Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #2 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
PRESS CONFERENCE COMING UP

Brandon Bates on Twitter
TBI official is at the Monroe County Sheriff’s office and a press conference will be held shortly with details in SP’s case. @wbir

It's so late at night for a presser. I pray RP has confessed and told where SP is and a recovery is taking place. MOO.

Last edited by a moderator:
So they are looking for her in Tennessee? Not Kentucky?
I doubt he was foolish enough to take her to KY, now that I think about it. I do feel she's probably close to home. They live on a mountain road- their driveway is a mile long. I get the vibe he didn't travel too far with her because then he wouldn't have been home in time for the infamous room check, to which times and characters change on a daily basis.

I do wonder if it happened on that night, or possibly a night or two before. Somehow, those phones got to KY.

You know, he was so upset, he couldn't eat, sleep or leave the house. Yet, there he was in Kentucky last night was it? I wonder what excuse he told his family that he had to go that far away, you know, seeing how upset he was and all?
I believe him. It’d be impossible to eat, sleep, etc when the FBI has been called in. To your HOME. And you are a RAPIST. With DNA being inserted into little envelopes. Scumb@g.

Nancy Grace's show was taped today before RP was arrested. The lead investigator in SP's case, Monroe County, Tennessee, Sheriff’s Detective Jason Fillyaw was the guest.

A few of the points they discussed:

The missing items from SP's room were the fitted sheet on SP's bed, both cell phones and some of her clothing. The parents didn't know what items of clothing were missing, but said some clothing was missing. SP's pajamas were wadded up near the bed. Much discussion about how weird it was that the sheet was missing. One of Nancy's experts pointed out how important it would be to test the remaining sheets for signs of a sexual assault.

The reason for the two phones, according to the parents, was that the cell phone from Georgia was through a cell phone carrier whose service didn't work well in Tennessee so her parents got her a new phone with a different cell phone carrier. Nancy Grace discussed the weirdness of SP taking two phones but no charger.

As so many of you have mentioned, they discussed the fact that the screen was definitely cut from the inside.

Sheriff said a motivation for the move was that the father was starting to have some health issues and wanted to be closer to relatives.

SP was enrolled in school in Tennessee, but she has been homeschooled for the past 3 weeks. No reason was given for why she wasn't going to the school she was enrolled in yet.

The sheriff said SP's phones both pinged within 8 minutes of each other. SP's AT&T phone pinged 1.7 miles from the Tennessee/Kentucky border, close to a Kentucky Welcome Station. Her Verizon phone pinged closer to the city of Corbin. The pings were both within the same county.
Thank you so much for listening to this and summarizing it for us. I have wanted to listen to the end of this all day and now I don't have to! :)
Could someone link the Press Conference?
I haven't seen a link, but this is the station the tweet came from:

Website: Authorities make arrest in case of missing 14-year-old Monroe Co. girl, still actively searching for her
Facebook: WBIR Channel 10
Twitter: WBIR Channel 10 (@wbir) | Twitter

And, this is the station that carried the last press conference: WATE 6 On Your Side

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member