TN TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all of the information. Keep in mind that Jan. 13 was a Sunday. Jan. 14 was Monday. I wonder if she disappeared after church services?

Yes, the discrepancy with the date last seen was when her mother last saw her going to bed, and reported her missing early the next day from what I gather. This is also why no clothing description has been provided. Sources have stated that date as the missing date, so I kept it just the same by default

Another poster wrote that it was Saturday night/Sunday morning. I'm just trying to get the details right. I believe it was Sunday night/Monday morning.
It was Sunday into Monday morning. Per her mother, and stated by law enforcement in the press conference Friday (linked on this thread), she was last seen on Sunday around 11pm and her mother found her missing between 4:00am and 4:30am Monday morning.

I wonder if LE is keeping some details back like they did in the JC case. I know it’s a radically different missing case, but it feels like something crucial is being left out. I’d think with so little facts known, they’d want the public to have all the info they can to help facilitate finding her asap. Knowing the FBI is involved is comforting. Idk why this case has grabbed me so hard.... She seems so innocent. I hope she’s found soon all safe. jmo

In the presser linked above, the spokesperson says as much. We know she was homeschooled and loved her animals, raised a raccoon. She is the oldest of 4.

She did have a cell phone, I think possibly two. One of them pinged in KY, as those following this story know.

This is a bizarre missing teenager case. It’s been going on two weeks now, and nothing coming from it.

Would be interesting to know who could have met or seen her once she moved to Tennessee. Fourteen is a tough age to have to move, fwiw.

"This is the first time that I know of that we've had to go to this level on a missing juvenile, to get the FBI involved," Fillyaw said. Fillyaw says they're working on some new leads, but there are no suspects. "We're not at liberty to name anyone at this point," he said. Due to the lack of information, they cannot confirm whether Savannah is a runaway or if the case should be classified as an abduction, the investigators said. "It's being treated as a missing juvenile," Fillyaw said; however, other options are not being ruled out.

Parents of missing teen: "Please help us find our baby"

Hope she gets home soon. Based on what her parents are saying, she isn’t they type to run away, and I have not seen any mention of anyone who would drive to Madison to pick her up in the middle of the night.

There have been other cases where girls were abducted from their beds at night without anyone in the family knowing. It might be something like that, at least that’s what I am thinking about tonight. The odd thing is her cell phone ping in KY.

My money is on someone connected to her church. That's not a knock on churchgoers. It just seems to match up time-wise, and it appears that she had limited contact with people in her new area. i suspect that her window screen was slit. But that doesn't necessarily mean that it was slit from the outside. She might have been unable to remove or raise the screen. Since her father is a trucker, she would know how to get a ride from another trucker. So it's possible that she left completely alone and went to a truck stop to get a ride out of the area. But I find it unlikely that a trucker would give her a lift. I mean, would someone do that? She clearly looks like a minor.

Savannah's parents joined the Monroe County Sheriff's Office in asking for your help to find Savannah Leigh Pruitt, 14, who was last seen on Saturday, January 13th at 11 p.m. at her Madisonville home. Officials say her mother went into her room on the morning of Jan. 14 at 4:30 a.m. and she was not there.

There isn't a description of what she was wearing, but authorities think she may have traveled to Corbin, Ky. Her cell phone was last "pinged" in that area on the morning of Jan. 14 at 5:15 a.m. to 5:30 a.m.

Fillyaw says they reached out to the sheriff's office in Corbin, who then checked the area. The phone showed it was within a "relative" distance to the welcome center, just over the state line in Kentucky.

The sheriff's office says Savannah's phone has not been active since "that last ping", and she has not used her cell phone or presented herself on social media since then. Investigators say she had two phones, one from her old residence, in Georgia, and another she got when her family moved to Monroe County,

No one has any information on why she would be or could be in Kentucky, Fillyaw said, and they are not able to track her phone while it's off.

Fillyaw says the sheriff's office has reached out to all cell carriers and social media outlets to get a report on Savannah's phone activity. The report is an excess of "2,000 pages," which the sheriff's office says they have combed through along with the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

"There has been nothing in any of that reporting that led us to believe that she intended to run away or was speaking with anybody that would try to abduct her," Fillyaw said. Savannah's case has not been upgraded to an endangered child's case because they do not have any information "as far as her being in any direct danger."

"There's some information that we are withholding at this time," Fillyaw said. "Just to maintain the integrity of the investigation...[just in case] it could possibly turn into some kind of prosecution."
Gah! Reading about her cell phone give me a combination of Jayme Closs and Kelsey Berreth cases- which one? If she was abducted like Jayme, her phone may have pinged from KY while her battery was still charged or the kidnapper discovered it and tossed it.

Or there could have been a couple of people involved and one dropped the phone off in KY while the other one has Savannah.

I think LE is leaning toward abduction, IMO. They called the FBI in for a reason. Poor girl, I hope she is ok and found safe and sound soon.

My money is on someone connected to her church. That's not a knock on churchgoers. It just seems to match up time-wise, and it appears that she had limited contact with people in her new area. i suspect that her window screen was slit. But that doesn't necessarily mean that it was slit from the outside. She might have been unable to remove or raise the screen. Since her father is a trucker, she would know how to get a ride from another trucker. So it's possible that she left completely alone and went to a truck stop to get a ride out of the area. But I find it unlikely that a trucker would give her a lift. I mean, would someone do that? She clearly looks like a minor.

Yeah, the part about not being in the area long and being homeschooled. If the family did join a church, I would think that would be something important to consider, since that may have been a place a potential abductor would see her. We know so little.

I saw in the Atlanta Journal Constitution today about her ties to the ATL area, but then why would her cell phone be pinging in KY?

Last edited:
BBM

It appears that she disappeared between 11 p.m. on Sat, 1/13 and 4:30 a.m. on Sun, 1/14. So, a 5 1/2 hour window. (See 2nd paragraph in the article below.)

Her parents said she was home schooled.

I think this must be the Welcome Center near where her phone pinged: Google Maps Street view: Google Maps

Photos of the Welcome Center: Google Maps I think I see one inside camera but I can't really tell if there are any outside.
CORRECTION: Post above should read Sun, 1/13 and Mon, 1/14.

Last edited:
This says they just moved BACK to town. So the family would already know people in town. They lived there before.
Address history shows prior addresses in Jefferson County (80 miles away) rather than Monroe county so it more likely means that they moved back to the general area of eastern Tennessee rather than back to where they had lived previously.

And I had the same thought. It just makes sense that if she ran away, she would go toward people and places familiar to her. However, it doesn't make sense with where her phone pinged. Assuming she is with her phone, she would have gone 2 hours north to KY, then 4 1/2 hours back past her starting point (where she knows people would be looking for her) to GA. Stranger things have happened, I suppose. As usual, we need more information. :(

BBM. Yes, they are.

"There's some information that we are withholding at this time," Fillyaw said. "Just to maintain the integrity of the investigation...[just in case] it could possibly turn into some kind of prosecution."

Ahhhh, that does make sense. I hope the info being withheld includes a good lead to where she is.

In the presser linked above, the spokesperson says as much. We know she was homeschooled and loved her animals, raised a raccoon. She is the oldest of 4.

She did have a cell phone, I think possibly two. One of them pinged in KY, as those following this story know.

This is a bizarre missing teenager case. It’s been going on two weeks now, and nothing coming from it.

Would be interesting to know who could have met or seen her once she moved to Tennessee. Fourteen is a tough age to have to move, fwiw.

Yes, a move at 14 would be difficult. I’ve followed this case all along, but I’d missed the info that LE is withholding info at this time. I’m just hoping it includes a pretty good lead on where she may be.

I posted Savannah's missing persons flier to MissingCases.com and we've got about 1,000 shares since 7:00 MST this morning. I think many people just assumed this was 'just another' runaway case, but my intuition vaguely implies otherwise. It seems to be gaining the attention of the public, but it's not enough. There is further action I could take, but I'm waiting to see how quickly we reach the 2,500 share mark - which I call the "saturation point". Once that point is reached, the case is usually well-known by the public and the search greatly intensifies.

That’s amazing! I’m so glad you’ve done that. The more sets of eyes on the case, the more chance that someone has seen her and will contact LE. Fingers crossed.

Did I read correctly above that she had two cell phones? Also, is the FB above her only SM? Her page reads very mild for a kid her age in 2019. It’s refreshing but odd too, imo. The FBI jumping in has to mean something.

Did I read correctly above that she had two cell phones? Also, is the FB above her only SM? Her page reads very mild for a kid her age in 2019. It’s refreshing but odd too, imo. The FBI jumping in has to mean something.

The FBI would get involved if they believed she was taken across state lines, I believe.

Do we know where her home is located? Anywhere near there that would have a camera?

What do we know about why they moved back? Did something happen in their previous town? Why did they leave the area to begin with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d2xresearcher