TN TN - Shelley Mook, 24, Shelbyville, 28 Feb 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That is a bunch of BS!!!! And I dont know how they'd be able to keep the 6 year old from her Grandmother. They would have visitation rights there since she's a grandparent. And how stupid they can't bring up that Shelley is missing.

Is Shelley presumed dead? and why do LE think that she is no longer alive? Have they found anything (other than her burned out car) to suggest she is no longer alive.

I thought a person could not be declared legally dead until 7 years have gone by.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/15127290/missing-teachers-husband-fights-for-child-custody

That and his parents are in court to get full custody of the Shelley's 6 yr old daughter requesting NO visiting rights for Shelley's mom. They are not allowed to bring up in court the fact that Shelley is MISSING which makes for very interesting testimony.

"Tyler (Mook)'s attorney painted Tyler as a caring father who, since Shelley disappeared, has been staying with his parents and has been providing a good and safe home for his little girl.
(Shelley's mom Debra) Sikora's attorney tried to show that Tyler is a violent drug dealer who physically abused Shelley and their daughter when they were together.
While the subject of Shelley's disappearance wasn't allowed to be brought up in court, the couples tumultuous relationship came up often."

"In the mean time, the little girl will split her time between Tyler Mook and Sikora as she has been doing since her mother vanished."

I didn't think Tyler was letting Shelley's mom see the little girl. But according to this article the time is split. Of course that is how it is supposed to be not how it is ACTUALLY occuring in the real world as we all know.

Watching this article made me a little sick to my stomach. I am so afraid the way the courts are today, Tyler will get custody and Debra will not be able to get to see her. It happens all the time and is so unfair to everyone especially the child. I just wish the would just slip up and they could either find Shelley or the proof they need to lay her to rest and put him behind bars.

:banghead:

Figures - as per my observation in so many cases:
In just about all the cases of where there's a pending or recent divorce and then wife goes missing - always a red flag that the husband killed his wife.... It a control thing!

I haven't forgotten about Shelley, her daughter or her family.
icon9.gif

Figures - as per my observation in so many cases:
In just about all the cases of where there's a pending or recent divorce and then wife goes missing - always a red flag that the husband killed his wife.... It a control thing!

Whats sad is these 's get away with it!

Is Shelley presumed dead? and why do LE think that she is no longer alive? Have they found anything (other than her burned out car) to suggest she is no longer alive.

I thought a person could not be declared legally dead until 7 years have gone by.

The burned out car, no contact with family or children, custody battle with the ex-husband, the absence of any sign that she is still alive............
:cry:

My heart hurts for these families
icon9.gif

Bumping for Shelley who was last seen 8 months ago today.

:bump: for Shelley

Well, another mother has gone missing in Tennessee. There are 4 missing women in a pretty tight area in Tennessee. Three of the women are mothers; each having difficulties with their spouse. Shelley, Gail Palmgren, and now Karen Johnson Swift (Look at a map of Signal Mountain, Shelbyville, and Dyersburg). I worry about these cases as they seem to grow cold with very little evidence. I hope that Karen's case does not grow cold. I hope today that something will break in Shelley's case and that she will be found.

Here is a link to Karen's WS page: TN TN - Karen Johnson Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Governor offers $10,000 reward in Shelley Mook case

A $10,000 reward is being offered by Gov. Bill Haslam for information in the Shelley Mook case.

Mook was last seen Feb. 28 at the home of her ex-husband in Bedford County where she had taken their child.

more at http://www.t-g.com/story/1743978.html

Is there some sort of value system placed on missing persons by the governor?
Wouldn't they offer the same reward in every case?

My thoughts exactly Houndstooth!!

:bump: for Shelley

Well, another mother has gone missing in Tennessee. There are 4 missing women in a pretty tight area in Tennessee. Three of the women are mothers; each having difficulties with their spouse. Shelley, Gail Palmgren, and now Karen Johnson Swift (Look at a map of Signal Mountain, Shelbyville, and Dyersburg). I worry about these cases as they seem to grow cold with very little evidence. I hope that Karen's case does not grow cold. I hope today that something will break in Shelley's case and that she will be found.

Here is a link to Karen's WS page: TN TN - Karen Johnson Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Two are from East Tennessee near Chattanooga: Gail Palmgren and Marsha Brantly

One is from Middle Tennessee near Nashville: Shelley Mook

Two are from West Tennessee (closer to Memphis): Holly Bobo and now Karen Swift

Holly seems to have been kidnapped and was reported right away.

Gail, Karen, and Shelley drove away and were not seen again.
Gail nor her red jeep were ever found.
Karen drove away and her car was found.
Shelley drove away and her burned-out car was found near Manchester.

Marsha Brantley disappeared from Cleveland in East TN in May/June 2009 but wasn't reported missing until her extended family realized she was gone in November 2009. It's considered a cold case - very cold, I think. Her husband never bothered to report her! I really don't understand this one since she worked for Lee University in Cleveland and someone should have checked on her over the years - it's beyond strange.

Donated billboard keeps missing persons in view

A national organization has donated a billboard featuring photos of Shelbyville's Missing.

Installed near the 1200 block of Madison Street facing east, the photos of Bobby Smelcer, Antonio Taylor and Shelley Jones Mook remind drivers of the families who continue to search for their missing loved ones.

More: http://www.t-g.com/story/1783508.html

Two are from East Tennessee near Chattanooga: Gail Palmgren and Marsha Brantly

One is from Middle Tennessee near Nashville: Shelley Mook

Two are from West Tennessee (closer to Memphis): Holly Bobo and now Karen Swift

Holly seems to have been kidnapped and was reported right away.

Gail, Karen, and Shelley drove away and were not seen again.
Gail nor her red jeep were ever found.
Karen drove away and her car was found.
Shelley drove away and her burned-out car was found near Manchester.

Marsha Brantley disappeared from Cleveland in East TN in May/June 2009 but wasn't reported missing until her extended family realized she was gone in November 2009. It's considered a cold case - very cold, I think. Her husband never bothered to report her! I really don't understand this one since she worked for Lee University in Cleveland and someone should have checked on her over the years - it's beyond strange.

A little tongue-in-cheek, I am beginning to wonder if there is some online course offered in Tennessee on how to get rid of a wife / soon-to-be-exwife. This doesn't explain Holly, but... I just wish that at least ONE of these cases would be solved and it could be rubbed in to those responsible for the disappearance of the others.

Tales of loss lead annual top story list

Two stories that touched the hearts of local readers top this year's list of the top 10 local stories as determined by a poll of the Times-Gazette staff.

[snip]

Shelbyville teacher Shelley Mook has not been seen since late February, and authorities fear the worst.

The search for Mook helped bring attention to two earlier missing-persons cases, involving Bobby Smelcer, who disappeared in late 2010, and Antonio Taylor, who has been missing since 1999.

More: http://www.t-g.com/story/1799582.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abbytross
Back