Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #5 *ARRESTS*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was an assistant U.S. Attorney not a DA. The case is in federal court because the video crossed state lines.

JMO
Mea culpa, typed too quickly. Do Assistant U.S. Attorneys usually go to rape exams? If so, was it to establish that SP was taken across state lines for sexual purposes?

Yeah, you have whatever information is available to you at a point in time, and make a judgement if you feel confident in your analysis.

People are innocent until proven guilty in the court of law. But WebSleuths is not the court of law, our standards are lower because we are just discussing a case. So we are only accountable to each other.

I tend to shy away from condemning or exonerating a suspect until I am comfortable with my analysis. I don't want to falsely accuse anyone, even if it is just here on WS. There are no trophies for being first and no demerits for not taking a stand.

Personally, I was not comfortable with condemning BDR from what I knew yesterday morning. Not defending, just stating that I could not make the conflicting information on the "rescue" line up. The issue of whether there was SA after picking up SLP was what I needed to know.

It seems one of the keys for gitana (and others) was analyzing the messages between BDR and SLP. gitana was pointing out things in her posts that I didn't see, and there were some things that I wasn't sure I agreed with upon first read.

But I get it now and can learn from it. Well done gitana.

I have always had extreme admiration for people who can put my thoughts into words, and then bring up other points that I had not even thought of. @gitana1 is one of those people.

Also, a shout-out to everybody else that brings up things that I have never considered or I missed. You guys are fabulous!

Time for a breather. This 'case' is amazingly brutal with these twists, and turns. And it does soothe my soul, that so many really do care about SLP. So many care about who she IS, how she IS, and worry about how she will BE. This will be a time for this child to find her new normal, just like JC. And if she does need to attend trials, I'm sure many will show her their support. :) MHO

Now that there are heroines like Elizabeth Smart, Jayme Closs, and others, besides professional counseling, I hope SP will be in contact with these girls/women.
As a team, besides inspiring SP, other young girls will become aware that you are not alone, as others want to help.
These teams of women surely will provide hope, for girls in abusive relationships.

I am still in shock, when I think about SP's life to this day.:(:(
With each day, things must be continually improving for her, surrounded by care, looking out for SP's welfare.
Times certainly have improved over the years, in the professional work now available.
MOO.

Not that I want to go back to the complaint or defense memorandum and re-experience those messages between BR and his child victim, but in those messages, did she say in her own words to BR she told her mother about RP? I honestly cannot remember - what I recall is that he said she told him she told her mother - I will look later myself but this too has bothered me.
If she did tell her mother (and we would know this because of her written words to BR if that is what happened) and her mother did nothing - why isn't she arrested yet? I know we have to tread cautiously here. JMO
ETA: clarity about her written words

I cannot believe the mother was not aware of SP being molested by RP, from a young age.
She bathed SP, would notice blood, bruises, be informed of pain, and how this occurred.
Surely SP described what continually happened.
So SP's mother, didn't hear anything, see anything, notice anything over all these years.o_Oo_Oo_O
What a lot of rot.
This women, felt her man, was more important than her child.:eek:
What about the other children?
The dog incident is disgusting, yet this mother stayed, allowing her children to be traumatized.
What else happened?
Well, RP will get his rewards in Prison, from inmates, for the remainder of his miserable life.:):):)
MOO.

Mea culpa, typed too quickly. Do Assistant U.S. Attorneys usually go to rape exams? If so, was it to establish that SP was taken across state lines for sexual purposes?
I doubt very much they would be present during the exam.
But the report would certainly be evidence in determing whether or not he is guilty of that particular charge, as well as the victims statement. Imo

SLP said she told her mother. What do we make of that?

What I make of it is that she did tell her mother and was ignored. In fact, I doubt SLP had to tell her. I think the mother is weak and stupid, possibly over-religious, not in a good way, and judging by the men she marries either doesn't care that they are sex offenders or seeks that type out, maybe unconsciously. I think she'll do what is necessary to keep her man, is easily manipulated and figures that RP visiting her daughter from time to time is not something she's overly concerned with. A woman's burden.

IMO, obviously. I'm making judgments on what I've read and from watching her talk, and reading between some lines. But since you asked...

Last edited:
Says she was present.
In court Tuesday, assistant U.S. attorney Julie Pfluger said this proves what the charges allege: Rogers asked the girl to make a video, and the video was transported across state lines. Pfluger also said she was present for a sexual assault exam in Madison, where the nurse said there was recent sexual activity and it was "not possible these are from the father."

Madison man heads to trial for production of child *advertiser censored* in missing Tennessee girl case
I doubt very much they would be present during the exam.
But the report would certainly be evidence in determing whether or not he is guilty of that particular charge, as well as the victims statement. Imo

I've been trying to sort my thoughts about this for a few days now.

Now that we've heard that RP killed and skinned her dog, threatened her life, and was trying to impregnate her (?!?!??!?!), I think it's unlikely that this was even a secret that she needed to confide to her mom.

I mean - what if she DID get pregnant? How do you get around that? It gives me the impression that RP was pretty brazen about what he was doing. The whole family, barring RP, was probably living with a lot of fear, a lot of the time. MOO.

Some how, I've missed info about RP wishing to impregnate SP.
Please could you provide this for me.
WHY? He must be an idiot, besides a monster.
What would this prove?
A conviction for him.

Was the dog incident made, to keep SP in line, to follow RP's orders?
This is so traumatic.
I need to now walk my sweet doggie, make her happy, see the lovely sunshine, and the beautiful nature around me, as this case is so upsetting.
See you guys later.
MOO.

I read the defense memo. Unlike the majority, I do not see this man as a "misguided" hero, although his actions did lead to evidence being generated. Why?

1. What 31 year old converses online with a minor child? I have a major problem with that. They had multiple conversations. Clearly she had developed a trust or friendship with this 31 year old adult in order to get to the point she was willing to reveal abuse to him and beg him for help. What adult man is having such indepth conversations with a minor child on the internet?

2. Yes. He suggested a couple other options in the conversation the defense laid out. But he didn't press those extremely viable options. Like going to the hospital to get a rape kit. He didn't urge her to do so and reassure her that with her word and her rapists' DNA inside her, she'd be rescued by police. To me, he suggested them as other options but he didn't seem serious about those options. He didn't cycle back to them. When she begged for help he didn't continually tell her she'd be safe with those options. What he really pressed was video evidence. He really wanted that video.

3. There was audio that, when coupled with her own words, would've been quite enough for her to go to the police and be rescued. He continued to insist on VIDEO.

4. After receiving the video, he didn't simply call the authorities. "Hey, this child sent me this video of her being raped." He didn't immediately call 911. He told her he wouldn't be in trouble for picking her up if she made a video with evidence. And once she made it, he picked her up. However, that shows he believed it was viable evidence. And it shows he believed that the presence of the video would protect him from legal trouble. In other words, he didn't know asking her to make it would be illegal if he could show he was doing it to help get evidence. So he had no reason not to call 911 immediately and give them what he had gotten her to produce.

5. After receiving the video, he picked her up and took her out of state. He has ZERO reason not to drive her to a local LE department immediately, with the video. Instead, he took her across state lines.

6. He waited over 10 days to send the evidence to LE while harboring this minor in his mother's basement. Why?

7. What's this about him saying the video was too blurry?

I find his actions quite suspect. I don't think he deserves a medal for not sexually assaulting her for the days he had her. He could've been quite happy with just the video e got her to generate. He could've been working up to further exploitation.

If he was an 18 or 19 year old young man his actions might be more excusable to me because they're still at that age when there's this magical divide between adults and kids. Where adults and authorities aren't totally trusted.

But this is a 31 year old man conversing with a minor child online for a lengthy time period and insisting she generate child *advertiser censored* before he can help her.

The reaction here and the fact that he appears not to have assaulted her makes me believe he might indeed prevail in mitigating the charge. But I believe the charge was and is viable and necessary.

Just think of the sordid avenues we would be opening up to child sexual exploitation if a defense to encouraging a child to video and send an adult a recording of herself being assaulted, would be viable, under the auspicies of trying to "gather evidence".

I believe the charge is merited.

Finally, I think @MsFacetious mentioned a kidnapping charge would probably be dropped against BR. I didn't see any kidnapping charge. Only one charge - child exploitation. Am I wrong?

I have not finished reading this thread but I am astonished at the suggestion that this man was misguided. He encouraged a minor to film herself being raped. To submit herself to a criminal act. His persuasion of her - despite her pleading not to have to - was manipulative and disgusting. Sure, he could just have rescued her and taken her straight to the nearest LE. But he also could have reported it straight away to LE without encouraging her to film it (who does that? would you?) and left it in their hands to go and rescue her. There was no need to film a criminal act at all. And even if you argue that he thought that it would provide evidence he could have sent it directly to LE without going there at all.

Why didn't he do that? Because he knew he had no business befriending a teenage girl online and LE would have taken a very dim view of him. He's a creep and a sexual predator too. Who asks someone whose the subject of a criminal act to submit another time to that act? No one honest and moral. JMO. Or just my very strong opinion!

Madison man heads to trial for production of child *advertiser censored* in missing Tennessee girl case
This article says the US attorney was present at the exam and learned from the nurse that there had been sexual activity and it couldn't be the father. I can't understand why an Assistant US Attorney would have been there and would not have just waited for the written report.

Says she was present.
In court Tuesday, assistant U.S. attorney Julie Pfluger said this proves what the charges allege: Rogers asked the girl to make a video, and the video was transported across state lines. Pfluger also said she was present for a sexual assault exam in Madison, where the nurse said there was recent sexual activity and it was "not possible these are from the father."

Oh wow. I wonder if it would have been the same had it been a man.
I would think only medical staff would be present.
Unless they mean she was present when they were examining the test results, and not in the actual room during the exam. Imo

This article says the US attorney was present at the exam and learned from the nurse that there had been sexual activity and it couldn't be the father. I can't understand why an Assistant US Attorney would have been there and would not have just waited for the written report.
That does seem strange. Maybe since she was a woman and she had spoken with the victim and was given consent by the patient she was there for support? I don't know.

That does seem strange. Maybe since she was a woman and she had spoken with the victim and was given consent by the patient she was there for support? I don't know.

That's the only way I can see it happening, assuming the reporting is accurate. I've been a rape crisis counselor, and random people aren't allowed to stand around during an exam, even U.S. attorneys. How the information became public is another question.

I wonder if it is because they were already gathering evidence that 'something' had happened while she was in BR's 'care'. Maybe because of all the attention this was sure to get?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member