Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #3 *ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little behind. Did anyone watch the video in this article?

RP has criminal history in Monroe County, Jefferson County, Cocke County and Greene County for charges including rape, filing false report, failure to appear, domestic assault, possession of a handgun. Arrests go back to 2001.

The rape took place in their current home. The pictures and video were found in emails on the phone.

I'm not even sure I got everything...o_O

Felon in possession of a handgun, though that charge was dismissed. So he was a convicted felon. Is domestic assault a felony there? The only other charge on the list that could be is rape. If he pled to a sex felony how is he not registered? Unless maybe he was for ten years and isn't now?

Rape? As in previous rape ? And domestic assault? Holy moly. I'm starting to better understand the "I'm a nobody" statement that sticks in my brain.

Definitely. I'm sure that's exactly what she was told constantly.

I just don't understand how he could adopt (as someone above mentioned).
Did the news get the CORRECT RP's priors?! One more bizarre thing.

There is no way he should have been allowed to adopt. Maybe he slipped through the cracks if they were married at the time? He also appears to be very convincing. Maybe background checks only go back 10 years and they were earlier?

Well with a record going back to 2001, it seems he was able to adopt her anyway. I agree..why would he be able to do so?

He married her mom in 2007 and with SP being only 14 now, she would have been around 2 at that time. I don't recall the actual year he did adopt her, or even why. Or, for that matter, anything about biological father. He would have had to agree to adoption, I believe. Did he pass away? JMO

He would not have to agree to the adoption in every state. In many states you just need to show the court's three things:

1. You're remarried.
2. The new spouse has agreed to become your child's parent.
3. The actual parent has abandoned the child by refusing to support or contact.

Nothing more important for some women than "mama's new man."

I have a real problem with a parent who brings a significant other around their kids without a background check.

But frankly I don't believe in exposing kids to people you're dating at all until they're old enough to fight. It's not worth it for me. Date but keep the kids out of it.

I know most would disagree but it seems kids really get the short end of the stick when it comes to their parents' love lives.

Here are these exceedingly vulnerable little people whose lives fall apart with divorce or whatever and then they have to deal with new relationships, new homes, new siblings, some new dude suddenly acting like their dad and "disciplining" them, just no control over their lives at all. No stabilty. They just get yanked around according to their parents' needs.

I don't mean to offend. I know it sometimes works out well with new relationships and blended families. But for me the possible danger and chaos and instability isn't worth the risk.

Regardless, with a record this long I don't see how SP's mom couldn't have known. And she exposed her children to THAT?

Because nothing is more important than mama's new man.

I wish more would put their kids' needs first.
Totally agree - relationships may be tough but you never ever expose your children EVER - plenty of time later IMO - this monster raped and terrorized at least one of the children - I shudder to think the “more to come”

He would not have to agree to the adoption in every state. In many states you just need to show the court's three things:

1. You're remarried.
2. The new spouse has agreed to become your child's parent.
3. The actual parent has abandoned the child by refusing to support or contact.
Yes that's true. And, you're right, it's likely different from state to state. I was basing it off of personal experience. If he had deserted the family, there would be no need for his ok. Or as in my case, the need to ask him directly if he was no longer going to support his daughter and that adoption was being pursued. Make a choice, so to speak.

That's why I mentioned I have no idea what the circumstances around the adoption are.

My mind keeps going back to that chore chart. That made me think something wasn’t right in that home. It gives me the creeps to think, having this chore chart up with the specific times could have been a good excuse if mom couldn’t find her in the home, while he was keeping her occupied in the barn. Gave him a good cover is all that keeps popping in my head, because that happened to me from age 8-12. Not by my father but a cousin living next door. (Our family had a huge farm and chores were split between families).

I also wonder if the Pruitt arrested in Ky, was a relative that could have helped move her from state to state. Kind of like driving so far, meeting the next family member etc? Maybe she had them she felt she could trust or he could have set it up to get her away?? I don’t have a clue, and I’m still catching up and trying to get this straight in my mind.

I did think it was a family member from the beginning, just didn’t want to believe it until I saw that chore chart, and now I play catch up togas and can’t believe it. Poor girl, but smarter than he thought I guess.

What chore chart?

Or be charged with child neglect. How about that! A parent fails to vet their new mate they should be charged if something goes wrong and they should've known.
When a person "falls in love" it’s most difficult to persuade them the person they are choosing is a bad choice. Especially if the love part comes before the vetting part. JMO

Last edited:
Felon in possession of a handgun, though that charge was dismissed. So he was a convicted felon. Is domestic assault a felony there? The only other charge on the list that could be is rape. If he pled to a sex felony how is he not registered? Unless maybe he was for ten years and isn't now?

There is no way he should have been allowed to adopt. Maybe he slipped through the cracks if they were married at the time? He also appears to be very convincing.

I’m thinking maybe the rape charge was amended to some crazy misdemeanor and convicted of that instead of the rape charge. Maybe that was tied to the domestic assault and the charges amended, because someone didn’t want him in prison. Hence the dropping of the handgun charge. Just a thought. When I worked in the courts I was often shocked at what people got away with sometimes. That could also explain how he was able to adopt her.

According to an arrest affidavit, Deputy Bill Johnson met with Randall and Christina Pruitt the morning of January 14th. The parents told Johnson that they'd gone into their daughter's room and found the window open, and her and some of her clothes and bed sheets.

Police arrested Randall Pruitt Thursday and charged him with rape after finding explicit photos and videos were found on the teen's phone.

Affidavit: Tennessee teen recorded adoptive father's sexual assault

This screen being split from the inside makes sense she was trying to get out and not someone coming in to get her. How it all went down may take a while, but that’s interesting. She is so small, so I don’t think it’s too much of a stretch to think she went out the window while the family was asleep, or engaged in something else. Who helped her, picked her up, and drove her to Wisconsin is the mystery.

New video in this article.

The reporter says the children are in an undisclosed location and she talked to CP who said everything we're hearing is new to her as well. Right now, CP wants privacy as she works on bringing her daughter home.

RP was interviewed by various LE agencies Thursday night and his attorney was present. They only asked him questions about SP's whereabouts. They did not ask questions about the rape charge.

Adoptive father of missing teen arrested, charged with rape

I’m thinking maybe the rape charge was amended to some crazy misdemeanor and convicted of that instead of the rape charge. Maybe that was tied to the domestic assault and the charges amended, because someone didn’t want him in prison. Hence the dropping of the handgun charge. Just a thought. When I worked in the courts I was often shocked at what people got away with sometimes. That could also explain how he was able to adopt her.
Wonder if the domestic assault against CP? Or was he in a relationship before her?

There is no way he should have been allowed to adopt. Maybe he slipped through the cracks if they were married at the time? He also appears to be very convincing. Maybe background checks only go back 10 years and they were earlier?
They just listed the counties and his priors without any other detail. This is what was shown in the video:
Screenshot 2019-02-01 18.53.21.png Screenshot 2019-02-01 18.53.28.png

<modsnipped quoted post>

Without an actual criminal record it would be hard to know. But nowadays for about $100.00 you can get a criminal check to check for a record in every state.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member