TN TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe she will be found and alive. The person she left (willingly imo) with will be a male adult who took her across state lines which will make this a federal crime. I also think there has more than likely been some problems in the family with this male adult and their concern about the relationship he and Savannah had (have) that prompted the move and the homeschooling. jmo

Statements from the 1/25 press conference regarding abduction/runaway:

REPORTER: Are you able to look into or, I don't know the correct terminology, but go through the actions or messages that she sent prior to her missing?
FILLYAW: We've already reached out to all the cellular phone carriers and social media outlets and have produced in excess of 2,000 pages of reporting. Myself, the Federal Bureau of Investigation Knoxville office and the TBI have gone through each and every page of that reporting and there has been nothing in any of that reporting that led us to believe that she intended to run away or was speaking with anybody that would try to abduct her. So at this point, she's, this is, this is a missing person’s case.

REPORTER: Nothing shows that she ran away?
FILLYAW: We're not sure of that at this point and that's also some of the information that we're not at liberty to release at this point. We just know that her mother, Christina, went into her bedroom about 4:30 in the morning of the 14th and she was gone. And, she checked the house and did not locate her. Mr. Pruitt went out and checked the farm and didn't find her anywhere on the farm and they notified law enforcement immediately.

REPORTER: Abduction or runaway?
FILLYAW: Well like I said, I don't want to really say whether it was abduction or runaway at this point just in case some of these, any of these suspects do pan out.

REPORTER: So, it's a missing person (crosstalk)?
FILLYAW: At this point it's being treated as a missing juvenile, yes.
REPORTER: But those other options are not ruled out until you guys get finished?
FILLYAW: Exactly. Exactly, yes. You know, we're not willing to say either way until the investigation is complete and we find her.

Source: Video and transcript previously linked

I believe she will be found and alive. The person she left (willingly imo) with will be a male adult who took her across state lines which will make this a federal crime. I also think there has more than likely been some problems in the family with this male adult and their concern about the relationship he and Savannah had (have) that prompted the move and the homeschooling. jmo
I think you are right ... and I hope this is exactly what happened. The mother’s “angry” set to jaw, lack of tears and then the father’s pain in his eyes - resonated with me personally. It was exactly how my parents reacted when I ran away at 14. My father was terrified and so sweet to me after picking me up from police station, my mother wanted to beat me even though she loved me.

Her not having shoes on really bothers me. Who would leave their house and take clothes and sheets but no shoes? That makes me think she did not leave willingly as in terms of running away from home. I think someone took her against her will or something much worse occured. I just don't see anyone leaving without shoes. Doesn't make sense especially if it was cold out.
Do we all think she had only one pair of shoes? How do we know "her shoes" were missing? Maybe she just wore another pair?

She went to bed on Sunday the 13th at 11pm and was found to be missing on Monday the 14th at around 5:00am.
Savannah was last seen at her residence in Madisonville, TN on January 13, 2019. There is no known clothing description. She may have traveled to the Corbin KY area.
Help Us Find Savannah Leigh Pruitt
I see - last seen on the 13th. Reported missing 14th AM and phone pinged on the 14th? Trying to get this timeline straight - Thanks!

Savannah's missing status has not been upgraded to "endangered." I wish it was.
MOO
It should be. If she's with an adult that she is not supposed to be with, without her parents consent, then she is endangered. Plus whoever she is with, isn't notifying her parents or authorities, so their intentions are suspect, at the very least. imo

Savannah was last seen at her residence in Madisonville, TN on January 13, 2019. There is no known clothing description. She may have traveled to the Corbin KY area.
Help Us Find Savannah Leigh Pruitt
I see - last seen on the 13th. Reported missing 14th AM and phone pinged on the 14th? Trying to get this timeline straight - Thanks!
Do we know what time the phone pinged on the 14th?

(Off topic, there was this case out of Australia iirc, the perp pulled his car directly under a little girl’s window, then stood on it to climb in and out!)
Criminals and their ingenuity.

Since it was reportedly raining the night she went missing, I would hope there would be evidence of something like this..tire tracks somewhere at least, or footprints, or prints of dragging sheets, etc. .

I'm sure she must have had a backpack. It is pretty much standard equipment, especially since she was in public school up until December. So using a backpack and her coat would seem to make more sense, especially since it was in the 30s and raining that night. But no mention has been made of either backpack or coat/jacket being missing. But neither has it been said that they aren't missing, or that they even exist...
Still, it is odd. Window open in that weather, and sheets missing - not a good combination. But also clothes missing. Hard to really get a handle on this.

There is a picture of Savannah with a backpack on her facebook page: Savannah Pruitt
It shows her with a purse too. I wonder if her backpack and/or purse are missing?

MOO.

I see where you're going, and I really hope you're right.

The early comment about her possibly being a runaway bothers me - curious if a parent would suspect this rather than abduction right away? And if a runaway, why not go out the front door (unless it is alarmed in which case the window might also be) - the taking of both phones could be a clue - perhaps in the time she was reported missing early on the 13th (after going to bed around 11 on the 12th) she had the phones but not the chargers and they simply ran out of battery power on the 15th or were discovered and shut off? Curious about the reporting of the KY ping as well. so many questions JMO

Investigators searching for teen who vanished from home weeks ago
I wonder if she left a note to the parents or siblings but LE isn't telling MSM this just in case she didn't write it? It could have been typed (what kid uses handwriting these days).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TruthAndACoffee