TN TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! Doesn't seem strange at all coming from a child who is home-schooled.
Do we know the reason for her being home-schooled? Are they religious or just have different views in regard to public schools?
I don't think they've stated a reason or any opinion about public schools. On Savannah's first Facebook page, her cover photo is a cross: Savannah Pruitt and her parents and aunt have asked for prayers.
MOO

So first, the Mom found her missing at 4:30 am.
Then it was the sister- one sister, at 5:00 am
Now it's the sisters found her missing, plural.
That doesn't look like the original report. It looks like someone summarized the story and made a FB post and I'm not even sure that it's MSM.

ETA: I checked and it's an entertainment website's FB page. :rolleyes:
MOO

"I’m the daughter of two amazing and loving parents who teach me right from wrong daily luv u guys"
Savannah Pruitt

This ^^^ My opinion "moo", I think is just odd.
I remember being 14. Again, moo, but I would have chosen something about twirling or my bff to put in my bio.
I pray that she returns home quickly and safely. You are loved, sweet one.

I'm not sure which quote is being discussed but here's what Heavy says is on her fb:

"Savannah’s first Facebook page continues almost nothing publicly viewable, except two photos, including a profile picture with a heart around it. It says she lives in Madisonville, Tennessee.

A second page with the same profile picture and name contains this profile blurb: “I’m the daughter of two amazing and loving parents who teach me right from wrong daily luv u guys” The cover photo on one of the two pages is a cross.

Other photos on her page say things like “family is everything.” One graphic she shared discusses reading books. She also shared selfies. “You look like the sweet little girl you are. Pretty,” wrote one friend on one of them."

Savannah Pruitt: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

It doesn't sound like anything odd to me. Seems like a kid who is probably friends with her family on facebook. Also seems like a girl who is not a troubled teen and not into any kind of drama on her public social media accounts. MOO.
Yes, that's what it sounds like to me. Many families who home-school their kids do so for religious reasons and are very family-oriented. They connect and socialize with other families who do the same, and are not exposed to the drama and bullying that goes on at school.
I don't know if this is the case, but that's what it sounds like. Imo

I don't think they've stated a reason or any opinion about public schools. On Savannah's first Facebook page, her cover photo is a cross: Savannah Pruitt and her parents and aunt have asked for prayers.
MOO
Well, there are just a few reasons for homeschooling, and each state likely has different laws. But religion is the most common so that's why I asked. Some states may be more lenient than others. Imo

I found this one. It's from world news tonight originally but Facebook wouldn't load it for me.

Petty Reactions
Reposted from ABC World News Tonight with David Muir - MISSING TEEN: The FBI has joined the search for 14-year-old Savannah Pruitt, last seen going to bed at home in Madisonville, Tennessee, January 13 before her siblings found her bedroom window wide open with some cloths and bedsheets missing and a final ping from her cell phone the next day in Kentucky. Erielle Reshef with a family’s plea for help. #fbi #police #search #missing #tennessee #teen #parents #plea #help #cell #phone #kentucky #investigation #worldnewstonight - #regrann

So “cloths” or “clothes”?
(ETA: the video clarifies “clothes”)

This is still ABC (as was re other article). Are they bouncing off themselves like we are seeing in media lately as related to Abby’s and Libby’s case? Sorry, I should probably watch the video first, still looking for reliable confirmation on this from a non ABC source, or at least one with more information. I imagine this will be asked/clarified at the next PC.

Last edited:
So “cloths” or “clothes”?

This is still ABC. Are they bouncing off themselves like we are seeing in media as related to Abby’s and Libby’s case. Sorry should probably watch the video first, still looking for reliable confirmation on this. I imagine this question for clarification will be asked at the next PC.

I went through several articles and ABC is the only place I see that. That explains how I've missed it.

I went through several articles and ABC is the only place I see that. That explains how I've missed it.

The reporter very clearly states this about clothes and sheets as the words appear on the screen as text (watching now/ thanks for link).

“Clothes and sheets missing”

Last edited:
So first, the Mom found her missing at 4:30 am.
Then it was the sister- one sister, at 5:00 am
Now it's the sisters found her missing, plural.
Maybe the mother went in the room at 4:30, saw she was missing and went around the house looking for her and during that time the sister went in at 5:00. Or they just got the time mixed up.
If it was several hours apart it might seem strange but it's only a difference of 30 minutes. It could also be poor reporting, which seems to occur in just about every case. It would probably be helpful if they were able to narrow down the time. Imo

Indeed. Add to this gardeners, landscapers, friends. Maybe someone known to the family.

Here’s a thought ftr out of the box that hasn’t come to my mind in yeaaars: “mean girls”.

Just throwing some things out there.

BBM. Oh my gosh, Mags it's time for me to go bed. I read your first line as "Gardener's landscaper friends" -- and I got really confused there for a minute! :oops:

(I'm not much of a gardener, btw, and I wish I knew some decent landscapers. :D )

Back to your suggestions-- it seems like the wrong time of year for any gardeners or landscapers to have been by the TN house already. They just bought the house in late December. Weather is 30's and 40's there. Grass is probably dead and brown right now. MOO.

RE: Mean girls-- possible reason for a switch to home schooling and moving? But I can't see "mean girls" following her to Tennessee to harm her-- they would just taunt her on social media probably. Has there been a case where "mean girls" did something like that to another teen? I was thinking more like an older stalker former boyfriend (or boy who wanted to be more than friends and was denied). That might be someone angry enough at the move to drive across several states and set up some elaborate red herring. I was thinking a possible Kara Kopetsky situation-- IIRC, Kara was in the process of taking out a restraining order on Kylr Yust when she disappeared but she also had called him on the phone that day. But, IDK, not sure if the signs are there of a stalker. I hope that LE would indicate if they have a suspect like that. The open window and sheets missing is throwing too many conflicting flags for me. :eek:o_O:confused: MOO.

I’m baffled by the LE response... they don’t want to rule out or rule in Savannah being abducted OR her running away. They haven’t classified her as endangered because they “have no reason to believe she is in danger.” They have scoured her phone history and social media and are convinced she wasn’t communicating with anyone strange online.

LE’s statements are full of contradictions but also seem to lack the dire urgency that would normally be expected in the case of a 14 year old girl vanishing from her home in the dead of night. This child is 14... why is there no full court press?

Something doesn’t add up.

BBM. Oh my gosh, Mags it's time for me to go bed. I read your first line as "Gardener's landscaper friends" -- and I got really confused there for a minute! :oops:

(I'm not much of a gardener, btw, and I wish I knew some decent landscapers. :D )

Back to your suggestions-- it seems like the wrong time of year for any gardeners or landscapers to have been by the TN house already. They just bought the house in late December. Weather is 30's and 40's there. Grass is probably dead and brown right now. MOO.

RE: Mean girls-- possible reason for a switch to home schooling and moving? But I can't see "mean girls" following her to Tennessee to harm her-- they would just taunt her on social media probably. Has there been a case where "mean girls" did something like that to another teen? I was thinking more like an older stalker former boyfriend (or boy who wanted to be more than friends and was denied). That might be someone angry enough at the move to drive across several states and set up some elaborate red herring. I was thinking a possible Kara Kopetsky situation-- IIRC, Kara was in the process of taking out a restraining order on Kylr Yust when she disappeared but she also had called him on the phone that day. But, IDK, not sure if the signs are there of a stalker. I hope that LE would indicate if they have a suspect like that. The open window and sheets missing is throwing too many conflicting flags for me. :eek:o_O:confused: MOO.

Lol! Thanks for your reponse, good point about the season.

5c4ccb8f3e986.image.jpg

That second photo looks like it was made with one of those "make up apps". There are apps you can download for your phone that let you touch up your selfies and add make up before you post them. I think the flowers in the corner are also a feature you can add with those apps. These are really popular among teens these days. Does anyone recognize the flower/know what app that comes from? Maybe we can figure out what app she was using? It's probably nothing, but I often wonder about the safety of those apps because they require access to your photos/camera to use and photos can reveal your location.

MOO

You reminded me of a quote somewhere (it’s in my notes I’ll find t) about her “not being in communication with”

This is not to say that just because she wasn’t talking to someone online that they weren’t monitoring her somehow.

ETA: From upstream somewhere

“Fillyaw said there was nothing that indicated she ran away or was speaking with someone who would try to abduct her.”

—-

“was speaking with someone”, this doesn’t necessarily mean someone wasn’t viewing/monitoring her SM

(Sorry I’m having trouble with my editor, sorry for bold, those came from my notes)

Last edited:
I’m baffled by the LE response... they don’t want to rule out or rule in Savannah being abducted OR her running away. They haven’t classified her as endangered because they “have no reason to believe she is in danger.” They have scoured her phone history and social media and are convinced she wasn’t communicating with anyone strange online.

LE’s statements are full of contradictions but also seem to lack the dire urgency that would normally be expected in the case of a 14 year old girl vanishing from her home in the dead of night. This child is 14... why is there no full court press?

Yeah, even the Sheriff's department which is handling the case only put up a post on January 15th and then not another word until January 25th - linking a story from a county newspaper. So there hadn't been an seeming urgency.

If you notice the last public activity on her old Facebook - Savannah Pruitt - was changing her profile photo at 1:07 am on Monday January 7th. This was just one week almost to the hour that she would go missing and that she apparently stayed up that late at times.

She started her new Facebook - Savannah Pruitt - 11 hours later. I wonder what the impetus was to start a new Facebook. Something was going on up to a week prior in my opinion.

Marking. This seems possibly important somehow (reminded of CW deleting all his SM a week before (again not that these cases are similar in any way).

Last edited:
Yeah, even the Sheriff's department which is handling the case only put up a post on January 15th and then not another word until January 25th - linking a story from a county newspaper. So there hadn't been an seeming urgency.
Maybe at that time, they thought that she might have ran away. For some reason, they don't suspect she was abducted, nor do they think she ran away. Now the FBI is involved. I wonder if there was any cameras at the area where her phone last pinged. They have a time of when it happened, and I am sure they have looked into it or are looking into it.

Did LE definitively state that this was not an abduction? I know they said they did not believe she was a runaway, but did they actually rule out a possible abduction? If this is true then it would seem they have a pretty good idea of what they think happened. What was the source and did they state both at the same time? It just seems strange. Imo

Well, it's difficult to answer: Earlier today, Newsweek reported that Monroe County Sheriff's Detective Jason Fillyaw said that the sheriff's office, FBI, and the TBI combed through a report spanning more than 2,000 pages about Savannah’s cell phone and social media activity, and after reviewing the report, Fillyaw said there was nothing that indicated she ran away or was speaking with someone who would try to abduct her.

But here's the rub: Fillyaw also said in the same breath that the case is being investigated as a missing juvenile, BUT an abduction case or the 14 year old being a runaway haven't been ruled out.

Huh? So which is it -- did you really see nothing in 2,000 pages, or why are you reluctant to rule out runaway or abduction?

Fast forward to this afternoon, and ABC News reported that SP was last seen heading to bed between 11 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. by her mother, that there were no red flags, and that she was in good spirits-- but that her two cell phones pinged in Corbin, KY --almost 140 miles away --between 5:15 a.m. and 5:30 a.m. the next day, and/or about the same time her younger sister discovered that SP was missing!

Do authorities believe that SP was with her phones (that have reportedly been turned off since the ping) when they crossed to Kentucky? How did SP get to KY? Wouldn't she have had to leave home within an hour or two since last seen by her parents?

And we also learned for the first time that SP's window was found open, and some of her clothes and her bed sheets were missing, according to authorities.....

"Right now we're still treating this as a missing-persons investigation. All the leads that we've searched for at this point have kind of hit dead ends," Fillyaw said. "We’re seeking, you know, any tips or information from the public at this time."

I don't know, but I believe LE would best be served if they'd be more clear, and transparent with the public. The public will help, but one searches differently for a teen missing on their own versus one taken by force.

At this point, I'm really hoping that SP ran away, and that she's safe with somebody she knows. MOO

FBI searching for missing 14-year-old who was last seen by parents going to bed
Missing teen's cellphones pinged nearly 140 miles from Tennessee home: Police

@Rosiebones mentioned upstream older female which reminded me of a couple trafficking cases where females deceived and lured unsuspecting girls. There’s one case out of Dallas where a young, naive girl thought she was talking to an older girl high school age, considered her a friend and started confiding in her as friends would, turns out the friend was really older, lured her to meet up with her and when she did she and her awful boyfriend threw her in the car trunk and drugged her and prostituted her out of motels (possibly truckstop). In other words, this victim didn’t live a high risk lifestyle, etc. The investigation was massive, the victim later came public with her story to help others.

This^ 5 stars!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members