Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #3 *ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnipped>

I am so so so so happy she is safe but extremely sad knowing & understanding what caused her to run. My heart is breaking for her. The healing is going to be a long difficult road......and if her mom knew she was being raped by that pathetic excuse for a man, may God have mercy on her soul :mad:

SLP's bio dad said on the Gray Hughes' interview that none of his relatives live in WI and none of CP's relatives live in WI as far as he knows either. He thought maybe some Pruitts live there. Which would be the worst environment for SLP, IMO. I think SLP and her siblings need to be given a fresh start in foster care with people they are not related to at all. And it's rare that I think teens need to go to foster care, but it seems like not a single adult in her life is a responsible individual. MOO.

<modsnipped>

I don't know, maybe it is just me, but I think bio dad should be given a chance. It could be very healing for SLP to have her father and grandparents in her life. <modsnipped> Granted, I don't know what kind of a man he is, but I pray this has brought him to his knees and he will step up and be the man God intends for him to be.

And about the sex registry that bio dad is on. He was 19, she was 15 and they are still friends today, if he is to be believed. I think most of us have know a 19 yo who had a fling with a younger teen. IMO, they are not the same as rapists or pedophiles. Yes, it is wrong, but a sex offender? <modsnipped>

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone mentioned a transcript of the you tube interview .. will there be one? I have a really hard time listening to Gray (can't think of last name right now). Anyway, I am hard of hearing, and he talks fast and a lot, hard for me to get what he's saying. I can't imagine that program would be transcribed, maybe I'll try fast-forward to get to the nitty-gritty.

I would hope that SP and her sisters and brother are all gently interviewed and that their wishes in this are sincerely considered. Whether they want to stay together and most of all WHO and WHERE they want to be placed. Just because RP has proven that he is the lowest of the low doesn't mean that any of the rest of his family don't love those children and those children know better than us who loves them.

From the last thread, I wanted to note that this observation from @PommyMommy was quite brilliant:

Quote by pommymommy:

“To be fair, when I looked at how some of the questions were phrased by reporters, some of the past-tense usage is understandable. Here's an example.

"was" instead of "is"

REPORTER: Was she in an equestrian group or a riding group?
MOTHER: No, she was just learning how to tack.

They even had the detective using past tense, but nobody paid attention to that, lol! :p

"had" instead of "has" and "was" instead of "is"

REPORTER: She had two phones?
FILLYAW: Yes. One was a phone from where she, from where they moved from and the other phone was a new phone that they had got when they got here.”

I don't put much stock in past tense being used in any case. Usually the questions asked are about things that happened before the person goes missing. So the answers would refer to a previous time. The last time someone was seen they had 2 phones, they had brown hair, they were happy, etc etc and nauseum.

Someone mentioned a transcript of the you tube interview .. will there be one? I have a really hard time listening to Gray (can't think of last name right now). Anyway, I am hard of hearing, and he talks fast and a lot, hard for me to get what he's saying. I can't imagine that program would be transcribed, maybe I'll try fast-forward to get to the nitty-gritty.
I thought youtube offered subtitles.

Savmom, my mom didn't believe me either.

I don't know, maybe it is just me, but I think bio dad should be given a chance. It could be very healing for SLP to have her father and grandparents in her life. I am speaking as a survivor who had not one person in my family stand by me. Granted, I don't know what kind of a man he is, but I pray this has brought him to his knees and he will step up and be the man God intends for him to be.

And about the sex registry that bio dad is on. He was 19, she was 15 and they are still friends today, if he is to be believed. I think most of us have know a 19 yo who had a fling with a younger teen. IMO, they are not the same as rapists or pedophiles. Yes, it is wrong, but a sex offender? A good friend's daughter was 16 when she hooked up with a 21 year old. They chose not to pursue charges. 5 years later and they are getting married.
I don't know... didn't he say he had a disturbing the peace in 2017. His burglary conviction was because he was in a house that was for sale and he thought he had permission... I don't know about that. He didn't really make any attempt to maintain contact in the last 10 years. However, his parents seemed to make a good effort to contribute and stay in her and her sister's life.

I just listened to the interview with Larry, the bio dad.

Now, on top of SP's horrible ordeal, the ripping away of her childhood and the need to heal from that, she will also have to deal with more trust issues. If what Larry says is true, and at this point I have no reason to believe otherwise, SP's paternal grandmother sent her Christmas gifts, and she is told early on that her grandmother was dead and the gifts were from her step dad, and furthermore that her bio dad had died from a drug overdose? I am so outraged, I have no words.
Poor SP has one heck of a road ahead of her. I so hope that from here on out, she has all the therapy she needs and is surrounded by people who exhibit real care and love for her. The same goes for her sister and other siblings.

At such a young age, SP's life has been filled with heartache.
This young girl has experienced so many ugly events.
Now that all the past will be revealed, SP escaping, LE investigating, may begin the road to a better future.
As you state 'whitelilac', "she needs to be surrounded by people who exhibit real care and love for her".
MOO.

I don't know, maybe it is just me, but I think bio dad should be given a chance. It could be very healing for SLP to have her father and grandparents in her life. I am speaking as a survivor who had not one person in my family stand by me. Granted, I don't know what kind of a man he is, but I pray this has brought him to his knees and he will step up and be the man God intends for him to be.

And about the sex registry that bio dad is on. He was 19, she was 15 and they are still friends today, if he is to be believed. I think most of us have know a 19 yo who had a fling with a younger teen. IMO, they are not the same as rapists or pedophiles. Yes, it is wrong, but a sex offender? A good friend's daughter was 16 when she hooked up with a 21 year old. They chose not to pursue charges. 5 years later and they are getting married.
I agree. The bio dad should petition to get the two girls and especially since grandparents will be involved. RP will be back in CP's life because the 2 youngest kids are his.

I don't know....seems like yet another possibly toxic entity in this tragedy. I listened to the entire interview and was....um....uncomfortable with the way he kept speaking of his daughter's rape. I also noted the way he spoke about his knowledge of a teenage babysitter, alleged drug use in the home and the younger daughter allegedly almost dying after getting into CP's and RP's drugs. He knew all of this contemporaneously and did nothing! Nothing tells me that things might be different with him now. And the statement he made that he hopes and expects that "they" will just give the kids to him because he has the DNA to have that right (paraphrasing). UGH!!! His time and opportunity were up a long time ago. MOO (I will say that he seemed distraught at some times.)

Since she had phones with her (presumably) if she called someone for help, it would be someone she knew well, and had stored in her phone imo, as few people have any phone numbers memorized these days...especially teens.

(OT but it alarms me that people are not in the habit of memorizing numbers much anymore. Phones are just electronics, subject to failure, battery loss, physical loss, etc...yet most people count on them almost completely. I am an old, as is my car, so I have a list of my nearby friends numbers in my car in case I break down, as I don’t always carry my phone to do errands. At least if I had to borrow a phone I could call someone easily.)

Jmo

I agree. The bio dad should petition to get the two girls and especially since grandparents will be involved. RP will be back in CP's life because the 2 youngest kids are his.
I think he could be granted visitation in order to get to know them.
Custody might be much harder.
Also, SP is old enough to have some say in regard to who she lives with.
The best situation would probably be a responsible and loving family member, who she has a relationship with, if there is one. Imo

You took the words right out of my mouth!

I've been trying to figure out .. the soon-to-be stepdad got out prison after 5 years in 2006. Soon-to-be and mother got married in 2007, when SLP was 2 years old. Meet one year, married the next, fast work. SLP's younger sister would have been how old in 2007? Not very old, so that seems to have been fast work on the divorce in order for another marriage in 2007. They didn't know each other very long .before getting married. That's taking a BIG chance under any circumstances.

The parents do get copies of the adoption papers, for sure, the decree, so they should have paperwork, unless the adoption was common-law. I had no idea that there was such a thing in adoption.

All that aside, two fourteen-year-olds, SLP and JC, are my heroes forever. I hope many young girls (and boys) in horrible situations follow their example in the future. I'm so proud of them and hope they have the best in life ahead of them.

Your last paragraph is so important teedie.:):)
I hope in schools, church groups, community centres, posters, there are meetings where young children can express their concerns to authority figures: to let them know, they are not alone, and can seek help, where they can discuss their problems.
Even discussing their problems with their siblings, who then can raise the alarm.
This type of 'help' should be widely publicised throughout our communities.
To allow children to have 'power' over their lives, if there is a problem.
Certainly these would be organised by well qualified persons.
MOO.

So much about the specifics of this situation we don't don't know. We do know that somehow, sometime, SP convinced someone to help her escape by coming to get her and to get her away to Wisconsin. Somehow she knew to get and take evidence with her. The specifics of the who and how remain to be known.
I have noticed in many of these complex cases, JC and CB, when the outcome is known, there is nothing to talk about except speculation and assumptions about what little is known and most of that is within the context of our own experiences. It is hard to fill the time before the next pieces of information are made public. But we persevere.
Honestly I don’t think we really know any of that either.

abr, to have no one to support you, is heartbreaking.:(:(
I certainly hope you are enjoying your life.
Sometimes family members cannot help, but a friend, neighbor, social worker would be ideal, if we are brave enough to speak to others.
I am hoping, society is now more aware, and there is constant publicity for children, to be helped: at schools, neighborhoods, churches.
MOO.

SP should be having fun in life, school activities, friends, sports, field trips, not be dealing with staying home from school in a lonely farmhouse. How depressing.

It is possible to live in an isolated area in a "lonely farmhouse" and still participate in school activities, sports, field trips, etc. Children who are being abused can be just as isolated from life and other people when they live in the middle of a big city.

It is possible to live in an isolated area in a "lonely farmhouse" and still participate in school activities, sports, field trips, etc. Children who are being abused can be just as isolated from life and other people when they live in the middle of a big city.
Very true. Farm life is not necessarily a "lonely" life. Imo

Hi Everyone,

We are asking you to please refrain from posting your personal stories. While they are interesting, uplifting and at times very tragic, it only takes away from the discussion at hand. Please stick to the topic which is the SLP and her father's arrest.

Well that's true, but it is more isolated than city life. I grew up and as did my children and grandchildren in the city and could walk to friend's houses, catch a bus to go shopping (lots of teens do this), walk to school etc. etc. More importantly you are out with people and don't have to rely on rides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee