TN TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She may have traveled to Whitley County, Kentucky as her cellphone pinged near the Interstate 75 welcome center Jan. 15. Savannah's phone has not been active since then.

Pruitt's father said the family moved back to the area Dec. 27, but the family doesn't believe she tried to go back to her previous home.

Missing Tennessee teen's cellphone last pinged in Kentucky

I'm not usually one to make a big deal of past tense word usage but I found the parents' words to be revealing in the interview video at this link: Monroe County Sheriff's Office searching for missing 14-year-old girl

Dad: "It is unimaginable to tell you how it feels to lose one of yours. There is no explanation unless you've went through it. She brought the sunshine up in the morning, I mean just like not having your cup of coffee in the morning, it's just not the same without Savannah."

Video cuts to mom at Presser saying: "She was my sunshine, I put that on facebook, and now my sunshine is gone."

I'm not implying the parents are in anyway involved. Their words sound genuine to me. But these sound like the words of parents who don't think their daughter is coming back to them. MOO.
Yeah, I was trying to not sound very cold hearted myself but hinky meter went up a couple of notches when they talked about her in the past tense. He sounded weird to me, the way he talked about her being his sunshine and comparing her to not having your cup of coffee in the morning.

Of course, they might be thinking she isn't alive, but it's a bit early to determine that, if there was no evidence of a break in or struggle nor any blood or evidence of foul play had occurred. Only mentioning her cell phone pinging in KY.

To me, that leaves two scenarios for those comments-
1. LE has told them they don't believe she is alive, based on evidence they have, but are keeping it out of the media (I doubt this, but who knows?)
2. they are involved, or they know of a person who is involved and suspect foul play occurred by that person.

Yeah, I was trying to not sound very cold hearted myself but hinky meter went up a couple of notches when they talked about her in the past tense. He sounded weird to me, the way he talked about her being his sunshine and comparing her to not having your cup of coffee in the morning.

Of course, they might be thinking she isn't alive, but it's a bit early to determine that, if there was no evidence of a break in or struggle nor any blood or evidence of foul play had occurred. Only mentioning her cell phone pinging in KY.

To me, that leaves two scenarios for those comments-
1. LE has told them they don't believe she is alive, based on evidence they have, but are keeping it out of the media (I doubt this, but who knows?)
2. they are involved, or they know of a person who is involved and suspect foul play occurred by that person.

There was mention of her being home schooled but also mention of her having many school friends back in Georgia. This makes me think perhaps she was not always home schooled. Yet they also said they do not think she went to Georgia. I have to wonder if her parents switched Savannah to home school and eventually moved back to TN due to someone at school bothering her-- only a theory, one of many I have running through my head at the moment.

There was mention of her being home schooled but also mention of her having many school friends back in Georgia. This makes me think perhaps she was not always home schooled. Yet they also said they do not think she went to Georgia. I have to wonder if her parents switched Savannah to home school and eventually moved back to TN due to someone at school bothering her-- only a theory, one of many I have running through my head at the moment.
Exactly. Maybe there was someone from her past that was stalking her or tried something with her, and her parents decided to move and home school her to keep her safe. The police keep saying they don't believe that she ran away, and I believe they also said there was nothing to indicate that she was thinking of running away. I'm wondering if a dangerous sex offender from her previous town may be involved in her disappearance, which may be why the parents don't think she is alive.

Believe me, I don't want to go down that route of suspecting anyone in her family. Perhaps their odd comments were grief motivated, but Dad's comment was a bit bizarre.

Yes, LE said in the PC she had one from where they used to live and one for where they live now (paraphrasing).

Source / “must watch” video:

—-

Interesting:
12:07 -12:25:

LE: “We’re not at liberty to name anybody at this point just because if it doesn’t pan out”

Reporter’s voice interjects:
“Abduction or Runaway?”

LE: (pause) “well, then, like I said I don’t wanna really say whether it was abduction or runaway at this point just in case (mumble) any of these suspects do pan out.”

—-

Notice “suspects” plural, as well as “two” other unnamed states.
Oddest press release ever. No lead by LE. If not for the reporter asking questions, I’d have had no clue what they were talking about. Past tense language by parents, yet some laughter too. Not judging or drawing conclusions, just perplexed. Absolutely bizarre.

This young gal is missing, and while I did see it mentioned in my local online paper, not much media attention is being shared overall, and no pressure on any of the possible suspects mentioned in the press conference.

It seems investigators don’t think she was abducted, don’t that she ran away, don’t think she was involved with anyone through social media, and don’t think she would try and go back to Georgia from where the family had moved. It’s so odd. What is left if those are angles are ruled out?

If one of her cell phone pinged in KY, it would make some sense she was with it.

That’s the best I can do, right now, but there is definitely something strange here. I know some information is being withheld, based on the information shared at the press conference.

Kids grow fast around the age of 14. I don't think Savannah could have had more than one true coat. And it was cold in Tennessee. Did she not take a coat with her? That seems odd. No backpack? Nothing? Why don't we hear about any of that? Did she share a bedroom with her siblings?

Fillyaw said investigators have some information they are “withholding at this time” in case there would ever be any type of prosecution in the case.

‘Like Having Your Soul Ripped Out Of Your Body,’ Father Says After 14-Year-Old Daughter Mysteriously Vanishes

I have followed many crimes here, and when information was withheld, it was because there was evidence of a crime, knowledge by LE of how it went down, and those aspects of evidence were withheld so a suspect could confess truly.

There is no indication of anything suggesting that a crime occurred, at this time. In fact, there is no evidence other than she is missing. Again, this is all so odd, especially the comments made she wasn’t a runaway and wasn’t abducted. The spokesperson at the presser did say his community has never dealt with a teenager going missing this long so did bring in the FBI.

It seems investigators don’t think she was abducted, don’t that she ran away, don’t think she was involved with anyone through social media, and don’t think she would try and go back to Georgia from where the family had moved. It’s so odd. What is left if those are angles are ruled out?
Edited for focus...
Yes, what is left? Do they think suicide? In KY?

Edited for focus...
The only thing I can come up with is that she snuck out of the house to meet somebody (but not to run away). It explains her taking her phones and that there was no evidence of a struggle. Then something goes really haywire. And, there are so many possibilities there I don't know where to begin.
MOO

How would she have gotten there, though? Never know, though. Anything is possible.

I am not sure, but it is an oddity. From what we understand from the presser, and her family, she simply disappeared, not being abducted, not running away.

Of course, those of us following crimes know that sort of disappearance doesn’t mysteriously happen- there has to be some suspicion on those closest in her circle of acquaintances.

This is a lonely old thread, not churning much interest in the MSM.

The Monroe County Sheriff's Office speaks on missing Madisonville girl Savannah Leigh Pruitt.
Here is a transcript of the press conference. I left out er's, uh's, and um's because it just made it too hard to read. There were A LOT of them, lol. Other than that, it should be near verbatim. Maybe we could all take a look at it to see if we've missed something. ?

Attachments

I'm not usually one to make a big deal of past tense word usage but I found the parents' words to be revealing in the interview video at this link: Monroe County Sheriff's Office searching for missing 14-year-old girl

Dad: "It is unimaginable to tell you how it feels to lose one of yours. There is no explanation unless you've went through it. She brought the sunshine up in the morning, I mean just like not having your cup of coffee in the morning, it's just not the same without Savannah."

Video cuts to mom at Presser saying: "She was my sunshine, I put that on facebook, and now my sunshine is gone."

I'm not implying the parents are in anyway involved. Their words sound genuine to me. But these sound like the words of parents who don't think their daughter is coming back to them. MOO.

I’m glad it was you Gardener to have the guts to point this out. This stood out to me BIGTIME but didn’t want to say anything.

With that being said, I’ve seen cases before where parents used past tense and the missing return home alive, so I don’t put a lot of faith in this as you also stated, however the use of past tense here was REALLY over the top. From Savannah’s FB imo she doesn’t seem like the type to run away (of course one can never be sure) and it seems she and her mother are very close. Not pointing any fingers at all, but as you said so well, it seems her parents, or at least mother does not think she’s coming back? Perhaps it’s just her jargon in this moment of being overwhelmed as one can only imagine the terror, fear and heartbreak, but again, that’s a lot of past tense.

Last edited:
The only thing I can come up with is that she snuck out of the house to meet somebody (but not to run away). It explains her taking her phones and that there was no evidence of a struggle. Then something goes really haywire. And, there are so many possibilities there I don't know where to begin.
MOO

I am reminded of this exact scenario that occurred in two other cases, Nicole Lovell and also another girl who’s name escapes me at the moment (the two boys that picked her up ended up killing her just because they were curious about/wanted to see someone die. Anyone remember her name? It’s on the tip of my tongue.)

—-

“Authorities in Tennessee, Kentucky and Georgia are all involved in the investigation. The Atlanta bureau of the FBI confirmed it is assisting with the case because the Pruitt family lived in Lawrenceville, Georgia before moving to Tennessee in December.”

Investigators searching for teen who vanished from home weeks ago

-l expect the media attention to pick up in this case as it already seems to be, HLN, etc.

Last edited:
Edited for focus...

I hadn’t thought about that, JJ. I think there are some well intended people with off the hand remarks that don’t make any sense in print. When you rule out what they say, IMO, I guess you could have what you describe, or she was killed in the area.

According to the weather at the time she went missing it was a light rain and between 38 and 40 degrees (so a cold rain). The humidity and dew point suggests there would have been fog.. Fog forms when the dew point temperature and air temperature differ by less than 4.5 degrees.

McMinn County, TN History | Weather Underground

Unless someone comes to the house to get her, she had to take a coat with her.

ETA: That is the closest weather station to Madisonville, happens to be in another county.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member