TN TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Parents of missing teen: "Please help us find our baby"
Savannah's parents joined the Monroe County Sheriff's Office in asking for your help to find Savannah Leigh Pruitt, 14, who was last seen on Saturday, January 13th at 11 p.m. at her Madisonville home. Officials say her mother went into her room on the morning of Jan. 14 at 4:30 a.m. and she was not there.

There isn't a description of what she was wearing, but authorities think she may have traveled to Corbin, Ky. Her cell phone was last "pinged" in that area on the morning of Jan. 14 at 5:15 a.m. to 5:30 a.m.

Fillyaw says they reached out to the sheriff's office in Corbin, who then checked the area. The phone showed it was within a "relative" distance to the welcome center, just over the state line in Kentucky.

The sheriff's office says Savannah's phone has not been active since "that last ping", and she has not used her cell phone or presented herself on social media since then. Investigators say she had two phones, one from her old residence, in Georgia, and another she got when her family moved to Monroe County,

No one has any information on why she would be or could be in Kentucky, Fillyaw said, and they are not able to track her phone while it's off.

Fillyaw says the sheriff's office has reached out to all cell carriers and social media outlets to get a report on Savannah's phone activity. The report is an excess of "2,000 pages," which the sheriff's office says they have combed through along with the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

"There has been nothing in any of that reporting that led us to believe that she intended to run away or was speaking with anybody that would try to abduct her," Fillyaw said. Savannah's case has not been upgraded to an endangered child's case because they do not have any information "as far as her being in any direct danger."

"There's some information that we are withholding at this time," Fillyaw said. "Just to maintain the integrity of the investigation...[just in case] it could possibly turn into some kind of prosecution."

What kind of information could they be withholding? I assume it's a clue that was left behind. Maybe a note?

It sounds like she moved during winter break. School started Jan. 8 in her new city. Notice that there are no details of the time when she left nor the circumstances. We don't even know what she was wearing. That leads me to wonder if she left when nobody was home or in the middle of the night. I'm guessing at night when everyone was asleep.

Her dad is a truck driver. So she knows the ins and outs of traveling the highways. But would she hop into a truck with a stranger? I doubt that. Where would she go? Why would she leave in the first place?

Four days at a new school isn't much time to get to know anyone. So I'm not seeing it as leaving with someone she met at school.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has joined the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office (MCSO) and Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI) to search for Savannah Leigh Pruitt, who was last seen at her home in Madisonville, Tennessee on Jan. 13, according to a post on the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office Facebook page.

savannah-leigh-pruitt-ht-003-jpo-190126_hpEmbed_7x9_992.jpg

[...]

Monroe County Sheriff's Office

Monroe County Sheriff's Office searching for missing 14-year-old girl

What kind of information could they be withholding? I assume it's a clue that was left behind. Maybe a note?

It sounds like she moved during winter break. School started Jan. 8 in her new city. Notice that there are no details of the time when she left nor the circumstances. We don't even know what she was wearing. That leads me to wonder if she left when nobody was home or in the middle of the night. I'm guessing at night when everyone was asleep.

Her dad is a truck driver. So she knows the ins and outs of traveling the highways. But would she hop into a truck with a stranger? I doubt that. Where would she go? Why would she leave in the first place?

Four days at a new school isn't much time to get to know anyone. So I'm not seeing it as leaving with someone she met at school.
BBM

It appears that she disappeared between 11 p.m. on Sat, 1/13 and 4:30 a.m. on Sun, 1/14. So, a 5 1/2 hour window. (See 2nd paragraph in the article below.)

Her parents said she was home schooled.

I think this must be the Welcome Center near where her phone pinged: Google Maps Street view: Google Maps

Photos of the Welcome Center: Google Maps I think I see one inside camera but I can't really tell if there are any outside.

I wonder if there’s any chance that she was trying to get back to GA? Maybe she didn’t want to move and decided to try to run away back to where she lived. Just a theory. All jmo.

Monroe County Sheriff's Office searching for missing 14-year-old girl
The Monroe County Sheriff's Office, the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation are asking for public assistance in the case of a missing teenage girl.

She may have traveled to the Corbin, Ky. area, Monroe County Sheriff's Office detectives saying at a press conference Friday that her two cell phones both pinged location last toward that area, about a mile and half across the Kentucky state line. The phones have been off since Jan. 14, authorities say.

For MCSO, this is the first time they have had a teenage girl go missing for this long, "at this level," and the first time they have had to involve the FBI to assist in the investigation and search for a missing teen, they said Friday afternoon.

The Pruitt family had just moved back to Madisonville from Lawrenceville, Ga. in late December, according to Savannah's father, Randall Pruitt, who spoke about his daughter alongside his wife, Savannah's mother, Christina Pruitt.

Savannah, a lover of horses, her pet raccoon and other family farm animals, being called their "farm girl," by her parents. Talking about Savannah's love of their family farm was the only time her parents managed to crack a smile through their tears.

Savannah is their oldest child of four.

Following the Friday press conference, investigators received "a few tips" regarding Savannah that they are looking into.

View attachment 165938 View attachment 165937 View attachment 165936 View attachment 165935

Wondering about the area that her phones last pinged in. If it was a mile and half inside the state line from Tennessee into Kentucky, that would be closer to Williamsburg than Corbin. Both cities are in Whitley County, but Corbin is also in Laurel County closer to London.

Wondering about the area that her phones last pinged in. If it was a mile and half inside the state line from Tennessee into Kentucky, that would be closer to Williamsburg than Corbin. Both cities are in Whitley County, but Corbin is also in Laurel County closer to London.
That's my understanding. It was reported in another article (see post #22) that the phone was within a "relative" distance to the Welcome Center, just over the state line in Kentucky. The Welcome Center is south of Williamsburg.

Welcome Center: Google Maps
Street view: Google Maps
Photos: Google Maps

I wonder why they said ‘help us find our baby”? She’s not a baby. Since she was homeschooled maybe she felt her family was controlling or restrictive therefor running toward independence. She doesn’t seem like an atypical runaway, was she maybe chatting to someone online?

Based on how long it takes to get from Madisonville to the Welcome Center in Kentucky (2 hours) she had to exit her house no later than 3:15 AM.

We don't have a clothing description but I would hope they would know if the winter coat she usually wears is missing, or a backpack, footwear, etc.

Last edited:
RSBM
RBBM

"There has been nothing in any of that reporting that led us to believe that she intended to run away or was speaking with anybody that would try to abduct her," Fillyaw said. Savannah's case has not been upgraded to an endangered child's case because they do not have any information "as far as her being in any direct danger."

"There's some information that we are withholding at this time," Fillyaw said. "Just to maintain the integrity of the investigation...[just in case] it could possibly turn into some kind of prosecution."

Why do I get this horrible feeling that they DO think she might have been abducted?

Maintaining the integrity..... tells me there is evidence of 'something.'

What are they not telling us? And do we just let it go?

All MOO IMO as I am trying to wrap my head around this. Oh, I hope you are safe out here in the world, Savannah.

I wonder if there’s any chance that she was trying to get back to GA? Maybe she didn’t want to move and decided to try to run away back to where she lived. Just a theory. All jmo.
Except that GA is south of TN and her phone pinged north - in KY.
I wonder why they said ‘help us find our baby”? She’s not a baby. Since she was homeschooled maybe she felt her family was controlling or restrictive therefor running toward independence. She doesn’t seem like an atypical runaway, was she maybe chatting to someone online?
LE, including the TBI and FBI have gone through 2,000+ pages of cell phone and social media data and said, ""There has been nothing in any of that reporting that led us to believe that she intended to run away or was speaking with anybody that would try to abduct her."

Search widens as parents bare their agony over daughter, 14, now missing for 2 weeks
"It's like having your soul ripped out of your body," Randall Pruitt said at a press conference with authorities on Friday. "You can't think, you can't eat, you can't sleep, you can't rest -- life has just ceased for us since she left."

The Pruitt family had just moved back to Madisonville from Lawrenceville, Ga. in late December, according to Randall Pruitt, who opened up about his daughter alongside his wife, Savannah's mother, Christina Pruitt, on Friday, WATE reported.

"At this point in time, we truly need the eyes and ears of the community," a MCSO detective said Friday, according to ABC Knoxville affiliate WATE.

Except that GA is south of TN and her phone pinged north - in KY.

LE, including the TBI and FBI have gone through 2,000+ pages of cell phone and social media data and said, ""There has been nothing in any of that reporting that led us to believe that she intended to run away or was speaking with anybody that would try to abduct her."

Very true. I just thought maybe she was getting back to GA with the help of friends/friends of friends, maybe having to travel a few out of the way destinations in order to get to the place she wants to go. Like, if she was catching rides with people as she could, even if it initially takes her farther from her destination. Or visiting some friends before going to GA. Yes, I am super aware that theory is like the biggest reach of all time. It’s just a thought. Not based on any evidence, jmo. Maybe I just want to hope for a voluntary disappearance. I hate all this for her family.:(

I wonder if LE is keeping some details back like they did in the JC case. I know it’s a radically different missing case, but it feels like something crucial is being left out. I’d think with so little facts known, they’d want the public to have all the info they can to help facilitate finding her asap. Knowing the FBI is involved is comforting. Idk why this case has grabbed me so hard.... She seems so innocent. I hope she’s found soon all safe. jmo

Very true. I just thought maybe she was getting back to GA with the help of friends/friends of friends, maybe having to travel a few out of the way destinations in order to get to the place she wants to go. Like, if she was catching rides with people as she could, even if it initially takes her farther from her destination. Or visiting some friends before going to GA. Yes, I am super aware that theory is like the biggest reach of all time. It’s just a thought. Not based on any evidence, jmo. Maybe I just want to hope for a voluntary disappearance. I hate all this for her family.:(
And I had the same thought. It just makes sense that if she ran away, she would go toward people and places familiar to her. However, it doesn't make sense with where her phone pinged. Assuming she is with her phone, she would have gone 2 hours north to KY, then 4 1/2 hours back past her starting point (where she knows people would be looking for her) to GA. Stranger things have happened, I suppose. As usual, we need more information. :(
I wonder if LE is keeping some details back like they did in the JC case. I know it’s a radically different missing case, but it feels like something crucial is being left out. I’d think with so little facts known, they’d want the public to have all the info they can to help facilitate finding her asap. Knowing the FBI is involved is comforting. Idk why this case has grabbed me so hard.... She seems so innocent. I hope she’s found soon all safe. jmo
BBM. Yes, they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee