Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #3 *ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SLP's bio dad said on the Gray Hughes' interview that none of his relatives live in WI and none of CP's relatives live in WI as far as he knows either. He thought maybe some Pruitts live there. Which would be the worst environment for SLP, IMO. I think SLP and her siblings need to be given a fresh start in foster care with people they are not related to at all. And it's rare that I think teens need to go to foster care, but it seems like not a single adult in her life is a responsible individual. MOO.
And if SLP's siblings all go into foster care (temporary or permanent) or are put with responsible relatives (if there are any) I think they should be monitored very closely indeed!

I don't know....seems like yet another possibly toxic entity in this tragedy. I listened to the entire interview and was....um....uncomfortable with the way he kept speaking of his daughter's rape. I also noted the way he spoke about his knowledge of a teenage babysitter, alleged drug use in the home and the younger daughter allegedly almost dying after getting into CP's and RP's drugs. He knew all of this contemporaneously and did nothing! Nothing tells me that things might be different with him now. And the statement he made that he hopes and expects that "they" will just give the kids to him because he has the DNA to have that right (paraphrasing). UGH!!! His time and opportunity were up a long time ago. MOO (I will say that he seemed distraught at some times.)
^THIS
This so called bio Dad needs to go kick rocks IMO. He has more than enough of his own personal problems, I wouldn't let him babysit my goldfish.

He is riding the media "high", coming in to save the day while really looking for a or charitable donations. Gaaaah, this people make me want to pull my hair out!! :mad:

I feel so sorry for SP and all the P children. God bless their little hearts. :(

IMO

Hi Everyone,

We are asking you to please refrain from posting your personal stories. While they are interesting, uplifting and at times very tragic, it only takes away from the discussion at hand. Please stick to the topic which is the SLP and her father's arrest.
^THIS
This so called bio Dad needs to go kick rocks IMO. He has more than enough of his own personal problems, I wouldn't let him babysit my goldfish.

He is riding the media "high", coming in to save the day while really looking for a *** or charitable donations. Gaaaah, this people make me want to pull my hair out!! :mad:

I feel so sorry for SP and all the P children. God bless their little hearts. :(

IMO
Hell no, he shouldn't get custody! And I don't think he will anyways, phew!

^THIS

He is riding the media "high", coming in to save the day while really looking for a *** or charitable donations. Gaaaah, this people make me want to pull my hair out!! :mad:

IMO

Many people care for their pets, far more than others do with their children.
Your goldfish is lucky to have you.:):) (I know, a joke).

It appears the P kids have had a bad background, but hoping as all this is now in the open, their lives improve.
Professional care is required, and not leaving things to chance.
MOO.

Many people care for their pets, far more than others do with their children.
Your goldfish is lucky to have you.:):) (I know, a joke).

It appears the P kids have had a bad background, but hoping as all this is now in the open, their lives improve.
Professional care is required, and not leaving things to chance.
MOO.
Haa! I first typed by fur baby, but that scared me so bad I changed it and I don't even have a goldfish. LOL

I figured that was the most non attention requiring animal I could use as example.

These kids have been dealt a hard and unfair hand. I hope they have a bright and emotionally healthy future in store for them. They sure do deserve one.

Hard to say where this case goes from here, with LE saying there maybe more arrests. We may not hear much through the media unless there are other arrests, or unless there are interviews from "family" members. I wouldn't rule out adoptive Dad trying to take center stage & trying to manipulate public opinion though. I guess we'll have to stay tuned.

The children and what they are going through are in my thoughts though. I truly hope there is a good support system in place for them.

While we don’t know who the children will be placed with, I do hope the SP & her sister have the opportunity to get to know their biological father. Their psychological growth will require they know their roots. They will make their own judgement call on the type of person he is and the type of relationship they want to have with him. Most likely it will be supervised visitation until adulthood. That’s good though because the biological Mother telling them he died of a drug overdose years ago constitutes parental alienation. Thus effectively shutting him out of his daughters lives. If you’ve read anything written by Dr. Bone on Parental Alienation you’ll understand why the biological father stopped trying. Yes, he made some really poor choices but so did the biological mother. Both biological parents will pay for their parenting sins and going forward, the power belongs to SP & her sister. They both will heal and become successful young women despite the immaturity of the adults around them.

^THIS

IMO

He is not asking for any donations. He said he will NOT. He has a job. Maybe we shouldn’t judge so fast. It is the adoptive dad who is the vulgar rapist.

He is not asking for any donations. He said he will NOT. He has a job. Maybe we shouldn’t judge so fast. It is the adoptive dad who is the vulgar rapist.
Thanks for letting me know he said that. I'm sorry, but I don't believe him. JMO

He does have a previous criminal charge himself. <I don't think I can post the particulars can I?>

I agree. The bio dad should petition to get the two girls and especially since grandparents will be involved. RP will be back in CP's life because the 2 youngest kids are his.
RP will be going to prison for many years. CP can petition the court to relinquish his rights for the best interest of the children.

Sorry if I missed it, but has anyone discussed the possibility of an activist type group intervening? Like a colony of concerned citizens that provide a safe haven for abused and neglected children? It seems her escape was well planned and it doesn't appear bio dad was helping. (I remember a mom who sent 2 daughters to a place willing to hide children, in this case from the father trying to fight for custody.) I hope the person(s) responsible for helping her escape are not charged, if all they did was safely remove her from a terribly toxic situation.
JMO, MOO, etc

Sorry if I missed it, but has anyone discussed the possibility of an activist type group intervening? Like a colony of concerned citizens that provide a safe haven for abused and neglected children? It seems her escape was well planned and it doesn't appear bio dad was helping. (I remember a mom who sent 2 daughters to a place willing to hide children, in this case from the father trying to fight for custody.) I hope the person(s) responsible for helping her escape are not charged, if all they did was safely remove her from a terribly toxic situation.
JMO, MOO, etc
Yes this has occurred to me but I couldn't find the words the adequately describe it, as you have just done.

Thanks for letting me know he said that. I'm sorry, but I don't believe him. JMO

He does have a previous criminal charge himself. <I don't think I can post the particulars can I?>

He was very upfront about his history and why there is a record to begin with. It was consensual and they are still friends. He was 19 and she was 15. There was no rape. There is a story behind it. He has remarried and never moved from Missouri and has a good income. We don’t have to believe him. I just didn’t want to judge him just yet. My reason is because the Pruitt’s told his daughters years ago that he was dead from a drug overdose. They even told the girls their Grandmother died. I believe it was for control. A wicked, wicked thing to do.
Bio dad may not deserve custody or get custody but I would like him to have a second chance. Not saying I am right. It’s just my opinion. Right now all my anger is toward the adoptive dad. (And maybe another adult in his household)

What kept the bio father away from his children?

Was it threats made by RP to keep him from knowing how the household ran as well as jealousy of his presence?

Also is it a fact that mom told kids he was dead? Or is this what the bio dad believes to be the case? And if the bio dad is alive and does not sign away rights, how can they be adopted?

error, deleted

Last edited:
Also is it a fact that mom told kids he was dead? Or is this what the bio dad believes to be the case? And if the bio dad is alive and does not sign away rights, how can they be adopted?

BBM
Exactly. A court could relinquish his rights, but I don't think that happened.
I do not think SP was actually adopted legally.

Haa! I first typed by fur baby, but that scared me so bad I changed it and I don't even have a goldfish. LOL

I figured that was the most non attention requiring animal I could use as example.

These kids have been dealt a hard and unfair hand. I hope they have a bright and emotionally healthy future in store for them. They sure do deserve one.

My fur baby's life, is the best.
Any child would love to be cared for, like my little dog.
Nothing is too hard for her.
Similarly with kids.
You would think parents always want what is best for them.

I guess, it is the luck of the draw, whom your parents turn out to be.
SP, and the other kiddies in the P family, have not had a lovely childhood.
However, now things may improve.
I hope so, with loads of professional help.
MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member