Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #4 *ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, these two statements are somewhat contradictory:

"The teen claims her adopted father Randall Pruitt was sexually abusing her for more than a decade."
"Pruitt, the teen's adopted father, is being charged at a state level, as all known offenses at this time all happened in Tennessee."

They had only just moved to TN so according to her this didn't start in TN.

Dear SkipperKey3,

Your post makes me wonder whether over the past decade, doctors' appointments may have raised a red flag about S.P. being sexually abused but it was "brushed off" by her mother and step-father.

There usually are signs of sexual abuse - and not just physical - that many doctors pick up on. I suppose we will find out if this was the case. From reading everything, it appears that S.P. didn't think "anyone" would believe her. So deeply saddening.

But now there is hope for her. Thankfully.

Last edited:
Yes but do we know if that means she had only told her mother in the FAMILY? I would have talked to my teachers. For sure.

Dear Yellow Rose,

Unfortunately, that's a solution S.P. didn't have because I believe she was "home-schooled". As @Rosiebones mentioned, S.P. was "isolated".

Excerpt from an earlier news article (below): I've changed the first names in the following excerpt to initials. The article states "her father" instead of her "step-father" as you will see, I only changed the names to initials.

R.P. does state in the news article that S.P. "was homeschooled." Perhaps she went to school when she was younger? But at the present time - she was totally isolated on the farm and without classmates and teachers. This is frightening, just to think about.

Excerpt from news article:

"The family moved from Georgia to Tennessee in December and her father, R.P., said S.P. was homeschooled. He added that neither he nor his wife think she attempted to go back to their old home because she loved the farm lifestyle they had in Tennessee."

FBI searching for missing 14-year-old who was last seen by parents going to bed

Last edited:
Yes but do we know if that means she had only told her mother in the FAMILY? I would have talked to my teachers. For sure.
The quote didn't sound like it was exclusively family. I believe he asked her if anybody knew, or if she had told anybody, and her response was (according to him) that she had only told her mom, who didn't believe her. It doesn't sound like she talked to her teachers during the time she was in school rather than home schooled.
But of course we don't know for certain.

Yeah, good point, I bet that was it. She also mentioned contemplating suicide, according to a quote from one of the articles. And then fell into the clutches of someone as bad as Pruitt when she tried to escape. I can't imagine it. I hope they both burn in hell.
Source, please? Which article is that? I don't remember reading that.
And did you mean "someone as bad as BDR when she tried to escape"?

Depends on what kind of rapport she'd built with her teachers. Growing up 30 years ago, I remember being told to "always trust teachers and police officers." These days it feels like teachers are given less respect. My educator friends talk about seeing a change in their students, how they're no longer looked at as people in positions of authority by all their students. We don't know how SP was raised and what she was taught in terms of trusting her teachers. She may have been repeatedly told that they couldn't be trusted and/or that they wouldn't care.

Dear Yellow Rose,

Unfortunately, that's a solution dear S.P. didn't have because I believe she was "home-schooled". As @Rosiebones mentioned, S.P. was "isolated".
True, she was homeschooled in TN. She wasn't when they lived in
GA. Just wondering if she'd told some teacher in GA that was the CAUSE of the quick move to TN?

The quote didn't sound like it was exclusively family. I believe he asked her if anybody knew, or if she had told anybody, and her response was (according to him) that she had only told her mom, who didn't believe her. It doesn't sound like she talked to her teachers during the time she was in school rather than home schooled.
But of course we don't know for certain.
Teachers and school personnel are mandated reporters, if she had something to them in all those years, they were mandated by law to report it to LE. I believe she only told her mother and it is unclear or actually unknown when she did this. After the move?

Dane County Sheriff's Office

Nothing new here so am assuming he is still being held until his detention hearing?

Also, this thread was shut down yesterday and the mods had a ton of cleanup to do because of posting without links. IMO it is best to try and include a link if you read something somewhere - even if the link was already provided upthread. The Media thread has a wealth of MSM articles if you are looking for something previously discussed.
TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*

I wouldn't be surprised if S.P. had been threatened by R.P. that perhaps her younger sister would be the next victim if she "told" anyone - anyone at all.

As we, unfortunately, know, her younger sister would have likely been the next victim of R.P.

S.P. not only saved herself but also her siblings. S.P. is definitely the hero in her own story!

I used to teach many years ago and we were taught that even the slightest HINT had to be reported. So I have wondered why the sudden move to TN and the immediate end to school for SP. All of a sudden it's homeschooling for you kiddo! Just think there's more to it. IMO

I used to teach many years ago and we were taught that even the slightest HINT had to be reported. So I have wondered why the sudden move to TN and the immediate end to school for SP. All of a sudden it's homeschooling for you kiddo! Just think there's more to it. IMO

Thank you for this information, @Yellow Rose.

And who provided the homeschooling for S.P.? Who was there all day to teach?

Was there, in fact, any homeschooling? We will eventually find out.

Rogers met the girl online through Roblox, an internet gaming platform, and also used Facebook and an encrypted messenger application to communicate with her. At one point, Rogers told investigators, the girl told him that she was being sexually abused but that nobody believed her.
In a chat between the two that police found on Rogers' phone, the girl at one point told Rogers that she couldn't promise that she would get the video evidence for him.
"Then I can't promise I can get you away from that I hate to say it but I can't risk getting in trouble for you," Rogers responded. "If you can get that video I can get you out of there."
So anyway, “She said it would also include a charge of taking a minor across state lines for sexual purposes.“
Reading this makes me realize just how desperate SP was to ask this stranger for help. It also reveals her extreme naivety.... breaks my heart.
Removed from school, so no counselor to ask for help.
Taken from family and friends to remote NEW home. Isolated but thank goodness, they allowed her access to the outside world - probably a reward for accepting RP advances quietly. Moo.
I’m torn between my fury :mad: at Rogers for taking advantage of this precious child and being thankful though sickened, that his perversion, in a sense, may have actually saved her life, and is the reason the abuse has ended.
In a couple of years, it might have been reported that SP ran away ... with some boy and was never heard from again. Moo.

The actions of this man are repulsive. He is 31 and engaging with a teenage girl online, whom he is more than twice the age of. After she confides to him that she is being raped, he persuades her to get a video of the rape rather than contacting authorities right then and there. He then tells her to send him the video instead of reporting it to LE or social services. Pretty telling that he wanted that video for his own gratification, especially since he never turned it over to anyone IMO. He then drives 1400 miles to stash her away in a basement in Wisconsin. At no point during any of this does he reach out to LE. What reasonable and prudent adult would take any of these actions? He obviously had an agenda of his own. And if I am wrong here and his underlying motives were somehow not nefarious, then he's one of the most ignorant people that I've ever heard or read about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234