Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #3 *ARRESTS*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little behind. Did anyone watch the video in this article?

RP has criminal history in Monroe County, Jefferson County, Cocke County and Greene County for charges including rape, filing false report, failure to appear, domestic assault, possession of a handgun. Arrests go back to 2001.

The rape took place in their current home. The pictures and video were found in emails on the phone.

I'm not even sure I got everything...o_O
Argh, again I'm far behind so thanks for posting the link and the info!! I'm still on page 1 so apologies if this has been asked and answered - do we know when the parents met? I know it was posted in the last thread but my mind is muddy from a long day...

Would you hook up with this guy if you knew his history? Nope, thought not, neither would I. I wonder if SP's mom was aware. To be fair, people don't usually do background checks on potential partners...

Ok, off to catch up - thanks PommyMommy and the rest of my WS buddies for staying on top of the case!!
group-smiley-face.gif

Argh, again I'm far behind so thanks for posting the link and the info!! I'm still on page 1 so apologies if this has been asked and answered - do we know when the parents met? I know it was posted in the last thread but my mind is muddy from a long day...

Would you hook up with this guy if you knew his history? Nope, thought not, neither would I. I wonder if SP's mom was aware. To be fair, people don't usually do background checks on potential partners...

Ok, off to catch up - thanks PommyMommy and the rest of my WS buddies for staying on top of the case!!
group-smiley-face.gif
@Jethro4WS is the one with all the lowdown and will correct me If I'm wrong, I hope. I don't know when they met but I believe they married in 2007.

I wouldn't get near this guy with a 10-ft pole!

MOO

<modsnipped>
Now we know for sure, as many have speculated, on the origination of the vids and pictures. What an amazing gal. Hope she becomes an investigator one day. Her insights and strategies were spot on.
This is an example of a real female hero, not those always in the media 'celebrities' that some young teens look up to!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes and took him down in full view of the entire nation. His tried & true denials & lies aren’t going to fly with video. He’ll lose association with everyone who has ever supported him. A predator is DONE thanks to SP. Does FBI have a medal/ award of honor for teens that risk their lives & make the world a safer place? I can think of 2 young ladies who deserve standing ovations.
Yes, definitely! There should be an award for young women such as SP! That monster she had to deal with sure looks like a petrified coward in the mugshot by the way.

Nothing more important for some women than "mama's new man."

I have a real problem with a parent who brings a significant other around their kids without a background check.

But frankly I don't believe in exposing kids to people you're dating at all until they're old enough to fight. It's not worth it for me. Date but keep the kids out of it.

I know most would disagree but it seems kids really get the short end of the stick when it comes to their parents' love lives.

Here are these exceedingly vulnerable little people whose lives fall apart with divorce or whatever and then they have to deal with new relationships, new homes, new siblings, some new dude suddenly acting like their dad and "disciplining" them, just no control over their lives at all. No stabilty. They just get yanked around according to their parents' needs.

I don't mean to offend. I know it sometimes works out well with new relationships and blended families. But for me the possible danger and chaos and instability isn't worth the risk.

Regardless, with a record this long I don't see how SP's mom couldn't have known. And she exposed her children to THAT?

Because nothing is more important than mama's new man.

I wish more would put their kids' needs first.
@gitana1 Would RP's alleged prior sex offenses prevent him from adopting minor children?

New video in this article.

The reporter says the children are in an undisclosed location and she talked to CP who said everything we're hearing is new to her as well. Right now, CP wants privacy as she works on bringing her daughter home.

RP was interviewed by various LE agencies Thursday night and his attorney was present. They only asked him questions about SP's whereabouts. They did not ask questions about the rape charge.

Adoptive father of missing teen arrested, charged with rape
I can only hope LE totally investigates everything - enough said

Well with a record going back to 2001, it seems he was able to adopt her anyway. I agree..why would he be able to do so?

He married her mom in 2007 and with SP being only 14 now, she would have been around 2 at that time. I don't recall the actual year he did adopt her, or even why. Or, for that matter, anything about biological father. He would have had to agree to adoption, I believe. Did he pass away? JMO
@kkdj I guess this answers it...

group-smiley-face.gif

Responding to what I bolded, more should do checks. I googled my husband's entire family before getting serious.

<modsnipped off topic>

A lot of tragedies could be prevented if checks were done and kids were made a priority. Thankfully SP is safe but she's been through hell and it could have been prevented

Last edited by a moderator:
I LOATHE when reporters use this verbage. “Having sex” is not a crime. “Assault”, “abuse”, “rape”, “incest”- these are crimes. When are they going to stop blurring the lines, diminishing the crime, and call it what it is?
My blood pressure went through the roof!!!! I called the station. I explained that she was NOT "having sex" and that they were re-victimizing her. They don't care; they won't take the video down and they justified it by saying that they were "quoting" LE. (I must have missed where LE said that she was "having sex" with her rapist. Does anyone have a link?) I think that reporter and the script writer - ALL OF THEM - should have sensitivity training and be forced to hang out with SVU or spend a day in a rape crisis center. I hope none of them have daughters/granddaughters.

My blood pressure went through the roof!!!! I called the station. I explained that she was NOT "having sex" and that they were re-victimizing her. They don't care; they won't take the video down and they justified it by saying that they were "quoting" LE. (I must have missed where LE said that she was "having sex" with her rapist. Does anyone have a link?) I think that reporter and the script writer - ALL OF THEM - should have sensitivity training and be forced to hang out with SVU or spend a day in a rape crisis center. I hope none of them have daughters/granddaughters.
THANK YOU for calling the station- that’s awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member