GUILTY TN - Six elementary students killed in Chattanooga school bus crash, 21 Nov 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't know what's going on here. So, the wreck was at 317 Talley Road. Below is an article showing a group of cheerleaders praying over the accident site, and you can clearly see the address on the mailbox is "317".

[video=cnn;us/2016/11/22/driver-charged-school-bus-crash-martin-savidge-newday-pkg.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/22/us/tennessee-chattanooga-school-bus-accident/index.html[/video]

So you google 317 Talley Road, Chattanooga, TN and here's your map. 317 is the 3rd house on the left, after the intersection of Talley and Midwoode Road. At that stretch, you can't land the little yellow guy on the road - and only that stretch. You can land him anywhere else in the whole area.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...0x88606728c4457fa3:0x4b37e5e7cdb94 d82?hl=en

Does anyone else see it differently? Sorry to pick nits, I just noticed this with the other Tennessee horrific crime, and now here it is again with this one.

I believe the tree the bus hit is in the front yard of 318 Talley Road, not 317.

attachment.php

I hate to chase this question down a rabbit trail, but am I the only one whose google maps does this? Not allow the little yellow guy to land in the road where the bus accident occurred? Everybody else doesn't see that break in the blue line right at the address 317 Talley?

I see the break in the line, but you can still access that area, if you drop to the north or south and move the little guy.

BTW, the lady who said the wreck happened in her yard lives at 318.

Out of interest is there routine random drug and alcohol testing for school bus drivers? If there isn't there should be.

I agree the school buses should definitely have suitable seatbelts. When I went on the school bus here in Scotland even in the 90s we had to wear them. I think there would likely still be loss of life in this tragedy though the bus has basically been crushed and halved in two.

I agree lawsuits won't bring these precious children back to life but the bus company should be held liable if there has been a reckless disregard for the safety of these poor children. The families of the injured children will need money to pay for rehabilitation, psychological trauma care and medical care costs which could be significant.

I see the break in the line, but you can still access that area, if you drop to the north or south and move the little guy.

I realize at this point, I've really belabored this point to death. My whole point is, in the case of the Christian/Newsome murders in Tennessee, Google maps also at that time blocked access to look at that house on streetview. Although you can get around this problem by landing the yellow guy near there and pushing him through the unavailable area, I just think it's sensitive and respectful of whoever is doing this in Tennessee to make rubbernecking a little harder.

Not that I'm not guilty of trying to rubberneck. :( It's just that someone has tried to block off access to the accident scene on streetview.

Sorry to belabor the point. I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees that it's a "no land zone", and the only such one in the area. Can't be a pure coincidence.

I realize at this point, I've really belabored this point to death. My whole point is, in the case of the Christian/Newsome murders in Tennessee, Google maps also at that time blocked access to look at that house on streetview. Although you can get around this problem by landing the yellow guy near there and pushing him through the unavailable area, I just think it's sensitive and respectful of whoever is doing this in Tennessee to make rubbernecking a little harder.

Not that I'm not guilty of trying to rubberneck. :( It's just that someone has tried to block off access to the accident scene on streetview.

Sorry to belabor the point. I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees that it's a "no land zone", and the only such one in the area. Can't be a pure coincidence.

I agree and it's very interesting. Glad you noticed it.

View attachment 105035

I hate to chase this question down a rabbit trail, but am I the only one whose google maps does this? Not allow the little yellow guy to land in the road where the bus accident occurred? Everybody else doesn't see that break in the blue line right at the address 317 Talley?

It allows me to land at the point of the crash. It doesn't show any images past the point of the crash, until the next block. That is not unusual for Google Maps. Like most Google services, it is buggy and incomplete.

Out of interest is there routine random drug and alcohol testing for school bus drivers? If there isn't there should be.

no there shouldn't be....that would open up a whole big can of worms....should teachers and principals be randomly tested also? would you like that at your job? i certainly wouldn't,

think about how many hundreds of thousands of buses transport kids to school everyday safely, although this is sad, this is an extremely isolated incident that has been blown out of preportion, just like a lot of recent news stories,

no there shouldn't be....that would open up a whole big can of worms....should teachers and principals be randomly tested also? would you like that at your job? i certainly wouldn't,

think about how many hundreds of thousands of buses transport kids to school everyday safely, although this is sad, this is an extremely isolated incident that has been blown out of preportion, just like a lot of recent news stories,

Actually, I do believe bus drivers are subject to the DOT regulations when it comes to drug and alcohol testing. They are required to be in a random drug testing pool and random selections would be made on a quarterly basis. There are many regulations that bus drivers are exempt from but the drug testing regulations are not one of them.

https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/newsroom/transportation-trades-department-school-bus-summit

Many persons are subjected to random testing through their jobs. Like me. The agency nurse could come to my office and demand I pee for her right now if the boss said so.

I'm not sure why peeps participate in discussions they don't feel should exist.

I don't consider discussing a horrible deadly incident with an unsafe driver and children to be blowing anything out of proportion. Nobody is forcing me to read and write in this thread.

When DH drove, he had an initial drug test to get the job, and one random drug test. Had he been in an accident of any sort, he would have been drug tested again.

View attachment 105035

I have the gap in the blue line yes, but I dropped the little man in the middle of that gap and it worked anyway. I think I might know what it is. Very slightly to the north of 317 you lose a little as it jumps to older shots of streetview. I think it loses a little footage but it's marked on the map with the gap in the blue line in slightly the wrong location, also it's not as big of a distance that is missing. Cut that gap in half and move it slightly north and it would be more accurate.

You're good it's not anything dubious or anything only you is having an issue with.

When DH drove, he had an initial drug test to get the job, and one random drug test. Had he been in an accident of any sort, he would have been drug tested again.

As it should be IMO

Without the proper resources, it's only a matter of time before this happens again. I find it hard to believe that in the US such a tragedy occurred for lack of funds to do the right thing in the first place. Jmo.

NO alcohol or drugs per CNN on air.

NO alcohol or drugs per CNN on air.

yes, just saw that too. That is a bit of a relief. Although it still doesn't explain why he was speeding with a bus full of young children onboard.

I'm not having any problems with Google map. 318 is the brick mailbox.

Although I agree, we can go too far, I had to agree to submit to random testing, provide my own vehicle, and was required to carry a specified amount of insurance coverage (quite costly), for the organization that I worked for and I never hauled children. Sometimes a co-worker, but even that was quite rare. After they implement the drug screens they usually find that most folks are clean, and it's a cost they don't want to keep paying, so they stop the testing, unless they get suspicious of someone having a problem then they'll randomly test that person and a couple others.

yes, just saw that too. That is a bit of a relief. Although it still doesn't explain why he was speeding with a bus full of young children onboard.

I'm not surprised - there didn't seem to be much evidence he was "impaired" by anything except extreme recklessness.

what about portable classrooms?

they are isolated from the entire school

i don't see how a bus aide would have helped this situation, and there is really no proof seat belts would have helped either

Seatbelts would likely have helped the ejected kids, mentioned in the 911 calls.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deborah_Swell
Back