TN TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, the real weird part of all this is that the facts seem to indicate 2-3 different scenarios.

Just some thoughts about a few things.

The window: That reminds me a lot of the Elizabeth Smart case. Wasn't her screen slit? I have a hunch we're going to find out Savannah's was slit, too. That leans toward abduction. If you're on the inside, you just slide it up. But this house has wood floors. You'd think you might make a lot of racket coming into a window and walking on wood floors late at night. Elizabeth Smart lived in a giant house. But this is a relatively small home.

The clothing: No abductor is going to take the time to grab two cell phones and clothing. After all, an abductor inside of a house in the countryside has giant cajones. That's the kind of bold act that can end with shotgun lead in your chest. So the missing clothing causes me to lean toward runaway.

The sheets: This reminds me of the Celina Cass case. Her stepfather was arrested for murder. Prosecutors claimed that he had wrapped her in sheets or blankets and then wrapped her in a rug and dumped her body in a nearby river. Such a tragedy. He's now in a state prison psychiatric unit. I always assumed that Celina was killed by strangulation or asphyxia while she was sleeping. I am hopeful that Savannah's situation doesn't turn out like Celina's. But, if this were to be the outcome, the only reason to take her clothing would be to stage the scene to look like a runaway situation.

The phones: I've followed umpteen cases. Most times, phones are dumped right away. Someone hung onto these phones for more than an hour. Even stupid abductors would know better. It seems like someone left a trail on purpose. Why leave a trail like this?

I could see someone up in the mountains coming down on an ATV late at night to abduct a girl. But why bring phones?

I can see a girl getting upset with mom and dad. But going out the window when there are two different doors plus a garage door to use for an exit?

I find her quote under her FB profile picture very odd. At 14, I would not have typed what she (or someone) typed.
Not sure if I am allowed to share it.
I had great parents, but at 14 they sure were out to make me behave. I wasn't a fan of their rules (or them at times).

I don’t think this is something a lot of teens would write but I don’t think it’s strange. At 14, I didn’t have a fantastic relationship with my mom and wouldn’t have written it but I can see my oldest daughter (who is now 22) writing something similar about me, if she had social media at 14.

Exactly. Her weird familial posts are so “uncool” that I wrestle with thinking this was just a faux page she used to convince her parents she was goody two-shoes. Nothing else makes sense.

It’s a shame it’s “uncool” to love your parents in this day and age. SMH

When I'm out of town, Facebook sometimes freaks out and thinks someone is trying to hack my account. So it will lock my account or make me verify my identity or something. Perhaps she got locked out of her old Facebook account because Facebook recognized that she was not in Georgia. Perhaps she created a new account for that reason.

<modsnipped rumor from social media> Also why does everyone think she ran away. With her bedsheets? There’s alot of unanswered questions but in the one interview they speak of her when she left? You usually assume she would have been kidnapped!

Pray she is alright

Last edited by a moderator:
If you notice the last public activity on her old Facebook - Savannah Pruitt - was changing her profile photo at 1:07 am on Monday January 7th. This was just one week almost to the hour that she would go missing and that she apparently stayed up that late at times.

She started her new Facebook - Savannah Pruitt - 11 hours later. I wonder what the impetus was to start a new Facebook. Something was going on up to a week prior in my opinion.

Looking at her FB accounts. Maybe she was just looking for a fresh start on FB? I went and compared her friends' lists on both accounts. Her new FB has 35 friends she did not carry over from the old FB and 6 friends that were not on her original account. Her new FB only has 28 friends.

Not sure what to make of the information; but found it interesting and maybe it will spur an idea with someone else.

Savannah Pruitt

Savannah Pruitt

For me, the real weird part of all this is that the facts seem to indicate 2-3 different scenarios.

The window: That reminds me a lot of the Elizabeth Smart case. Wasn't her screen slit? I have a hunch we're going to find out Savannah's was slit, too. That leans toward abduction. If you're on the inside, you just slide it up. But this house has wood floors. You'd think you might make a lot of racket coming into a window and walking on wood floors late at night. Elizabeth Smart lived in a giant house. But this is a relatively small home.

The clothing: No abductor is going to take the time to grab two cell phones and clothing. After all, an abductor inside of a house in the countryside has giant cajones. That's the kind of bold act that can end with shotgun lead in your chest. So the missing clothing causes me to lean toward runaway.

The sheets: This reminds me of the Celina Cass case. Her stepfather was arrested for murder. Prosecutors claimed that he had wrapped her in sheets or blankets and then wrapped her in a rug and dumped her body in a nearby river. Such a tragedy. He's now in a state prison psychiatric unit. I always assumed that Celina was killed by strangulation or asphyxia while she was sleeping. I am hopeful that Savannah's situation doesn't turn out like Celina's. But, if this were to be the outcome, the only reason to take her clothing would be to stage the scene to look like a runaway situation.

The phones: I've followed umpteen cases. Most times, phones are dumped right away. Someone hung onto these phones for more than an hour. Even stupid abductors would know better. It seems like someone left a trail on purpose. Why leave a trail like this?

I could see someone up in the mountains coming down on an ATV late at night to abduct a girl. But why bring phones?

I can see a girl getting upset with mom and dad. But going out the window when there are two different doors plus a garage door to use for an exit?
Also, Elizabeth Smart was abducted with her sister lying in the bed right next to hers. Did Savannah share a room or have one of her own?

Realtor? Painter? Moving company? Neighbor? Church member? Delivery person? Lots of potential ppl could know where her room is even though only there 3 weeks.

Indeed. Add to this gardeners, landscapers, friends. Maybe someone known to the family.

Here’s a thought ftr out of the box that hasn’t come to my mind in yeaaars: “mean girls”.

Just throwing some things out there.

Looking at her FB accounts. Maybe she was just looking for a fresh start on FB? I went and compared her friends' lists on both accounts. Her new FB has 35 friends she did not carry over from the old FB and 6 friends that were not on her original account. Her new FB only has 28 friends.

Not sure what to make of the information; but found it interesting and maybe it will spur an idea with someone else.

Savannah Pruitt

Savannah Pruitt
That's what I think. My daughter says "everybody" changes their FB account "all the time." It doesn't mean it can't be a clue, but I think it's very common. Imo

Random thoughts: I wonder where the raccoon was kept-- in a cage in the house? In her room? Or perhaps in a pen in the barn? Raccoons are nocturnal animals and scavengers (at least the ones in the wild are). I can't imagine letting one roam the house free at night. If they kept it out in the barn then maybe it would not be anything unusual for Savannah to wake up and go see her pet at night or early in the morning. On the other hand, if the raccoon stayed in her room, without a cage, then I doubt Savannah would leave the window open. And finally, I wonder if her family is keeping her pet raccoon or if they have made plans to re-home him? MOO.
She raised the raccoon last year from a baby when they lived in GA. I'm guessing they didn't have a barn then and that it was kept in the house in a cage. If they were used to it being in the house, I don't know why they'd put it in the barn after the move, but I've never lived with a raccoon. Total speculation. :p
What exactly did she write? I keep seeing comments about it but have no idea what the posts said.
I know she was home-schooled, and sometimes kids like this have a very different way of socializing. They aren't necessarily concerned with being "cool" because they are not exposed to the same thing one would see in school. Imo
I think we're talking about her "intro" on her FB, not really sure. If that's it, here is what it says:

"I’m the daughter of two amazing and loving parents who teach me right from wrong daily luv u guys"
Savannah Pruitt

Last edited:
Hi yrmfp :)

I’m waiting for another source on this for backup, moo.

“The teen's window was also found open and some of her clothes and her bed sheets were missing, according to authorities.”

Did they get an exclusive quote? What is their source of this information?
I too am waiting on this. Clothes gone, both cells gone, sheets gone and an open window sounds like she was planning on sneaking out. I can't imagine a kidnapper having her get a few things for the road. But I think the fact that she did take personal items indicates a plan to be alive or to keep her alive. imo

Hi yrmfp :)

I’m waiting for another source on this for backup, moo.

“The teen's window was also found open and some of her clothes and her bed sheets were missing, according to authorities.”

Did they get an exclusive quote? What is their source of this information?

I found this one. It's from world news tonight originally but Facebook wouldn't load it for me.

Petty Reactions
Reposted from ABC World News Tonight with David Muir - MISSING TEEN: The FBI has joined the search for 14-year-old Savannah Pruitt, last seen going to bed at home in Madisonville, Tennessee, January 13 before her siblings found her bedroom window wide open with some cloths and bedsheets missing and a final ping from her cell phone the next day in Kentucky. Erielle Reshef with a family’s plea for help. #fbi #police #search #missing #tennessee #teen #parents #plea #help #cell #phone #kentucky #investigation #worldnewstonight - #regrann

She raised the raccoon last year from a baby and they lived in GA then. I'm guessing they didn't have a barn then and that it was kept in the house in a cage. If they were used to it being in the house, I don't know why they'd put it in the barn after the move, but I've never lived with a raccoon. Total speculation. :p

I think we're talking about her "intro" on her FB, not really sure. If that's it, here is what it says:

I’m the daughter of two amazing and loving parents who teach me right from wrong daily luv u guys
Savannah Pruitt
Thank you! Doesn't seem strange at all coming from a child who is home-schooled.
Do we know the reason for her being home-schooled? Are they religious or just have different views in regard to public schools?

What exactly did she write? I keep seeing comments about it but have no idea what the posts said.
I know she was home-schooled, and sometimes kids like this have a very different way of socializing. They aren't necessarily concerned with being "cool" because they are not exposed to the same thing one would see in school. Imo

I'm not sure which quote is being discussed but here's what Heavy says is on her fb:

"Savannah’s first Facebook page continues almost nothing publicly viewable, except two photos, including a profile picture with a heart around it. It says she lives in Madisonville, Tennessee.

A second page with the same profile picture and name contains this profile blurb: “I’m the daughter of two amazing and loving parents who teach me right from wrong daily luv u guys” The cover photo on one of the two pages is a cross.

Other photos on her page say things like “family is everything.” One graphic she shared discusses reading books. She also shared selfies. “You look like the sweet little girl you are. Pretty,” wrote one friend on one of them."

Savannah Pruitt: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

It doesn't sound like anything odd to me. Seems like a kid who is probably friends with her family on facebook. Also seems like a girl who is not a troubled teen and not into any kind of drama on her public social media accounts. MOO.

I too am waiting on this. Clothes gone, both cells gone, sheets gone and an open window sounds like she was planning on sneaking out. I can't imagine a kidnapper having her get a few things for the road. But I think the fact that she did take personal items indicates a plan to be alive or to keep her alive. imo

(I just had a creepy reminder of Diana Alvarez’ case when I read your post.)

ETA: Not that the cases are similar at all.

I’m glad she popped in my mind anyway because I got to bump her thread for 2019.)

Last edited:
I found this one. It's from world news tonight originally but Facebook wouldn't load it for me.

Petty Reactions
Reposted from ABC World News Tonight with David Muir - MISSING TEEN: The FBI has joined the search for 14-year-old Savannah Pruitt, last seen going to bed at home in Madisonville, Tennessee, January 13 before her siblings found her bedroom window wide open with some cloths and bedsheets missing and a final ping from her cell phone the next day in Kentucky. Erielle Reshef with a family’s plea for help. #fbi #police #search #missing #tennessee #teen #parents #plea #help #cell #phone #kentucky #investigation #worldnewstonight - #regrann
So first, the Mom found her missing at 4:30 am.
Then it was the sister- one sister, at 5:00 am
Now it's the sisters found her missing, plural.

When I'm out of town, Facebook sometimes freaks out and thinks someone is trying to hack my account. So it will lock my account or make me verify my identity or something. Perhaps she got locked out of her old Facebook account because Facebook recognized that she was not in Georgia. Perhaps she created a new account for that reason.

Could the new fb have been made when she got her new phone in TN? Maybe she was locked out of her old one like you said and since her phone number changed perhaps she thought starting a new account with her new phone number was easier? (Disclaimer: IDK anything about facebook)

The only thing I can think of if she left on her own is that she planned to sneak out and spend the night with a friend, but even that doesn't make sense. They just moved so who could she know?
She seems pretty close to her family, so it doesn't seem likely. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member