Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #3 *ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The girl provided evidence that led to the arrest of Pruitt." Wow. Go SLP!
MOO
Yes and took him down in full view of the entire nation. His tried & true denials & lies aren’t going to fly with video. He’ll lose association with everyone who has ever supported him. A predator is DONE thanks to SP. Does FBI have a medal/ award of honor for teens that risk their lives & make the world a safer place? I can think of 2 young ladies who deserve standing ovations.

I just don't understand how he could adopt (as someone above mentioned).
Did the news get the CORRECT RP's priors?! One more bizarre thing.
What year did he adopt SP? What were the years for the rape and the domestic assault charges? I can't imagine a judge would allow him to adopt with these things onhis record.

From the article:
"While going through those records, investigators discovered that several photos and a video of Pruitt having sex with the teen had been taken and sent to another individual."

That is odd. Did the atrocity of a father figure share, or did SP?

I will say, Google is a tough system to handle. Gmail is confusing, because it ties a conversation together (where there may be multiple replies), so it’s hard to find an email sent by itself. Google pictures, if you are signed up for that that feature, automatically uploads your picture and videos (kind of like Apple does with iPhones pictures) to the cloud (a euphenisim for a system server that hold your information without having to compromise the memory on your device). Not sure what happened here, though. The timeline of the arrest, DP being located, and so on, does make you wonder if the technology played a role. Techs do a very good job.

My mind keeps going back to that chore chart. That made me think something wasn’t right in that home. It gives me the creeps to think, having this chore chart up with the specific times could have been a good excuse if mom couldn’t find her in the home, while he was keeping her occupied in the barn. <modsnipped personal anecdote>

I also wonder if the Pruitt arrested in Ky, was a relative that could have helped move her from state to state. Kind of like driving so far, meeting the next family member etc? Maybe she had them she felt she could trust or he could have set it up to get her away?? I don’t have a clue, and I’m still catching up and trying to get this straight in my mind.

I did think it was a family member from the beginning, just didn’t want to believe it until I saw that chore chart, and now I play catch up togas and can’t believe it. Poor girl, but smarter than he thought I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
And once again...the abuser makes it all about them.

"Please come home SP. It's unimaginable to tell you how it feels to lose one of yours. There is no explanation unless you went through it."

"I've seen a lot of attacks like 'How do you not know where your daughter is sleeping,' 'How do you not know if something went wrong,'" he said on Monday. "You go to bed, you think everything is fine, you wake up and it's all changed. And at times it is more than you can bear."

Sounds so familiar. Chris Watts, et al.

I LOATHE when reporters use this verbage. “Having sex” is not a crime. “Assault”, “abuse”, “rape”, “incest”- these are crimes. When are they going to stop blurring the lines, diminishing the crime, and call it what it is?

This is a real problem in reporting. In a recent case where a woman who's been comatose for years wound up pregnant, an article actually read that she "may have been" sexually assaulted. The woman literally can't move or open her eyes or speak, much less offer consent. There is no "maybe." She was assaulted. It applies to this case as well.

Another oddity... she was described by her adopted dad as being her usually bubbly self before heading off to bed. Then you have those posts on her FB how much she loves her family, the picture of her with the obvious make up enhancing feature, and seeming to portray and idealized family life. Was her FB hijacked, or was she staging her escape?

IMO she was staging her escape to throw people off her track and not to raise any suspicions with her family and friends.

I LOATHE when reporters use this verbage. “Having sex” is not a crime. “Assault”, “abuse”, “rape”, “incest”- these are crimes. When are they going to stop blurring the lines, diminishing the crime, and call it what it is?

YES!!!! That's what I keep saying. There's no "with". No one rapes with a person. They rape them. It's done to them not "with" them which implies some sort of cooperation.

I'm sick of it.

<modsnipped quoted post>
I have no sympathy for the adults in this very close family based on social media - I think there were signs and quite possibly she tried to expose this and everyone failed her - yes this is harsh but when you expose yourself on social media the cracks may appear - <modsnipped>

OMG! Is this true? We have a nightmare! IMO!

Nothing more important for some women than "mama's new man."

I have a real problem with a parent who brings a significant other around their kids without a background check.

But frankly I don't believe in exposing kids to people you're dating at all until they're old enough to fight. It's not worth it for me. Date but keep the kids out of it.

I know most would disagree but it seems kids really get the short end of the stick when it comes to their parents' love lives.

Here are these exceedingly vulnerable little people whose lives fall apart with divorce or whatever and then they have to deal with new relationships, new homes, new siblings, some new dude suddenly acting like their dad and "disciplining" them, just no control over their lives at all. No stabilty. They just get yanked around according to their parents' needs.

I don't mean to offend. I know it sometimes works out well with new relationships and blended families. But for me the possible danger and chaos and instability isn't worth the risk.

Regardless, with a record this long I don't see how SP's mom couldn't have known. And she exposed her children to THAT?

Because nothing is more important than mama's new man.

I wish more would put their kids' needs first.

Yes and took him down in full view of the entire nation. His tried & true denials & lies aren’t going to fly with video. He’ll lose association with everyone who has ever supported him. A predator is DONE thanks to SP. Does FBI have a medal/ award of honor for teens that risk their lives & make the world a safer place? I can think of 2 young ladies who deserve standing ovations.
And this revelation makes me understand more the desire to keep her hidden - whoever kept her safe wow !

And once again...the abuser makes it all about them.

"Please come home Savannah. It's unimaginable to tell you how it feels to lose one of yours. There is no explanation unless you went through it."

"I've seen a lot of attacks like 'How do you not know where your daughter is sleeping,' 'How do you not know if something went wrong,'" he said on Monday. "You go to bed, you think everything is fine, you wake up and it's all changed. And at times it is more than you can bear."

Sounds so familiar. Chris Watts, et al.
I'm thinking LE knew what he'd done already, by then and sat back and nodded their heads as he spoke!
Wouldn't be the first time!
Moo

What year did he adopt SP? What were the years for the rape and the domestic assault charges? I can't imagine a judge would allow him to adopt with these things onhis record.
Well with a record going back to 2001, it seems he was able to adopt her anyway. I agree..why would he be able to do so?

He married her mom in 2007 and with SP being only 14 now, she would have been around 2 at that time. I don't recall the actual year he did adopt her, or even why. Or, for that matter, anything about biological father. He would have had to agree to adoption, I believe. Did he pass away? JMO

Jmo anyone with children needs to find out for sure about any criminal past before allowing a partner into their home or life...it should be a law...

Or be charged with child neglect. How about that! A parent fails to vet their new mate they should be charged if something goes wrong and they should've known.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nycissa