Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #4 *ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Rogers' mother know she was in the house?

Nothing's being reported about it, as far as I can see. Seems like she'd have been arrested, too, if it had been clear that she knew. That could be coming later, though. It sounds like he had his own living space in the basement, like a basement apartment, so it's possible he snuck her in and she was unaware of it.

I will consider that Rogers possibly did not believe SP, that he may have even thought that she would NEVER send such a video, was playing along with her “stories.” He had no way of knowing if she was really a 14 year old girl, did he?
I’d really like to SEE all the conversations.
Surely he told her to report to police?
What was SP’s response?
I think if the two adults in my life are so BAD, I’m not sure I could trust anyone, including LE.
I wonder if Rogers thought she was just lying? When was video sent and how long did it take him to get there to “save” her?
It still doesn’t make sense why he destroyed her phone?? To avoid being tracked? He’s intelligent - he would have known there was a forensic trail, right?
I have so many questions.
I did read that she reported to FBI at 6am the same morning that she left but refused to give her location. I wonder if that’s true. Just speculating !

I, for one, am not inclined to give him these benefits. There is nothing that points to an innocent guy trying to help a teenaged girl. As for the call to the FBI, she probably had no idea where she was and could not give them a location. Even if she could she may have been very wary at that point.

I’m sure this naive young lady, who unknowingly ended up with another predator while seeking help - “believed” that her mother didn’t believe her. I think her mother knew and turned her back. CP may have been a victim of the same crime as a child or she may simply be truly ignorant and believe if she survived it, her daughter can, too. She definitely needs mental help - IMO. I’m furious with her, I can’t talk about her without wanting to bash her like really hard. :mad:
Emphasis mine.

Re. the section in bold : Interesting point !
Some victims (and that could include CP) don't realize it's abuse and think it's 'normal'. Hard to fathom for those who understand differently.

If this abuse had been going on for a decade... it's probably safe to assume others in that house knew something was wrong.

It could be that after moving to BFE, the petting escalated. I think she realized something in GA and that is why she was removed from school and moved to BFE. It could have been when she told her mother? She may have been accepting it but after actual first time intercourse, told her mother, and mother told her she didn’t believe her BUT then it was decided to be best for the family to move SP from all family and friends in case she told others.
I think the MOVE itself convicts the mother and reveals her knowledge of what was happening. JMO.

Since CP has not been charged with anything-- she has to be treated as a victim ; and because there are no charges against her --nor any that are pending-- we have to assume two possibilities : 1) There is no concrete evidence that the mother knew anything was wrong. (Playing the Devil's advocate, here. Should have posted that before. I think CP knew.) Or : 2) LE feel that CP is innocent of any wrongdoing and they (LE) are in complete support of her.
Unless there is updated news, I'm assuming #2 is where LE stands. (And, if so, they're more naive than I thought.)

Innocent until proven without doubt -- sometimes difficult to take -- but it protects us all !

Certainly ,the move and the homeschooling are ominous in this case.

This poor girl was being isolated from everyone and thank goodness she is alive !!
There's no doubt in my mind that RP could've decided to 'silence' her for good.

Not that homeschooling is always nefarious.
It's safe to say that many who choose homeschooling are dedicated and selfless people.

and for her youngest sister and brother who may not have any idea why their father is in jail. their mother is gone and their family is broken. I worry for the boy, what has he learned through anger or sorrow now and going forward.

Aren't the younger siblings still with CP ?
Sorry if I missed this.

Still terrible that SLP had no one to turn to except another predator.
I am hoping she will get some help and understand unhealthy relationships.
It wouldn't surprise me if she never trusted anyone again !

Last edited:
Here it is:

Madison man charged in connection with Tennessee teen found in Wisconsin

"The document included a short log of their online conversation in which he told the teen: “I can’t help you if we don’t have foolproof leverage against your dad.”

She replied: “…If you don’t help me somehow I might as well kill my [expletive] self like I’ve been planning to do. I can’t get the video. I just can’t.”
This BREAKS MY HEART... and makes me wish there was a law to have men like RP castrated. :eek: :mad::mad::mad: She was terrified :( desperate and had no one to turn to except another man whose intentions seem to be less than honorable at this point.

Criminal complaint
Delete if I overlooked it.

WARNING GRAPHIC

Warning: You will never be able to unsee/unread the words in this document. And I thought I didn't have any more tears left for SP. This is pure agony to read her responses.

A highly vulnerable child was imploring this monster to HELP her! That she was suicidal did NOT sway this monster in any way! Please, LE, find more to throw this (#$*&^@) in jail for the rest of his natural life. Please!

ETA: Delete. Heartbroken for this little girl. What a world!

Last edited:
There is no concrete evidence that the mother knew anything was wrong.
SP said she told her mother. I’m going from SP’s statement and I believe her words are true. Which means her mother failed her to the Nth degree IMO. She SHOULD have been taken to a doctor, her CLAIMS should have been thoroughly investigated until proven or disproven - period.
IMO what’s the difference between BR not calling police and her OWN mother not notifying authorities or investigating her daughter’s claims that she was being sexually abused?

I have a hard time LIKING that post but can see understand what this poor child has been put through time and time again by this repugnant maniac "FATHER". OMG it just thoroughly sickens me. SHE WAS BEGGING BEGGING BEGGING for HELP HELP HELP!

“Assistant U.S. Attorney Julie Pfluger said Monday at a brief court appearance for Rogers that prosecutors would seek an indictment against Rogers when the grand jury next meets on Feb. 20. She said it would also include a charge of taking a minor across state lines for sexual purposes.“

Quote from last thread by @BUF:

“BUF
Madison man charged with sexual exploitation of Tennessee girl, missing since Jan. 14

Assistant U.S. Attorney Julie Pfluger said Monday at a brief court appearance for Rogers that prosecutors would seek an indictment against Rogers when the grand jury next meets on Feb. 20. She said it would also include a charge of taking a minor across state lines for sexual purposes.

Rogers will be back in court on Thursday for a hearing before U.S. Magistrate Judge Stephen Crocker to determine whether he will remain in custody while charges are pending.

Rogers met the girl online through Roblox, an internet gaming platform, and also used Facebook and an encrypted messenger application to communicate with her. At one point, Rogers told investigators, the girl told him that she was being sexually abused but that nobody believed her.

In a chat between the two that police found on Rogers' phone, the girl at one point told Rogers that she couldn't promise that she would get the video evidence for him.

"Then I can't promise I can get you away from that I hate to say it but I can't risk getting in trouble for you," Rogers responded. "If you can get that video I can get you out of there."”

So anyway, “She said it would also include a charge of taking a minor across state lines for sexual purposes.“
Oh Dear Lord @margarita25 , just when I thought this case couldn't get worse or more sad wth is wrong with these people??!! :mad::mad::mad:

Every single adult in her life has failed SP IMO and now Sexual Deviant Creepers on the internet have decided to revictimize and exploit her further?! I'm disgusted, sick beyond words and in shock quite frankly.

I hope they nail every single person starting with JP and CP (if she was told), this monster online, anyone who had knowledge SP was in that home and anyone and everyone whom he may have distributed that sexual assault tape to. I mean hard prison time not a slap on the wrist. This internet dude kidnapped SP, took her across state lines and sounds like he distributed child *advertiser censored* (rape) a federal offense if I'm not mistaken. :mad::mad:

I've taken on an out of state client, so I've missed so much here. I apologize if I'm repeating what I know so many of you are feeling as well. I'm outraged truly and my heart breaks for SP and her siblings. :(

How can we help this poor child?

The U W at Madison is a very difficult school to get into.

The latest perp is intelligent.

I wonder if there are other victims? He is 31. That is a lot of years.

That is so interesting to know. Ever since I read about this, I assumed that this prep was a very, very naive and stupid, mentally stunted man, who believed he was helping somebody that he was fond of, in the most heavy handed and awful way, no way I’m not so sure.

Even if he was a predator, with the worst possible intentions, the way he went about it was so stupid, needlessly so. He communicated with her over several traceable internet platforms, possibly believing that destroying her phone would wipe this information, he let SP have at least enough privileges that she could easily use a phone, he lied to LE and seemed to think that was the end of the matter and he even, in some way, involved his mother. It’s so weird and there’s so many contradictions here.

Moo, regardless of intention, I do believe this guy has no argument if he gets decades of prison time.

This is a tough one for me - I want to believe SP told someone - besides this man who turned around and took complete advantage of her - basically threatening without the video evidence he would not come and get her
- Man faces charges in connection with missing 14-year-old Tennessee girl found in Madison
Investigators spoke with Rogers after the girl was found. The complaint said he indicated he communicated with her online, and she “disclosed to him that she was being molested.” She said she “had never told anyone else but her mother, who didn’t believe her.” He said he “instructed her to get a video of the rape,” which she did, and “emailed it to him.” He said he didn’t send it to law enforcement because “he thought it would not stand up in court.”

According to the complaint, he admitted to driving to Tennessee to pick the girl up, bringing her back to his home in Wisconsin. He said he “avoided tollways and gas stations with surveillance, and smashed her phone so that he would not be traced.”

A search warrant was executed on Rogers’ phone, and the complaint said chats were found on the phone between Rogers and the girl, starting in December of 2018. One message from Rogers read, in part, “if you can get that video I can get you out of there. I can’t help you if we don’t have foolproof leverage” according to the complaint.

The complaint said investigators searched Rogers’ computer and found video the girl made at Rogers’ direction, created on Jan. 10.

----------------
If we are to believe SP, then if there are text messages/communications and not just BR word that she told her mother, then LE needs to really investigate this IMO. I have not read the complaint as I am still reeling from the last CC I read. Not sure I will go there but if the CC contains her actual messages that she told her mother, that's pretty conclusive IMO. I guess we just wait and see.

That is so interesting to know. Ever since I read about this, I assumed that this prep was a very, very naive and stupid, mentally stunted man, who believed he was helping somebody that he was fond of, in the most heavy handed and awful way, no way I’m not so sure.

Even if he was a predator, with the worst possible intentions, the way he went about it was so stupid, needlessly so. He communicated with her over several traceable internet platforms, possibly believing that destroying her phone would wipe this information, he let SP have at least enough privileges that she could easily use a phone, he lied to LE and seemed to think that was the end of the matter and he even, in some way, involved his mother. It’s so weird and there’s so many contradictions here.

Moo, regardless of intention, I do believe this guy has no argument if he gets decades of prison time.
Very good question and I'm sure he'll get the thorough investigation into his past NOW. What I'm very curious about is if SP kept the other phone as a safeguard. If she did, she is the smartest little cookie out there! Where was she sleeping....eating? Under this guys BED?????????

Thank you MsFacetious and PommyMommy,

This case infuriates me as I am sure it does everyone.

As PommyMommy pointed out RP has a rather long list of pretty awful crimes.

Let's face it, the idea that SP's mother, RP's wife, did not know about her husband's arrest record is very unlikely.

The first thing I want to do when I hear about his past crimes is I want to bring the mother out to the town square and flog her without mercy.

How could she marry this monster and expose her kids to this danger right?

These are rhetorical questions and if we continually ask them, if we continually trash the mother then we won't get far in discussing the topic.

This is a discussion about SP and her adoptive father and the crimes that recently took place. Not about her bio mom. Maybe if she is charged then we can discuss her in detail.

Please do not turn this thread into only bashing of SP's mom

Can we all agree that there is a good chance she knew about his crimes and went ahead and married him anyway? Therefore she put her kids in horrible danger and should be charged? We can all agree on that right?

So let's not turn this into dissertation after dissertation about what kind of mother would do this.

I'm not saying you can't mention it but let's not make this the whole discussion. If it turns out all you do is tear mom apart then the thread will be shut down for good.

Remember, the topic is SP, RP, and the crime that took place.

Thank you,

Tricia
I wonder what the boundaries are for mentioning the abuse in the home and who, if anyone, knew?

The article said abuse for 10 years and the above said texts on his phone said 12 years so this filth had been doing this under the noses of her family since she was TWO? Are you friggin kidding me??????? And they didn't KNOW?????? HOGWASH!

Oh Dear Lord @margarita25 , just when I thought this case couldn't get worse or more sad wth is wrong with these people??!! :mad::mad::mad:

Every single adult in her life has failed SP IMO and now Sexual Deviant Creepers on the internet have decided to revictimize and exploit her further?! I'm disgusted, sick beyond words and in shock quite frankly.

I hope they nail every single person starting with JP and CP (if she was told), this monster online, anyone who had knowledge SP was in that home and anyone and everyone whom he may have distributed that sexual assault tape to. I mean hard prison time not a slap on the wrist. This internet dude kidnapped SP, took her across state lines and sounds like he distributed child *advertiser censored* (rape) a federal offense if I'm not mistaken. :mad::mad:

I've taken on an out of state client, so I've missed so much here. I apologize if I'm repeating what I know so many of you are feeling as well. I'm outraged truly and my heart breaks for SP and her siblings. :(

How can we help this poor child?

Right here heartbroken with you. That document....she must have told him this, for him to write:

"And I can't help you if we don't have foolproof leverage against your dad. He's been molesting you for 12 years....."

From the time RP moved in (I believe from previous, multiple links).......Siblings? How are the siblings? OMG!

I find it ironic that when RP was visiting such a horror on his 14 year old daughter, someone else was visiting the same on him. Isn't that karma at it's best? Or, you reap what you sew? What an incredible mess and the end doesn't seem to be in sight yet.
Yes it really is ironic, but sadly this Karma came at the expense of a young, innocent girl at her most vulnerable and traumatized point. Glad they've been caught though and I think they should lock them up together in a cell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member