving were recovered without a trace of the women, and both women remain missing. Murfreesboro was where Shelley was getting an apartment, I believe.

Still hoping that these and other missing persons are alive out there somewhere...

In a country that seems so overcrowded in some places...it is still too dam*ed easy to hide a body so that it is never found...

Channel 4 News has confirmed Mook's ex-husband, Tyler, worked for CSX, the company that owns the tracks and area where workers searched, but the TBI isn't elaborating on any possible connection.

A former coworker said Tyler Mook was fired from his job back in December. That coworker said no one she knows has seen or heard from him since then.

Channel 4 contacted Tyler Mook's attorney Thursday to see if they had anything to say about the newest search, but the only comment was "no comment."
http://www.waff.com/story/19471301/renewed-search-shelley-mook

http://yourerie.com/fulltext?nxd_id=256832

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has renewed its search in rural Franklin County for missing Shelbyville teacher Shelley Mook after receiving new leads.

A command post was set up September 6 along the CSX railroad tracks in Cowan, Tennessee and officials and volunteers were conducting a ground search of the area.

I do not see anything new in this article, but it "bumps" up her thread. Thinking about Shelley

http://www.t-g.com/story/1903639.html

Sunday, October 14, 2012
By BRIAN MOSELY ~ bmosely@t-g.com
The ex-husband of a missing Harris Middle School teacher has been ordered to stay away from his own child after alleged talk about burning down a grandparent's home.
A temporary restraining order was signed against Tyler Mook, ex-husband of Shelly Mook, who disappeared in early 2011, after an emergency motion to suspend his visitation rights was filed by Debra Sikora, Shelly Mook's mother and primary custodian of her granddaughter.

Allegations

Evidence was heard this week before Circuit Court Judge Lee Russell in which Tyler and Kim Mook, the child's paternal grandmother, allegedly had conversations with the girl about burning down Sikora's home in Pennsylvania.

The restraining order was filed against Tyler, Kim and also Jim Mook, the child's grandfather. A hearing is set for Oct. 30 at 9 a.m. on the matter before Russell.

Authorities have said that Tyler is considered a "person of interest" in the case since his ex-wife's disappearance last year.

Background

Shelly Mook was last seen on the afternoon of Feb. 28, 2011, at Tyler's home outside Shelbyville as she dropped off their daughter. Her burned car was found that night near Murfreesboro.

A $20,000 reward remains in effect for information in the case. Call the Bedford County Sheriff's Department, (931) 684-3232, or the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, (800) TBI-FIND.

Search conducted for 5 Bedford County missing persons cases

The families surrounding five Bedford County missing persons cases are seeking new closure.

A search covering nearly two miles got under way Saturday around the Duck River. Investigators were hoping to find any clue to any case in what they were calling "an area of interest."

[snip]

Yet another case is Shelley Mook, the Shelbyville teacher who went missing in February 2011. Her burned car was later found in Murfreesboro.

More: http://www.wsmv.com/story/19995128/search-conducted-for-5-bedford-county-missing-persons-cases

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back